Can we all agree that feminism is choking not just Star Wars but comics in general?

Can we all agree that feminism is choking not just Star Wars but comics in general?

Attached: 1556253068253.jpg (945x2048, 307K)

>let's have the exact same thread again

You don't actually spend time looking for random loser nobodies on Twitter just to get mad, right Yea Forums?

>Hey franchise that's been successful for the past fifty years if you want to get more women into your product you need to not do this
>But we already have loads of women in our franchise?
>O-okay but don't do this!

Let's hope loli hitler doesn't show up again.

Can we agree that this is a total non-issue that both sides have now hijacked in order to yet again turn comics in to the latest battleground for their fucking asinine culture wars?

>Man eagerly eats shit as long as it triggers people

the only thing wrong about her comment is she said "women" rather than adult humans in general

>But we already have loads of women in our franchise
Rey
Leia
Padme

Who gives a fuck what some random with a Sansa Stark avatar of all things thinks about a SW comic she wouldnt have read anyways?

>a woman criticizes a shitty comic

Why are feminists RUINING comics!?

>Star Wars
Never produced anything good
>Comics
The superhero capeshit genre has overstayed its welcome. Not a huge loss for comics.

Even though you're displaying your full brainlet status, let me enlighten you for a second: feminism ruining Star Wars or comics in general is so absolutely minute that in the grand scheme of the world, no one would fucking notice or care. Feminism has ruined far more greater and important things than comics. Further more, feminism is just one small piece of the puzzle you're trying to put together, but I'll give you the other: Entertainment has become stagnated due to individuals chasing profit instead of recognition. It's easy to tell the same Star Wars story again and again. It's easy to tell the same Superman, Avengers, etc, story over and over, because safe sales and sales is all the care about. So that is what you are currently seeing. We haven't had a great literacy jump or new and prolific story telling techniques in the age of comics since the 80's. And after the 80's and 90's passed, we regressed, and not in a good way. As the image states... "Don't question, just consume, move on to the next product".

It's unbelievable to me that Hayden turned into Uncle Festor

Jenny Nicholson had the best take for this, mainly like why should I care that Vader killed this unnamed women?

No. I'm not an incel, and not full of paranoid delusions of equal rights for women ruining anything.

What did you dislike about the comic user?

That it killed a woman that reminds me of myself

Please understand that Star Wars has been trying to court a larger female audience. The twitter post even mentions this. The mainstream, heavily marketed publishers we always knew were panderers are doing what they've been doing. We wouldn't be having this thread if these companies didn't aim to get everyone's money and they wouldn't be them if they didn't. Read better comics. Support better publishers. That's always been the solution to this very old problem.

>>But we already have loads of women in our franchise?
Ah, yes, those beloved female characters male SW fans have been so eager to adopt and accept.

I can't criticize you for being so boldly honest on Yea Forums. That is disarmingly forthright of you.

Assuming you're not being facetious anyway. I don't want to assume either way though. Were you being facetious?

Star Wars has always been crap.

Oh, you know. The writing, the art, the propping up of the corpse of a forty year old media franchise for retards.

>Killing a literal who in a comic will alienate women
How?

Zero sympathy for anyone.
The comic doesn't want me to sympathize with nor can I sympathize with Vader senselessly killing her.

I hate how hard it is to discuss Star Wars anywhere now without some idiot who barely even cares about it jumping in and screaming about whatever political issue they see in the franchise

I'm interested in hearing more about your opinion. Feel free to continue. Really, I'm being as serious as a heart attack right now.

>women should be killed and treated like garbage

The writing is fine, though. You mean the premise?

What do you like about the comic user?

>Loli Hitler
Elaborate

Attached: IMG_20190425_180726_01.jpg (500x285, 26K)

>when you're so contrarian you join sides with the snowflake progressives who have never learned to cope with adulthood

The writing is not fine, this is basically just a shaggy dog story.

>The comic doesn't want me to sympathize with nor can I sympathize with Vader senselessly killing her.
Well, he's Vader. Full on New hope/Empire vader. Not the hayden christensen ROTS vader. Not return of the jedi redemption as he dies vader.
Full on, "I will choke an officer for calling my religion antiquated" vader. He's not a sympathetic character. He's not a nice guy. He's an awful tyrant and he acted accordingly.

The simplicity of its premise doesn't exactly translate to bad writing. In fact, it benefits its build up.

I think that's kinda what he's getting at? I don't agree that it's a worthless for it but it is basically just a 'Vader is a nasty person' story with very little point to it beyond that.

B-but companies should cater to me, specifically!

well, I didn't say I liked it. But honestly?
I couldn't help but enjoy the dichotomy of (some) fan impressions of how they saw vader, vs how vader is in canon. How people sometimes make idealizations of people without meeting them often find themselves at odds with the reality.

It's a short story that ends with a simple moral of, "Don't meet your heroes."

Yeah, pretty much.

We had a thread for a few hours that died a few minutes ago that started out on topic and someone said, "Yeah but you don't see men lusting after genocidal tyrants."
And an user posted loli hitler. And then the thread turned to shit.

>Jyn
>Ahsoka
>GoT bitch in Solo
>L337
>Asaaj
>Sabine
And if you want to include side characters/other platforms
>Barris
>Luminara
>Holdo
>Battlefield 2 protag
>Black imperial chick from the comics

Attached: 1553804058527.jpg (312x246, 79K)

It's weird how that has been the song and dance of geek culture on both sides. The left of course is going to have its complaints as these industries were dominated by straight white males as that was their creators and audience. Commentary on this is seen as an attack and "leftist" content is seen as invasion, as if the medium could never be big enough for all sorts.

>One crazy stalker woman being killed means ALL women should be killed and treated like garbage
Wew