Uncle Ben doesn't exist in the MCU, and no, vague ass references that could be about anything don't count

>Uncle Ben doesn't exist in the MCU, and no, vague ass references that could be about anything don't count
And yet mouseketeers will aggressively defend this.

Attached: Screenshot_20190506-121526_YouTube.jpg (1280x720, 175K)

>better mention my dead relative every day or else he will have never existed

Spamming the same bullshit for (you)s is going to get old quick m8

Or maybe at least once

>this proof doesn't count

And OP is a retard.

It is possible to care about more than one person in the world.

I mourn my friend's death every day and honor him by fucking his widow. Clearly Pete needs to plow Aunt May

>He exists, because hes clearly implied to exist, but I'm going to keep saying he doesn't because we don't see him die onscreen, to justify continuing to be mad.

>hasn't mentioned him for four movies now
That's weird and you know it. I can get behing avoiding doing an origin story, but people talk about dead relatives all the time. Not even a "Hah Peter you eat spaghetti just like your uncle did."

There aren't that many appropriate times to bring it up, but I think in one of the one one one scenes between Peter and aunt May it might have made sense, May trying to make sure he's still doing okay since Ben's passing, Peter being a bit dodgy like he knows a bit more than he's telling, that sort of thing. Would be better than just hints like Peter saying "Everything she's been through" and Ben's initials on a suitcase.

>old enough to post on Yea Forums
>still needs to be spoonfed
Imagine going through life as OP.

Attached: image.jpg (1242x1495, 1.22M)

>sometimes bad things happen or something
100% proof Uncle Ben existed and his death still weighs heavily on Peter.

Please tell us more. Please.

>Uncle Ben
You mean like the rice guy?

Attached: 6a8d3bea3a0f89ad83b42904911427a1.jpg (634x988, 126K)

He probably did exist but as far as Peter is concerned he either never knew him or he didn't have the crucial impact that is usually the case for Spider-Man continuities. Doesn't even know a Great Power Great Responsibility type of thing. Instead it's all about Tony Stark and trying to make him proud/fill his shoes.

Who fucking cares? People were bitching about Miles' uncle dying and now you're bitching there is no uncle.

Nobody cares about Miles

Ben Parker's death is the cornerstone of the Spider-Man mythos. You don't have to have the death scene once again but you also don't have to pretend Uncle Ben was a malignant tumor.

Nobody will listen to you when you exaggerate so ridiculously.

What's the exaggeration?

Do you also want to see Bruce Wayne's parents die for the millionth fucking time

No, but I also don't want to see Batman act like he never had parents, and for his driving motivation for becoming Batman is to impress Green Arrow

But theres plenty of times when his parents are never mentioned at all, Justice League cartoon for one. They werent mentioned until Unlimited.

>Stupid enough to be a movie exec who insists they need to show Uncle Ben's death again in the reboot
>Poor
OP has nothing going for him.

Once again you don't have to show the fucking death. Just acknowledge his existence.

nah

>You're Uncle would be so proud of you
That's literally all we want, is that too much to ask?

>People were bitching about Miles' uncle dying
They were? In Spider-Verse at least, that scene was great.

>you also don't have to pretend Uncle Ben was a malignant tumor.
I mean, they don't? He's dead husband and uncle, and he died violently, it's probably a painful subject for the characters, and why they naturally would dance around the subject.

>That's literally all we want, is that too much to ask?
After Amazing Spiderman, yes. Seeing Uncle Ben die over chocolate milk or whatever means no one wants to talk about him on screen for a while. If you need shit like that, just watch the Batman movies! You get to see his parents die in most of them!

The quality of the scene is irrelevant, the point was that people didn't like that every spider-being across the multiverse had to have someone die like it's some universal constant and that makes the death of Ben seem rediculous and predestined which destroys its weight. Basically people will switch sides for any excuse to bitch about popular things on Yea Forums and you should learn to ignore a lot of it.

>Basically people will switch sides for any excuse to bitch about popular things on Yea Forums and you should learn to ignore a lot of it.
To be honest, I mostly do. Spider-Verse is the best cape movie in years, and that seems like a silly thing to complain about.

>He's dead husband and uncle, and he died violently,
>Uncle Ben was gang raped by Chitauri while May and Peter had to watch helplessly.
Yeah, probably not a memory they want to dwell on.

Uncle Ben's stated regret over not living to see the day of the rope felt tonally dissonant. I understand the desire to give a shout out to Raimi, but that was a bit much.

I've honestly gotten tired of constantly having to retread Spider-Man's origin story in the process of giving him films, but holy shit does the MCU Peter not feel like Peter Parker at all.

