So what's the best Sonic Cartoon?

strawpoll.me/17946225
explain why if possible.

Attached: sonic-popsicle.jpg (1155x1248, 794K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c_qp2mg94EY
youtube.com/watch?v=ZK82EmKzXEk
youtube.com/watch?v=g7vLBaxuwsE
strawpoll.me/17946225
youtube.com/watch?v=LrqXpYwS9nI
youtube.com/watch?v=O28HX5gyUdU
youtube.com/watch?v=TBiShzF9kl0
youtube.com/watch?v=_8udbZ5R7Rk
youtube.com/watch?v=k4-qr5CGeSg
youtube.com/watch?v=G4jd0UWGPgY
youtube.com/watch?v=NNRmP5WIKrc
youtube.com/watch?v=xZEPgLkzhwE
youtube.com/watch?v=zGOjOUXJ1u4
youtube.com/watch?v=B92G_nFSQ_k
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj_lZ4hkJd8
youtube.com/watch?v=gJ_mtr_JZl8
youtube.com/watch?v=5EZ54vXrcVU
board.sonicstadium.org/topic/18628-sonic-concept-art-by-dic-satam-concepts-look-nothing-like-the-final-outcome/
archive.sonichq.net/newsite/cartoon/before/
boards.fireden.net/co/thread/100171019/
youtu.be/hNqtfFXq00k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=c_qp2mg94EY

Overall best one is the Sonic OVA movie. Felt the most like the games, specially like Sonic CD.
Worst has to be Sonic Underground. Such a stupid mess of a show, though it's kinda worth watching to just laugh at it.

That show has 3 characters voiced by Jaleel White, that's awful for the ears.

This is the correct answer.

I loved Sonic Underground as a kid, but I'm just too afraid to rewatch it because it's probably shit

Attached: images.jpg (264x191, 10K)

That one Sonic X episode where he hangs out with the wheelchair chick.

I enjoy it in a "so bad is good" kind of way.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZK82EmKzXEk

AOSTH or go home

Sonic X is for weenies and scrub-lizards, all other sawnic cartoons are just alright if inoffensive

She looks better without her eye.

Attached: Sticks.png (1047x1080, 1.21M)

StC

How dose sonic music always manage to be catchy and simultaneously embarrassing.

Just like the franchise itself.

The Tamers12345 rendition is superior anyway.
youtube.com/watch?v=g7vLBaxuwsE

It's not.

I like AoStH because its fucking bonkers. It's pure unbridled 90s nonsense and I love it

It's the characters it's attached to. The rock music in the Sonic games music becomes fucking stupid when played over a blue cartoon hedgehog beating up robots

It is.
Gotta say though I’m a sucker for AoSTH and have a soft spot for Sonic X.

Sonic Boom because it has good humour

AoStH because of the superb voice acting and decent animation

>decent animation
That's more of what you can say about Boom's animation because it's shit.

>Overall best one is the Sonic OVA movie. Felt the most like the games, specially like Sonic CD.
This. I still enjoy it. It's a fun silly romp.

And the catgirl is sexy.

SatAM of course.

AoStH is just Sonic Looney Toons which is why people like it.

>The Antoine and Sally show.
Nope.

Sonic Boom.
Besides all the jokes about the franchise and the fandom, it’s just a funny show on it’s own that made me laugh in almost every episode. It was the last cartoon that had solid, consistent humor.

This, it's probably my favorite next to the OVA. Then it's SatAM, then it's Boom and then X and finally Underground. We really need a new cartoon to counterbalance the shitshow that will be the movie.

>strawpoll.me/17946225
Sonic Boom because its a fun show to watch. I have nostalgia for X but cant say its good.
this

If there's ever a new cartoon it better has Blaze on it.

>newest cartoon getting the most love
hmmmmmm

Is just that most of this board likes Sticks, just like most of Yea Forums likes Rouge and most of /trash/ likes Cream.

Still better looking than the trailer.

I won't mind a popsicle Sonic movie.

>It's the characters it's attached to.
Nar, i like the OVA and The CD op and ed. If anything, the cool 90's animation accompanying it makes me feel less ashamed for enjoying this song.

youtube.com/watch?v=LrqXpYwS9nI

The Long John Baldry show featuring Sonic the Hedgehog.

>SATAM and X beating AOSTH

Attached: an artist respects the silence that serves the foundation of creativity.jpg (854x480, 52K)

>Furbait winning.
Nothing unusual.

It is legit funny

AOSTH>Boom>OVA>SATAM>Underground>X

Adventures is just a blast to watch for how insane it is and how great the voice actors are, especially Robotnik who’s probably my favorite version of him. X is so dull that’s Underground’s badness overtakes it.

I’d like it better if it didn’t just feel TOO nonsensical. It just comes off a lot of the time as weird yet somehow boring.

Still, the Metal Sonic scenes are amazing.

based, AOSTH is a fucking trash show that people only remember for the memes.

AoStH > Boom > Mania = Overdrive = OVA > SatAM > X > Underground

youtube.com/watch?v=O28HX5gyUdU

Attached: SonicXtremeSonic.png (800x601, 327K)

I thought his Manic sounded nice, if a bit stoner, but it kinda worked since they're brothers. Sonia was just a failure and convenience of casting.

