The Amazons are criminally underutilized by DC

The Amazons are criminally underutilized by DC.

Attached: RCO020_1470913433.jpg (1041x1600, 437K)

they're DCs wakanda

>they're DCs wakanda
What did he mean by this?

An isolated fictional city of warriors who have awesome stuff that they won't share.

>imagine

Attached: 4.jpg (1982x1116, 129K)

At least Wakanda never invaded the rest of the world and massacred civilians, multiple times.

That was a fun comic. Shame I couldn’t find the storytimes for the flowers of algernon arc

All the Amazon except wonder woman were really strong and toned.

Its easier to find such women if they aren't expected to be the main actress.

Artemis is best amazon, look at her everything.

Attached: 1484144970096.jpg (1988x3056, 1.45M)

But the men actors are still required to commit to extensive exercise plans. I'd love to see a female actress put on muscle for An action hero role just once

muscle girls are a niche fetish so we'll never ses one in a leading role.

Antje Traue put on muscles, as did Gina Carano for her role in Deadpool.

Attached: 03_01.jpg (1000x1537, 663K)

>Antje Traue as Wondie
I fuckin wish it was the case...

Attached: WWR2 (164).jpg (1399x2002, 269K)

Explain Chun-Li then.

Attached: faa80cb29f646621cde631ca6594d3cb.png (711x1100, 352K)

How is he not dead? He's up against Bizarro

His only weakness is crowbars

I think we both know that I meant in Hollywood

Make them sperm collectors and theyll be the most popular thing in DC

Attached: Mating.jpg (934x549, 203K)

This comic was so fucking stupid, almost as stupid as Act of God.

Chunners has very well defined thighs but she's in no sense of the word what people would consider a "muscle-girl." In SFV she's a thicc fertility goddess just like the rest of them. Hell, Mika is probably the closest you'd get with her defined core.

they dont have shit to do

Have them fight against a succubus or an evil fertility goddess

Attached: Dancing fertility goddesses.jpg (636x318, 24K)

Yeah, more of them should get imprisoned, drugged, tortured, raped, and sold off as sex slaves.

>Slosh... Slosh...

Think again.

Attached: GorillaCity_58acd8b002ea65.45624106.jpg (900x696, 182K)

I mean, it IS a hidden super-advanced city in Africa that is apart from all its neighbors, that gained their superior status from a meteorite even... but making comparisons will no doubt become dicey.

they don't have a hero-king though. I mean, you could argue solovar, but does anyone give a shit about him?

I mean they're a group best known for living on a secret invisible island and never leaving.

Best you can use with them is Wonder Woman, Artemis, and a handful of exiles.

Grod is technically their Hero and King.

Not every little tiny side character needs to get expanded upon, sometimes they're just meant to be little tiny side characters

Not Yea Forums so not applicable and not on-topic

They don't always stay on their island

Attached: 1184530636350.jpg (242x300, 40K)

Fans can't really agree on how much interaction they should have with the world.
You have the more traditional view that they're more of a literal paradise than a utopia, a hedonistic heaven, a final resting place for the Amazons after mankind failed to keep it in their figurative pants, who send their sole daughter into the world as a second chance to spread the message they were originally intended to.

And the more progressive view that they're a utopian society that is as much at fault for their own exile as mankind was, and their daughter exists to bridge their society with ours as a two way street.

And then you have the subhumans who think they're a bunch of xenophobic, battle hungry she-hulks who hate men, and their daughter is a spear wielding baboon who wants to rule the earth.

How is she not Yea Forums when she's a member of the X-Men?

Non-canon shit that happened in a non-canon video game that was merely starring the comic book characters but not really about them.
Now quit trying to derail this thread, if you really feel so compelled to talk about some gamer shit I suggest you go to Yea Forums.

yea just look at how good an actress gal gadot is

There are different tribes of Amazons who live in separate places, so there's no need to make them all the same.

I mean, how much do we really know about Diana's sister Nubia and her kingdom?

