Can Superman be properly modernized and brought to the 21st century, like Marvel did with Captain America...

Can Superman be properly modernized and brought to the 21st century, like Marvel did with Captain America? What would be the proper way of doing it?

Attached: captain man and super america.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7OhOokoIKAU
youtube.com/watch?v=yhgOt7YFN0I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Marvel already did it right with Captain Marvel.
Better for DC to focus elsewhere.

Attached: fearless2019001_cov.jpg (1317x2000, 294K)

Elsewhere where? When Moon Knight gets introduced, it’s over.

No. Because DC didn't actually bother to make actual characters that could translate to other forms of media

Just overpowered Gods for children's comic books

>Elsewhere where
That streaming service that's losing them billions.

>This thread now belongs to the true red and blue hero.

Attached: 1557176003549.jpg (975x1200, 116K)

Attached: 1557177018125.jpg (975x1200, 114K)

>Can Superman be properly modernized and brought to the 21st century
You already know the answer, OP.
No.

Modernized captain america? The whole point of his character is that he isn't modern.

Number one would be not take advice from indians, blacks, mexicans, or white trailer park hot topic shoppers about the white man that is a symbol for truth, justice, and the American way.
Too bad they didn't ignore them these past 8 years.

>could he be?
Does he need to be? A little bit, sure, but people are generally more receptive to old school charm. That's what people like about movie Cap, and find the lack of it in all versions of Carol boring.

So you think Superman is a joyless charmless military tool?

>Can Superman be properly modernized and brought to the 21st century, like Marvel did with Captain America?
Captain Marvel was awful though.

>TIL Snyder's a mexican

Attached: 9db4e1b.jpg (474x474, 42K)

lets be real here, her arse aint that big

No, I don't.

>DC fans literally can't help proving to everyone how retarded they are

Well how did marvel do superman right since that’s all marvel is.

>Reality can be whatever I want

Attached: il_794xN.1682855707_tm4x.jpg (794x794, 45K)

Superman is already modern, that's why they call him the man of tomorrow.
He's literally a metropolitan.

What do you even remotely consider 'modernized' exactly? What does that word even mean?

What's to be upgraded about Superman exactly? Alien raised by parents in the midwest who instill in him a code of ethics that supports him in his cause to defend the race that fostered him from fantastic threats.

His course through life teaches him humility, kindness, respect, the dignity of life and the horrors that threaten it. He encounters forces both benevolent and tyrannical and struggles to assure himself that he is one and not the other.

What do we need to change exactly to make that more modern?

Literally just do what you did with Captain America but with a few more smiles and more public interactions

Captain Marvel literally has a smile on her face everytime she's stomping skrulls/her own people/Thanos' ship. I wouldn't ay she's joyless.

>t. didn't watch Captain Marvel

Attached: 1555879016296.png (1280x977, 367K)

Man of steel already delivered the modern superman.
>rural america is dead and all the farmers are paranoid about big government
>the school system has no way of dealing with his needs and instead just tries to dope him
>he has to work dead end jobs because he can't make a career.
Superman in Man of Steel is basically a true american.

DC can't have 2 Captain America ripoffs

Attached: images (1).jpg (300x168, 11K)

>ywn have a superman movie made by the marvel studios

>both Superman books constantly and regularly outsell Captan America
How can Marvel make people more interested in Captain America comic books?

Give it to (shudder) bendis?

Sure we will. With all the money DC keeps losing AT&T will get rid of it by the end of Summer

Go home Brie, no one likes you here

>m-muh comics
It's sad seeing how low DC fans have sunk

In terms of character they're barely the same, I meant in terms of that plucky boyscout attitude

By bringing Brubaker or Hickman back

I unironically want dc bought by disney

If Marvel did such a great job at modernizing Captain America then why doesn't his comic outsell Superman?

>"STOP TALKING ABOUT COMICS IN "COMICS AND CARTOONS"! WE ARE SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT MOVIES HERE!"
You MCUfags are too entitled.

We all do. Just like with Fox and Sony.

>Brubaker's run was 15 years ago
>still the only Captain America run people talk about in the whole century
No wonder Captain sells so bad.

Because comics are for faggots.

If Superman does so much better than Captain America then why doesn't he have a single billion dollar movie or even a watchable trilogy

All of my friends bash the shit out of Superman because he's "this perfect being and boring as fuck."

There's nothing wrong with depicting Superman and he doesn't need to be "modernized". The problem is that contemporary society lacks sincerity and scoffs at it thanks to edgy Gen X'ers and millenials. And I say this as a 25 year old who grew up with Superman TAS on Toonami and Justice League/JL Unlimited.