Of the 40 there are at least 6 or 8 I really liked and even those have awful editing most of time, outside the music videos even. Scenes just cut weird in that show.

I always liked SatAM the best since it was what I was a young kid for and the dystopian almost post-apocalyptic setting was right up my alley. I loved stuff like that and Swat Kats and Pirates of Dark Water and all the tail end of the tech and xtreme stuff trailing into the early 90's from the 80's TNMT explosion.

Adventures just seemed way too cartoony to me after that, but I was also aging out of the target audience at the time. Plus Scratch's voice just grated on me.

>I want physical/delivery comedy
Adventures
>I want spoken/conceptual comedy
Boom
>I want an episodic adventure
The OVA
>No, longer form!
X
>I want a fucking meme was shitshow.
Underground

Anyone who says their favorite is SatAM is either blinded by nostalgia or an imbecile. It offers nothing aside from a generic 90s setting.

Yes, Boom is legitimately funny and that's probably why people like it.

>AOSTH
>people only remember for the memes
I'd say it's not so much the memes, but the Youtube Poops.
youtube.com/watch?v=TBiShzF9kl0

Attached: Robotnik.png (800x800, 667K)

From best to worst:

>Sonic Mania Shorts
Cute art and funny humor. Get the atmosphere from the games without needing a single line of dialogue.
>Sonic Boom
I love the way they did Eggman.
>SATAM
I love Robotnik's voice.
>OAV
Strange, isn't it?
>SONIC X
I don't like Chris
>AOSTH
Really loved it when I was a child. Rewatched some episodes and it's not worth the time
>Sonic Underground
I really hate random musical intermissions.

Attached: knucklesmania.jpg (1460x672, 130K)

big boss?

Attached: waaat.gif (480x270, 1.91M)

>tfw when remember times before YTP
>remember hating them when they were popular
>remember the relief when they fell out of favor like every stupid transient meme like phat or tubular
>it's now been long enough some kids are nostalgic over them

Attached: there is no adventure here.gif (300x191, 943K)

>I want generic 90s action with a Sonic paintjob
SatAM

>The mayor's privet e-mail server
I forgot that was even a joke.

Attached: Perci the bandicoot.jpg (664x1697, 254K)

She cute.

She's also a twin.
youtube.com/watch?v=_8udbZ5R7Rk

Attached: 0ebfd9871bf70db18df0f9a84fca84fd[1].jpg (800x712, 88K)

youtube.com/watch?v=k4-qr5CGeSg

youtube.com/watch?v=G4jd0UWGPgY

youtube.com/watch?v=NNRmP5WIKrc

Attached: 5a23610095698.jpg (1270x720, 317K)

and about me?

Attached: 1888_Amy_Pose_2.png (826x838, 224K)

We still don't care, Amy

Enjoy your vacation.

Movie Sonic is growing on me.

You're welcome.

Attached: I am not sorry.png (4000x4000, 1.79M)

user, pls.

The what?

Buh-bye

I believe he's referring to the british Fleetway sonic comic, known as "Sonic the Comic" or something like that. Different storyline than Archie but similar enough I think.

t. turboautist that was way too into sonic in his early teens

Attached: uhhhhh.jpg (272x366, 29K)

>SatAM
an actual attempt to take Sonic semi seriously

I guess my sneeze-bomb catcher went a... little off course

>I don't like Chris
He got sidelined quick and is more a structural tool to have Sonic blend in with Digimon and Pokemon's fanbase.

Nah. It had some good stuff, mainly Snively, a more scary Robotnik, and the idea that Robotic already conquered the planet, but the Freedom Fighters stuff sucked.

Sonic satam. Underground is a close second, awesome show

>we've become so contrarian we've elevated AoSTH and denounced SatAM

>"simultaneously embarrassing"
>not rocking this shit max volume
>baka

I have the most nostalgia for AoStH. Sure, it was cheesy as fuck. But it was fun.

OVA was the "truest" Sonic cartoon. Sonic X had potential to be better but blew it.

Sonic Boom is terribly overrated. Sure, it has some screenshot-worthy dialogue, but the majority of the show is just boring CGI-shit.

Attached: 1536714310697.jpg (1125x1125, 443K)

>exploiting my love of bare legs in sneakers to make me jerk off to the abomination of the decade
I hate you so much

>Still up.
The madman.

>Sonic Boom is terribly overrated. Sure, it has some screenshot-worthy dialogue, but the majority of the show is just boring CGI-shit.
At last someone said it.

It's a shame Long John Bardly wasn't in more stuff. He's got a great voice.

youtube.com/watch?v=xZEPgLkzhwE

youtube.com/watch?v=zGOjOUXJ1u4

Attached: 1515508268036.jpg (407x440, 76K)

Except Sonic himself isn't taken seriously at all, and most of the episodes aren't serious at all. It's more watered down 90's edge than anything. Sonic X took itself seriously more consistently and tackled heavier stuff.

>Implying it's a contrarian thing when it's become mass consensus for years now even outside of Yea Forums.
It finally became piss easy to watch these shows, and ever since people have realized SatAM had less going for it and its qualities were greatly exaggerated by nostalgic fans. Probably also helped that this led to more specific discourse.

This might be a good place to ask, does anyone have that screencap with the sonic movie plot?