You're an idiot. singular mentions of a character like Chun-Li is not going to derail the thread.
Starting a flamewar over it in a massive overreaction though will easily do so.

I'm not against Diana's sister being a thing or that she's black, but name being Nubia is just too on the nose, and that she looks nothing like Hippo.

Why would the queen make one statue daughter that looked like her and then one that didn't? Of course Nubia was always a gimmick in being Wondie's sister that was stolen as an infant back in the old days.

These Amazons are more than a thousand years old, and their intelligence is of a average 30-year-old woman?
What does DC mean by this?

None of this would happen if people like you quit trying to slide threads turning them into shit that doesn't belong on this board. You ever notice that everything was just fine before you reared your head and tried to inject Yea Forums garbage into it? Read the rules before you make another post.

You were the one that raised a stink about it.

Thread purity bullshit is nothing but a cancer, this isn't your place to be playing wannabe-mod.

Too bad the Chun-Li movie was so terrible. Was barely Streetfighter at all.

Yes, how dare people complain about off-topic garbage cluttering the thread. They should just shut up and put up with board degradation so we can start calling ourselves /bco/ - Cartoons and Random already. Fuck having nice things!

A single post that barely had any replies made by some user that barely got any attention until you focused on it.

Have this for (you)r trouble.

Attached: 1296701232217.jpg (500x500, 44K)

Isn't it the other way around?

Can you even say talking about Street Fighter characters isn't a Yea Forums topic when like 90% of the characterization and lore involving the franchise is found in those books?

I mean, come on dude. Udon has been consistently making Street Fighter comics since 2003.

Considering that like 90% of the Street Fighter characterization comes from those books, I don't Street Fighter characters on Yea Forums is no more

Attached: rob-porter-sfl-cammy1-cvrb.jpg (586x900, 270K)

Not him but you could have completely ignored everything and just let the thread continue as usual. Instead you contributed to the thread's downfall by constantly feeding the troll as you have done this whole time. You're just as guilty of farming (You)s as he is far as I'm concerned.

Comics are decent too bad most of the rest of the western SF media is such a travesty.

He wasn't talking about the comics or how the characters are portrayed in the comics, and even then those things would still be tertiary Yea Forums at best.

More life than a thread about Wonderwoman's ilk even deserves to begin with.

Attached: Countdown6.jpg (945x1524, 2.1M)

Can Amazons be killed by bullets???

Attached: flat,800x800,070,f (1).jpg (800x800, 71K)

Kek

But user, they have DEADLY GIANT WASPS! With venom that can KILL YOU... after a couple of hours, when there's completely normal animals whos venom can kill you in minutes or even seconds.

Yeah but are there any wasp stings that kill you?
To my knowledge, none. So these wasps are pretty fucking dangerous.

The thing is, you can't shoot a swarm of wasps, the giant wasps are just big flying targets. It would literally be more of a threat if the Amazons controlled massive swarms of regular wasps to overwhelm their enemies, or shot you with an arrow.

I'm disappointed by how DC is willing to give the Atlanteans advanced futuristic technology but keeps the Amazons limited to the bronze age

Just look at the level of technology in the Aquaman film compared to Wonder Woman.
Atlantis had submarines, water powered lasers, holograms, and commandos
Themyscira had bows and arrows, swords and shields

Isn't that bigger issues that both the combined alliance of the age of myth or the combined forces of the Justice League look utterly impotent next to Superman on his own?

Like Steppenwolf basically scoffs at them all including the so-called gods of ancient Greece but is not willing to launch an attack till he thinks the only kryptonian on the planet is dead.

Didn't the Amazons have a purple healing ray or something?

No they aren’t

They suck.

They suck Batdick*

Batman is for hard femdom

When was the last time that was even mentioned?

And if they have a purple healing ray, then the rest of their technology should be more in line with that

Wondie had an invisible fortress too if I remembered correctly. I guess Amazons just have random shit lying around maybe they're Neo-luddites that abstain from technology outside of medical use.