>The problem is that contemporary society lacks sincerity and scoffs at it thanks to edgy Gen X'ers and millenials
None of the MCU superheroes are edgy, tho. And the edgy DCEU was trashed both by the critics and by the viewers

Captain America has two solo movies then an avengers movie

But "Man of Steel" box office was almost double of "The First Avenger".

The only """Captain America""" movie that grossed more than a billion was the one in which Tony Stark has more screentime than the titular character.

Batman and Green Arrow aren't any more powerful than Captain America, Hawkeye, and Iron Man. Marvel's Asgardian heroes were actually worshipped as gods in real life. Spider-Man, Hulk, The Thing, all over-powered.

I was thinking after watching Endgame, that scene where Cap is consoling people left behind in that little meeting, and he's just there in plain clothes. Using his out of this world experiences as examples but still staying on their level, he seemed like just a normal good person helping them out. That's what a Superman adaption needs, the humanising element, where Supes shows that he isn't just strong, but he's kind and genuinely cares about his fellow man and is willing to do the little things to help as well.

I don't think it's impossible to do a good Superman adaption, but I do think it's impossible to do a good Superman adaption that is tied into a DC multiverse. He needs a standalone series that really establishes him from the ground up.

>>still the only Captain America run people talk about in the whole century
That's because it was the last good one, and Coates is going slowly in that direction too, meanwhile
>Bendis writing Superman
You will start defending your gay and Jew Supes in no time

Not by the viewers.

And the one that wasn't edgy bombed harder than Solo

>Batman and Green Arrow aren't any more powerful than Captain America, Hawkeye, and Iron Man.
Way less, actuallly.

When Batman fights agaisnt a stronger opponent, he has to bring all sorts of shit, prep-time and all that just to stand a chance.

When Caotain America has to fight agaisnt a stronger opponent, he just punches the stronger opponent really hard and wins. No matter how much stronger Hulk is, every time he and Caotain America clashed, Cap won simply by "punching really hard". Why Hulk can take punches from the Thing but can't from Captain? No idea.

I have never seen Marvelfags complaining about it, so I suppose they believe it to be "great writing".

This

Marvel did with Captain America?
MCU cap is the worse cap since the 50's. Fuck you.

They're not edgy, but they're very flawed people. This is why my buddies favor Marvel over DC characters. And yeah fuck the DCEU. Shazam was the first movie that actually felt like a comic book adaptation.

>Flaunting sales when Bendis is ruining Superman day by day
The absolute state of DCfags

>and Coates is going slowly in that direction
And put "slowly" at that. If his stories were any slower, they would run backwards. Dude is the decompression of decompression.

Comics are dying. No wonder Superman’s your poster boy.

>slow
I'll give you that, but undoing Spencer's work is no easy job

>even down, sales of both Superman books are better than Captain's only book
>this somehow means that Captain America is more popular
Then ancilliary books don't help either. Supergirl 20th issue sells double of Winter Soldiers's 3rd. Actually, I think Bucky manages to sell worse than KENAN KONG.

There's something unappeling about Captain America in comic books. Dude simply can't sell.

They already did it in the DCAU.

>t-they already did it 20 years ago
Fucking get with the times or kill yourself you pathetic basementdwelling shutin

Why are MCUfags like this?

Yes but Zack Snyder and WB fucked it up

Everyone complains Superman is OP, but giving him challenges he can't just punch his way out if, like personal relationships, living up to his dad's expectations, being careful not to let his powers corrupt his morality (like Injustice) would make for a more impactful story. I guess DC cinematic universe kinda tried it, but do it in a less pretentious fashion and keep the balance between good story/conflicts and good superhero fun.

>Supergirl 20th issue sells double of Winter Soldiers's 3rd
>Implying that current Supergirl sells because of good writing/storytelling
Winter Soldier doesn't have tits for incels to fap to, user

That's mostly bullshit.
Captain America, Hawkeye and Batman are Peak humans with Both Batman and Captain america being in the 1 ton range in mainstream universes, Green Arrow is Olympic tier, Tony is below that.
You won't find the answer in fucking Yea Forums, but the most important part is that you stop trying to see this as a fanboy, normal people doesn't give a fuck about captain america, they trust the MARVEL name as a product they consume, they are attracted to the whole. Most people that watched endgame doesn't remember who red skull was, i know this makes not muh retards mad, but BvS criticism among normal people was that it didnt had enough superman, not that they didn't liked cavill. Normal people doesn't get as emotionally invested as fags from comic boards

>normal people doesn't give a fuck about captain america
Imagine being this fucking delusional

Yeah because Superman was doing so great before that mean old Mr. Snyder showed up and ruined DC forever with his shitty 2 and a half movies

Attached: e3aLTaD5ppxo3en0GAGceekEPAe.jpg (2000x3000, 703K)

>That's mostly bullshit.
You know it is true.

