Wow this guy can't review worth a shit... weird because he was bad, but not this bad

youtube.com/watch?v=jw5oud8hTS0

Wow this guy can't review worth a shit... weird because he was bad, but not this bad.
This is AVGN's Predator levels of bad.

Seems like Doug Walker needs a producer-director to do all the editing while he's doing his bullshit role.

Attached: 1PLTp3j.png (706x533, 454K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Ta-4H92CkA
youtube.com/watch?v=km9vYa2GIUI
youtube.com/watch?v=Mhfdw74erqc
youtu.be/1TeBl6jOHtU
youtube.com/watch?v=pZ-Sy11mvZU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>This is AVGN's Predator levels of bad
Whoa you need to back the fuck up. Cinemassecre is Max level of comfy

Attached: hqdefault (2).jpg (480x360, 38K)

This isn't new and anybody with half a brain could have picked up on BEING ANGRY AND SCREAMING AT EVERYTHING AND MAKING FACES shtick years ago.

Attached: somethingoff.png (604x453, 49K)

No no not the movie, the video game. When he took a massive break only to come back with some of the more boring episodes ever. Granted the source material was boring as hell, but he didn't help it.
youtube.com/watch?v=0Ta-4H92CkA
youtube.com/watch?v=km9vYa2GIUI

The overly simplified take where he has nothing really interesting to say and doesn't even bother playing through the games and showing you off their endings.

He seems to have taken a short break from those 2 losers then they came back again.

His commentary has gotten really boring to the point he's just walking you through the movie, but he's leaving out all the good parts of the movie. He ends up being far more boring than a sports commentator.

He used to at the very least make reviews at this level of acceptable:
youtube.com/watch?v=Mhfdw74erqc

>He didn't like the tag scene.

His best modern review is A Goofy Movie
youtu.be/1TeBl6jOHtU

I like how calm this guy is, but that's about the only thing I like about him, he's another bland plot reciter

Doug wanted to quit being the Nostalgia Critic like 5 or 6 years ago. Demo Reel was supposed to be his ticket to the major leagues. He FAILED.

Now he's trapped being the NC for the rest of his life and he's knows it. That's why most of his NC videos are just stealth Demo Reel shorts, full of unrelated and unfunny sketches with those two shitty actors he keeps around. He resents being the NC but knows he can never outgrow it so he tries to live out his Demo Reel dreams through that identity, but loses more followers every day as a result.

I took a break from him and I'm seeing him reviewing a lot of modern movies that half of them I've watched.

I've watched his recent Sonic 1999 movie review and it's very dull and empty in actual reviewing.
There's much less energy and awareness and things to say compared to when he reviewed the 2 sonic shows together and compared them. All of his awareness is very fleeting.

He wouldn't mention a quarter of the things this guy has to say and wouldn't be able to present his review as convincing because it isn't conclusive and informative. He fell into the same meek boring commentary and going through the motions effortless trash that James Rolfe did in his 2011 videos.

He's putting half the effort into it but in the wrong place. Shitty witty commentary apparently doesn't make for good informative reviews/analysis.

Demo Reel only failed because his literally autistic fanbase wasn't used to the change in their routine.

It's funny because if for whatever reason he can't do NC anymore (youtube goes down or copyright laws become more strict), Doug is pretty much fucked. His fans won't accept a new show, and unlike James Rolfe or RLM, he has 0 education in film production, and it's not like he's honed his skills over time. Rolfe and RLM had actual jobs making videos before their channels got big. No one's going to hire Doug to make videos, and he can't go back to being a janitor after pulling this stunt quitting:

youtube.com/watch?v=pZ-Sy11mvZU

>Demo Reel only failed because his literally autistic fanbase wasn't used to the change in their routine.

Did you WATCH Demo Reel? It failed because it was terrible.

>PPG is like a mix of Ren and Stimpy and anime
This is what Doug actually believes

He was a janitor? seriously? shall I ask for college...?

How does someone make videos for a living for 15 years and never get any better at it? His cinematography, lighting, scripting, editing... it's every bit as bad now as it was over a decade ago. Even if he didn't go to film school or have any professional training like James, usually if someone does something every day for THIS long they get better at it. What the Hell is Doug's problem?

It was terrible, but not much worse than his NC videos. It was just different and Doug's literally autistic fanbase don't like things that are different. He could cancel NC again to create a new show that's Citizen Kane levels of quality and his fans will threaten suicide if he doesn't bring NC back.

I know this because I used to be an NC fan and was a regular on his message board site. Nearly all the complaints about Demo Reel were, "not muh NC."

I can /kind/ of get what he means. PPG had an influence from both. Stylistically though McCracken is closer to UPA stuff.

He's just a relic from a bygone era. A trailblazer who never adapted or changed.

Then again there aren't very many good cartoon reviewers/critics out there anyway.

News flash: Doug has literally never, EVER, been good. He's never been a good reviewer. His videos have never been particularly insightful, informative, interesting, or funny. He was simply at the right place at the right time, road on other people's coattails to fame, and built an empire that has been slowly crumbling as more and more people realize this truth simple truth. Nothing he has done or is doing is being done better by the vast majority of his contemporaries, from critical analysis to editing to joke writing to general production quality. His tired shtick has long since run it's course, but he continues to run it into the ground NOT because his autistic fanbase can't accept change like some would have you believe. It's because he's not talented or self aware enough to pivot and update his content to modern standards.

He's a hack, and sooner or later he'll be crawling back to that shitty janitor job.

Attached: tgwtg autism.png (2958x3433, 1.16M)

>Stylistically though McCracken is closer to UPA stuff.

Doug wouldn't know what UPA is.

You don't, you actually devolve, you "flanderize" yourself if you keep doing the same thing the wrong way over and over again. It's how bad things are born.
My grandmother still cannot cook worth a shit to this day. And let me tell you, somebody who never cooked in his life ends up being a better cook than her.

AVGN fell into the same bullshit before they rebooted his "show" with a proper script writer and a proper editor.

This guy over here doesn't fall into the bad commentary trash which both AVGN and NC fell. He didn't learn bad practices and didn't hone shitty skills.

He's on the right track to learning the right way.

>How does someone make videos for a living for 15 years and never get any better at it?
This user has it right: Basically, if you keep making the same mistakes over and over again with no one to point them out to you and help you fix them, you get trapped in a pattern and it only becomes harder and harder to extract yourself from it the longer you do it. It's why teachers and mentors exist, as much as the "self taught" crowd insist upon not needing them. But usually, even the self-taught artists can either see for themselves when something can be improved and diagnose how to improve it, or their audience will give them the feedback they need to identify their shortcomings and figure out how to overcome them.

But if you have a huge EGO, that makes improving your craft even harder. Who is a teacher to tell you how to get better? Who is your audience to tell you where your mistakes are? What do THEY know? After all, YOU'RE the artist; you know what you're doing!

And so Doug, having no proper training of any kind and being much too ego-driven to ever self reflect or accept criticism/pointers, has been making the same shit for nearly 20 years and will never, EVER get any better.