F is for Family

Is this show any good?

Attached: MV5BMjhiNTZhNGEtYTRhNS00NGZlLWIxNjktYzI0NDAyMTQ0NzY3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ2MjQ5NzM@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,73 (733x1000, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S8Ho1WWDECM
youtube.com/watch?v=48ebWjzaVj4
youtube.com/watch?v=UYbOzUuwLGA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's alright.
Mostly for feels of being the kind of family that scrabbles to keep their place in the lower part of the middle class instead of sliding into lower class, or just having a dad like Frank.
Occasionally tonally jarring.
If you're wasting money on Netflix anyway, might as well throw a half hour into the abyss too to see if you like the show.

It's pretty good if you like Bill Burrs type of humor

Yes, very good.

>"subverting the traditional American family"sitcom #79870413948

Pass

It has some good jokes

What a slut.

Attached: Girl.png (405x1047, 438K)

It's a lot different from stuff like Simpsons and Family Guy if that's what you're thinking. Bill Burr is more sympathetic to the hardass father he voices and also sees the humor in his rage. Although obviously they have to show him progress and soften a bit over time since it's a serial which requires character growth, otherwise it would come off sociopathic.

First season contains /ss/ (well, not really.. MILF/teen, same sort of dynamic, though) and second has a yandere.

I found it funny but also very "real" in a depressing-as-fuck way.

It's a pretty scathing portrayal of how the military chews up, spits out, and abandons soldiers, how poverty and capitalism fucking eviscerate America's have-nots, and how cycles of abuse perpetuate themselves...and I honestly wasn't interested in watching it just because a few laughs are sandwiched in.

Attached: are-you-tired-of-being-nice-dont-you-just-want-38837757.png (500x566, 128K)

I liked S3 the most just for how dark it got.

Full disclosure? I could only stomach the 5 episodes I saw when my brother and sister had it on when the family was together for Christmas.

I try not to be head-in-the-sand about negative things but I was like "Jesus guys can we watch something a little more cheerful?"

Early Simpson was sympathetic to Homer and showed him with dad struggles.
EARLY Simpsons, so F is for Family has a place to shine with the eternal weekend at Burnies the show has become

Yeah early Simpsons' portrayal of lower-middle-class struggles was similar to FifF's, only I'd say The Simpsons was also funnier and had more heart/optimism at the end of the day

It gets way worse near the end with the airforce guy he's hero worships.

I think all the seasons end on a somewhat upbeat note.

If you don't think its funny you can put me through that fucking wall

>just recently learned that a family member miscarried twice and lost a baby because of agent orange
>no admittance of fault by govt.

I like it. It's like an angrier King Of The Hill.

WELL OBVIOUSLY THOSE MISCARRIAGES WERE A SACRIFICE FOR THE HOMELAND, FELLOW PATRIOT!!!

Which character are you. I'm Kevin. Too dumb to good at anything but not stupid enough to realize not realize it

Maureen.

I liked S3 for the bare shota butt and shota hard-on in a tight swimsuit. Hoping for a full frontal shota pic.

Yes

Attached: 2017-06-29_2-36-50.jpg (946x761, 88K)

>no admittance of fault by govt
What did he mean by this?

>with the airforce guy he's hero worships.

What did he mean by this?

I quite like it, it reminds me of early Simpsons episodes, but a bit more cynical

I liked her

Attached: 1541585727929.png (283x283, 6K)

It's alright

Attached: 1452313032463.jpg (720x406, 149K)

It's very good, I've been shilling for it here on Yea Forums since season 1 came out.

Okay at best comedy, great drama.

Worth it for Laura Dern's acting alone

>*puts you through that fucking wall*

For what purpose?

Uhhh
>>do do do do *BOOM*
That was a happy ending?!

It's a more vulgar King of the Hill set in the 70s.

And actually not if you look at the show
she only becomes attached to him after picking up on how much Bill is into her (and at first thinking he was into bad ass like her). witch is why she she successfully manipulated Bill into taking his words back and not braking up with her "She knows" more then Bill knows

She's just a fucking psycho......

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-03-22h42m15s354.png (1024x576, 200K)

You're set in the 70's, you hoe.

yes. I'd say it's pretty underrated.

A good show that a lot of people wrote off as another Simpsons knock off

Instead it's a show about a constantly angry, depressed, struggling father trying to make ends meet while having to juggle an also depressed, struggling mother/wife whom both share the need to relive what they lost and make something of themselves only to ultimately fail
An older son with no hope for the future because he's too stupid to realize he's stupid. Anger issue's and is far too emotional, he takes it out on his little brother
The little brother who's a giant pussy
And the daughter, who wants to be taken seriously but because it's the 70's she's constantly let down and put down by everyone

This. John McCain was a war hero and a patriot, and deserved nothing less than a Senate seat for his brave actions against those women, children and lightbulb makers. Thank God we live in America, where we can all agree on that dropping bombs and chemical weapons on civilians is a thing that should be amply rewarded.

Yeah. Everyone in it is a terrible person, though.

>This. John McCain was a war hero and a patriot, and deserved nothing less than a Senate seat for his brave actions against those women, children and lightbulb makers. Thank God we live in America, where we can all agree on that dropping bombs and chemical weapons on civilians is a thing that should be amply rewarded.

That's only if a country starts shit with us like 911 No one told them to start that shit.

It's okay.

That's kinda why like this show. It hurts. The characters are suffering but I'm ways that aren't completely out of thier control but still thier fault. The still get by but not without blood. Each season finale really drives home the fact that they are a family and nothing can destroy that.

Pretty good. Don't have much more to say about it than that.

>That's only if a country starts shit with us like 911
>Saudi Arabians terrorists
>Invade Afghanistan
>Invade Iraq

Probably Bill. Severe Little Brother Syndrome led me to completely center my personality and self-worth on being able to make people laugh.

