Reminder: Marvel wants you to hate their comics

Because they know your outrage fuels your buying habits. Stay mad, keep getting played, it's what keeps those mousebux flowing.

Attached: tom-brevoort.jpg (625x295, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hellyeahteensuperheroes.tumblr.com/post/165255846138/so-i-was-planning-to-compare-sales-numbers-and
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is t this nearly 10 years old now?

Yes

I primarily just buy trade paperbacks and omnis of stuff from the '60s - early '90s, though.

But I pirate all my comics.

Still rings true. Savage Avengers was an amazing book, zero threads, zero talkbacks. The X-Men have some kind of LGBT message? 5 threads a day

But I buy comics that I enjoy reading.

You do know you don't have to buy comics that upset you, right user?

Well, I hate their comics and don't buy them. Checkmate, atheist.

>You do know you don't have to buy comics that upset you, right user?
I don't. You don't. Enough people have that Marvel came up with an entire economic strategy around it.

It’s almost as if Yea Forums embraces outrage culture more than anyone else

Attached: yes.jpg (528x359, 21K)

>buying comics

Oh no, twenty jpgs, however will I be able to download that? By the time I do it will be next month already.

Attached: lil.jpg (1211x1203, 441K)

Someone post the image that had OP's screencap and all the Secret Empire reactions.

Nobody here buys comics

That just proves a lot of Yea Forums is retarded.

If that's such a financially winning strategy, why are comics sales so pitiful? It's almost like getting people riled up by printing shit gets you temporary spikes in sales, but ultimately harms your long-term profitability, as old fans get fed up, and no new fans are enticed to start.

I feel like it could be said the same for DC.

Clearly OP came from before 2015 to share his discovery of an old screencap, so here's a screencap about how that ended up biting them in the ass in the longrun.

Attached: 1500926772647.jpg (3340x4448, 2.03M)

I stopped buying all floppies from Marvel and DC right around when Marvel and DC decided to do their soft reboots. The only one I still buy floppies of is Gold Digger. I might get a TPB if I become interested in a story, but I'm done with pulls. Tired of their shit and it costs too much in the end.

So does current DC. Only way I can rationalize their retarded decisions of late.

>Brevoort demands Marvel writers to write stories about Doctor Doom becoming omnipotent every year to make the fans angry with a repetitive and lazy story
>he didn't consider how dumb Marvel fans can be and that they would ended uo believing that the annual story of Doom becoming omnipotent is the biggest achievment of literature.
Sometimes life bites you in the ass.

Nobody bought savage avengers because the idea was retarded. OP messgae is also retarded because outrage marketing only works until your audience becomes jaded.

I bought full set of first Kamala's solo, and I'm from Russia. I just like her books, dunno about any outrage as selling factor.

When DC tried their New52 thing, I guess resetting the universes and trying for a sort of resh start for their various superheroes I gave a few of them a shot. Even tried that fat superhero Faith's comics.

Had tons of annoying stuff and just felt unfun. Had never been into any of the comics before and never tried again with them.

What this strategy does probably works well for the small audience they have to keep them involved but it doesn't do anything to grow their audience. I ended up visiting a comic book shop for the first time ever during that period and saw it was mostly the kind of book/magazine things being stocked on most of their shelves like you could get off of Amazon. So even the idea of getting individual issues seemed passe I guess.

Then I could turn around and look at all sorts of manga that come out and see they had all these imaginative stories that could also just feel comfy, it's weird Marvel and DC can't achieve that kind of fun.

What kind of an idiot actually buys comics?

Is there anything more cringe than when people post 'I think I might quit twitter' on twitter?

It's been working for the WWE for over a decade now

I do support books I like and want to continue, except those which are almost guaranteed like ASM or Batman. Fuck comic stores though, I subscribe digitally

>Tom Brevoort is a fucking idiot
Yes we know

You, obviously

outrage marketing doesnt work at least in the video game industry. it only results in low sales. all woke games and the devs who declared "if you dont like it then dont buy it" have failed.

>Was a massive Spideyfag as a kid, watched all the cartoons, bought the floppies for Spidey, X-Men, and even Avengers on occasion, and some Daredevil, collected half of M2 Spider-Girls run
>Hate what they have done to pretty much everyone and the forced politics in everything
>Haven't picked up a Marvel comic in around six years
>Less than a handfull of trades I *have* bought are older runs, like X-23 and Alias
A winning strategy to be sure. Not that current DC is any better. All I read these days is post-crisis stuff and none-big-two trades. I've been more or less forced into being movie/tv-show only by the state of the medium. Thankfully at this point there are enough tv-shows and movies at any given time that I'm content with it.

God I miss the M2 setting. I really liked the idea of it being the official future/Batman Beyond of the Marvel setting.