I don't need him to bring up Uncle Ben, but half the fucking shit he does comes off like Uncle Ben never existed.

He exists. They just dodge talking about it. Tony being pushed is more of the issue.

? He constantly does stuff because he feels responsible. He was concerned about Toomes' operation because it's clearly affecting the neighbourhood. He didn't have to chase after Toomes when he got dropped off at the drop but he did. The only one where he didn't feel responsible was in Civil War when he was recruited in a fight he has no place in.

I think you kind of highlighted the issue. It's not a matter of him feeling responsible or not, but rather the way in which the responsibility he feels is shown.

It feels like good honest altruism, which is heroic, but not really comparable to the genuinely self sacrificing selflessness born of a moment of selfishness that is Peter Parker. So he is heroic and kind, but it's not as deeply rooted and almost compulsory.

His involvement in Civil War is an example of that major change. Another is him digging himself out after crying out for help.

>movie still a smashing success
Sounds like OP doesn't know what it takes to make a good movie. Not defending the mouse, just pointing out how retarded OP is

OP being a retard isn't really in question.

Feels like they could have just had a pic of Ben hanging on the wall and have the camera cut to it for a second during one of Peter's dialogues where he mentions why he feels like he needs to take responsibility. Pretty much everyone knows who Ben is outside of young kids, so just having a portrait be zoomed in on in a scene would be more than enough. No need to shoot an entire flashback, or a bunch of rapid fire clips depicting Ben's death. Hell, it could even just be Peter looking at the picture while organizing stuff and maybe muttering "Miss you" before setting it back wherever he keeps it standing.

>Cast Uncle Ben just for a picture that shows up for 2 seconds
Sounds like a waste. If they ever want to use him directly, he'll probably get a flashback scene or something. But it's a lot easier to just assume a vague modernized version of his origin happened. It's not like they'll being up the "Uncle Ben's killer" stuff either, since that was ruined by all the stupid shit in Spider-man 3. No reason to show the spider bite unless they want to tie it to something or someone else, and no need to lock in those details until they're part of a specific movie.

No specifics of Peter's origin need to be told, because even kids who didn't see the Raimi stuff know it. Spiderman is the only Marvel hero who has constantly had cartoons for the past decade.

>Uncle Ben doesn't exist in the MCU
He does, he just has a different name

Attached: f58c00725c2b71885d411cfc8331a9d2.jpg (480x700, 63K)

>Sounds like a waste
Only if it were some big name actor who people always expect to see get tons of screentime. Point is, a picture would be adequate enough without having to subject audiences to the death flashback yet again when nearly every human on the planet knows what happened.

Can't wait for RDJ to become an on/off character in the form of a snarky hologram/AI that has part of his memories and all of his personality and just be an obnoxious punchline for the next decade of films.

Or they could just use a picture of Tom Holland's dad or something

Why do you need the same origin story repackaged and sold to you for a third time?

Because OP is a fucking retard living in a first world with first world problems

Because some people really liked Amazing Spiderman, I guess.

The concern that Ben seemingly doesn't exist in any way is reasonable, but for sure, it doesn't require yet another origin flashback scene. As noted above, a picture or some lines would be more than enough to get across that Peter has endured his usual losses.

Attached: uncle ben ruined.jpg (320x291, 24K)

Just not any context clues OP arbitrarily decides to ignore, right?

>Some fans have wondered if the Homecoming version of Peter Parker ever had an Uncle Ben, the influential father figure we’ve seen die in both previous Spider-Man film franchises. Wonder no more: There definitely was an Uncle Ben. The line in Homecoming about Aunt May and “all that she’s gone through” is a subtle reference to her late husband.

>Goldstein and Daley toyed with including a more overt Ben moment. “We did talk about there being a scene where [May] references him directly,” Daley says. “It was when [Peter] was getting ready for homecoming and the wardrobe she was giving Peter was all Uncle Ben’s clothes. It was a nice moment, but we also knew that it veered away from his arc. If you’re going to talk about someone’s death, you don’t want it to be a throwaway.”

But yeah, sure, act like the writers are just trying to disrespect Uncle Ben.

Then we don't need to see Peter crying like a bitch to Happy over Tony's death. Everybody already knows Iron Man dies in Endgame.

But Ben's death is always an accident, Peter's accident for being a cunt over some money.

This is why fanboys like OP are hated by everyone. They can't think for two seconds about how stories are written they just want REFERENCE TO THING. Doesn't matter if it works in the moment or disrupts the flow, they just want clap when May says "Ben".

>But Ben's death is always an accident
Ditko would have a very stern talk with you.

Man, you're going to be seething about this for years, aren't you?

It's not like his death was conspired by anyone.

