LOL

LOL

Attached: 04_26_2019_22020330.jpg (612x346, 32K)

Yea Forums will spend the entire thread denying it but it's true

Not for long, unfortunately. Japanese anime is where it is, because they cannibalise their own media. Guess what American cartoons just started doing.

Attached: 1541894451524.jpg (527x9074, 1.06M)

Why has nobody made a parody john K twitter account that hasn't lasted more then two days?

Whatever helps you sleep at night, Yea Forums.

>Guess what American cartoons just started doing
Not that

Attached: l1su54ps65a11.jpg (680x800, 158K)

>line and chibi are the only ones that look meaningfully different
Pottery

Willfully blind.

Can we finally admit the whole anime/western cartoon thing is such an artificial distinction? It's all animation, really.

It's a marketing distinction and always has been. So it does matter, because animation is an industry.

I like how 3 of the " anime eyes " are just copy pasted with Microsoft paint, Good bait.

If you compare shows in vastly different genres from a long timespan than sure you're going to get variety. You're doing this weird reverse cherrypicking

All of those have more meaningful difference to eachother than the western ones in the OP except for Gumball

>It's a marketing distinction and always has been. So it does matter, because animation is an industry.
Japan has naked lolis and fanservice, USA does not.
That alone makes anime better.

Attached: img_costume_shinomas.jpg (436x730, 59K)

The chart posted completely destroys any argument of variety in anime over several decades
It's all animation yeah, but japs are bad at it. Bad at storytelling in general.

Attached: 1557035257710.jpg (6920x8920, 2.94M)

I think a lot of it has hurt western cartoons. No western studios have built on anime the way Japanese studios built on cartoons because rather than looking to what they did, making our own shows and then using those shows as a foundation, we either completely ignore any Japanese influence or toss out what foundation we could build to focus on imitating the newest form of anime

The opinions of autistic people don't count

>Japan has naked lolis and fanservice
>I'm attracted to cartoons, little girls and judge quality by this fact
The sad thing is, even if you are being ironic, there are actual people like this

7 of those are cancelled, 1 is a movie and Spongebob began in 1999, Work on your bait Californian Tumblrina.

Attached: 1453521382001.png (680x844, 152K)

Out of those eyes, Star is the only Unique one. The Gravity Fall Eyes could be any number of characters, almost all identical. The Patterson family alone uses those eyes multiple times, and I'm sure side-characters probably do at one point. Steven, his Dad, his Uncle, and I'm sure a few other characters have those exact same eyes/nose. I haven't seen Star VS, which is why I say that hers are unique, but they may not even be.

Sure, a lot of Anime do have same-face, but the west does too. And, I'd even argue, a lot of the long-running and main-stream anime has more unique eyes/faces than mainstream and long-running western cartoons.

Attached: 1529880626926.png (1000x1000, 71K)

Can we all just agree that both the east and the west have their qualities and go home?

Oh, I get it you both are Americans and like naked boys more? sinca most american cartoons feature naked boy's butts.

Attached: ca5e0eb186e15942cdc20a814687ffb56f547fbcf02dea065166d1a19f62a319.jpg (571x444, 94K)

People that use their bias to discern things? Pretty sure they're called artists.

>7 of those are cancelled
Only 2 of the things in the chart in are currently running. All the ones in the image I posted are from 2010 onward (that spongebob image is from season 9), and not one of those is a movies

Is this what your autism is about? You wanna jack off to lisa simpson? Lisa doesn't get naked because she's not supposed to be the center of comedy, bart is

As a joke user

What did he mean by this?

no dude this is a race skirmish. Fucking fag pick a side

Yeah lolis also get naked in anime as a Joke, Haha.

Probably meant for you to reply to him. Seems to have worked.

It really is a fucking joke though. If you think naked bart is even remotely fapable you have actual issues

>post chart of eyes
I'm not going to go make one but you could just look in this thread And see a variety of different eye styles/expressions

Attached: 1554335875438.jpg (193x272, 46K)

Then why are Shota threads here with people saying they find Mac from Foster's and Bart Simpson sexy?

They have actual issues. It's still a Yea Forums board

The simpsons began in the 80's and JL is from 2001.

All jokes user, 500+ reply threads with over a hundred images of dozens of different young characters in semi-nude is all just for the laughs. Trust me.

Because they have issues. You're not supposed to find bart sexy.

Jojo started in the 80s so..

>different genres
It's half shounen half shoujo my dude

The chart posted is the same character in different styles while your pic is a bunch of different characters

Attached: IMG-20190307-WA0005.jpg (820x960, 111K)

Yes, and?

Attached: 1537676893859.gif (320x240, 2.41M)

Those aren't genre's.

>your pic
>implying

Variety in design is just as important, and why would I post a chart of some shitty artist poorly attempting to imitate the large variety of styles in western animation?

Oh, don't get me wrong, Western Animation can have a varied look (if not in the current main-stream), but I was explaining why the examples in OP's post don't really make that case.