Attached: AmericanDream.jpg (300x450, 24K)

I did too, I stopped halfway in her second run & I'm interested what she does in space.

>using Yea Forums for statistics

Threads that gets the one hundred posters are the rarest thing in this board nowadays.
Most of Yea Forums is underage shitposting.

>Marvel wants you to hate their comics.
The new staff does, they think it makes sells, and in the end Marvel Comics division is coming to an end and the soul focus will now be the movies.

So long Marvel, Stan Lee died, his daughter sold fucking everything, and now they are stopping it cause its not making money like the movies.

My favorite part of this were the jackasses who either got the FCD issue or bought the comic just to burn it out protest for Cap being a Nazi. Amazingly none of them had any sense of self awareness in their actions.

Damn. Twitter is full of retards

I really hoped someone saved that.

2016-2017 was such a crazy two years for Marvel. They were trying to do the same outrage tactic they did with Superior Spider-Man and Avengers Disassembled, but this was a massive backfire on them, because the movie people who don't read comics were endlessly complaining about it on social media, and the people that actually read comics thought Secret Empire was a dud, even if they liked the buildup. In the end nobody was satisfied.

Is that any surprise?
Plus, guess where most Marvel "writers" spend most of their day, every day at.

>acting like Marvel writers are the only ones using twitter

Kys, cuck.

This is a marvel thread, why would I not point out Marvel?
Keep seething.

>People who don't read comics are outraged because they think Captain America joining Hydra is a permanent change
>People who do read comics and are right-wing hate Hydra Cap because it was two years of stories telling them they're all evil Nazis
>People who are left-wing, or hold no strong political views don't like Hydra Cap either because the comics were bad, and was obviously re-written to change the ending.

Was Secret Empire the most poorly received event story in Marvel history? Was making everybody angry the plan?

I'd think so, because it makes OP's screencap funnier in retrospect.

>People who are left-wing, or hold no strong political views don't like Hydra Cap either because the comics were bad, and was obviously re-written to change the ending.

I'd also add, there's also people who are left-wing and do read comics also feel like it's not the sort of story they need in Current Year. But most readers really did think Secret Empire was bad. Having Punisher join Hydra made no sense, not just Captain America.

>Having Punisher join Hydra made no sense, not just Captain America.

Before the re-writes, it looked like the plan was for Secret Empire to kill Steve Rogers or leave him as a villain, and cement Falcon as Captain America for the immediate future. But the treatment of Punisher, Thor, Scarlet Witch and Vision in the event made it look like Marvel's writers and editorial just hate them.

But comic piracy is incredibly easy, If I want to read something out of hatred why would I give them my money.

Look at the Marvel books that are selling above 30-40k and most of them are books that are giving readers what they want. Making the readers angry gets attention, but if that attention ever translated into sales, it doesn't anymore.

RECORD
LOW
RATINGS

well they failed miserably because I just don't care anymore, it's too tiring to keep getting angry. If it wasn't for Immortal Hulk I'd probably quit comics altogether

and it is still the standard company policy

When people say "I'm done with Yea Forums" on Yea Forums.

I cant wait for the next Doomvent. Instead of "everybody becomes X hero", "Doom becomes X hero" is a much better idea.

>They failed
>I don't care
>too tired to get angry
>I still buy their comics

Yup, sounds about right.

I mean the fact that the bi-weekly/monthly storytime threads get by far the most traffic and coverage out of anything here kinda shows that people here are gluttons for punishment in spite of how much they talk about how they don't care about capeshit anymore.

*King and Bendis storytime threads, sorry

new 52 was a great jumping on point, regardless of what fans before flashpoint say.

I remember there was a dr strange storytime that stuck around for a some time around endgame release, was it bad or something?

As far as I've heard the current Doctor Strange run is one of the better ones he's had in awhile, it's just that half the people here aren't willing to admit it because Waid's the one writing it.

I just don't get why they don't hype the fuck out of the fact that we have a WWE Hall of Famer as the actual President of the Unite States.

>s-stop critcizing comics, t-that's what they want you to do!
What's with this meme?

Nope, there was rare discussion in it about the marvel cosmic hierarchy and the issue as a whole. Run has been great, overall

I think pretty much every Strangefag likes it. Waid is crazy but he can write well

No, I'm telling you to stop buying comics

They have a point. It's better to be loved than hated, but it's better to be hated than ignored.

You sound like my ex

Unironic backlash guaranteed

At least it was received, nobody gave a shit about Civil War 2

>I still buy their comics
I haven't brought a comic in close to five years, I just read Hulk here, it's the only way I can get revenge

Ah yes a thread made by someone who only pays attention to out of context panels and shit events, then assumes the rest (or even most) of the line is exactly like that. Meanwhile you ask them about the good runs right now and, to save face, they just say "they're all shit!" while showing how much of a casual they are.
This is also true though , It's just that again, it's the events and the outrage threads the ones that get more attention and not the long term discussion on these good books.

