Why does the MCU hate the source material so much?

Why does the MCU hate the source material so much?

Attached: po6ei2q60w39.jpg (600x483, 142K)

Because things that work in a comic for nerds of the past don’t work well for normalfags of today.

You don’t have to say everything. Did you miss the part where Steve was standing alone against Thanos’ army?

I thought they would quote this part specifically when happened

Because the movies act as the greatest hits. They can never catch up to accurately portray the source material. They've been making MCU films for 11 years and they're not even close to even be able to do the "real Civil War". Who said they should accurately portray it either? Raimi Spider-Man is barely a 1-1 adaptation and it's still good.

They let actions speak louder than words.

I don't know OP, maybe it's because the source material are fucking comics?

This. Everything Thanos has pours out of his ship, it's a world killer sized force. And facing that, alone, Cap STANDS THE FUCK UP.

At that point, you don't need words.

>Omnipotent Thanos
>Literally too slow to hit Captain America
And to think that this here is considered one of the highest points of Marvel's writing. LMFAO.

Because who's going to actually call them out on their shit? The normies and casuals that fill the theaters that lack reference to whatever is being bastardized on the screen? They don't care so long as spineless critics give it a passing grade and rt certifies it as fresh and keep the assembly line going. Pew pew quip pew. Best to get in with herd and drop your funny books. They dont matter.

And, obviously the real answer is that the speech works better in a comic. At that point in the movie, Cap is tired, injured, pushed to his limit. If he has the strength to make a speech, it lessens that feeling of hopelessness he should be facing. They take time, play it slow, focus on the effort he's making just to keep going at all.

On a comic page, words help slow the pace. The more Cap talks, the longer this moment lasts, and it's the moment right before Surfer makes his dash for the gauntlet. You need to slow it down, leave the reader anticipating that next page turn to see the result.

I think I cut myself on all of this edge

Calm down Shadow the Hedgehog

Always fun to pull this out

Attached: 24B293E4-9A9A-4C64-B131-3F4502C0908E.jpg (470x1029, 48K)

Hey, memers, how's the day going?

weak bait

The MCU was left with the shit that no one else wanted the licenses for and managed to make decent movies by ignoring a lot of the comics.

This, and he did it twice. OP is just butthurt.

Attached: _13e80dba-1ca8-11e9-b190-a6170a1d34c9.jpg (960x530, 45K)

Because Marvel has shit and gay comics.

>managed to make decent movies
Huh?

Disney, SJWs, shitnergy, Tactikewl (No Capes!) & Normies.

plain and simple.

>MCUcks hate the comics
>Marvel fans hate the comics after watching the movies
This is seriously sad.

MCU was garbage all around because it made the characters into obnoxious jokes who are mad at each other because they have no other emotions other than Quip and Sick Snark.

Normies (Faggots) just want to everything to be ''self aware'' which is why we had shit garbage like Paul Figs gimmicky parodies, or shit that cannot be genuine and sincere no more, and on the other hand we had try hard but controlled edgy shit that was DCMU.

I think what he meant to say was "made the most successful and popular movie franchise in history".

Star Wars?

But he is right.

HE HELD THE LINE

You gotta wonder what kind of show ATLA would have been if Azula and Zuko had had their roles swapped.

This

>Why is this respectable work not using corny lines from kids media?

Attached: 1432356335806.png (466x720, 98K)

>MCU
>not kids media
Wat

Remember when Marvel did this scene again but with Falcon going up against Captain Hydra?

Sad that most super fights work like this. Batman shouldn’t be able to punch/kick people like Superman, WW, Darkseid etc around, but he does, and often. It should look something more like pic related.

Attached: D663ECA2-1B9D-4C3C-ABA2-7E5A60A23792.gif (640x360, 558K)

Cause the source material is genuinely bad.

>Who said they should accurately portray it either? Raimi Spider-Man is barely a 1-1 adaptation and it's still good.

This.

Infinity Gauntlet is such a superior thing to both IW and Endgame, it's weird to even see people saying otherwise.
At least equate the movie IW to the Comic IW< who actually sucked.

>Batman shouldn’t be able to punch/kick people like Superman, WW, Darkseid etc around, but he does,
Oh?

A cosmic being like Darksied should be too fast for a mere human like Batman to face. Let the heavy hitters do their jobs.

Thor, Vision, and Doctor Strange all have capes.

You're a retard

Because it's not profitable enough for old Uncle Mickey. Same as the source material for Star Wars.

>MCU
>respectable work
>not kids' media

Thanos was deliberately holding back during this part to give Death a show.

where does it say Darkseid is supposed to be fast?

>no capes
Thor
Vision
Loki
Ronan
Strange
Mysterio
Ego
Wanda and quil have trench coats which you could argue are even more dangerous to be wearing out in battle
T’Challa does have his Chris priest cape because it makes zero fucking sense and would look retarded

It comes with the territory. Doomsday and Hulk may not look it, but they are fast. Not all big guys are slow.

