Steve Englehart has uploaded the unpublished Dark Detective III series at his website steveenglehart.com

Steve Englehart has uploaded the unpublished Dark Detective III series at his website steveenglehart.com

Probably going to get taken down soon

Attached: Dark Detective II 1.jpg (246x382, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steveenglehart.com/Dark
ohdannyboy.blogspot.com/2007/01/batman-alan-grant-norm-breyfogle-speak.html
mega.nz/#F!1pMSHSSQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He cute.

Quit being a faggot and storytime it already

My net is slow as shit been downloading it for 30 min

What are you talking about? The scripts are there for sale.

Top of the page nigga steveenglehart.com/Dark Detective Complete.cbz.zip

?

This dumb waifufag was always a hack.

He's giving them away for free right now

Attached: IMG_20190506_123327.jpg (719x900, 266K)

What prompted this on, did he get pissed off at DC over something?

I have no clue but for once OP wasn't a faggot

He saw Endgame and realized his waifu was tainted forever so he went insane.

DC had a Joker Bronze Age omnibus planned for release, and it is supposed to include a never-before-published Joker issue that he wrote.
Maybe they cancelled it and he's venting

Read the website he's more or less pissed at everyone

Joker #10 was written by Pasko

Attached: DD II-270.jpg (5100x6600, 1.82M)

someone needs to put #10 online bc I'm not buying an omnibus for one issue

Comes out in July

Oh my god he actually did include all his Batman stuff in full, the absolute madman

I thought it was just going to be the script and unpublished art?

Nope, his Detective run and Dark Detective mini are there in full scans. There's also a brief summary of what Dark Detective IV would have been about.

>mfw Maggins best collected work will be his Joker issues

Fucking based

So, do I dump the scripts?

Someone post the similarities between these comics and the movies

>It's true

Today, OP was a cool guy

Attached: 1547346473832.png (1752x747, 907K)

It's on his website. This is the one time there's nothing shameful about "giving the clicks" you nugget

The 1989 Batman movie is hard but there's proof that they were using his comic as influence (the drafts prior to Burton coming on board involved Silver St Cloud, Rupert Thorne).

Is this why DC won't reprint the entire Strange Apparitions storyline outside of select issues in the Marshall Rogers collection? Because they're butthurt with Englehart?

Did Bruce Timm/Paul Dini ever once credit Englehart for all the storylines and characters of his they took and adapted for Batman TAS?

They fired the guy in charge of trades and since have been canceling the majority of prints and reprints.

They did. Didn't you pay attention to the credits of The Laughing Fish?

Attached: btas credits.png (861x476, 221K)

This has nothing to do with the question. You should consider lurking and reading more and not jumping into every conversation with barely relevant bits on info you read in other threads.

Ahem.
FUCK DC

Attached: Jokah baybeh.jpg (450x621, 93K)

>Based Timm/Dini

The Anti-Jews.

>They fired the guy in charge of trades and since have been canceling the majority of prints and reprints.

Fuuuuuck. THAT'S why the Shaman collection got delisted? And why the future volumes of Dark Knight Detective and Caped Crusader got delisted, too? That pisses me off.

Does work-for-hire owned by the publisher usually entitle the author to royalties for adaptations? Did Frank Miller, David Mazzuccelli, Jeph Loeb, Tim Sale, Denny O'Neil, etc. get any money for Batman '89 and The Dark Knight?

I think it's more about acknowledgement than royalties (most of them know they won't get a dime for their characters appearing on screen if their contracts don't entitle them to it). It's the principle of the thing, I guess.

Though some creators are entitled to royalties. Didn't Denny O'Neil get a check for Lucious Fox appearing in the Nolan trilogy?

You should maintain a shoulder-width stance, band at the knees, and carefully dislodge your head from your ass.

Read it nice and slow so you understand, you illiterate nigger: Englehart is pissed not just because DC's been picking at his stories for years, but because they canceled reprints he was previously promised.

Fucking idiot.

I am now reminded that this episode has Harley call Joker sick instead of being all lovey-dovey.
Len Wein you mean, not O'Neil.

>Len Wein you mean, not O'Neil.

Yeah, my bad. I think Wein even said that he got more money from DC using Lucious Fox in their movies than he ever got from Marvel putting Wolverine in their movies.