One of the other threads here just had a guy admit he came from Yea Forums when the spider-man game came out and only comes on Yea Forums to shitpost

Homie, I posted about a book that I loved that came out last week.

It's not just comics, I'm just trying to be the canary in the mines. From Gillette telling men to stop being toxic, to Nike and the Kaepernickir campaign. You have companies who want you to hate them, knowing that it'll make you buy more

God I hate zoomers, God I hate the 2010s.

Attached: aff329a11fc83dad6db83843f90f8a08.jpg (512x384, 24K)

Your first mistake was in assuming Brevoort is actually that much respected within Marvel, because after Secret Empire in particular (of which he personally took it upon himself to promote, speaking sometimes above Alanna Smith (editor) and Nick Spencer (writer)) and try and sell the idea, to the mainstream, that the changes made to Captain America were irreversible and/or indisputable, even though everyone could fucking tell it was Cosmic Cube shenanigans.
Meanwhile, he's so out of touch that when prompted about Eternals right during the discussion of the upcoming MCU project, he replied with "nobody cares about the Eternals" while allowing Aaron to just kill them all off-panel, and allowed Cates (or even seeded him ideas) to basically steal beat by beat Starlin's latest OGNs so he could write his shit "Thanos Wins" arc. And there's also that thing about Namorita which Slott promptly ignored when he took over he F4.

hellyeahteensuperheroes.tumblr.com/post/165255846138/so-i-was-planning-to-compare-sales-numbers-and
seeing the actual numbers only makes it better
Not as many as had legitimately bought good events instead

The only people who call others casuals are always marvelcucks, who only consume the most babby-tier entry level shit around.

And it gets you mad anyway because it shows you still don't read the things you complain about, making your whining baseless.
You don't have to read any of that by the way, no one is obliged to keep up with Marvel. But don't get mad if you get called out for ignoring basic shit and using years old panels out of context.

but I feel like that's how it's always been. Superman dying and coming back. Constant reboots. Outrage keeps the money flowing.

Nah I'm a Vertigofag and 99% of the board are fucking casuals thinking incessant whining makes them cool

Why would anyone read nuMarvel comics in the Year of our Lord 2019? You already know exactly it's just going to be a cringey SJW shitfest. It's so predictable that I can't even bring myself to get mad about it anymore.

>Comic fans are battered spouses
Next, you’re going to tell me the sky is blue.

Oh, you're that guy

I dunno, I'm just waiting to see how they handle Venom in Savage Avengers since Venom proper has become such a shit show that is for people who hate Venom.
Why don't you make a thread for Savage Avengers, user?

>that guy who is 95% of Yea Forums

2014 ms marvel, have fun

But Yea Forums will make OUTRAGE threads every single time. This place is filled with shills and useful idiots

>Why would anyone read nuMarvel comics in the Year of our Lord 2019?
>"why would anyone read the things they're complaining about?"
If you don't care about it, why are you bothering then? For instance, I could admit I only read GOTG by Cates to roast it, full guilty. But at least that makes more sense than lurking Marvel threads just to announce I hate Marvel... It begs the question as to why the fuck you're coming back for it.
And you overestimate Yea Forums's retardation.
>Why don't you make a thread for Savage Avengers, user?
Not him but I actually did see another Savage Avengers thread a couple days ago, and I would know since I was the one who storytimed the first issue

Because agent orange is a bigger carnie than vince

I did on Saturday. I called it a love letter to Robert E. Howard and it died with 0 replies. That's my own fault, tho

Nah, not even Yea Forums is that irrational, most of us at least

>storytimed
Dang it! Stupid finals and Free Comic Book Day. Ah well, I hear that Venom won't be in it much until issue 3 or something. So far they've just had a panel from what I've seen.
I'm glad y'all like it so far though, hopefully that means that the writer's good and the story will be fun.

Here's the link for the discussion: And yeah, Duggan is pretty good with team books like this, it was the same in Uncanny and the first part of All-New GOTG.

I haven't bought any mainline Marvel comics for years though

I haven't been able to read one of the current marvel runs and go beyond indifference. Not everything is a cringe sjw-fest, but many are and nothing is great.

I only buy things I like though, like Meet the Skrulls and Immortal Hulk.

I only buy indie comics because im not retarded

>Meanwhile, he's so out of touch that when prompted about Eternals right during the discussion of the upcoming MCU project, he replied with "nobody cares about the Eternals" while allowing Aaron to just kill them all off-panel,

When did this happen? That's funny in light of the MCU announcement.