This new episode of American Dad is really strange, like they wanted to do their own version of the Twilight Zone

This new episode of American Dad is really strange, like they wanted to do their own version of the Twilight Zone

Attached: american dad.jpg (2560x1920, 309K)

Yeah that's nice OP

How much wonder bread do you think Francine eats in a day let's discuss the really important questions

Did Steve go bananas again?

You’re the world’s most perfect fool

I liked it. Is it based on an actual Twilight Zone episode?

Was I the only one that watched it just now? Getting lost in TV world is pretty twilight zone 2bh.

I think so, I remember the one where the guy woke up in his actor’s world

Not sure, if it is then it's probably not based on the original series but maybe the 1980s series?

All I know is that I like that weird jazz tune.

>they had to add a disclaimer that "Reagan" wasn't Ronald Reagan since he was the president of the Film Actor's Guild at the time

lel

DEFORESTATION

Attached: francine-smith-american-dad-9.3.jpg (210x240, 20K)

I watched it. It felt like it could've been a good Halloween episode.

Continue

Would she actually be into it, she’s sort of weird. I know she’s into salt.

Fuck off murrlogic.

Things are getting too spicy for the pepper

Hell yes because her husband hates hippies and she despised her shit head Communist worshipping daughter so it makes sense

It was pretty neat. I dig the weird style it's been doing.

I thought at first that it was going for a Candle Cove parody. Either way I love it when shows like this do weird horror episodes.

What's the deal with Tuddle?

Probably just someone on the writing staff likes him, either that or his VA is cheaper to use than some of the other guest characters.

What happens in it? I can't find a synopsis anywhere.

Stan gets an old 1960s era television. Everyone else is focusing on Roger, who is pretending to be a baby, and ignores Stan's television thing. The TV doesn't work since it's old, but then late at night in the basement where Stan is sleeping because that's what cool guys like Stan do the TV tunes into an old early-1960s show about a cool guy named Alastair Covaz and the party he's hosting called Nighthawks Retreat or something. Stan goes to the TV people who control TV to inquire about the show and is informed the show doesn't exist and only crazy people talk about it, but Stan assures them he isn't crazy and favors dropping crazy people into the ocean from helicopters. Tuddle is also involved in this. Anyway Stan watches the show obsessively until he gets the idea to go into the show itself, putting him into the party. It turns out this is a bad idea.

Stan picks up an old huge CRT TV from the street, takes it into the basement because his family doesn't care about it. A mysterious TV comes on over the air. It's set in the 60s, black-and-white, smooth-talking talk show host with Jazz and high class drinking. Stan can't find any record of the show, but in his pursuit he finds other people who have seen the show but only Tuddle is left. Show only has one episode it replays over and over with little changes each time. And then Tuddle appears in the show. Stan follows, steps into the static and is in the show universe. Can't escape. Has to attend this Jazz party rerun talk show forever. People who disrupt the show get eaten by the host. He tries to escape, but it turns out he was still in the show. He tries to escape again and does but not really. American Dad is a show within a show playing in Stan's post-rapture version of heaven now and forever.

What and said. It's basically an outright horror episode.

Great episode.

That was neat. I liked the vibe. I feel like the concept and tone it worked up had more potential, but it's not like I expected an A-class horror story from American Dad.

Why does this show now have Rick and Morty-esque pre-opening scenes? It feels really jarring.

I'm liking this season of American Dad so far.

Rick and Morty didn't invent cold opens.

>makes a better star trek than nu star trek
>makes a better twilight zone epsiode than nutwilight zone
bravo seth

So is this all canon now, or is it just a Billy and Mandy "Every episode is it's own universe" thing.

It's as canon as you want it to be. Just like the rapture thing.

Seth has nothing to do with this besides the voice acting.

[citation needed]

Neat episode

That was way funnier than it should have been.

This week's episode was pretty boring. Didn't care for it,