ITT: Utter trash redesigns of existing characters

ITT: Utter trash redesigns of existing characters.

This shitpile is still around somehow

Attached: tumblr_ngsdtabwcP1re8ijgo1_1280-640x310.jpg (640x310, 49K)

Her original costume was actual trash. This actually looks good.

Attached: BG_Cv352.jpg (1200x1859, 465K)

False, it's a great redesign that had obnoxious fanfare surrounding it. The current costume is a trash redesign.

nice joke friend

Attached: 6703495-batgirl.jpg (505x590, 64K)

She's wearing a backpack under her cape.

Dani's XTREME 90s swimsuit

Attached: X-Force #32 - Moonstar.png (725x639, 853K)

This absolute disgrace.

Attached: Scarlet Witch.jpg (418x640, 71K)

Honestly, I just dislike most of Harley's new look that doesn't look like a harlequin. Just seems too tryhard.

Attached: Harley_Quinn_Arkham_Asylum.jpg (465x799, 57K)

Attached: Suprema Before and After.jpg (818x612, 265K)

Sexy arms but Jesus what happened to her hips?

She's never gonna be able to give birth now.

Attached: hunt_for_wolverine__mystery_in_mandripoor__4_color_by_terrydodson-dckyu0a.jpg (723x1105, 198K)

Do you mean Jessica or her outfit?

absolutely.

Everyone used to think this before zoomers happened.

It worked within the context of the post-apocalyptic design aesthetic of the Arkham games. It just doesn't work in the regular DCU.

None of these are actually bad you're just mad they cover up more. Or at least in some cases, don't outline every crevice of the characters' body.

The 2000s leather era had some clunkers.

Attached: nightcrawler-bigcostume6.jpg (316x500, 38K)

Attached: dynamite-redesigns.jpg (600x355, 231K)

You realize that Marvel died when they decide to change this classic and modern suit for this thing that does not remember a super hero suit
You realize that whoever is in charge now does not know comics.

Attached: Spider-Man-female-superhero-team-up.jpg (620x320, 64K)

There is no such a thing as bad redesigns. Just bad art. If the art is good even the most silly costume will look good, if the art is mediocre then anything will look like shit

Her old outfit was more unique. What were they thinking? Who's buying this shit?

Attached: 1531795052184.jpg (962x854, 480K)

yeah the new one is so utterly generic. like something from some indie line

Curious what you think of this. I think it is possibly the best departure from her original suit that maintains it's spirit while updating it to adhere to the modern costume design aesthetic.

Attached: Untitled (2).png (1173x847, 896K)

Wasn't that particular Red Sonja outfit basically a WW costume recolor? Also Dejah Thoris has always been covered up compared to the books. The Vampirella redesign isn't a bad costume, just way too different.

Jess's old costume wasn't good either. It was a completely generic bodysuit and I never understood people's obsession with returning to it instead of giving her a better one that retains the sex appeal.

I really hated this practicool phase, b cause for every one that made a costume that looked alright you had dozens more that were boring uninspired shit. It was almost as bad as when they started putting every hero in tactical gear, except it didn’t last anywhere near as long.

This design is hot, I love it

Superheroes don't have to wear masks and bodytight latex, you know.

Better than her old one.... shes fucking never looked even half decent

If you separate it from the politics and whatever that surrounds it I actually really like that look. Her worst design was the one from The Batman cartoon

My favorite Jessica design is probably the most generic one

Attached: 64f084aacbfaebd19c54a3efc0044412.jpg (250x375, 24K)

>I really hated this practicool phase

That Babs costume isn't even practicool. Putting superheroes in tactical gear is fine if it fits with their power/skillset (Batman and Green Arrow for example benefit from it the most), but that Babs suit was just a leather jacket, jeans and some ugly yellow boots. For a sidekick to a multi-billionaire, she should look the part and have a professionally tailored suit. Not some janky-ass getup she put together at a dollar store for $15.95.

>That Babs costume isn't even practicool. Putting superheroes in tactical gear is fine if it fits with their power/skillset (Batman and Green Arrow for example benefit from it the most), but that Babs suit was just a leather jacket, jeans and some ugly yellow boots. For a sidekick to a multi-billionaire, she should look the part and have a professionally tailored suit. Not some janky-ass getup she put together at a dollar store for $15.95.

yeah i liked some of the ideas from that run. but definitely not the costume. no idea what they were thinking with that one. just looked like they took someone's bad fanart from tumblr to me

>It worked within the context of the post-apocalyptic design aesthetic of the Arkham games
I'm sorry, what?
No, it didn't work period, plus Asylum Harley was the worst of the bunch.
Arkham games don't have a post apocalyptic design, that's the most retarded shit I've read this week, and it just started.
Arkham's aesthetic is just classic Gotham city's art decor and repurposed buildings with some extra grime and grit thrown into it.

Attached: 46b414f7337dcd996aad12791686a977.jpg (800x1400, 103K)

the politics? lel

gets the face right at least, though i think it misses something without the white accents

I miss the mask. Tacticool glasses are so lame.

Attached: standard_incredible.jpg (450x450, 46K)

what annoys me the most is the belt. it's just dangling there. dumb

I'm glad this phase is over

I think goggles are cool, these just don't really look good.

Catwoman's tacticool goggles look for instance is the best she's ever looked but this just seems kind of mundane and lame for a spider-person,

Arkham Harley is hot as fuck, especially when she has a giant futa cock

It's spandex, not latex. Sorry user, but superheroes wear costumes.

