Accuses others of being selfish and unwilling to sacrifice anything

>accuses others of being selfish and unwilling to sacrifice anything
>ending is completely selfish and proves he is unwilling to make sacrifices
>still gets whatever he wants
>gets all the Endgame hype moments, and depriving the other characters of having some awesome combat before their send offs
Fuck Captain America, I’m so glad the Russo’s can’t jerk off to him anymore

Attached: B8A6C3BA-F7EF-43D9-B652-61A128F40B51.png (620x413, 351K)

The point is that Cap has literally been selfless all his life. At some point, he deserved to have something for himself.

Inversely, Tony spent the first 30ish years of his life being a selfish asshole. So he eventually learned to be selfless.

woah....it's almost like he learned from tony telling him to enjoy life..... it's almost as if... these characters.... they develop over time in the story.... woah.....

OP doesn't understand character arcs

Tony gets IW. Cap gets EG. If anything, Dr Strange shows off in IW more than he should've. He's the real winner.

>characters being ooc is considered a character arc now

No.

The endings should have been reversed. Cap should have sacrificed himself to dust Thanos while Tony retires to his family.

Then you kind of miss the point of the character. His whole thing is sacrificing his personal happiness for the good of America. It's sad the Russos don't understand this.

>His whole thing is sacrificing his personal happiness for the good of America
And he learned to stop sacrificing his personal happiness and learn to enjoy himself for once. It's sad that you don't understand this.

>Tony and Steve combine their willpower to do the unsnap
>The sheer amount required to do so kills Tony and drains Steve of super serum
Was it that hard to come up with this?

that sounds retarded

So the only time these flicks decide to have a message, it's "be selfish it'll work out :)"?

I think you missed the point where that works only in comics where no one ages, and there's always another threat around the corner.
The movies aren't the comics. Cap has spent 10 years fighting for the world, and finally reached the endpoint of the plotline that started with Red Skull having the tesseract. He won. He had the chance to go home. He took it.
This is not a bad thing, nor is it something that is out of character for Cap.

More like, "even the most selfless of people have to at some point make their own happiness a priority"

Being selfish isn't always a bad thing. You have to look out for yourself as well as help others.

>I think you missed the point where that works only in comics where no one ages, and there's always another threat around the corner.

The last part is true for the MCU too. There is always going to be threats out there for the heroes to deal with. For example the 10 Rings are still out there as are the Kree. Captain America abandoning his friends in the modern day including Bucky for the past is ultimately selfish and goes against an inherent part of his character.

>cap was supposed to die
>capfags raged so hard at the screenings that they gave him his forced ooc happy ending
Why are capfags such babies?

Imagine if Jack and Billy Zane in Titanic told Rose to fuck off and boarded the life boats first because they don't want to fucking die. It would probably make 3 billions

>for the past is ultimately selfish
Yes. That's the point. He learned to be selfish after sacrificing so much for others. He learned from Tony and Tony learned from him.

>people misunderstood how the MCU time travel works despite being explained TWICE

People called pot his BS since the first time, Iron Man almost daily, you have selective memory

Just take the arguments people use for why Superman doesn't hero 24/7/52 and apply them to cap.

I agree, but everyone else in this thread is still more right than you.

So Cap went to an alternate timeline he then erased after sending the stones and mjolnir back where they belonged. That seems even more fucked up to me

The timelines merged. There has been a second Steve Rogers living in secrecy this whole time.

So he did ignore Vietnam, JFK, 911, etc?

>Nobody wants him, they just turn their heads
>Nobody helped him, now he has his revenge

Who was the real iron man??

Attached: Grape shrek.jpg (1024x597, 49K)

But user being selfish is good. Who gives a fuck about a few thousand dead people on 9/11 when he gets to bang Peggy. Fuck America.

Don't you think he's done enough?
And secondly, as Banner has explained, you can't change the past.

Cap will always Mary Sue. Because most American writers are willing to write a character called Captain America as being anything other than perfect.

Stay mad eurocuck or sandnog.

But you can. If you used time travel to take all the people who died on 9/11 into the future without the knowledge of people living in the present, you are technically not changing the past.

>Yea Forums doesn’t like MCU Cap now

What the hell hapened? Five years ago almost this entire board was pissed because of how Whedon treated him.

Always suspected the fashionable talk of superheroes being the super inspirational modern mythology teaching us to strive to be better yadda yadda was just surface level back patting.

I'm glad brand loyalty will finally put that shit to rest

>cap was supposed to die

No, he wasn't.

Yea Forums doesn't like when tragic characters get happy endings.

Attached: He earned it.jpg (600x350, 44K)

>happy

Do most people consider it happy? Seeing old Cap made me really sad because I realized we would never see him in the MCU again. Made me more sad than Iron Man or Widow’s death.

Attached: descardsfga.png (225x225, 5K)

I was about to say that people crying over Steve were also whining about Bruce. Based user.

Get fucked.

Attached: 1475436064358.png (466x349, 223K)