Depends on the contract. Dixon gets money for every Bane appearance

Attached: file.png (5100x6600, 3.27M)

It depends. Back when Paul Levitz was on board he and DC were more generous with crediting people if their stuff was used in a film, if the character or element was created in a comic. (Dini and Timm don't get money for Harley because they created her as work-for-hire for WB animation, which doesn't allow it, and Paul Levitz has no jurisdiction over it)

After Levitz stepped down, then you started seeing WB trying really hard to avoid paying creators for stuff.

In Englehart's case, he wouldn't be able to get anything for Batman 1989 because they ditched Silver and went with Vicki Vale (who predated Silver by decades, but wasn't used for a long time).

Based artists.

>they canceled reprints he was previously promised.
Sauce me on this statement, troglodyte. You better deliver on the exact words or I'm fucking doxxing your disrespectful ass.

The sheer audacity not just to talk back but to make shit up as well. What a little cunt.

>stealing pitches piecemeal and repackaging
DC has been doing this for years. The difference between me and englehart and I is they actually paid him for some of this and they just stole from my talent hunt submission for an entire character and storyline and a character name and that he's lost out on easily a hundred K.

If you're ever in the position don't pitch to DC because no pitch is prefaced by a guarantee. If you use ATT never send or receive your own files using their cable or data networks.

Doxx me, pissbaby. I double dog dare you. I'll Internet Tough Guy you right out of this awful thread.

DC wanted to attract talent when Kahn was in power, so she offered heavier contracts during her tenure that would promise bigger royalty payments for characters being used and for trade reprints IF the book hit a threshold they had for sales.
It's why Alan Grant moved over from doing UK work, because he was sick of getting fuck all from 2000AD. He and Wagner came over to write Detective comics, and Wagner quit because the book wasn't selling enough to get bonuses. Grant lied and didn't tell DC that Wagner quit, because he didn't want to lose that contract. Englehart's 'Tec started right after Kahn took over as President
>AG: John and I were working on Judge Dredd one day when we got a call from Denny O’Neil. Denny was saying that basically Detective Comics was selling below its break even point, they were making a loss on it as opposed to a profit, and there was talk of closing it down unless he could turn it around. He had the bright idea of giving it to a couple of Brits and seeing if we could come up with different stuff. He basically gave us a two issue trial and that’s when we used the Ventriloquist, which we had actually created for another story in 2000AD, but we used it in Batman instead. Denny liked the two issues and signed us up for a year. At that time you didn’t get royalties working for any British comics and John and I were looking forward to getting some royalties on Batman because American writers and artists got royalties depending on the sales. After five months or so the first royalty statements came in and the sales were still below break even and there were no royalties. John took one look at it and quit. Basically John and I wrote five issues together, and I wrote all the rest of the run on my own. I kept John’s name on the comic for the rest of the first year because we had signed a contract and I didn’t want to give DC any excuse to fire me.
>NB: Oh wow, I didn’t know that, or if I did I forgot.

>After Levitz stepped down, then you started seeing WB trying really hard to avoid paying creators for stuff.

Wasn't the reason we spent 30 years with a series of Black Lightning standins in TV shows because DC/WB didn't want to pay Tony Isabella royalties? So we got "Totally Not Black Lightning" characters like

>Black Vulcan
>Juice
>Static (lol)
>Soul Power

Now they finally worked something out with him and we're seeing Black Lightning everywhere.

>angry 14 year old

No sauce then, just as I suspected--piss of shit baboon who exists only to regurgitate and corrupt whatever little new crumbs of info manage to fall onto this godawful echochamber of a board.

Wanna enlight us all with a previously unheard yarn about Steranko slapping Bob Kane while you're at it? Cunt?