All Captain America stories are like this. No matter the size, the strength of the number of the enemies. If it comes to a fistfight, Captain America wins 100% of the time.

Even in the MCU is like this.

>Iron Man's third armor collides with a supersonic jet and is shot by a tank = barely a scratch
>Iron Man's 56th armor is punched by Captain America = fucked beyond repair

Attached: 5779654-4857574-3933402-spidey+and+cap+vs+rhino+and+hulk+2.jpg (1240x1920, 601K)

Superman plays more a father figure than most heroes do though.

I don't think that upbringing makes sense in the context of modern mass media.

I was believable before that a child could grow up in a secluded rural area and arrive fully formed with the "code of ethics" his parents gave him.

In a modern setting you would have to explain why A: If super man was born the 50's why he was ok with people being abused on television during the civil rights movement. Most peoples modern understanding of a folksy moral code involves not being ok with violent crackdowns on protestors.

B: If he was born in a more modern era. Why was kid version of him not flying out to every major disaster that is televised constantly. They tried this with the super emphasis on it being a secret in man of steel. A secret so sacred superman let his dad die.

Hell it would almost be required to show him roughing up a Racist/homophob/charicature of a Trump supporter just to signal to audiences that he didn't get *that* code of ethics from his rural Midwestern family.

This is what it would mean to modernize superman. To translate his origin in away that is congruent with a modern setting without changing the themes.

>B: If he was born in a more modern era. Why was kid version of him not flying out to every major disaster that is televised constantly
Because he couldn't fly until he was an adult or close to it.

Smallville,Post-Crisis, DCAU, even the DCEU are like this.

He was still a bullet proof god. He could have fucking jumped. Or just got in a fucking plane. The point is that he needs a reason to stay in his shitty small town while everything else is happening that isnt contrived as fuck. A normal human would have tested their powers out as soon as they started learning about them.

If you even give him super strength even a disabled person would essentially be able to fly(big jumps) across any terrain that isnt the ocean.

Did he just never try to run very fast either?

I mean, have you seen Smallville? He was still doing super-heroics, only in a much smaller scale than he would ended up in.

When he was a bullet-proof teenager, he protected his whole town. As he grew up and so did his capabilities, he extended his protection to the whole world.

I can't see exactly what is wrong with that. Your problem with Superman is that he wasn't taking airplanes to fight crime in the whole world while he was a child growing up? Is this what makes him "not-modern"?

Its a global world. What ever stupid villian of the week shit that was going on in smallville doesnt really justify him not doing something about major issues.

Being the hero of your small town isn't real a goal modern children consider noteworthy. Teens are fighting for climate change and liberty all over the world. Superman would need a legit reason not to help people outside of his 30 square mile zone.

Give me a reason super man with all his morals would not be interested in helping the homeless? Even a child could figure out how to make the world a better place with an immunity to bullets and the ability to bench press a whale.

There is a reason they never show any of the modern marvel hero's doing any crime fighting. Its nonsense in a modern context.

A god walks among us character not doing anything noteworthy until he turns 18 needs some huge qualifiers in a modern setting.

>I grew up in a small town never exposed to big city problems
Doesnt make sense when you have a smartphone and a bus pass.

Attached: 1556480680227.jpg (1267x808, 100K)

What major issues? Dude, you re talking about a bullet proof child. He can do about as much as fucking Luke Cage, and even as a child he does more.

Saying that "Teenage Supperman should have done something about the homeless" is nonsense. Heroes in the same ballpark of abilities that are already adults don't do any of that shit. What has Luke Cage done for the homeless? What has Jessica Jones?

>Its a global world.

All Marvel adult heroes being contained to New York city is acceptable, but child Clark Kent not being a "global hero" is where you draw the line?

>saying that "Teenage Supperman should have done something about the homeless" is nonsense. Heroes in the same ballpark of abilities that are already adults don't do any of that shit. What has Luke Cage done for the homeless? What has Jessica Jones?

Jessica is a bad person overall and is repeatedly asked by side characters why she doesn't do more.