Americans still believe that Iraq caused 9/11?

>Maureen is the "smart girl character"
>still gets shit on

It's the subversion we all needed

I think at this point it doesn't matter for some, just that as an american citizen we didn't get jack shit out of it, other's who get curious about why we invaded countries that didn't have anything to do with it will get suspicious and those that go deep into it will outright state that 9/11 was an inside job

No one likes what happened in retrospect

It's worth watching. The highs are high, the lows drag. But in a dearth of story-driven adult cartoons it's definitely worth the time.

COME AND GET YOUR LOOOOVE

Attached: 1500569688074.jpg (512x539, 69K)

Attached: 1500580522479.gif (346x377, 305K)

Attached: 1543602966752.gif (359x385, 710K)

bill was definitely just like me as a kid. I was even a middle child. he's still even less of a pussy than I was. I probably wouldn't have even survived the 70s at that age

Hated it and can’t really understand why anyone likes it. Art style is also incredibly ugly and lacks any charm.

>An older son with no hope for the future because he's too stupid to realize he's stupid. Anger issue's and is far too emotional

I always took this as commentary to how poorly children with special needs were treated back then.

It's fantastic. That being said Kevin is a blight on an otherwise perfect show.

meh. really hard to care about anything

Pretty much every episode is quality except for every single season finale. The writers try way too hard to wrap things up in a nice bow while going CUH-RAZY with hijinks. Everything else is relatively grounded but extremely dark, like the best of Moral Orel.

She's disadvantaged as both a kid and a female in the 70s, but she genuinely deserves a lot of the shit she gets for being bratty and selfish. Best subversion is when Sue is publicly humiliated in the Season 3 finale for putting her feminist work life ahead of her own family.

The show does a pretty great job of making you sympathetic for the main characters while still calling them out for their own petty bullshit.

There's a weird fucked up part of my brain that hopes they reconcile. It's probably not a good sign that I still felt really bad for her by the end of the season and just see her as troubled.

youtube.com/watch?v=S8Ho1WWDECM

This is probably the only recorded instance of Bill Burr nearly crying instead of yelling or laughing. It's in English, despite the title and subtitles.

People have pointed out that Burr's desire to control his own anger comes from his improved relationship with his own father over the last ten years. I wish I could get that closure with my own parents. I have a feeling that Burr being noticeably freaked out by Marc Maron's anger issues also helped put things into perspective for him. Maron is so much more fucked up by his own parents.

youtube.com/watch?v=48ebWjzaVj4

Kevin is one of the most self-destructive and whiniest characters on the show by default, but I feel like the show made it clear that just a tiny bit of genuine support from Frank would allow Kevin to excel instead of wallowing in mediocrity. People try to claim that once you reach a certain age, then you can't blame anything on your parents or shitty upbringing anymore as if all that baggage is magically erased from your own mental fuck-ups. It's an ignorant oversimplification to dismiss all that and it just perpetuates all of the "generational trauma" that's finally starting to be taken more seriously now.

youtube.com/watch?v=UYbOzUuwLGA

Yeah it's definitely a cool element of the show, I just think I'm depressed and in enough pain these days lol. I do need SOME escape

There isn't enough fanart of Maureen.

>otherwise perfect
what about the diaper kid? the joke was kinda funny one time. But then they keep bringing him back well after it stopped being funny

It is weird Portuguese speakers would watch for jokes this much American.

Season 4 should be out between dec-Jan

I think the idea of shitty and overbearing/abusive parents fucking up your life is something that anyone can relate to, no matter your race or gender or background.

it alright
it not subtle or nuanced

>can’t really understand why anyone likes it.

>I don't need a $25 bible to teach me about God! I almost bled out in Korea, alright!? I have met God!

I like it more for the social family dysfunction. It really feels like a regular American family in that way i feel like in my fanily hostiles always ran high in a way similar to the murphies.

>It really feels like a regular American family in that way i feel like in my fanily hostiles always ran high in a way similar to the murphies.

Tell us more.

I liked the show. Probably because i just like things set in the past, but it's pretty funny.

god, what a loli.

That 70's loli

Bill:What Kind of person fucks there hand!

>fucks there hand

It's what Bill said when he found out that Kevin is masturbating.

yeah it's good

>it's a mom jokes about Dad being too drunk and failing in an attempt at marital rape episode

Why?

Love the laughs and downs, but I'm not sure if Burr's comedy act is for me. The cast is also full of likable/funy side characters

>that neighbour who stalks the family
>the black guy from the vending machine company / airport
>the fatso boss

and motherfucking Vic. He's like a laidback Ned Flanders, but with more drugs involved
>...Of course, you have a friggin helicopter license.

Attached: 91797.jpg (210x295, 13K)

It's one of the only good netflix original shows

Bills balls need to drop why is Bridget still friends with him.

i prefer him on the podcast to his stand-up stuff

The Vietnam vet and his wife were some heavy shit.

She wants his dick.

>can’t really understand why anyone likes it.
Such a fucking stupid thing to say.
"STOP HAVING OPINIONS THAT DON'T ALIGN WITH MINE!!!!"

It's "their", dumb-dumb.

Won't happen he's damaged by accidentally seeing and hearing his parents having sex in season 2.

>That sex dream with the airplanes

You're thinking of the second season and the third one. The first season doesn't have any of that.

Bill gets a weird amount of trauma from sexual situations. Overhearing his parents fuck (and seeing his dad's hanging balls), seeing Kevin masturbate, catching that old lady on the toilet, getting bullied by Maureen, it goes on.

He's gonna have some fucked up fetishes as an adult I'm sure.

That could also tie into his massive fault. He isn't man enough so he overreacts and let's these things get to him.