Ultron doesn’t go crazy in AoU, but instead becomes everything Tony hoped for...

Ultron doesn’t go crazy in AoU, but instead becomes everything Tony hoped for. Would he have been enough to fend off Thanos?

Attached: 94257270-C79C-487F-9E38-E50AA8BC53E2.jpg (1398x814, 727K)

Do sentient/sapient robots count as life? Would he be eligible for the snapping?

Ultron doesn't go crazy, the mind stone isn't stuck in Vision's head (because Vision doesn't exist) so no worries about Vision dying and they can just shatter the stone.

BUT

Who knows whether Wanda becomes an Avenger and is around to shatter the stone.

>1970
>Hank Pym's lab
>no comic accurate Ultron head on a table

>Ultron as a good robot son
>knows the stones, as he's based on tech derived from the space stone
>sacrifices himself to become an eternal mechanism that protects the infinity stones whilst the avengers battle Thanos

I'm wondering how Ego and Thanos' respective plans would have affected one another had the GOTG not stopped the former.

You could kind of make that work given HYDRA was responsible for some of the robotics work Ultron took advantage of to make his bodies. It could have been building on stuff Hank Pym worked on at SHIELD that they stole. But that would be too much for audiences to put together for a split-second Easter Egg, when Tony’s the main creator of Ultron in the MCU.

If Thanos' concern was the deprivation of resources, then probably not. Robots don't need to eat or drink or breathe or anything.

He'd snap Ultron in two.
The Mad Titan has broken planets over his knee before he even got ONE infinity stone.

The Guardians were only able to stop Ego because they were so close to his core. Thanos would not really have the means to stop the expansion, but chances are he also wouldn’t be a planet when it happened. Thanos’s information gathering network seems really good, so I want to say he wouldn't be completely blindsided by it either. Kind of makes me wish he’d made his presence semi-known by sending agents to fend off universal threats to his plan, like he did with the first appearance of Gamora in the comics.

Let's make that Ego's, Thanos' and Hela's

Let's hope the what if series covers it.

What about Killmonger?

If surter didnt destroy asgard, and if Thanos didnt know Hela was powered by asgard, AND if thanos didnt fall instantly in love with Hela...becoming a loyal general of her murderous army...she could take him. Easy.

But Vision was the one that figured out Wanda could shatter the stone. Because he was connected to it enough to begin to understand it. Your plan relies on out-of-universe knowledge of in-universe information.

Couldn’t do shit. Remember how Thanos grabbed BP out of the air and smacked him to the ground? That’s how it would go with Killmonger.

You can’t underestimate what Thanos knows. You know how he didn’t know who SW is? Pretty sure that’s only because she was nobody significant in 2014, before AoU. He knew about Tony, he knew about the Khamar Taj wizards, who were supposed to be secret, he knew when Gamora betrayed Ronan before Ronan did. Thanos’ spy network must be excellent. It would probably be possible for someone like him to uncover Asgard’s bloody history and how Odin sealed it away, despite the cover-up.

Where'd he know about the khajmar taj?

Thanos and his pirate crew destroyed the Nova Corps, an organization with tech superior to what Tony have.

Killmonger is irrelevant. If he was running Wakanda, the Wakandans would had been overrun with Thanos's forces. But unlike T'challa, he doesn't have the Avengers, especially not Thor coming to save his ass.

Killmonger would have made things easier for Thanos because the Avengers couldn't use Wakanda as support and they'd have to stay in the US.

Assuming Killmonger grows a brain and teams up with them anyways because the world is fucked otherwise, they might have done better against the outriders because Wakanda would have a better and more violent army to take them out.

But really it doesn't matter. Once Thanos gets all the stones in space he warps to whereever Vision is, be it New York or Wakanda and rips the stone out of his head. And Killmonger would have just about as well against Thanos as Tchalla did. Get downed in one hit.

Not directly said, but when Maw and Dwarf came to Earth for the Time Gem, they touched down near the Sanctum Sanctorum. Maw called Strange stonebearer even before Strange opened the Eye.

That's implied to be because he can locate all the stones once he possess at least one (except the soul stone which is only activated if it gets a sacrifice). Hence why he immediately seems to know exactly where they all are even when one is in the middle of space and the other is in a hidden country on Earth.

>Ultron doesn’t go crazy in AoU, but instead becomes everything Tony hoped for. Would he have been enough to fend off Thanos?

WHAT IF...

The best he could have done is united the rest of the world for war against himself before Thanos arrived, but the Avengers and Wakanda would probably be wrecked after a year or two of conflict. He'd go from being the attacking force with superior technology to the defending force with okay tech when Thanos came calling, and it would end quickly.

He's Killmonger not "Hold a fortified position indefinitely-monger".

Attached: erik-killmonger.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

And Carol still whipped his purple white boi ass ;-)

No, Thanos already would have had the Power, Space, Soul and Reality stones
He turns every Ultron into cookies and shatters them instantly
That's the thing: Thanos gets the stones, he's really fucking strong and unbeatable but sort of leisurely with kicking heroes' asses.
Thanos DOESNT get the stones? He goes down personally and destroys Ultron like he destroyed Cap's shield

Get killed fucking instantly?
Thanos doesn't give a fuck about Vibranium (breaks Cap's shield with his sword, fucking catches BP midair and de-shockwaves him)
Killmonger is cool and all but he'd fucking die in a heartbeat like all the other heroes

Ego's plan was only able to work because Quill could channel energy, which none of his previous offspring could

Cap's new shield was made by Tony, it wasn't vibranium.

Troll harder

Its was the original shield that Tony took from Steve at the end of Captain America: Civil War.

Attached: Celestial insult.jpg (1226x459, 65K)

I think they specifically said that thanos erased 50% of ORGANIC life so, robots were spared.

However, cyborgs didn't. I think the moment the gauntlet recognizes your ass as organic, you go dusty.
I think even somebody like cortana (a I.A made with organic material) would be judged by the gauntlet.

All this talk made me think that marvel has their own "side universe" like what dc is doing with the indepent movies.
Marvel has WHAT IF

Attached: 30260fbb33a8c84946f83ad19e7d22b8.jpg (1012x387, 304K)

Good Ultron sides with Thanos. The cold AI logic sees the merit in Thanos' plan. Eventually becoming a cosmic threat. As Ultron Swarms spread throughout the Universe.

Arguably, if Ultron doesn't go crazy, thor doesn't get a vision, doesn't fly off. He'd catch Loki much earlier, giving Odin ample time to prepare for hela and ragnarock, most likely ending in mjolnir not being destroyed and the tesseract being moved off asgard.
So, maybe he'd have the tesseract, but we don't know for certain
Hell, with the timing of everything, if hulk wasn't sent to earth to warn them of thanos, who knows what's happen
Civil war doesn't happen, so the avengers don't break up, and likely that means thanos' children are all beaten when they arrive on earth.
Ant man, Hawkeye, cap and black widow would have been available.
Oh, and Pietro would be alive.

I'm willing to bet my left nut that Ultron would be sacrificed to wield the gauntlet as his final sacrifice in redeeming humanity since he will not allow any other person to die on his behalf.

Wanda did better against Thanos than Carol ever did.

Could Wanda take Carol?

it was already a close fight, Ultron would tip the scales easily

He called Strange "wizard", that combined with Maw's magic-performer based jabs seem to indicate he understands what he's up against.

Sexually? Without a doubt.

>The first fucking thing Tony does when he gets back to Earth is insist he was right to build Ultron

The world's better off with him dead, the man was a god damned menace.

That moment actually threw me off a little.