What happened to the bad kid stereotype? Literally no one is using it despite children loving it

what happened to the bad kid stereotype? Literally no one is using it despite children loving it

Attached: 1538629392035.jpg (1536x2048, 195K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brother's_Little_Helper
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

adults probably figured out that it wasn't a good influence on kids, which kind of sucks cause it's a good character, but it's true that kids can be susceptible to wanting to copy it and give no fucks, which can be bad, I think animators these days for better or for worse are waking up to the fact they they sow the seeds for kids behavior int heir cartoons and don't want to feed into anything that could get them in trouble if some kids decided to copy what they saw on tv

cartoons are currently drove by millenial parent-wanabes who can't tolerate their potential kids to like shit like disrespecting their authority, or eating meat. They also need to project themselves into those infants to deny the fact they got old themselves.

This. Animation went back to the way it was in the 80s, where it's trying to set a good example for the kiddies but at the expense of being boring as shit

>adults probably figured out that it wasn't a good influence on kids
yeah because themselves became drug addicted rapist for liking all that action alright? the fact is they don't want kids to have fun, they want kids to obey their house politics, which means total obedience. Individual thinking is seen as a racist alt right thing, good open minded left people think the same and obey the same.

You have megaauts

what's megaauts

mega autism

The people making shows now were probably teased/bullied by those kind of kids. Now it's all loveable oafs and snarky nerds but not too nerdy.

Millennial here,
I thought Bart was funny but wasn’t an interesting character. Homer was a way more appealing character, and I think the writers knew this.
Some guys in this thread say it was a bad influence for kids, but I was more influenced by the internet and the kids around me than a prime time television show. The Simpsons isn’t even counter culture, Bart saying damn and hell doesn’t change America like it used to. The only way a Bad Boy character could bring actual attention was if he was a stormfronter with persuasive dialogue

It stopped being cute when the bad white kids started gunning down classrooms full of less privileged kids irl.

Ben 10 is.

Attached: 94B73314-A48A-40FB-855C-958B3ACA14F0.jpg (1200x675, 145K)

10/10

Attached: 18D3F9FE-571D-480C-95A6-75DD3721C5CF.jpg (255x290, 17K)

Ben 10 Monsters

that doesn't stop Bart from being marketable for kids, wich is, what I suppose, animators want

Is it possible to be counter-culture and not be alt-right?

no, counter-culture is counter-government at this point and if you step out of line you get slandered as a hatemonger

In Japan it is strong.

Attached: csc.gif (500x281, 999K)

The only way to do that at this point is to be a centrist, since counterculture is just culture at this point

Another victory for Yea Forums

on a personal level, yes. but at the moment social media finds you they'll label you in a group they don't like. If oyu are lucky they'll call you virgin, otherwise, enjoy the nazi flag.

You haven't interacted with another human being that wasn'ton Yea Forums in years

the people who make cartoons these days are a bunch of faggot goody goodies

This and parents coddle their kids so much a scratch is akin to losing a limb.

Duncan from Total DramaRama

Now they're buttmonkeys and girls are the bad guys who get away with it.

>THIS IS YOU!
Whatever make you sleep at night, retard.

Bart was marketed as counter culture, it wasn't integral to his character
he was just a misunderstood trouble maker

he didn't have a life as shitty as say Nelson, but he was an underachiever and proud of it
"Bart vs. Thanksgiving" and "Bart Gets an "F""
best study his character

I suppose in 2019 a kid like Bart wouldn't have time to be a bad boy because he'd be put on meds instead

I think they had an episode about that, but it was Lisa who got meds instead for some reason

There was a season 11 episode where he was medicated, Brother's Little Helper.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brother's_Little_Helper

...So does Gumball not count? He's well meaning but the dude's selfish and prone to mischief when he and Darwin get hype over stuff.

This is just conjecture but I also feel that the trope got overused in the 90s and 00s.

Like, everywhere. Smarmy bad boy assholes and societal rebels who stick it to the man, from pretty much everything Jim Carrey related to even the Animaniacs trolling the hell out of both nun kicking shitheads and famous historical figures who were minding their own business at the time.

Freakazoid was a mischievous child in his mannerisms, albeit one who could wedgie super villains.

Then during the dark times in CN before Adventure time when they were trying all that live action shit, among the *actual* cartoons you have complete fucking assholes like Bloo, the entirety of My Gym Partner's a monkey, et. all. The execs at the time wanted more asshole characters around because it seemed more funny/would sell.

right
but bart is still supposed to be that "misunderstood troublemaker"
the show really doesn't understand that and either try to make him to much of a hell-raiser, or to much of a doormat
never a balance, makes his character really inconsistent

Fuck that, this user is unironically right about television animation regressing back to the 80s (some of the fucking cartoons are back too, just in shiner paint).