>AG: That’s a long time ago now Norm.
>NB: That’s true. Did John ever tell you later on that he wished he’d stayed?
>AG: John could never bring himself to say it, but I could see the sick look in his eyes when I showed him some of the royalty cheques that I got from Batman. After the Burton movie came out and sales went into the stratosphere, royalties went up amazingly.
>NB: Do you remember what the sales point, what the break even point was in numbers?
>AG: When we first started on it, it was 80,000 per month and Detective was selling 75,000.
>NB: 80,000 is a great success these days.
>AG: Yeah. I know, I know.
>NB: So were they lying to us about the break even point back then?
>AG: No, but it was a news-stand title back then and if you look at the price it was about seventy five cents and if you look at the price of a comic now it’s about $2.75. When we started on Detective I’m pretty sure it was seventy five cents and it was selling approximately 75,000. It was like that for the first year, maybe a year and a half that we were on it and suddenly the Burton movie was released and sales shot up to 650,000 for the three issues with the Demon in them.
>NB: That’s why we got a demand for a lot of Batman work.
>AG: That three part Demon cross over is one of my favourites.
ohdannyboy.blogspot.com/2007/01/batman-alan-grant-norm-breyfogle-speak.html
Wein was notorious for cutting cheques to people for movie adaptations. But he's dead, and Levitz is gone, so the current people managing DC from WB/AT&T don't want to pay out anything extra, so that's part of why barely any 1980s DC is collected

Vicki appeared in Conway's undderrated run in the early 80s

Go back to your grave, Bob. Your headstone was the best work you've ever put out, and I'm sure it was still written by someone else.

I remember you from a thread long ago. Wasn't it Gerard Way who stole from you?

His wife wrote the headstone.

I thought you were gonna dox him, loser.

Where's the doxx, faggot?

With Tony Isabella and Black Lightning I don't really know what happened but it sounded like something went wrong on DC's part back then. That said his and Englehart's Batman were published in the 70's at around the time Kahn came in, so I assume they didn't have the royalties thing in place yet. I know it was around with Ostrander's Suicide Squad which was why it was a headache for everyone to get that reprinted.

Static doesn't really count because he's not owned by DC outright. Milestone still holds onto the rights for him.

I already did 35 minutes ago. What are you, a one man cheerleader squad? Fuck off with you gay ass miniskirt shit, faggot.

Pathetic. What else is expected.

Are the people at WB aware that even if they had to pay royalties they'd still be making sales instead of making absolutely nothing by not publishing this material?

Post the doxx you coward.

Yikes, go samefag in an Endgame thread, loser.

>so the current people managing DC from WB/AT&T don't want to pay out anything extra, so that's part of why barely any 1980s DC is collected

There is also the profitability issue. Apparently the royalty deals make the collections unprofitable.

You're talking about companies that avoid using characters where they have to pay a few thousand to use for movies while simultaneously spending millions on actors to portray these same characters.

I think it's what said
Which might be why they wait until a character gets used in a movie of TV show before reprinting.

The last two are responses to two different statements. That's not samefagging, that's demanding you put your money where your mouth is.

Most of the canned trades get the axe because there's not enough demand to justify the production costs. Of course, a major part of that is the absolute uselessness of Big 2's marketing departments but that's a discussion for a whole other thread.

Ah yes.

Attached: Satan pls.png (503x790, 550K)

Sad DC Fan Is Sad

So say we all

When Paul Levitz was in charge he'd make sure the comic book guys got a 'non-royalty' called participation payment, which wasn't as good as it should have been BUT it was better than nothing. A few years back Diane Nelson tried to kill the program but Didio & Lee, in a rare display of bravery actually pushed back & defended it.

Engleheart is in a weird spot cuz while they might have pilfered a few things there simply isn't a 'laughing fish' in the films he can point at and say "Thats mine!"

>they just stole from my talent hunt submission for an entire character and storyline and a character name
what was the character that got stolen?

I'd rather put my penis where your mouth is. Doxx shit is all fun and games but faggots running around letting everyone know they read some shit on Yea Forums has greatly contributed to the discussion quality decline.

I see you AND a few more Anons are more interested in playing around with the doxx thing rather than talk about Englehart, creator rights, state of reprint programs, royalties for adaptations etc. More power to you, egghead

>oh wait, there's never been one
Based madman.

You're the lying cocksleeve that brought it up. You did this to yourself, you moron.

or rather, not as profitable as WB would like. Marvel doesn't have this problem because they never developed a royalty program like that

Based Marvel fucking over its creators and maximizing the company's profits.

Didio has held the reigns at DC far too long and his cronies King and Bendis are bailing water in as fast as they can help. In this modern age, DC deserves a better chief.

What do Didio, King or Bendis have to do with DC's decision not to publish Dark Detective II after Marshall Rogers' death?

Bob Harass is still the Editor-In-Chief, so he has power over the currently-being-published stuff.
Didio and Lee are co-publishers, so they get to influence what gets recollected (which has been quite a bit of recut versions of New 52 stuff recently). Lee's also the CCO after Johns got fired.