>It comes with the territory.
Where does it say that?

Characters with capes can fly
Characters without can’t
Tony being the obvious exception, because he wears that suit

Ronan can't fly
Captain Marvel can fly
Falcon can fly
War Machine can fly (although that's covered under Iron Man)

This.

Attached: pwayj3mzeku21.jpg (2536x1071, 147K)

The guy can perceive and counter punches from Superman. You think Superman is assaulting him at human speeds and force? Nigga please.

show me a page where Darkseid counters a punch from Superman. Not takes a punch from Superman. Actively deflects and counters a punch from Superman.

this
and also this

Fuck OP

Just because it 100% adapts the source material doesn't mean the source material is good.

Attached: 1551372541021.jpg (720x726, 23K)

This guy knows his shit

>Characters without can’t
starlord?

Yeah, fuck them for trying to give everyone a new story

And all the dumb desaturated colors from a Snyder film are shown to work in a proper context with mood and lead up giving weight and emotion to them.

A shitty new story

Finally, a real Yea Forumsmrade. I'm tired of you rage bating fags

>everything is cloudy and dark
>the sun shines for a brief moment
>Thanos in darkness with his full army
>Cap sees his arm is cut/broken, can't throw the shield anymore because Thanos broke it
>Tightens the strap and stands, alone, all hope is lost, yet he stands ready to face the impossible odds
>On your left

this moment was kino

You people don't know the difference between adaptations and direct copying. Why would you want a direct copy of something that was already done on the page? The story is there to revisit on the page. Marvel Studios is a new interpretation

Just reread the fucking comics, then

What I don't get is why they went through all that trouble to change "infinity gems" into "infinity stones." Why the fuck would that wording change matter? Did someone accidentally call them stones in a movie or in promotional inventory and then they had to change it in the comics and all subsequent movies afterwards?

There's this phrase "faithful adaptation." Also just by changing the medium you can keep everything about the plot the same and still get a radically different product.

spbp
Cap v Thanos was perfect for every moment.

Attached: chris thanos.gif (320x166, 2.77M)

>omnipotent
He'd deactivated all but two of the stones at that point. Read a fucking comic.

they changed it in the comics too. someone in editorial thought gems sounded to girly for what they are.

>show me a page where Darkseid counters a punch from Superman. Not takes a punch from Superman. Actively deflects and counters a punch from Superman.
Not him, but this looks to me like Darkseid punched faster and Superman's punch never got a chance to connect. Also it wouldn't make much sense for Darkseid to ever last against Superman more than a second if he can't keep up with him speed-wise and can only do an OK job getting hit without dying. If that were really the case then he shouldn't ever be landing any sort of hits on Superman other than maybe those done from behind that he doesn't see coming.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1288x1024, 614K)

I know they changed them in the comics too (although I don't read that new shit, I'm at least familiar with how they did that). It just seems like such a bizarre and petty little change in terminology to make.

They changed it in the comics because current Marvel is lazy and spends half their time adapting the films even though they have as much clue what happens in them as we do.

Because there's not a lot of modern leftist political propaganda in the source material. We NEED black Asgardians and more badass wymens.

Do you ever get tired of being a victim?

I imagine it's exhausting

Deciding to do things different doesn't mean they hate the source material

They did it better in the movie.

Attached: Av. Endgame 2019 1 - cap stands alone.webm (1000x394, 2.78M)

Attached: Av. Endgame 2019 2 - psych! no he doesn't.webm (1000x394, 2.79M)

Attached: Av. Endgame 2019 3 - avengatores ass amble.webm (1000x394, 2.83M)

Great movie and all but dang that's some bad CGI. You'd think they would have really gone insane with the budget for this

More people give a fuck about Thanos than Vader at this point.

wish there had been more valkyrie. she looks so fucking cool on that pegasus

You're judging the movie's CGI based on a blurry-ass camrip. Please re-evaluate your priorities.

Who do you think hands Thanos back his helicopter blade at 6 seconds? I assume it's Maw, but I don't think you see any part of whoever it is. I even thought he might just have it and be inspecting it himself, but he looks off camera and seems as if he's accepting it from someone.

Because a high contrast, over-saturated, blurry, artifacted-to-shit camrip is the best showcase for checking on the CGI. Ayup.

Dum-E. He changed sides after taking too much abuse from Stark in IM2.

All I could think about afterwards was "where did she even get that?"

The greatest heel turn!

You can actually see the Pegasus in the background of New Asgardia, in one of the stables near the dock when the truck pulls over. It's a very brief scene and you don't quite see the wings, but it's there. Bit clever if you ask me.

why though. shes' had 5 years to get it and do we even know that pegasuses are hard to get.

Comics are embarrassing, broheim.

I disagree. I thought the movie handled it fine but the comic book speech was better. I'm more bothered by the action. It's not as hectic as it could be for a war between two armies and some characters aren't shown to be doing anything cool, heros and villains alike. The final act fight felt short in how slow it can be.

In short, moviefags hate reading.

t. loser