Also, it's not about the expressions characters make but the structure of the eyes/face multiple characters share. That Simpsons example are different expressions, but The Simpsons has even poked fun at many characters having the exact same faces. Many anime also do that, to be fair - but I feel that in modern, main-stream anime, it's to a lesser extent than modern main-stream Western Animation.

Attached: DW90l40V4AEre2r.jpg (1251x2006, 621K)

Attached: 1541895269108.png (508x424, 251K)

>(if not in the current main-stream)
You clearly don't watch cartoons

Attached: 1531871746633.png (720x720, 408K)

>implying I'm implying something with that
What?

Because we're comparing styles. If you want to compare designs, here's a single anime

Attached: c60z3085con11.jpg (5906x2362, 1.53M)

>watching cartoons

Cartoons are for little stupid babies, True men watch lolicon instead.

>Because we're comparing styles.
If you need to see the same character to see differences in style you're actually blind
>gumball hasn't been running for decades and has actual variety not just different sizes

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 127K)

Yes, I know. I have actual taste

I watch plenty of cartoons - Just because something is on TV doesn't make it mains-stream. Summer Camp Island isn't main-stream. Craig of the Creek isn't main-stream. I would say OK KO is just on the clasp of main-stream, but don't know if I would even count it.

Those aren't the shows with merch display in stores or that normies know by name.

I still hear kids talking about Gumball. I've seen merch display for Gravity Falls. Steven Universe had a Kid's Book on the Best Sellers List. We Bare Bears is huge enough to have mascots at Sports Games in Korea. Those are main-stream. And most of those shows, even if they have other good qualities, have a ton of Same-Face and design elements that are overly repeated.

Attached: 1501466127941.jpg (848x480, 40K)

>it's only mainstream if it supports my opinion
That's silly. Mainstream doesn't mean the most fucking popular shows on television. And SU, for all it's terrible, undefendable writing, has actually varied character design and no same face issue

Attached: e0hnzod3yy811.png (1366x767, 1.34M)

Or craig of the creek

Attached: 3357ae2fcee9f3b59c017a0af1857956.png (800x1200, 1.31M)

>If you need to see the same character to see differences in style
No you fucking dumbass. But if you take a character that is suppossed to be a mouse with a character that is suppossed to be a duck and compare it to a pic which features the same character over and over of course your pic will look more diverse
Yeah, Gumbal is the only unique one in the OP but
>the only difference between One Piece characters is their size
lol and I'm the blind one?

Attached: c86d137c8dee7fdb4d462dd8f50cb449-1.jpg (500x578, 77K)

We could, but OP wants us to argue, so that isn’t happening.
Why don’t we just talk about art styles we like?

I Hate Fairyland is cool

Attached: 0EDF866C-8566-4F21-B7BF-44641D404BBB.jpg (1040x1600, 600K)

We Bare Bears MCs look the same, because bears, including pandas, don't look different. The prominent side characters however all have different, distinct designs, even a lot of the one offs

Attached: we-bare-bears-characters-vs-wild-bears.jpg (1200x720, 176K)

It’s very cartoony, but also very meaty and fleshy. I like that a lot, and it meshes nicely with the brand of violence it revels in

Attached: B1D95F21-EF0B-4DAA-9779-372F4D0117C0.jpg (1040x1600, 462K)

>No Sameface
Oh... user...

Attached: That_Will_Be_All_264.png (1920x1090, 1.85M)

They’re all literally the same character, though. That’s like saying Cammy looks too much like Decapre. No shit she does, they’re both clones.

I just fucking read that entire series this weekend holy shit does it look good, and the art style change in issue 8 was fucking great too
How the fuck does a series with such a simple premise stay that funny for 21 issues.
I'd mention middlewest (same author different artist) besides being well written so far, it looks damn good too

Attached: middlewest6.png (1170x1776, 3.86M)

Some really great covers

Attached: middlewest-1_d2f0591a89.jpg (585x900, 211K)

They're not - I could maybe buy the Rubies, but the Amethyst and Jasper Army from the War are literally said to all be distinct and un-uniform, in comparison to regular Gem species formation, because they weren't given time to form properly and needed for battle; Jasper (our Jasper) was the only perfect one in the batch.

A lot of anime looks the same and a lot of cartoons look the same
Why make pointless dickwars and cherrypicking that will just boil down to "well I just like this more than that"?

Attached: 7c6.png (211x246, 11K)

Attached: Middlewest06_REVIEW+(dragged)+2+copy.jpg (993x1528, 341K)

Yeah but the anime that looks the same looks better than the cartoons that look the same

Fight me

For the east, we’ve got Atelier of Witch-Hat.

Now, don’t ask me what Atelier means (I think it’s french but I still haven’t googled it), but as the Witchy part of the name suggests, the series is about witches! And the art has this old timey storybook feel that compliments that feeling perfectly.