It's some drive-by snarker that doesn't read threads.

Not him, but Didio is someone who if he doesn't like a idea/story/pitch/concept, he'll do everything to sabotage or torpedo it. He is kind of my way or the highway type of a person.

Whatever, here's the scripts and the finished pencils for the first issue

Attached: DD III #1 1.jpg (1275x1650, 296K)

Attached: DD III #1 2.jpg (1275x1650, 106K)

Got any stories about Didio's pettiness? I'd love to read a couple

Attached: DD III #1 3.jpg (1275x1650, 132K)

Attached: DD III #1 4.jpg (1275x1650, 220K)

>BAT (thot)

Attached: 1410224491046.jpg (651x719, 22K)

Attached: DD III #1 5.jpg (1275x1650, 319K)

Attached: DD III #1 6.jpg (1275x1650, 223K)

>implying Batman isn't a thot

Attached: DD III #1 7.jpg (1275x1650, 239K)

Attached: DD III #1 8.jpg (1275x1650, 272K)

52. Basically he spoiled the ending where it's revealed the multiverse was back by revealing it months before hand in one of his columns. Also Sue Dibny was suppose to come back in 52, instead he scrapped the script and wrote an ending where Ralph died instead.

Attached: DD III #1 9.jpg (1275x1650, 259K)

Attached: DD III #1 10.jpg (1275x1650, 349K)

All this talk od royalties, laws and policies is great and all, but is this worth the read? And since the link seems to be dead, where could I read it?

Attached: DD III #1 11.jpg (1275x1650, 254K)

Attached: DD III #1 12.jpg (1275x1650, 60K)

Attached: DD III #1 13.jpg (1275x1650, 247K)

The link isn't dead. Also yeah, the initial Detective run is one of the best Batman comics period.

Attached: DD III #1 14.jpg (1275x1650, 246K)

>is this worth the read
Englehart's Batman is THE BATMAN. It's what Batman the Animated Series draws from the most.
>link seems to be dead
Did you click the word "FREE" or the word "here"?

Attached: DD III #1 15.jpg (1275x1650, 299K)

There's a "Legends of the Dark Knight: Steve Englehart" collection in the edelweiss catalogue for a January 2020 release
>n 1977 comics writer Steve Englehart left Marvel Comics following acclaimed runs on titles like The Avengers, Captain America and Doctor Strange, and came to DC to write the adventures of Batman in the pages of Detective Comics. Together with rising-star artist Marshall Rogers, Englehart crafted a dark, moody run of stories in which Batman faces his own lonely existence while struggling against one of his earliest foes, Dr. Hugo Strange. This run also includes the renowned “Joker Fish” storyline in which the Clown Prince of Crime comes up with his most off-the-wall scheme ever, along with a 2006 miniseries in which The Joker runs for office with the slogan “Vote for me or I’ll kill you!”
>This volume collects Detective Comics #469-476, #478 and #479, and Batman: Dark Detective #1-6.
Did they cancel that?

Attached: DD III #1 16.jpg (1275x1650, 214K)

Attached: DD III #1 17.jpg (1275x1650, 221K)

Attached: DD III #1 18.jpg (1275x1650, 185K)

Attached: DD III #1 19.jpg (1275x1650, 167K)

Attached: DD III #1 20.jpg (1275x1650, 244K)

Attached: DD III #1 21.jpg (1275x1650, 387K)

Attached: DD III #1 22.jpg (1275x1650, 340K)

Attached: DD III #1 23.jpg (1275x1650, 69K)

Let me know when the link dies. I've got mirrors ready. Spent the better part of an hour cutting up the giant CBZ file into separate collections and issues.

Original run, yes, the sequel is fun for the Joker stuff.

Attached: DD III #1 24.jpg (1275x1650, 253K)

Attached: DD III #1 art1 .jpg (2091x3153, 3.05M)

You aren't doxxing shit you faggot.

My bad, "Free" still seems dead to me (might be retarded tho), but "here" works

The first two arcs are easily available elsewhere really. The real treasures are the scripts and DD3 #1. I'll convertthe jpg scripts into word files and upload them later.

Attached: DD III #1 art2 .jpg (1479x2285, 1.81M)

And "here" is what you're meant to click, user my friend.
Enjoy the truest of Batkino now.