Attached: db6.jpg (680x728, 46K)

>superb voice acting
>decent animation
What the hell show were you watching? It definitely wasn't AoStH.

Sonic Boom is fore meme-loving zoomers. X is the worst cartoon ever made. Underground is cringe inducing vomit.

It's between the ABC Saturday Morning show, Adventures, or the OAV.

Anybody who says 'Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog' had bad animation does not actually know what good animation is. Ugly/off model =/= bad animation.

Boom > Adventures of = SatAM = OVA > Mania > X >Underground

>several animation errors per episode
>good

Animation with errors that actually tries >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> low budget animation with no errors that doesn't try at all.

X is the most accurate to the recent games but HOLY SHIT is it boring.

It's not good but it probably has the best animation among all the Sonic shows. The only animation of Sonic that's better are those found in commercials or one-offs like the Sonic CD intro or that "Man of the Year" short.

>implying AoStH had a high budget

Low budget for a syndicated cartoon of its era. it pales compared to the stuff WB and Disney were doing at the time. But it's much, much higher than any cartoon made for TV made in the past 10 years. And also much higher than any other Sonic cartoon outside of maaayyybe the first season of SatAM. Depends on the episode. The best episodes of Adventures look better than the best episodes of SatAM, for instance.

The recent games are all boring, so it fits.

Animation errors are better than stilted lifeless asemblyline family guy crap.

This. I'd rather watch Donatellos' voice coming out of Leonardo's mouth for a couple of frames than put up with bland flash-looking crap.

Also Bunnie gets almost no screen time and they use Antoine and that stupid dragon way too much.

SatAM is great, but I don't know why people think it was "edgy" at all. If anything, it tried to be a little more serious with more attempts at being emotional or heartwarming. But the people who like it for being edgy/complain about it being edgy don't know what they're talking about. Go back and watch it again, it's about as "edgy" as an episode of Gummi Bears. And the bad guys are just as goofy.

Less that he gets used too much, more that he's used the exact same way every time. But yeah, Rotor, Bunnie and Tails barely exist and it's weird as hell.

Why does this feel different from most autistic Sonic fanart?

Why is my wiener big?

If you're talking about comments like
the point is that SatAM isn't serious. At all. There's like maybe three episodes that take themselves seriously, the rest is cornball adventures. It's a very light dab of "sinister atmosphere" and "dreary mood," aka an extremely watered down version of 90s edge. It's a far more accurate descriptor than serious.

Serious =/= edge. And SatAM is neither. It's just an action cartoon that has a lot of funny moments, and occasionally some dark or emotional moments. TaleSpin does the same thing and nobody praises or bitches about its mood or tone.

>Serious =/= edge.
user that's what I just said.
>And SatAM is neither. It's just an action cartoon that has a lot of funny moments, and occasionally some dark or emotional moments.
user did you even read my post?

>Less that he gets used too much, more that he's used the exact same way every time
I'd say it's both.

>strawpoll.me/17946225
>Not Sonic X and SatAM
FUCKING ZOOMERS GET OFF MY FUCKING BOARD.

Yes, and I disagree with calling it "watered down 90s edge". It wasn't edgy in the least, not even the watered down kind. It's just an action cartoon with writing and attempts at having characters with more than one or two emotions. If it's guilty at being a watered down anything, it's guilty of being a watered down attempt at a Disney-like show. It would fit right alongside Gargoyles and Darkwing Duck on Disney's afternoon block in the early '90s, if not for the fact that the animation doesn't quite hold up to those shows.

Nobody likes Sonic X. Not even the kids who grew up with it.

>attempts at having characters with more than one or two emotions.
Now that's a load and you have to know it. One of the main complaints even among fans is how one-note the cast is.

Hey, I did.

Attached: 0_Fh-rR5Ea166IBs1__.jpg (1499x785, 97K)

I'm referring to the usual depiction of Sonic's cast of characters in cartoons, which usually boils down to "he's the smart one" or "he's the angry one", or "she's the sexy one". SatAM definitely made attempts at fleshing its cast out a little bit more, but ultimately it's still a cartoon for children.

Not being a Sonic fan, SatAM is the only one I have ever had any tolerance for.

>even among fans

Yeah but Satam fans are usually emo goth furries who want the show to be filled with blood, death, tragedy, and sexual situations, so it's best to not listen to what they have to say.

>Satam fans are usually emo goth furries who want the show to be filled with blood, death, tragedy, and sexual situations
So Ken Penders Archie run?

Sonic X was good.

Attached: Amy_cream_bathingsuit.jpg (640x794, 111K)

Their heads and hands are not big enough.

A lot of people who liked the show definitely gravitated towards his run on the comics, and he was definitely guilty of trying to lead the comic down the 'Cerebus' path (and was certainly successful in doing so, at least for a time). I liked the show a lot, but felt that the comics were at their peak when Gallagher was doing stories. They weren't like the cartoon at all, but they were fun. I think the writer who best matched the tone of the show was Angelo DeCesare, but he only wrote a handful of stories and never drew constant attention to himself the way Penders did.

You have Boom for that big hands fetish.

it's meh

It's good.

youtube.com/watch?v=B92G_nFSQ_k

If you watch this clip and still don't think Sonic Boom is the best sonic cartoon or at least one of the best, you need a lot more media exposure.