Cage literally immediately starts a one man war on organized crime in like 30 minutes after he gets off the bus. And is then promptly arrested. He struggles to work inside the confines of the law, and his whole hero arc is deciding to risk going back to prison to help others.Plus he is supposedly doing all that kind of community service stuff off screen according to the show.

They literally address why they are small scale. Though there is clearly outside of plot reasons why they don't just immediately go join the rest of the Marvel cast.

Superman as you described him has none of these reasons to be not doing shit. Literally just I live far away and my dad told me not to help people. I think they handled this issue the best they could in man of steel without making major changes to his origin. But the mere fact they had to spend so much effort addressing it lends weight to my claim that it matters.

>Show
>Man of Steel
Dude, are we talking about live action or about comics?

In the comic books, both Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are respected super-heroes. Luke Cage has been an Avenger leader, and has no problem with the law whatsoever. Why isn't he helping the homeless?

I thought we were talking about it live action adaptions. There's literally nothing wrong with supes in the comics. You have a much lower bar for believable in the context of literal drawings.

You could literally remake Superman The Movie with updated visuals. You listen to Donner talking about the intent behind the depiction, and tonally it still fits.
They were post-Kennedy assassination/Nixon impeachment, when Golden Age idealism was in decline and cynicism was on the rise. Then here comes Superman to Metropolis, and the midwest morals he was raised with are treated as being kitschy or naive, and yet he doesn't let it bring him down. He remains optimistic, and believing in the best of everyone.
Whether you disliked the Clintons and Obama, or Bush and Trump, there is no longer implicit faith in the system. You may see immigrants fearfully, or white CIS men as the source of all evil, but to show someone who epitomizes the best of all of us, who only the biggest assholes or pettiest critics will bitch about, isn't hard to do.
Superman is strong but not abusive, firm but not stubborn, driven but not obsessive, compassionate but not a pushover, all wrapped up in a friendly comforting demeanor to all but those who betray the trust he has in each of our better inclinations. He is the ultimate fireman, which means he cares more about saving those in danger before stopping the bad guy seemingly putting them in danger.
I still think the idea of portraying initial mistrust isn't a bad one, especially now, but despite our inclination to so quickly react with fear and consequential anger at things we are unfamiliar with, that is an arc that can be completed in one movie. In the first Iron Man, Tony Stark is defending against two F-22s trying because they don't know what he is, and react to that unfamiliarity aggressively. There is nothing wrong with doing that, because other than Congressional hearings forced by a member of Hydra, by the end of Iron Man we never saw Tony fighting against domestic forces again. You can do the same with Superman, by having him prove that fear unwarranted and instead deserving of trust.

People don't give a single shit about Captain America. He will be forgotten the moment mouse stops shilling him. It's all about marketing.

I see his Cap and Tony shit wherever I go, laughing Evans is fucking everywhere so you're wrong.

Maybe you should stop visit plebbit or other places for "geek" degenerates? I don't see tony, cap or any other mouse character other than posters on the streets.

>I see his Cap and Tony shit wherever I go
Where the fuck you live in?

the fanbase is not the same as NORMAL people, if you can't understand that it means you are legit autistic.

Yes, but its the wrong direction.

Superman is a mythological fantasy set in the modern world, a fusion of Id and Super-ego absent the Ego.

Superman in the basic components used by Fleischer and later by the DCAU fits at any time. He’s the fantasy of being able to make a better world by preventing disasters as they happen and as an absolute of merciful but unyielding justice. The desires of the ordinary man who reads about the tragedies in a newspaper to help mankind.

You could slip a proper Superman in at any time from cavemen wishing that their elder wasn’t swept away as they crossed a river to colonists of other planets 100 years from now wishing they could just fly out, grab an asteroid, bring it back and pull the metal directly out of it to alleviate their lack of supplies.

Attached: EAF67416-043B-4126-874C-DCA9D31DFC0B.jpg (299x225, 98K)

Jessica is also suffering from severe PTSD.
So there’s that.

Who?

Attached: 1556373917092.png (493x276, 259K)

Just a sociopath

Fulfilling the 1980s prophecy after all this time...

Dont play the retard card user

>Can Superman be turned into a coward who will not stop the horrors of the 20th century?
No. Next question?

>DC
>losing
What? Even if we add Captain feminist and Shazam, there will not be much of the difference between "huge" and successful mouseverse and DCEU.

Attached: 1550654171655.jpg (1902x1800, 2.2M)

>why are we pretending that Superman cannot compare to those guys?
Mouseshills memed you and most of the people into thinking that Superman is "outdated" and "boring" because he is too strong and has strong morals. Society of degenerates can't even imagine man being both good and powerful.