Attached: DD III #1 art3 .jpg (1479x2285, 1.78M)

Can't interrupt the storytime with a reaction image so I'll just say based, thanks kind sir.

Attached: DD III #1 art4 .jpg (1479x2285, 1.75M)

DC scrapped this in favor of the Kevin Smith Batman story where he talks about wetting himself in Year One and then killed Silver off in the gory conclusion. You can tell someone at DC had a hateboner for Engelhart.

Attached: DD III #1 art5 .jpg (1479x2285, 1.77M)

Even if they're available elsewhere, more mirrors can't hurt.

You're welcome! I figured that somebody might want everything in here in one place, and I also know that the big collection won't be available forever.

Attached: DD III #1 art6 .jpg (1479x2285, 1.88M)

Attached: DD III #1 art7 .jpg (1479x2285, 1.78M)

Attached: DD III #1 art8 .jpg (1479x2285, 1.73M)

Smith said Silver was just heavily injured but since the two minis sold worse and worse (can't imagine why) they never greenlit the third one. Also he used to spend a lot of time smoking pot and not writing his scripts so that didn't help (Daredevil/Bullseye: The Target is still unfinished)

Attached: DD III #1 art9.jpg (1479x2285, 1.68M)

>DC scrapped this in favor of
They scrapped it becuase Rogers died while penciling the book and they didn't want to hire someone else and make themselves look like a soulless corporate machine. Stop making shit up.

Attached: DD III #1 art10 .jpg (1479x2285, 1.85M)

Kevin was never the most reliable worker...

>DC
>didn't want to make themselves look like a soulless corporate machine

Attached: DD III #1 art11 .jpg (1479x2285, 1.7M)

Attached: DD III #1 art12 .jpg (1479x2285, 1.75M)

Attached: DD III #1 art13 .jpg (1479x2285, 1.93M)

Between Marvel and DC I'd argue most Marvel fuckups can be traced back to business decisions and most DC fuckups are mostly due to someone going "I don't get it" or "I don't like it". They're also more willing to take on experimental publishing initiatives (and give up six months later because short term profit is the king)

Looking at the cape here makes me want to learn how to draw.
I hate this feeling. I'm lazy, fuck off.

Attached: DD III #1 art14 .jpg (1479x2285, 1.91M)

Attached: DD III #1 art15 .jpg (1479x2285, 1.61M)

Attached: DD III #1 art16 .jpg (1479x2285, 1.89M)

Attached: DD III #1 art17 .jpg (1479x2285, 1.83M)

Attached: DD III #1 art18 .jpg (1759x2700, 3.15M)

Attached: DD III #1 art19 .jpg (1479x2285, 1.79M)

Oh god, that website layout caught me by surprise and caused a massive wave of nostalgia.
Also, I had no idea Englehart's been working on videogames and cartoons too. That's pretty cool.
Downloading that zip right now.

Attached: DD III #1 art20 .jpg (1643x2538, 1.79M)

Attached: DD III #1 art21 .jpg (1479x2285, 1.76M)

Attached: DD III #1 art22 .jpg (1479x2285, 1.6M)

Attached: DD III #2 1.jpg (1275x1650, 257K)

Attached: DD III #2 2.jpg (1275x1650, 233K)

Attached: DD III #2 3.jpg (1275x1650, 251K)

Attached: DD III #2 4.jpg (1275x1650, 293K)

Attached: DD III #2 5.jpg (1275x1650, 229K)

Attached: DD III #2 6.jpg (1275x1650, 283K)

Attached: DD III #2 7.jpg (1275x1650, 329K)

Attached: DD III #2 8.jpg (1275x1650, 184K)

Attached: DD III #2 9.jpg (1275x1650, 244K)

Attached: DD III #2 10.jpg (1275x1650, 140K)

Attached: DD III #2 11.jpg (1275x1650, 216K)

Attached: DD III #2 12.jpg (1275x1650, 112K)

Attached: DD III #2 13.jpg (1275x1650, 134K)

Attached: DD III #2 14.jpg (1275x1650, 106K)

Attached: DD III #2 15.jpg (1275x1650, 102K)

Attached: DD III #2 16.jpg (1275x1650, 105K)

It pisses me off because 80s DC is my favorite era of Cape comics

Attached: DD III #2 17.jpg (1275x1650, 131K)

Nice ass.