Attached: 70F9B7BC-2FB9-4DD2-82C4-F55368C6F45B.jpg (1261x1800, 479K)

Fun
They are un-uniform. Look at them, they're incredibly similar but slightly different. Picking the very specific group of gems that were united by you know, being created for the same purpose, is silly. You're being silly

they look retarded and soulless tbqh
I don't like moeshit partly because of that

john K being a weaboo makes an immense amount of sense

I'd rather look at SU than Infinite Stratos anyday. That style os so uniquely unappealing it's painful

>Atelier
It's like a workshop

>It's all animation yeah, but japs are bad at it.
Why is Jingoism so prevalent on Yea Forums? It's one of the most progressive boards but their world view would be threatened if America was surpassed by another culture.
America MUST HAVE better animation than Japs, because we are the best at everything! Am I right?

Attached: blog-fish10.jpg (650x754, 71K)

When did dragon ball or jojo start you mong

bruh look at this dude ohnonononononooo

Attached: moeshit.jpg (259x194, 9K)

not even a high bar to pass when japs are okay with 95% of a single show being entirely panning still imagines and powerpoints. the remain 5% is some overanimated bullshit and its usually wasted on really stupid shit.

Dragon Ball is awful now, back in the 80s and 90s it had lots of Shota nudity and now it has nothing (no blood either).

Sometimes the artist goes ham with moments like this.
It’s nice

There are a lot of workshops in the strip, so that makes a lot of sense

Attached: F5CEB2B4-B8CD-4DB5-B8FA-E38CE83991DF.png (2048x1449, 569K)

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: porg.jpg (780x439, 46K)

Americans have better animation than Japan. French have better animation than America. Canada has worse animation than Japan. Exceptions to all these exist, but it's nothing to do with Jingoism or believing America's the best. Even French stuff inspired by anime regularly surpasses American animation and I've never left the US.
Obviously this is subjective but it's not a country bias, just from seeing a lot of what's been produced

You just can't stop....
Why are you so insecure you can't admit a little island in the Pacific makes good cartoons? Would that threaten your way of life?

Attached: 2246778_orig.jpg (491x800, 168K)

>Americans have better animation than Japan.
HAhahahahahahahahahahah

What have the French produced recently? The Wakfu dude did one movie and went bankrupt.

Miraculous Ladybug and thats it

but they cant. also what is this playing victum shit here. Yea Forums always comes to Yea Forums to shitpost about west vs east always heavily favoring east with stupid amounts of cherry picking and bait.

truly amazing

Attached: 1556733539513.webm (1012x548, 2.88M)

having retards around me that unironically believe this just because 10 anime in total are good, hurts me inside

Not even trying
There's a reason anime and manga make better reaction images

Attached: 1556536594592.png (1057x662, 518K)

Attached: tenor.gif (220x123, 108K)

>stupid amounts of cherry picking
>cherry picks the only studio left that cares about animation

Source?

Already in the post

>Yea Forums always comes to Yea Forums to shitpost about west vs east always heavily favoring east with stupid amounts of cherry picking and bait

So you are just doing it because they come here and bully you? You are standing up to the bullies, that's what this is for you?

Attached: Hannah-Miles-Figure-1.jpg (308x402, 63K)

>Implying American cartons are anything but funny faces the medium

Attached: 1556350054123.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Yeah I saw it right after, thanks

>Yea Forums always comes to Yea Forums to shitpost
You think Yea Forums made this thread?

Lastman is the only good 2D animation the french have done in years

Depends on what you mean by recently. There's Dofus by the same studio which is amazing but not because of the animation. Lastman which us amazing both because of the unique way it's animated that seems both visually impressive but economical, while having some of the most engaging characters and story I've ever seen. Their work in film is astounding, films like Ernest and Celestine (one of the greatest animated films of the decade (you could probably remove the word animated there)), french studios co-producing many Cartoon Saloon films, Mune, Leap!, The Little Prince, Waltz with Bashir, The Illusionist, Mutafukaz, pretty much anything the school Gobelins puts out

10 a season, which is better than what America gets that's maybe 10 a decade.

And yes, Waltz with Bashir was a french co-production

>ten a season
Closer to one every 10 seasons if you have low standards

what is this, a gif for ants?

I can cherry pick too, just like everyone can cherry-pick with still-frames of dubiously-modeled characters

I'd argue that overall, you never get an "awful" episode nearly as much as you did sometime in the 1990's and especially 1980's in the US. You'll have minor mistakes or stiff animation here and there but there's rarely an episode of a modern cartoon (except maybe SU) where the art and motion of an episode are fucked, whereas Japan can still have really awkward animation or lackluster episodes in comparison to others, even for good series (except for maybe something like Mob Psycho or Bebop). That being said, Japan produces a lot more eye-catching animation bits than American cartoons do.

Attached: gun.webm (852x480, 1.88M)

Or if you're not a hyperbolic shitposter

This