Yes. Unfortunately it may be unamerican in dceu due to potential realism, violating foreign nations sovereignty.

Make Superman the glue of DCEU by having him cameo via newspapers, tv shots of him saving folks around the world.

Keep the negative press of BVS of supes as an alien, to show he has something to overcome.
Have weird stuff like him playing soccer with some kids in some se asian country.
ALSO do the snyder scene where supes can hear everyone or see how interconnected we are.

People forget that Hulk and Iron Man 2 poisoned the well, and MCU didn't feel like a phenomenon until Avengers.

It wasn't mouseshills, the people that bitched the most about those movies were not muh faggots. As pointed out in the thread, after BvS Superman reached peak popularity he didn't had since the 90's (and before that since superman 2). Reardless of if you don't like the movies, the fact is the idea superman was killed by those movies is just retarded, even suicide squad, a garbage movie was popular, normal people don't get as invested as autists think, normies disliked BvS for being BORING, not for retarded not muh reasons, in fact one of the biggest criticism about the theatrical cut was how little superman they got.

I liked this.

He already has been in the comics. Literally just adapt Post-Crisis Superman properly- a clever and earnest optimist who just so happens to be the most powerful physical presence in the room. The movies have all focused on either being or responding to Christopher Reeve's Superman, which is not who PC Superman is.

Wonder Woman is a better female superhero movie

Post-Crisis Superman sucks though. He’s a goddamn yuppie for Christ’s sake who is always running back to Ma and Pa to tell him what to do. Unironically Morrison’s New 52 Superman works better.

Attached: 145F57DF-6A7B-4EAD-A147-E2A25139F6D0.jpg (1041x1600, 653K)

Dont you know? If your movie didn't make a billion, its a flop

Cant tell if falseflagging or ladder

>Losing them billions

Got a source for that Ladderbro?

>Implying Captain Marvel is good
>calling others retarded
Ultra kek

Attached: 1556843889578.jpg (2124x1782, 913K)

I’m getting really fucking tired of these threads shitting on Superman

He doesn't have to be modernized. He's the man of tomorrow, he's supposed to be what we strive to become.
A force of objective moral goodness who does what's right every time. Just because edgy faggots and moral relativists can't accept that kind of character doesn't make him outdated or bad.

Attached: 13131.png (1200x1600, 1.3M)

That would suck if CM is any indication. Shazam! proved that DC absolutely can make a good Superman movie if they get a director that actually tries.

This. He's an ideal for us, not some broken and morally dubious human character that we see ourselves as. He's what we're supposed to be.

Attached: 1396594510012.jpg (800x588, 60K)

>he's supposed to be what we strive to become.
>He's an ideal for us
Fucking superdaddyfags, you morons somehow are so autistic you confuse what he us supposed to represent IN UNIVERSE to what superman is for the reader/viewer: A CHARACTER
And people reacted by not watching the movie.

>what he us supposed to represent IN UNIVERSE to what superman is for the reader/viewer

Attached: ff-ps71g_400x400.jpg (303x303, 26K)

>you confuse what he us supposed to represent IN UNIVERSE to what superman is for the reader/viewer: A CHARACTER

Attached: imxjsksages.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Phoneposters need to be banned unironically

that's not a phone filename dummy.

I wasn't talking about you.

Christopher Reeve was the best movie Superman, prove me wrong.

>and is willing to do the little things to help as well.

Nothing about Superman is "little" checks off the same level that cap and Spidey use to gain sympathy to casual. The point about Superman is, everything he does he unbelievably grandiose in goodness, even his humanity and his humility.

Cap in comparison is good and pure but not unbelievably so that he has to be a godly Jesus figure about it, He's actually more socially acceptable in relating to the underdog and working class, because that's how he was brought up instead of pretending to fit in as a godly alien as a imitation of a middle class citizen.

At the end of the day, He's a God trying to pretend he's human enough to fit in. That's just the basic theme around him.

No, but once you go Big, you can start leaving your mortal worries behind.
And your ego.

She went from being somewhat pathetic and jealous to at the least trying to be a paragon.
And then she stayed like that for 10 minutes and returned to being a insecure hardass for the next movie she showed up in.

Attached: Marve_Presents_Justice_League.jpg (1000x1535, 432K)

I can't. It's the best capeshit movie. But there's a huge difference between thinking that is a fantastic movie and thinking superman should only be done in certian way.

>He doesn't have to be modernized.
> He's the man of tomorrow, he's supposed to be what we strive to become.