Attached: I AM MRS NESBITT.png (937x697, 1M)

Fun Fact: Long John Baldry the VA for Doctor Robotnik convinced Elton John to not kill himself and is the guy Elton John sings about in "Someone Saved my Life Tonight" (his nickname was "Sugarbear"). He was one of the earliest openly gay rock artists.

And if you've never given his musical career a listen I highly suggest you do. One of the premiere British Blues musicians.
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj_lZ4hkJd8

The VA for AOSTH I forgot to say.

>Boo-JEE woo-JEE

Attached: d96.jpg (500x500, 43K)

Sorry, but Peter Pan and the Pirates did serious ridiculous adventures far better than anyone.

It's legit boring and unfunny slice of life. Feels like I'm watching a far cheesier "self-aware" version of Kim Possible.

Which is very weird cause the initial trailer and also the video game presented it as a straight action adventure cartoon.

SatAM is the only one that had lore, worldbuilding and life/death conflict. As a kid I loved it so much.

It's meh.

Not really, no, which is what I'm saying. SatAM didn't use half its cast and the ones it did use (Sally, Antoine, Dulcy) are often criticized for being so flat. Like damn, Grounder had more range than Antoine, and he's literally just "stupid henchman." There's stuff to compliment SatAM on, but character depth isn't one of them.

Self aware yet self absorbed at the same time, this only means one thing: GEEEEEEKKKSS.

Now, do you know the cartoon shows which does self aware referential comedy properly? The Tick, Freakazoid, Animaniacs.

Let's not forget The Mask where he's an edgy asshole cartoon character in an actual gritty dark serious world. Compared to Freakazoid where everyone is a cartoon and The Tick where everything is comfy and sane compared to The Mask's environment.

>lore, worldbuilding
Where? No, seriously. It describes two vague places and then visits a few one-off locations while giving them about as much thought as AoSTH/X/Underground.
>and life/death conflict.
The other cartoons did this too, what are you even on about? Sonic X ends on Tails killing his damn girlfriend to save the galaxy.

It’s funny

Attached: 59C68B4F-6670-403C-A08C-65B899A8136B.jpg (1200x1200, 822K)

Post more Sticks.

If the bad writing doesn't dive you away, the songs in EVERY episode will.

I was going to say that it reminds me of Ben 10 Alien Force and Kim Possible, but the atmosphere, dialogue, "charm" isn't the same.

It instead reminds me a lot of Teen Titans Go and Seinfeld and a hell lot of Dreamworks' comedy tv series.

The comics based on SatAM had lore. The show itself was pretty vague and undescriptive.

I don't know what to tell you other than, you're wrong. Sorry. Go back and watch the shows again, I guess.

SatAM "fans" just like the idea of what it could be and keep conflating the show with the Archie comics. It's why they praise elements that don't apply to most of the show.

Yep. The show was great and written by seasoned TV veterans who knew what they were doing, but the comics were almost entirely trash written by amateurs or cast-offs not even fit to work for Marvel or DC. Most SatAM fans are actually Archie fans and don't even realize it.

Wow none of these cartoons have the same feeling I had while playing the video game when I was 7.

I had in mind the atmosphere of Land Before Time for Sonic.

Definitely not Seinfeld, Looney Tunes, funny anime cartoon, Marathon cartoons, Star Wars or Redwall, boring musical and badly made Looney Tunes rip off.

Sonic the Hedgehog (1993) - 5/10 (average)
The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (1993) - 3/10 (poor); 10/10 (meme-tier)
Sonic Underground - 2/10 (terrible)
Sonic OAV (1996) - 4/10 (below average)
Sonic X (2003) - 1/10 (shit-tier)
Sonic Boom (2014) - 4/10 (below average)
Sonic Boom (2014) - 9/10 (Semi-meme tier)

Without memes, SatAM is the best (or least terrible). With memes, AoStH is king with Boom close behind.

Go ahead and point me to some episodes that show me any of those three acting beyond their two basic modes. Like what've you got? Hooked on Sonics, the one where Antoine acts arrogant and then cowardly, having to get nailed out of his mistake? How about Sonic Racer, where Antoine gets trapped on a conveyor belt due to his arrogance and is then bailed out? How about Fed Up with Antoine? Maybe Sally's rich characterization in Warp Sonic and Game Guy, which are nearly the exact same story?

Seriously. Point me to them having more than two stock dispositions. The best I've got is Sonic himself in Sonic's Nightmare, showing off some anxiety and self-doubt in contrast to his usual snarky arrogance and chipper support. I WANT you to prove me wrong here. Please, come up with something where I can say the cast has nuance at all. Any fucking example instead of yet another vague "uh no you're wrong."

Seasoned TV veterans behind such hits as Double Dragon.
Honestly, Gallagher and DeCesare were much better writers than Hurst and Allee. Pat's episodes of Ghostbusters were okay, but not good.

Hooked on Sonics goes into good detail about Antoine's personality and his motivations. You can't honestly tell me Grounder has more character depth than what was on display in that one episode alone. Grounder literally is just "dumb henchman". If you think Antoine has less depth than that, then you're either trolling or being willfully disingenuous.

She cute.

Double Dragon was better written than anything by Bollers or Penders. Fact. Penders' schlock was more on par with that awful Double Dragon comic book, which somehow managed to be even worse than the cartoon.