Attached: DD III #2 18.jpg (1275x1650, 228K)

Attached: DD III #2 19.jpg (1275x1650, 210K)

Attached: DD III #2 20.jpg (1275x1650, 207K)

Attached: DD III #2 21.jpg (1275x1650, 210K)

Attached: DD III #2 22.jpg (1275x1650, 252K)

Attached: DD III #3 1.jpg (1275x1650, 236K)

Attached: DD III #3 2.jpg (1275x1650, 69K)

Attached: DD III #3 3.jpg (1275x1650, 109K)

Attached: DD III #3 4.jpg (1275x1650, 174K)

Attached: DD III #3 5.jpg (1275x1650, 288K)

Attached: DD III #3 6.jpg (1275x1650, 225K)

Attached: DD III #3 7.jpg (1275x1650, 283K)

Attached: DD III #3 8.jpg (1275x1650, 191K)

Attached: DD III #3 9.jpg (1275x1650, 240K)

Englehart should be a millionaire off of Star-Lord and Mantis alone, but I'm betting he didn't see a dime.
I cannot stand how much the MCU curbs from classic stories and characterization without even giving the creators a courtesy nod, except for Lee and Kirby, who are fucking dead anyway.

Attached: DD III #3 10.jpg (1275x1650, 306K)

Attached: DD III #3 11.jpg (1275x1650, 262K)

Attached: DD III #3 12.jpg (1275x1650, 215K)

Attached: DD III #3 13.jpg (1275x1650, 176K)

>I cannot stand how much the MCU curbs from classic stories and characterization without even giving the creators a courtesy nod, except for Lee and Kirby, who are fucking dead anyway.

You mean like in the credits in general, or the opening credits?

Attached: DD III #3 14.jpg (1275x1650, 190K)

Attached: DD III #3 15.jpg (1275x1650, 132K)

Attached: DD III #3 16.jpg (1275x1650, 205K)

Attached: DD III #3 17.jpg (1275x1650, 268K)

Attached: DD III #3 18.jpg (1275x1650, 185K)

Attached: DD III #3 19.jpg (1275x1650, 254K)

Finally starting to understand the push to the moon and back Harley has gotten

Attached: DD III #3 20.jpg (1275x1650, 216K)

I'm not that user but I would assume accreditation and royalty payments in general. We talked earlier in this thread about how Paul Levitz arranged it for DC Comics' creators to receive royalties for their characters and stories being utilized in future projects to the point that Len Wein has received more money from Lucius Fox's usage in the Dark Knight Trilogy than any of Wolverine's appearances in Fox's X-Men films.

I could have sworn there was another controversy recently regarding royalties from an MCU film not being cordoned out to an appropriate party.

Attached: DD III #3 21.jpg (1275x1650, 335K)

Attached: DD III #3 22.jpg (1275x1650, 59K)

Attached: DD III #3 23.jpg (1275x1650, 278K)

Attached: DD III #4 1.jpg (1275x1650, 239K)

Attached: DD III #4 2.jpg (1275x1650, 193K)

Was it Starlin with Thanos/Gamora/Drax?

Attached: DD III #4 3.jpg (1275x1650, 225K)

Mantlo and Rocket Raccoon? His brother's running an indiegogo campaign currently to raise something like $100,000 for bills

Attached: DD III #4 4.jpg (1275x1650, 244K)

Attached: DD III #4 5.jpg (1275x1650, 138K)

Attached: DD III #4 6.jpg (1275x1650, 133K)

Attached: DD III #4 7.jpg (1275x1650, 102K)

Attached: DD III #4 8.jpg (1275x1650, 160K)

Attached: DD III #4 9.jpg (1275x1650, 128K)

Attached: DD III #4 10.jpg (1275x1650, 141K)

Attached: DD III #4 11.jpg (1275x1650, 323K)

Attached: DD III #4 12.jpg (1275x1650, 237K)

Marvel is paying Mantlo's medical bills, it's his brother is in financial trouble

I think it might be the latter one, yeah.

Attached: DD III #4 13.jpg (1275x1650, 237K)

Yeah royalty payments is an issue, I think, though in Wein's case, that's a combined Marvel/Fox issue.

Starlin's beef is mainly with the Marvel publishing division. He appears to be okay with Marvel Studios (even cameoed in Endgame).