Attached: 1555039424667.png (1176x850, 850K)

By the more progressive view, the Amazons are xenophobic since they don’t want to leave and constantly tell Diana how they should stay on their island. Shit, Diana barely makes any effort in trying to get the Amazons to come to Man’s World. Writers are just content with having the Amazons be a Planet of Hats trope and nothing more.

They’re a bunch of immortals who haven’t seen conflict in thousands of years. It would be an interesting idea if writers tried to show the Amazonian culture has stagnated a bit.

>Why would the queen make one statue daughter that looked like her and then one that didn't?
Diana = made from light clay
Nubia = made from darker clay
They also are supposed to look like each other

You can always buy them? Or google how to read them for free. Nothing is stopping you, user.

>Diana = made from light clay
>Nubia = made from darker clay
What if I used orange or red clay? What type of race would that make?

Hawaiian and American Indian, respectively.

Woah, Now I wanna see a western cowgirl Wonder Woman. Did DC ever do anything like that?

given the lasso, you'd think so wouldn't you?

Justice Riders
But I just skimmed it again, and she NEVER uses a lasso.
Only a gun. Nice job Chuck Dixon

Attached: Justice Riders.jpg (1988x3056, 2.1M)

I feel like Atlantis is more akin to DC's Wakanda in terms of politics especially. Themyscira is more like DC's Asgard.

In-universe, the Amazons were created by a handful of goddesses to spread peace and love through out the world, the goddesses leaving it up to their progeny to decide how to accomplish this.

Yet, the braintrust that is DC editorial has deigned it suitable that the Amazons stay on their island and do nothing. One can only speculate on why, but the most likely explanation is simple apathy. Didio and his cronies have never given a shit about this franchise, and likely never will.

what are 80's B action flicks

lad

>Themyscira is more like DC's Asgard.
Where are the patheon of gods? Only a few demigods roam Themyscira

The Greek gods do interact with the Amazons but they don't live on Themyscira. DC's Olympus isn't really fleshed out, now that I think on it. Azzarello tried fleshing things out during the New 52 but I don't think his developments stuck.

DC should've been using Wondy's recent bump in popularity to help build her family, instead they've done fucking nothing.

God I wish she'd lovingly bully me.

DC fucked up big time by letting Lobdell separate them because he doesn't like them as a couple. One of the rare times I wish editorial had gotten their way and overruled the creator. Dexter likes them as a couple as well. So you had the artist and editorial vs Lobdell and Lobdell got his way.

Attached: 45735675367.png (700x3496, 1.93M)

they've managed to fuck Donna even more up

What happened now?

true. They are DC's Jedi Order. Iknow they may seem a little like sexsit pricks but theres no reason why a man cant be an amazon.

Attached: image.gif (500x750, 3.08M)

Only competitors are cardboard box in character making it easy to team her up with Guile for a movie. Also women with thunder thighs are ok according to test audiences.

If you mean vidya its different logic.

I think it comes up in amazons attack as its been reconfigured to be a purple death ray.

>forgetting about Sam

Attached: Sam_Simeon_001.jpg (500x754, 138K)

Street Fighter has had comics and cartoons so you're still a dumb faggot

i love you GG!

>Marvel has Wakanda
>DC has Gorilla City
What did they MEAN by this?

They backed out of fixing her origin like it looked like they were going to and instead started to double down on the finch crap despite there being no way the finch origin could have happened in rebirth's continuity since New52 themyscira and everything related to it was a holodeck simulation. Then they made Donna an alcoholic. And now she's going to be brainwashed by Bat-Joker in to being one of his agents.

Don't apes have the smallest penises among primates?

gal gadot is so ugly

They will, if they're required to. They're almost never required to and would not get the main role in the first place if they did. Complain to the casting.

Fpbp

Nah, you're just an anti-semite who can't appreciate a true Israeli kween when you see one.