Literally motherfucking Batman is this for us and alot more than Superman due to him being human and representing being incoruptibly moral and good as humans can be, with just the right determination and drive.

You Supes fags need to admit Supes is a fanfiction hero that ain't ever going to matter in the age like Batman who actually is the success of the company.

don't try to bait them, they are already spergs.

Not really. Batman needs a moral code in order to not "be" evil. Superman doesn't because he knows what he is: a dude from kansas trying to do the right thing.

>Supes is a fanfiction hero
as opposed to the "normal" human who was chosen by the god of fear to usher in a dark age and can beat anyone with enough prep time.

>one of the most lucrative, well known, and longest lasting IPs on Earth
>”How do we save him?”
Nigger go ask how to save something actually dead like Terminator or Robocop.

If you actually believe this you are a casual and a fake nerd.

Attached: abaitb9.gif (496x498, 391K)

Bullshit. Superman goes evil more often than Batman when you look at alt timelines and the multiverse. It's almost to the point where evil Superman is more common than good Superman.

That's because people are uncreative and think they're doing something edgy and new without realizing their just being a fedora tipping shithead.
the same people who like evil superman stories also ask "lmao if God is good then why is their evil xdddd?"

Attached: Dark_Knights.png (1280x982, 2.5M)

Man this looks awful.

First, multiverses don't count, because they are elseworlds where the writer can do whatever they like.
Second, if we compare the evil versions of superman vs batman, batman is way worse because only his evil versions and OG batman by proxy because he kept the fucking cosmic tuning fork instead of destroying it tried to destroy the whole multiverse.

Metal was great fun.

>Man this looks awful.
It was.
the only good part was when hal beat the shit out of the GL batman and then fucking lost because the plot demanded that batman should win.

Attached: hal-jordan-mech-suit.png (513x786, 845K)

Yeah, he's not dated at all desu. If anything in a world of social media and constant infighting and straight up hatred tossed from side to side in this country I think Superman would sincerely begin to become sad. He has no more power than anyone in such debates, he'd be looked at like a political celebrity or athlete is looked at if they speak out on their opinions and there is no way as a journalist OR superhero that he could not spend his entire day smashing holes into government and private sector buildings and taking incriminating documents or shit like that. He hears every single shred of corruption how can that not eat him alive if he lets it fester? He'd HAVE to be Superman to not go nuts or become an obsessive like Batman.

>Superman is dated
Is what fools and the uncreative say.
>writers need to focus on non and/or metaphysical physical threats
Is what the patricians know.

And when I say physical I mean no stupid "I'll kidnap so and so" bullshit. He's damn near as fast as flash he's blitzing almost anyone. He shoots lasers from his eyes and can see further than the curvature of the earth allows. The man could kill or maim you with a perfectly placed eye laser from miles away through most surfaces. Writers need to focus on his mind, on his psyche and his resilience to seeing things that no man should see. The writer should interview dude's who've worked on ambulances and coroners, talk to retired detectives not even so much for "muh detective skillz" but to ask them what it's like to chase a ghost and hope every lead is real just to solve a crime that already happened knowing you'll rarely stop one.

That last bit goes for Batman doubly so but I do infact think almost all of these characters should have training in detective work. They're crimefighters and know Batman.

I don't even know what that arc is. I'm going solely off of those character designs.

Fuck off zack

CM has nothing to do in any sorta with superman

You dont change anything, you go so far into his cheesy wholesome farm-boy personality, his belief in the american dream, all of it, authentically as humanly possible, and no shame, or audience winks. It would work.
This is actually a great example of superman without everything that makes him charming, especially when it comes to being humble.

Someone should turn this into a feel good superman thread, I gotta go and do family time, so I cant. Good luck Yea Forumsmrades.

>the Superman behind pretty much all of the greatest Superman stories of all time sucks though
Trash opinion

You're actually 100% on the money. Good job.

Tear in my eye.

Attached: 97247A09-F1A0-4DB6-8A97-FCDB7288F084.gif (498x207, 1.48M)

I'm glad you enjoyed it, user.

Attached: GotYourBack_mmb1hklMJd1r93xiko1_500.gif (500x207, 951K)

This. People shit on Superman but he's literally THE modern hero.

People forget that "heroes" in ancient times were basically monsters who were only a "hero" in the sense that they went on extraordinary adventures. Most "heroes" back then were fucking assholes. Superman is probably one of the first modern heroes whose values define our culture's.