Gallagher wasn't a good writer, he was more of a gag-man. But he excelled at that, which is why his comics were the only good ones Archie ever did.

Imagine the creative team behind Land Before Time in charge of Sonic The Hedgehog.

Attached: the-land-before-time-1108x0-c-default.jpg (1108x831, 225K)

Imagine anybody with a lick of actual skill or talent in charge of Sonic the Hedgehog.

>Double Dragon was better written than anything by Bollers or Penders.
>The comics are just Bollers and Penders.
Good job proving you don't know jack about the comics you're criticizing. Bollers wasn't even contemporary with the shows.
>Gallagher wasn't a good writer.
Not really, no, but he did a better job than the SatAM writing staff. Mostly because he drew heavily from classic comics. Stuff like his Tails two parter had better structure and payoff than most episodes of SatAM.

It’s still up

>getting defensive over Sonic comics

They were all shit. Gallagher being the best (and he was) isn't glowing praise of Gallagher. It just shows how god-awful that comic book was.

>but he did a better job than the SatAM writing staff.

I would say that he did a better job than literally any other person associated with writing for Sonic the Hedgehog in a professional capacity, ever.

>Hooked on Sonics goes into good detail about Antoine's personality and his motivations.
I'm posting this here so people can see what you're talking about.
youtube.com/watch?v=gJ_mtr_JZl8
The best it manages is to have Antoine be blue while staying up his own ass instead of antagonistic or congratulating himself.

The core problem is that SatAM tends to give characters two aspects and then make every single thing they do establish and re-establish those aspects in a vacuum, flip flopping between the aspects as necessary. Antoine is an arrogant coward, so he flips between his arrogance and cowardice "modes" of interaction. Sally is the Overachieving Lover, so she flip flops between her sassy can do attitude and her doting affection and support. You get the idea. Meanwhile AoSTH uses the established idea of the characters as a base and extrapolates from that to better identify them and give them agency in the story. Grounder is the stupid henchman. *Because* of this, he has great pride in his work, and is constantly inquisitive, and is very emotional in general, and is naturally trusting, and has a childlike disposition, etc. He takes action in the plot due to his misunderstandings or as he's told or due to his emotional state, whereas Antoine will act in order to reinforce that he is extremely arrogant or extremely cowardly.

The SatAM cast does not have agency and fails to move beyond the simplicity of their basic traits because they focus on reaffirming these traits rather than having said traits dictate how they will act and react in a story. The comics actually fixed this for the most part with stories like "The Vol-Ant-Teer," where Antoine makes himself take on a dangerous task because he doesn't want to lose clout in the eyes of his friends but is simultaneously terrified and struggling to even do anything on his own. He doesn't just stop and need to be rescued once the cowardice kicks in, it acts in tandem with the arrogance.

I mean that's a fair cop. I think DeCesare was a touch better because he balanced the aspects of the book a little more evenly and focused on the cast as a whole instead of a few characters, but I get where you're coming from.

I'm not gonna argue it's a good comic, and I'm not defensive of the comic. I'm saying SatAM's writing was absolutely worse.

> Grounder is the stupid henchman. *Because* of this, he has great pride in his work

That's not in the text, that's just your autism reading into it too much.

>I'm saying SatAM's writing was absolutely worse.

Than the comic as a whole? Nah. SatAm had a variety of writers and every single one of them was better than Penders, Bollers, Flynn, etc. But then, they were all professional writers and not trash-pile dregs like the kind that Archie usually hires.

>Than the comic as a whole?
That's not what I said, no. Kind of unfair to compare 25 years of comics to a two season tv show though. If you compare episodes and comics that ran side by side, I'd say the comic was much better.
>Flynn
I don't even like Ian, but he's a better writer than Ben Hurst.

The character literally talks about how proud he thinks his boss will be with him while beaming more than once. I know you're used to using autism as a crutch for your arguments, but you could try actually addressing the point instead of dismissing it outright.

At least you're not stuck with IDW's "writers".

I believe Hooked on Sonics was the example given. That episode was written by Randy Rogel, who also wrote the Emmy-award winning "Robin's Reckoning" for the Batman series. So yes, SatAM absolutely had much more talent working on it, despite your odd hatred for it.

>The guy did good work on one thing, so nothing else he ever wrote can be bad.
Are you stupid or something? And that's not even the same reply chain, what are you on about?

>but you could try actually addressing the point
There's no chance in Hell I'm seriously going to address your post seriously when you make points like this:

>Meanwhile AoSTH uses the established idea of the characters as a base and extrapolates from that to better identify them and give them agency in the story.

Even the writers of that show would laugh if they read that.

Boom and the OVA are definitely the best ones. Boom's slice of life style is fun to watch and the OVA was more faithful and resembled the games the most. Both are great in my book.
But I legit couldn't distinguish the AOSTH, Underground and SATAM options in this poll. One of them has evil dictator Robotnik, one has PINGAS Robotnik and the other has those made up siblings for sonic that had a rock band or whatever, but I could never tell which one is which. Tells you enough about the 3 if that's how forgettable they are. Sonic X adds that annoying kid everywhere so I didn't choose it for that.

He did good work on many things, including his work on "Hooked On Sonics" which absolutely was a well written episode. But please, I would love to see you type out 4 paragraphs explaining why I'm wrong.