On top of that Marvel Studios does acknowledge a lot of creators in their credits. I don't know about royalties though.

Attached: DD III #4 14.jpg (1275x1650, 259K)

Attached: DD III #4 15.jpg (1275x1650, 234K)

Attached: DD III #4 16.jpg (1275x1650, 305K)

Ah I see, he updated the description.

Attached: DD III #4 17.jpg (1275x1650, 248K)

Attached: DD III #4 18.jpg (1275x1650, 179K)

Attached: DD III #4 19.jpg (1275x1650, 240K)

Attached: DD III #4 20.jpg (1275x1650, 151K)

Attached: DD III #4 21.jpg (1275x1650, 230K)

Attached: DD III #4 22.jpg (1275x1650, 107K)

Attached: DD III #5 1.jpg (1275x1650, 270K)

Attached: DD III #5 2.jpg (1275x1650, 202K)

Attached: DD III #5 3.jpg (1275x1650, 188K)

Attached: DD III #5 4.jpg (1275x1650, 254K)

Attached: DD III #5 5.jpg (1275x1650, 224K)

Attached: DD III #5 6.jpg (1275x1650, 301K)

Attached: DD III #5 7.jpg (1275x1650, 251K)

Attached: DD III #5 8.jpg (1275x1650, 272K)

Attached: DD III #5 9.jpg (1275x1650, 166K)

Attached: DD III #5 10.jpg (1275x1650, 205K)

Attached: DD III #5 11.jpg (1275x1650, 245K)

Attached: DD III #5 12.jpg (1275x1650, 178K)

Attached: DD III #5 13.jpg (1275x1650, 191K)

Attached: DD III #5 14.jpg (1275x1650, 181K)

Attached: DD III #5 15.jpg (1275x1650, 183K)

Both.

Maybe give a "Based on 'The Infinity Gauntlet' by Jim Starlin, George Perez and Ron Lim" or "Based on a story by Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting" for movies that are literally named after comic storylines or specifically based on them, even if very loosely.

At the very least give a "Thanos created by Jim Starling" and "Winter Soldier created by Ed Brubaker and Steve Epting" in addition to the standard Stan and Jack/Steve line in all the movies.

For movies that pull small elements from a lot of different stories, maybe give a "Special thanks to Dennis O'Neil, Bob Layton, and Warren Ellis", and then in the credits give a big special thanks list to basically everybody who you drew from, which I saw DC do to a degree with WW, though it left out some creators.

Attached: DD III #5 16.jpg (1275x1650, 180K)

Attached: DD III #5 17.jpg (1275x1650, 179K)

Attached: DD III #5 18.jpg (1275x1650, 167K)

Attached: DD III #5 19.jpg (1275x1650, 164K)

Attached: DD III #5 20.jpg (1275x1650, 233K)

Attached: DD III #5 21.jpg (1275x1650, 117K)

Attached: DD III #5 22.jpg (1275x1650, 154K)

Attached: DD III #6 1.jpg (1275x1650, 301K)

Attached: DD III #6 2.jpg (1275x1650, 213K)

DC does it because they are contractually obligated to in most cases to credit the original creators. Not the case with Marvel.

Attached: DD III #6 3.jpg (1275x1650, 192K)

Attached: DD III #6 4.jpg (1275x1650, 168K)

Attached: DD III #6 5.jpg (1275x1650, 215K)

Attached: DD III #6 6.jpg (1275x1650, 210K)

Attached: DD III #6 7.jpg (1275x1650, 134K)

Attached: DD III #6 8.jpg (1275x1650, 165K)

Attached: DD III #6 9.jpg (1275x1650, 235K)

Attached: DD III #6 10.jpg (1275x1650, 214K)

Attached: DD III #6 11.jpg (1275x1650, 124K)

Attached: DD III #6 12.jpg (1275x1650, 198K)

Attached: DD III #6 13.jpg (1275x1650, 192K)

Attached: DD III #6 14.jpg (1275x1650, 194K)

Attached: DD III #6 15.jpg (1275x1650, 189K)

Attached: DD III #6 16.jpg (1275x1650, 192K)

Attached: DD III #6 17.jpg (1275x1650, 159K)

Attached: DD III #6 18.jpg (1275x1650, 216K)

Attached: DD III #6 19.jpg (1275x1650, 287K)

Attached: DD III #6 20.jpg (1275x1650, 185K)

Attached: DD III #6 21.jpg (1275x1650, 252K)

Attached: DD III #6 22.jpg (1275x1650, 140K)

And that's it

Attached: DD IV #1-6.jpg (1275x1650, 288K)

I was gonna do this if/when the link died, but I'll leave it in here for the archive to grab.