>his belief in the american dream
Fuck off. Superman being a chauvinist retard is immoral, he is superman, not a retard from Yea Forums the american dream has no justification in a post cold war world. It was propaganda then, now it's just insulting.
>Someone should turn this into a feel good superman thread
its always Superdaddyfags

Superdaddy is still better than whatever the hell Snyder’s was supposed to be

Just make him like he is in the comics. Stop being embarrassed of your roots.

>If super man was born the 50's why he was ok with people being abused on television during the civil rights movement.
you could play the card that he didn't want to stop being neutral on intimate human problems. it would be very easy to play god if you have all the powers superman has

Or whatever this shit is supposed to be.

Attached: Bendis on Superman.png (1103x477, 688K)

>If super man was born the 50's why he was ok with people being abused on television during the civil rights movement.
It could be used as a motivation for him as well. Since we was born in the 50's he was too young to understand what was going on or help, but helped him reinforce his morals and point of views.

this is good stuff

a man who can do anything, should be able to do anything....can't. it would be good drama

The horrible pressure of being Superman reminds me of The Metropolitan Man fanfic. It's about a psychologically realistic Clark Kent who just can't live up to the ideals he set out to embody.

Who gives a shit about snyder?
And those morals would be being ok with nuking japan, there's nothing wrong with realistic superman, but either he goes full authority or he is a goverment shill, superman can't believe in the "american dream" and not be retarded, he either is ok with the killing of palestineans and interventionism or he does something against it, anything in the middle is retarded.

Give Batman and Superman a nice bromance just like Cap and Bucky

Frank Miller is a fucking retard for having ruined their relationship forever

Attached: cap and bucky.jpg (3000x2204, 368K)

Don’t blame the old guy for Snyder’s mistake. He’s the idiot who picked that comic out of all things

AHNAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAZAA

>t. cuckold

That fic is one of the most depressing I ever read, but I still feel like he could've become Superman as we know it in the end if not for Lex.

I'm a huge MCUfag, but he's right.
I'd trade Brie for Gal any day of the week

Attached: protect the smile.jpg (1080x1624, 524K)

I had a weird daydream the other day of a Superman movie that heavily relied on the music similar to GotG where Superman was represented by the kind of classic rock his dad would've listened to complete with a sequence of his daily Metropolis saving set to Elvis' A Little Less Conversation, and it'd be juxtaposed by power/speed/death metal of Livewire and Parasite

DCEU one kind of is...

That's pure cringe.

That's pure based

Thanos: You have no stones, I do not wish to fight you
Flash: Yeah I wouldnt want to fight me neither

>and the American way.
Bombing children isnt very superman like.

ur a faget

Well duh, Thor needs a pity cocksleeve

MCU Captain America is simply the 80/90s Captain America from the comics.

i didn't even think about this ship but now that i want it
this is a way better power couple than anyone they could put together in either universe

Not at all. Ultimate cap under Millar was closer to 616 than fucking Captain Interventionism

just make him a big blue boyscout and dont make him sad or depressed or whatever.

This. Normies i know said bvs was boring.

That's not true. Superman is more then capable of tiny and low-key moments that show off how humanistic he is whole simultaneously showing how he's the best of us.

In fact those small moments are what stick with us far more then any of the grandiose larger then life things he does. Superman has stopped runaway trains, landed crashing planes and propped up falling bridges a thousand times, yet none of those moments were ever as impact as him just quietly talking a kid out of committing suicide.

Attached: all-star-superman-10-pg121.jpg (1280x2042, 518K)

this guy gets it

The non-white White reviewer would tell you are wrong about DCEU Supes.

Fucking comfyfags posting the same fucking shit al the time. The shit you are posting doesn't work on normal people that isn't familiar to the story (especially if they have healty human relationships instead of a fictional superdaddy). Put that escene in a movie and people will find it CREEPY, facebook memes about superman spying on little girls, the more you post that without context the less power it holds.

I don't think people would see it that way.

Attached: 1396594229191.jpg (2548x980, 446K)

>The shit you are posting doesn't work on normal people that isn't familiar to the story
Bitch I've never even fucking read All-Star Superman. This is the only scene from the entire story that I recognize- its just stuck with me all these years because it does a perfect job of defining who superman is and what he does.
>a scene of superman talking a teenager out of committing suicide would be weird to the general public
"no"

>None of the MCU superheroes are edgy
Cap left to live his selfish life in another timeline and let 9/11 and similar events happen just to keep his new life

>What do we need to change exactly to make that more modern?
to me its how the current world reacts to superman and how superman inspires them. I think there was a story actually about how superman thought he couldn't relate to people anymore and these new edgy anti-heroes were showing him they were more effective and more popular, but in the end superman proved that strength and ruthlessness isn't everything to a super hero. Anyone know the name of that story?