Seriously. Like, we get it, user. You really, really don't like SatAM. Just say you hate its weird-ass fanbase or the fact that it has very little to do with the video game and be done with it already.

>Implying AoStH Robotnik wasn't the most brilliant piece of voice acting in recent history

Considering Milton Knight put so much thought into Robotnik's design and wrote out a ton of shit about it, I doubt it. At best you might get a "that's a pretentious way of saying the writing isn't garbage."

But really, your argument the entire thread is just "no, you're wrong, X is self-evident," and now you're dismissing the idea of even trying to discuss the writing at all. Why even humoring your opinion if you don't intend to discuss it?

Milton Knight didn't write anything for Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. At best, he contributed to some of the gags through the storyboard process.

Is this Miko? Good fucking god woman, you're way too old for this shit.

>Milton Knight didn't write anything for Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.
I didn't say he did. I said he put a ton of work into Robotnik's design. The implication was the staff didn't put a lot of thought into the show or its writing or characters, but even the artists were very discerning about the project.

Attached: Miltonbotnik.jpg (504x421, 63K)

>implying le pingas maymay man xdxdxd voice is brilliant when he doesn't even come close to Mike Pollock as eggman

Sonic Satam and Sonic X were the best sonic cartoons. They both had atmosphere, action and an on-going plot.
X was for fan pandering "Look it's Sonic in our modern world" and funnily enough X handled the slice of life episodes far better than Boom could ever want. The baseball episode was pure kino.
The second season especially even greater and more focused by happening in space and fighting robot aliens and having a more focused story.

SatAm also had a nice atmosphere, better animation than X, more stuff going on and less filler and felt more like an adventure cartoon rather than a pure action cartoon or a mix of slice of life and action.

Yes, Milton Knight is a brilliant artist. And you can tell which gags he did on the show when you watch it. They really stand out. It's a pity he's gone through so much shit these past few years.

>user says SatAM's writing is shit and provides a mountain of reasons.
>Seething SatAMfag: "Y-you don't really hate the writing, stop lying!"
My god, guy.
>Pulls out some boogieman from god knows where.
At this point I can't tell if you're too autistic to get what user is saying or are some oldfag who's been REEEEing since Geocities, but either way it's some top kek.

Attached: 1547671275827.jpg (720x720, 87K)

Turning flesh into metal, free people into subservient machines, is kinda hardcore

Attached: CarelessBlackandwhiteLadybird-max-1mb.gif (217x166, 779K)

Ah, there's your true face. About time. Why did you bother to type out all that rubbish above instead of getting straight to the point in the beginning?

Please either construct an argument or stop whining that people think a show's writing isn't very good. It's fine if you like it, but I don't agree that the character writing was worth a piss.

You know what sucks ass about this timeline? All the fucking zoomers enjoying TTGO-tier writing more than Totally Spies and 90s action-tier writing.

>two very triggered replies

Holy shit, I think it is Miko. That bitch has to be at least 30 by now.

>Everyone who responds to me is samefag, and also some old woman from some old baggage I have.
It really is the gift that keeps on giving. Tell me more about this internet hag and her evil, SatAM disliking ways. Did she cast a spell to make you an eternal cuck?

Attached: 1552481566712.png (377x465, 345K)

Kind of hard to enjoy cartoons with actual writing when they weren't on TV when you were growing up.

That’s one voice. Have you heard Sanic and Toils? How about the robots?

I don't know, but have you ever thought about writing a book about how much you hate Sonic SatAM and its fans? I would read it.

I think it's more a matter of availability than anything. Not that TS was anything other than fetish bait bullshit. At least we'll always have BTAS.

If you're gonna keep on this instead of actually talking about what you like about the show and why, I guess we're done. It sucks because I really want someone to give a good rundown on why they like the show beyond the basic, surface level answers. Like really break down the writing and what works about it. I always end up with either "I dunno I like it" (pretty understandable) or stuff like this. It sucks.

I think he wanted you to think he had legit reasons for having seething hatred for a 25+ year old children's cartoon based on a shitty video game instead of, well, autism.

Yes that's right, I hate SatAM. I'm definitely not just watching this massive spergout and poking the flames to see how long it'll go. You are a very rational poster and there's nothing weird about you suddenly talking about some chick because anons don't like SatAM.

No, what sucks ass is that Sonic has few and very different animated incarnations which don't know what they fuck they want to be. Same with the video games really.

Scooby Doo knew what the fuck it wanted to be. Every reboot it ever got was in line with its main premise.

>Seething
The only seething I see is this guy.

Mystery Inc and Gets a Clue are about as different as Boom and X.

>It sucks.

Don't worry, one day, you will meet someone as autistic as you.

Attached: fe4.jpg (600x591, 30K)

>Every reboot it ever got was in line with its main premise.
Someone doesn’t know about Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get a Clue

Hey I'd read it too. The Witchfag actually made a convincing review on WITCH which reads smoothly.

I'm being serious. You should put all your angry thoughts into a book. I would pay at least $30 to read it. I'm sure others would, too.

There's gotta be a word for the humor in someone asking for discussion of cartoons on Yea Forums and being called autistic for it, but so can't place it.

>Yes that's right, I hate SatAM.