Is it really that difficult to tell your kids that television isn't real and you shouldn't imitate it?

I'm sure they see much worse on YouTube nowadays anyway...

>The only way a Bad Boy character could bring actual attention was if he was a stormfronter with persuasive dialogue
So basically 90s Cartman

>Animation went back to the way it was in the 80s
>television animation regressing back to the 80s

>Dennis the Menace. First episode date: September 22, 1986
Granted, cartoon Dennis was made to be a Dairy Queen mascot and was but a shadow of the hellion he was in his comicstrip. Heathcliff was a far bigger S.O.B.

Capitalism ruins art, comrades.

Literally everyone in fiction went "bad is cool". It's no point have a bad kid/problem child when everyone around it's just as bad or worse.

>Is it really that difficult to tell your kids that television isn't real and you shouldn't imitate it?
Yes. You think you're just gonna tell them something once and they're just going to be like "oh, okay! I'll never do it again! Thanks!" No. As someone who's job it is to take care of elementary age kids and spoken with several types of parents I can say easily that it IS hard. It still should be done, but don't speak as if it's something you can get accomplished in a day.

>Is it really that difficult to tell your kids that television isn't real and you shouldn't imitate it?
yes.
don't you watch the news?

I see what you did there

Attached: SMIRK.jpg (228x221, 13K)

>cartoons are currently drove by millenial parent-wanabes who can't tolerate their potential kids to like shit like disrespecting their authority
that's literally every generation of parents, though

>culture is so anti-war that conservatives call Palestinians war criminals and liberals call Israelis war criminals, because it's wrong to just support the side you want to win
>weed is getting legalized and cops carry around medicine for the express purpose of saving junkies from overdosing, because society no longer sees drug users as worthless degenerates
>racism has been destroyed to the extent that businesses will fire employees for kicking out loiterers who are non-white

The only classically left-leaning element of counter-culture left is being against big business, and that means getting rid of your social media, so no one is ever going to do that.

Less worried about influencing kids and being blamed. And more about influencing kids and being sued for it. Companies are terrified some kid will copy something that happened in a show and the parents backed by a church group takes them down and has everyone run out of business.

cool lies brah.
Kids are smart and perfectly make the difference. You are just incompetent and stole the job of someone who would actually deserve the money.

>the news
>all accidents are retarded adults with 5 genders in the head shotting their guns for spoiler movie plots and cuckholdry garbage
Stop rewritting history, leftard.

So user, how many hours of political youtube vids do you watch every day?

Which is a total opposite of their time. If you watch any shows or even commercials from the 90s it is almost all
>Parents are so uncool!
>teachers and principals are so uncool and boring
>Hey! don't do what that teacher says!
>Would you rather have totally rad guitar solo gum? Or horrible lunch lady hairnet beans?

Everything was about rebellion, never do anything any smelly old people tell you to do, everyone on a skateboard, everything kids is really rad and cool with sick guitar solos. Everything from young kids shows to gum and cereal commercials were Twisted sister videos with the uncool dads trying to stop the cool kids from having fun.

These days, your company will fire you if they hear about a completely unrelated incident that happened in your own time, away from work that has nothing to do with your job whatsoever.

Make a comment that members of a korean boyband with the same haircut and clothes look too similar, lose your job. Get angry that no one in a restaurant can speak english, lose your job, tell a homeless man to fuck off, lose your job.

When I was a kid I saw Bart as a pretty shitty and insufferable character. Breaking the rules for your own means or to challenge something is understandable and something I could get behind, wallowing in it for attention and imagewise and just breaking the rules for that sake is cringe and being a slave to counterfagging
I guess that's why I found straight up villains way more appealing than rebel boys next door.
maybe nu-kids came to that realization

Guess how I know someone doesn't have a job? All that shit sounds like 'straw that broke the camels' back stuff in my experience. Those people were already on the verge of getting canned or the company was downsizing so they just needed a quick and easy excuse.

Nah, someone appears on any form of social media having a breakdown and everyone else on Earth has to distance themselves from them in every way they can.

Attached: 1531073044404.gif (320x228, 1.78M)

Don't act like a retarded autist on the internet then.

Based stealth poster

Same thing that happened to the delinquent that rides a motorbike into the sunset in manga.

thanks, I guess that means I'm right

Not internet, they get pissed off at something out in the world. And someone else is always nearby with a phone ready to record everything and post it.