Batman
Detective Comics
Dark Detective
Steve Englehart
Marshall Rogers
Forever!

mega.nz/#F!1pMSHSSQ
Decryption key: E99weJWh255WFhcHzQdFyg

Didn't stop them from doing just that with Before Watchmen Nite Owl.

Based

It also has the unpublished version of the last page of Dark Detective #2

Attached: DD II-181.jpg (1940x1472, 2.42M)

Different regime. Before Watchmen was a shitfest on a whole other level.

Plus Joe was "only" inking it, and inking his son at that.

had no idea that Deadshot originated in the late Golden Age/early Silver age, kinda surprising that they'd bring him back 27 years after his original appearance

What happened here? Did everybody get poisoned? Were people trampled trying to escape? Did some people make it out? Did most of them make it out? They don't mention it at all for the rest of the story which seems so weird since this is a potentially pretty high body count too.

Attached: Batman's Detective Comics #470 (1976) - 07.jpg (1024x1506, 318K)

He was introduced in 1950 so definitely Golden Age. I think he had only one appearance, and the 1970's Englehart/Rogers run is his second appearance, giving him the costume people know him for wearing.

Similarly Hugo Strange was used a few times in the early years of Batman but then was set aside and mostly forgotten after the early 40's, up until he got brought back in the Englehart/Rogers run and they had him learn Batman is Bruce Wayne.

Chief O'Hara says "it was terrible" and I guess that was about it.

do they even give nods to Kirby?

so is DC basically waiting for these guys to die so they can reprint their stuff without having to pay them??

Basically. Unless stuff transfers to their estate too (like Neal Adams has been fighting for)

I feel you user. But pick up the pencil and do it, dammit. Go to /ic/ let them push you to the precipice of depression as you download loomis and take the first steps on the trail.

merci

DC should die so these guys can reprint their stuff

>Bill Finger first AND Bob Kane
I like this man.

It's getting reprinted. DC just announced in their latest solicitations, an Englehart collection of his Detective Comics run and Dark Detective #1-6.

It's also been rumored that Bendis played a huge role in this: they were contractually obligated to reprint EVERYTHING he's done creator-owned wise. Which in turn, sold for shit because a lot of Bendis' creator owned shit is still widely available in terms of the Marvel TPBs sitting unsold at local comic shops.

This pretty much destroyed all sales projections for DC's trade sales for 2018-2019, since no one wants Bendis' creator owned shit with the DC logo on it but they HAVE TO PUBLISH IT.

As such, DC has been cancelling a huge amount of their TPB/HCs or in certain cases (Titans omnibus V4 and Absolute Swamp Thing) moving it to the end of the year to deal with how Bendis has pretty much made DC's trade division unpopular due to his prima donna demands.

Fine.

Attached: Jim approves.png (607x625, 686K)

Say what you will about this board but you guys really deliver on cool shit like this.

Attached: 1446060665633.gif (465x360, 496K)

Do you have proof of that or is this another one of your fanfics?

Not the user you're replying to but this is a lot less surprising because Hugo Strange 100% feels like a product of the golden age as much as Deadshot feels like a product of the bronze age.

>maybe give a "Special thanks to Dennis O'Neil, Bob Layton, and Warren Ellis", and then in the credits give a big special thanks list to basically everybody who you drew from, which I saw DC do to a degree with WW, though it left out some creators.
I could've sworn Ant-Man and the Wasp did this, I remember seeing Nick Spencer's name somewhere in there.

I think that's probably because they didn't need to change him at all. Deadshot they revamped him and gave him a look that fit in with the Bronze Age.

They did. Endgame did it too. I think Infinity War and Age of Ultron might've done it as well, but I can't remember.

everything regarding Bendis coming to DC has been a disaster, it'll be interesting how long DC will try to make this work for them before they decide to give him the boot

>thot

Attached: t0U3Y7g.jpg (256x352, 17K)

This thread is fucking blessed, thanks Yea Forums

bump

Bump