I know! And I want to read a book about it. Or at least create a blog if you don't want to be paid for your efforts.

Next time I hear that faggot ice cream truck gonby I am gonna get ne one of these. Do they still make the Powerpuff Girl ones?

Are you the same guy who pointed out how Sonic SatAm was originally an entirely different show potentially called Freedom Fighters? where Robotnik was a fat Satan robot? before they quickly slapped Sonic and human Robotnik onto it?

Because you did point out that Sally originally was a human princess and also the furry animals do not share Sonic's monoeye at all, neither his tiny chubby frame or the voice actors in line with the other ones.

It's easy. Just like the version of Sonic you like and don't worry about the others. Not every Sonic has to adhere to the same premise, and it would be boring as fuck if they did. Variety is the spice of life.

I recognize his posts from years and years of posting here. It could have been none other. I think it's the same guy who has a weird obsession with Antoine and has weird hang-ups when he gets picked on. Or some type of autistic shit like that.

I don't even know what to say to keep the autism flowing at this point. Tell me about the girl you're hung up on or something.

What the absolute fuck are you talking about?

>I don't even know what to say to keep the autism flowing

Oh, I think you do.

This thread made me go rewatch the adventures pilot. Forgot how nice the animation in this was.

youtube.com/watch?v=5EZ54vXrcVU

My favorite thing with Antoine in it is Sonic #40, where he gets absolutely blown the fuck out, so I'm probably not. I actually don't like how he stopped being a shitheel entirely in the comics, it kinda loses something that way.

No, there's a guy who posts here (he's on DeviantArt too, I believe, or at least he was a decade ago when I still paid attention to that shit) who writes long-winded paragraphs about how angry he is at the Sonic cartoon because of how badly the characters in the show treat Antoine. You should see him go, it's really quite something.

Never saw Underground or OVA.

X is generic anime style Sonic, complete with many plots of adventures that have zero impact on anything. It gets some credit for humor with Rogue and for Shadow's plotline, but the good parts are usually buried under a lot of boring shit. Chris is that self-insert child character that executives feel the need to shove in nearly every cartoon, and you'll find yourself wishing he dies for plot related reasons just so you won't have to see him anymore. 2/10.

Boom is CGI humor-focused Sonic. They never really attempt anything serious, since they signed on for comedy and stayed with it. Good if you want a laugh, but you'll never care about any character beyond "X is muh waifu!". Unfortunately, it's really bad CGI that looks like the computer world from Code Lyoko, and the animations tend to be pretty bland too. Occasionally they put in some more detail, but usually just in service to a joke. The plus side is it lacks most of the annoyances present in most animated Sonic media, meaning no Urkle, and no annoying child insert character. 6/10.

SatAM is story-oriented Sonic. Any and all attempts at humor are either lame or fall flat, and it's questionable if that was intentional. The animation looks cheap, and only a few steps above 80's Filmation animation at times. S2 doubles down on shit with Dulcy and filler episodes. Once you get past Urkle, Tails being the incompetent annoying kid character, and the annoying yawn that is Antoine, there is a decent cartoon behind them. Robotnik is at his most dangerous/evil, the world created feels consistent compared to other Sonic cartoons, and there is actually an overarching plotline that takes up most of the focus. When it's bad, it's really bad. When it's good, it's pretty good. 4/10.

Gotta do AoStH in the next post.

board.sonicstadium.org/topic/18628-sonic-concept-art-by-dic-satam-concepts-look-nothing-like-the-final-outcome/
archive.sonichq.net/newsite/cartoon/before/

Take off your pants, you slut.

Attached: imageproxy.jpg (592x768, 54K)

The SatAM pilot was strong too. I think Sally's better with the higher pitched voice. The buzzbombers remind me of Earthworm Jim's style when they get wrecked.

Ooga Booga? You're responding no matter what I say so I guess that works, but the crazy is slowing down.

Then why am I being accused of that?

>Do they still make the Powerpuff Girl ones?
Yup they are the same but have the Reboot Bubbles .

>You're responding no matter what I say so I guess that works,

Well, if I don't respond, you won't keep going. Write a damn book! I'm not even fucking with you.

Gross.

I dunno. Similar posting style? Long winded paragraphs trying to dissect Sonic SatAM and why it's terrible and why its characters are bad aren't exactly rare in these parts.

Can you tell me about the girl you're hung up about so I can at least fake it? Or tell me what I'm supposed to be angry at?

Attached: CreamXRevengeOfTheRobot.jpg (640x479, 63K)

AoStH is animated humor-focused Sonic. Rightfully called Sonic Looney Toons by many, since it's just Looney Toons writing wrapped in Sonic packaging. Gets a lot of praise for the Robotnik VA, but every single other voice is ear-gratingly bad. Despite some episodes being farmed out to TMS, every episode looks very poorly drawn and animated. Even moreso than SatAM. Even fans of the show avoid re-watching it, as evidenced by how few episodes they can name when asked. Decent for what it was, but the Sonic Says segments at the end of each episode make it clear they were aiming at an audience ages 5-9. 3-4/10, depending on if the jokes work for you or not.

For the record, I liked SatAM more than Boom, but I can still see Boom is better overall.