Mysterio is Peter Parker from the universe in which Thanos never performed the Snap and Peter was never given Spider powers.

Robert Downy makes a guest appearance when Peter manages to cross over for a moment and has an emotional scene, Peter's motivation is to never allow people he cares about to die again, Myserio's goal is to eradicate Peter's time line because big bads getting set up, surprise.

Enjoy the movie.

It's almost as if cunts will always misrepresent reality to win an argument if they think they can get away with it.

Well the argument isn't entirely wrong, the retcon in Spider-Man 3 was unnecessary crap to force Peter to become spiteful towards Sandman when they could have just had him learn "Marko worked with Ben's unnamed killer" and he feels obligated to stop him for closure but the suit plays up his lingering resentment. Taking the blame off the guy from the first movie was undeniably a stupid thing, just like the butler who conveniently didn't tell his fucking master about the wounds his father suffered.

What if Sandman and the butler were figments of their respective imaginations?

>Pete grows up to be jake gyllenhaal one day
Damn. Bitches really will love Spider-Man

Speaking of which, anyone bothered by the lack of Aunt May in the trailer?

Attached: Tomei-header.jpg (640x360, 32K)

According to the novelization, the butler was apparently a figment of Harry's mind. But the movie never implied such, and even then having a figment just up and say that without maybe some flashback of Harry seeing the wounds on Norman is just shoddy writing all the same.

Seriously, if we ever deal with another Spider-man reboot, she's gonna be old enough to be Peter's sister if they keep scaling back her fucking age.

>Richard and Mary Parker doesn't exist in the MCU, and no, vague ass references that could be about anything don't count

>Peter calls him Uncle Ben
>Aunt May calls him "Daddy" Ben

wasnt there a line where Peter and May were talking and they said "something happened before" and it was referring to uncle ben. I recall something like that in either home coming or in civil war. Oh it was when Peter meets Tony in his room and says he cant worry aunt may because of something that happened.

look at his feet! no wonder girls like him his feet are huuuge

Attached: Came a river.jpg (400x294, 40K)

Peter grows to be mysterio? fucking no way. If anything the Multiverse is an excuse for mysterio to make special affects and Peter wants mysterio to the next iron man only to disappoint.
But a multiverse happens and it brings in the fantastic 4 and Xmen.

I assume he does exist but it has nothing to do with Spider-Man.

Attached: (You).png (1751x1300, 1.52M)

They all but say "Aunt May's dealing with his death". It might not be a huge reminder, but it's there. Certainly a bold move to have Ben's death be so subtly referenced, but that's apparently what they're rolling with. As some people have said, they might show us the death later on once they think of a relevant moment for Peter to call forth that tragic memory.

I kind of doubt Peter was even involved in MCU Ben's death.

Samefag

But it's literally the thing that defines Spider-man's existence. It's one thing if Tony helped Peter learn more focus and how he can be a hero with or without a fancy costume, Ben's still the one who instilled the moral of using his powers for the greater good. To not have that would be like having Bruce Wayne become Batman without losing his parents and just feeling like it because he wants to help Gotham.

We’ve already seen uncle Ben for 2 times, there really isn’t any need to show it a third time

Have you seen the new trailer? It's very clear he learns his " with great power comes great responsibility" in this movie. He avoids nick fury's call, he wants to just be a teenager on vacation, he even leaves his tony suit at home. Whether he learns it here, or mutters it while remembering uncle ben is another matter. I wouldn't be surprised if either Happy or MJ dies for him to learn this lesson. Ned might, but it seems like they want him to be spider-man's goofy side kick.

>everyone agrees I'm a retard
>this must a conspiracy
Kek

Not in this case. He seems to lack that moral sensibility.

I too have watched Killing of a Sacred Deer

Not really, he just lacks competence and focus, which isn't the same thing.

She was in the first trailer, so we'll see her for a little bit before the movie leaves America.

Maybe not, but having some pics of him hanging on the walls and some mentions of his name wouldn't hurt.

Can they get him some lips?

Man, what if Uncle Ben was a pimp or something and Peter has many "Aunts"?

Because of retards like you i am sure Marvel Studios will make a one shot or something.

But he mentioned him in CW, just not by name.

It's what he would've wanted. Unless you killed him. Then it probably isn't.

>no, vague ass references that could be about anything don't count
They do, and you clearly understand they aren't about "anything" since you mention them.

sexy

Again? Really?

What if Nu-Marvel is all SJWish and Aunt May = Post-Op Uncle Ben?

Attached: marisa-tomei-wallpapers-27082-3203286.jpg (2560x1600, 941K)

Peter's guilt over Ben's death is the driving force behind his heroism. It's one of the defining characteristics of the character. Another reason why MCU Peter sucks dick.