“What’s so Funny about Truth, Justice and the American Way?” It also a pretty good animated movie adaptation called “Superman vs the Elite”

edginess is on a scale. Tony Starks sarcastic self-destructive nature in IM1 and 2 is edgy compared to Donner's superman or even Raimi's spiderman.

The problem with this particular topic is that Supesfags see and talk about Superman as if he was Jesus which is why the average joe is turned off by the character, yet these people want to play it straight.

They want a not-jesus capes movie and don't see why people would be bothered with that.

Superman is a product of it's time and it can't work anymore.

Attached: 1414665979340.jpg (569x428, 25K)

kingdom come

He’s not perfect, he’s a flawed individual, but he’s a hero despite that.

>“What’s so Funny about Truth, Justice and the American Way?”
yeah that I read it on a storytime here some time ago. guess i'll try out the movie in the future

No he was a broken man trying to atone for his sins, a good person but not a Hero.

A good Superman movie would set right what a REAL hero is.

Most Supesfags like Supes because of the stories in which he can't solve real world problems.

Stop being an imbecile.

That’s a problem I noticed with DC fans. You guys get entitled, saying DC heroes are always more heroic . Iron Man IS a hero. A real hero. Maybe he doesn’t always make the right choices, maybe he screws up, but he is one. Not even a hero can be perfect

oh thats right I read that too. In retrospect I think it did it better then “What’s so Funny about Truth, Justice and the American Way?

stop creating enemies in your head. Even if he is wrong about tony.

You see it in every DC/Marvel thread. Guess I should have clarified hardcore Companywars DC fans though. Mea Culpa.

kingdom come is comics kino. lex was at his most evil
supermans speech to captain marvel was great. the whole book is great.

Have sex.

If I HAD to use pop music in a Superman movie, I'd go for a more Golden Age-style Superman like Morrison's AC run, and use punk rock like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=7OhOokoIKAU
youtube.com/watch?v=yhgOt7YFN0I

Not only is the sound really, really fucking cool, but that sort of energetic, rousing, inspirational vibe really fits Superman, as do the lyrics imo. I know it'd probably be way too weird for a mainstream audience though.

>A super hero being good and trying to make the world a better place is now being like "Jesus"
Have you ever read a superman comic before?

Attached: 2019-05-07-23-31-40.jpg (474x474, 85K)

Hell yeah! Agent Venom!

>He represents what we aren't! What we should be! He is not a human but he is the most human in the whole world! He carries the weight of the world by himself yet he is not slow down!
You see that shit? That's not just being a hero and making the world a better place. None of the avengers fill the previous statements yet they are all heroes but if Superman is none of that then he is not Superman.

>None of the avengers fill the previous statements
I'd argue that Cap kinda represents what we should all aspire to be as well.

In fact, it's really funny to me that people act like Superman is old and outdated or that a Superman movie couldn't work in modern times when MCU Cap in terms of personality, is mostly a great Superman.

It's also "funny" since Cap's character was birthed in WW2-era politics, wears the American flag, went around beating up actual Nazis, and explicitly espouses American ideals, yet no one ever acts like Captain America is an outdated superhero.

Make him a Millenial consumed by debt who's still living on his parents farm in his early 30's but somehow he always has money for tattoo's and hair care products.

>Fucking comfyfags posting the same fucking shit al the time. The shit you are posting doesn't work on normal people
It worked when Captain America did it, and Carol fails for not doing it.

Smile more. Unironically

He is right tho. There is currently a thread about this filled with tommy'autistic rage and bitterness for marvel heroes

You must be fucking retarded. What “greatest” stories? I sure as fuck hope you don’t think Death and Reign are good.

Didn't Superman say he has full Metallica discography once?

>Most people that watched endgame doesn't remember who red skull was

So what? I bet even less people remember Obadiah Stane. It doesn't mean people don't love Iron Man

top fucking kek!

kindly fuck off mate
gal is literal dogshit

It’s pretty good, does an expansion on it

>not remembering Jeff Bridges's based performance
Piss off.

It's funny that you think that.
This.

Attached: 1557255764124.jpg (600x338, 89K)

>there will not be much of the difference between "huge" and successful mouseverse and DCEU.
Just how fucking delusional are DCEUfags?

Anyone have that panel of Supes just chilling with some guy, and after he leaves, the guy just goes "He's really something else" or something of the sort? All I remember is Supes eating a burger/shawarma-esque food.