Follow the chain, all I've been doing is mocking
for their crippling obsession. You're right that people talk shit about SatAM a lot. Don't know why they bother, it was an okay show, not a bad one, and criticizing it brings out the spergs who call all critics boogiemen.

I dunno, that was some other user.

I feel you, user.

Oh, my bad.

>Don't know why they bother,

lol WHAT. Why are you pretending this wasn't you now?

Don't why away from it, lean into that shit. Come on, now.

Oh hey my sonic popsicle pic I took like 12 years ago is still floating around lol

The best Sonic is the one you grew up with. If it isn't, you probably have autism.

How much longer am I going to be old lady Antoine deviantart poster who wrote a big breakdown on SatAM, I wonder?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-07_112635.jpg (720x1280, 313K)

Attached: forever.gif (225x169, 487K)

The next poll should be: Who are more autistic, SatAM fans or SatAM haters?

Go back to bed, Miko, Nobody cares about your obsession with Mina the Mongoose.

user be careful, you'll shoot your eye out!
My god, it really doesn't end.
Okay, why does this lady care about Mina so much? Wasn't she a dumb anime character when Sonic went to high school?

Fans, because they assume everyone who says it's not good hates it, as well as people who don't care.

>Long winded paragraphs trying to dissect Sonic SatAM and why it's terrible and why its characters are bad aren't exactly rare in these parts

Holy shit, somebody please post that gigantic summary about why Satam sucks that gets copypasted all the time.

There's a copypasta?

The answer is always haters. No matter what subject it is.

Fans.
Haters are reactions to the core autism.

Nazo Unleashed

I'll try to find it. Does it really count as copypasta if it's literally the same person posting it every single time, though?

God, now you're making me think of Dickman's awful Mega Man flash.

If they're copypasting it, yeah, but given this thread I'm not sure assuming who posts what is smart.

Obsessing with something because you like it is not as bad as obsessing with something because you dislike it.

Depends. Look at Smashfags, where a positive obsession turns into hurling negativity at everyone else.

I want Miko to stop posting

Point to the Miko user, and show us where on the doll they hurt you.

Is this the one you're talking about?

boards.fireden.net/co/thread/100171019/

>This is what Sonic looks like with his eyes closed. It’s like the white part isn’t part of his eyes and is just part of his face? But that would mean his eyes have no whites at all and the eyes would be really far below the brow. It’s a fucking mess.

I can't tell if this person is doing a very good, exaggerated impression of an autistic Sonic fan or has been hanging around Chris-Chan too much.

Attached: 1525042379196.jpg (960x720, 234K)

That's exactly what I was looking for! Thanks.

The same posters?

My wife.

Attached: SC-Cream.png (361x429, 107K)

most of their complaints basically boil down to "not muh sonic".

Batman also got one.

Attached: 9e311da33c9cc5c6d9c3e88acef87f41.jpg (747x747, 74K)

It's copypasta. I'm not convinced it was ever meant to be taken seriously. Or at least, I hope not. Either way, it's still funny.

Looks that way.

The one with a comic book that lasted over 300 issues, of course. The rest don't even come close.

Attached: 1554790404313.png (686x960, 1.05M)

It's that same autist who always posts his conspiracy theory about the show originally not being meant to be a Sonic show.

>I wouldn’t mind learning if my suspicions are true about Sonic being dropped into an unrelated story and there being strict guidelines about portraying him as cool and powerful, but I’m not going to bother to do anything about it.

It's absolutely the same person.

I want to devote my life to hating a children's cartoon that even most of its fans are so old that most of them have moved on and grown up. Likely stemming from some PTSD they experienced on message boards decades ago, fighting with fans of the show back when they were a teenager. Reminds me of those Vietnam vets that were still 'fighting the war' decades after it ended.

best smear in the series

Attached: Snahvely.jpg (494x426, 25K)

second best smear in the series

Attached: 1343902036512.jpg (544x445, 43K)

Nice.

AOSTH?

Sonic X.

I don't care if he releases his "hidden" porn or no, But I find pretty autistic how he goes out of his way to hide nipples every single time and gets angry when people remind him of the time he used to draw fully nude girls, Also he mocks others when they deny being furries YET he does the same.

Fuck off Miko

It sounds like you have a lot of experience with being called out for autistic behavior. Makes you wonder sometimes, doesn't it?

>OVA not second
GTFO of here

Attached: 1359184478974.jpg (357x336, 35K)

Not him but even though I like the OAV a lot for its unique qualities, it is really low budget (especially for an anime) and aims at a very, very young demographic.

It doesn't stop. The madlad is obsessed. Everyone who thinks his autism is humorous must be a single entity.

Miko pls go

You saw this right
youtu.be/hNqtfFXq00k

Why does this remind me so much of Dreamworks' Penguins of Madagascar? Any of the same staff?

>Up for this long
Honestly porn should just be allowed if it's hidden by a spoiler

Why does this make me so uncomfortable? And I don't mean sexually, I mean there's somehow a dark undercurrent throughout this video, despite every situation clearly being consensual and positive for all parties involved.

Hmm

Attached: 1556219368791.png (1600x900, 604K)

Watching again with headphones, the sound is creepy

It's supposed to be creepy. I loved how Venture-esque his voicework was.

>start off with the most soulless one

epic

>Animaniacs

Opinion completely invalidated.

I give this post two thumbs up.

Check 'em