>Jess's old costume wasn't good either.

So?

The issue here is the new costume makes even less sense for her and is an even blander design than the old one.

It's over?

Low-hanging fruit, but I have to call out Nu-Male Thor: God of Hammers.

Notice how a lot of these bad designs come from Marvel?

Attached: thor_odinson_by_lucianovecchio-dbt82ic.png (1000x1414, 906K)

That's because no one gives enough shits about DC's boring, forgettable new characters to even criticize them. The Signal looks like he's wearing cardboard boxes but half the people on here don't even know who he is. Also, they invented the extraneous lines on everything and those are universally disliked.

Marvel/Disney are outrageous, even knowing the new suit are ugly they do not come back
The new suit has an ugly visual and nothing practical, the old was one of the best now it seems a parody done by some junior fashion designer

>covering up more
>not bad

Attached: silence-liberal-schmoopy-boop-stfu-38075786.png (500x347, 77K)

That’s not as bad as his civil war II costume. They had him wearing literal chain mail

Attached: D0333038-AF92-4C75-A3FF-4C1FC527B299.png (500x400, 157K)

>The Signal looks like he's wearing cardboard boxes but half the people on here don't even know who he is.

I don't think it's an issue on people not knowing who he is, but more on remembering who he is. Duke was a pretty boring dude. Almost as bad as Harper Row.

jesus christ that's a lot of exposed vagina bone

This was a great outfit and I wish she got plowed by Killer Moth.

Mark's original costume is literally perfect, idk why they felt the need to change it.

Attached: Invincible_superhero.jpg (500x804, 66K)

>no idea what they were thinking with that one.
The same thing they always thing with practicool
>We're designing this so lazy fangirls can cosplay it with stuff that's already in their closet for social media advertising.

the original remains the best

Attached: 1454228847123.jpg (1024x655, 180K)

>Superheroes don't have to wear masks
The ones doing the whole secret identity thing kinda do.

The backstory for how she got this costume is even more retarded than how she ended up with .

>Oh no, the rental place where I inexplicably put away all my bat gear got wrecked. I can ask the multi billionaire vigilante whose motif I adopted and knows my identity if he can spring me some new bat gear, or I can just go thrift store shopping and be cosplay batgirl.
>Oh no now my cosplay costume is completely wrecked. Better go back home and dig out this "prototype" batgirl outfit to go fight crime in! What do you mean I could have worn this after my other batsuit got wrecked? Don't be silly, I needed to go dumpster diving for a new low budget outfit!

>we dont want anyone to buy our books

That's nothing compared to Titania's.

Attached: DU5gONRWkAEiZg1.jpg (800x731, 128K)

i liked the bandanna don't get why people have a weird need to mute every costume

Were these designs mostly so people could put less effort into cosplaying the characters?

Plasticman is pretty based. The only guy in comics that refuses to use anything but tights.
No redesign can fuck him up too badly imo.

Attached: 9Plas.jpg (1041x1600, 541K)

That's not even bad, just not as good as the first one.

Yeah, but considering book Dejah Thoris was completely naked aside from her jewelry, a few liberties are to be expected when she enters a visual medium. Still, some comics were more... faithful to her description than others.
Reading Warlord of Mars, I almost completely stopped noticing how almost-nude she and the rest of the Martians were.

Attached: WARLORD_OF_MARS_DEJAH_THORIS_13.jpg (600x900, 107K)

What's wrong with this again

The costume sucked, but I did enjoy the power up that let her shove Jane Thor's face in

Not him but all the gold should be silver and the arm should go back to the Destroyer arm.

why is this wrong tho?

>The same thing they always thing with practicool

But it's not practicool.

>Kraven the Hunters daughter x Carnage symbiote
Tell me I'm wrong.

but this looks fine? Does Jess usually have that belt like that, because it kinda looks like she's mirroring Carol's ribbon.

shit taste my, dude. There are no bad Batgirl

The actual reason why she didn't get another costume from Bruce is because it was during a "Batfamily issues" phase and the reason why she just so happened to have an old prototype suit at her dad's place is because they needed to justify the costume change.

No lie, I hope the loose pants, lace up boots, and spiked pads stick around. Just put her back in the classic top, mask, and wrestling belt.

>Scarlet Witch wearing Ben Reilly's mask

kill yourself

Why do they continue with this costume?

Yeah, they really fucked us

Attached: 1541188649771.jpg (394x900, 77K)

Anything over, like, the last decade. From tacticool to practicool to wanting to look like movies to stuff made for cosplayers it's shit. It's all shit.

I like this a lot more than her shit original suit. Every other Spider-Woman had a better suit than her for decades.

Yea Forums has this weird thing that if a change is made that people don't like they suddenly start defending the original, even if the original was terrible, instead of recognizing a sideways move.

Wait, so can jet fuel melt plastic beams?

Um, no sweetie. The new redesign is objectively trash and should stay hidden forever.

Huh, Plasticman is kinda right.
Like, If you could survive a machine gun turret point blank why even wear armor?
Spandex suits doesn’t seem so bad now.

>Short hair and beard because MCU synergy
>Gaudy gold arm that looks more like a latex opera glove than a mechanical arm
>Hammer that's just a golden copy of Mjolnir, but shittier
>Costume is just a lazier sleeveless version of his based post-Civil War costume

It's just all around shit

Attached: jessica_vs._the_dark_avengers.jpg (1743x1920, 472K)

This suit is just as bad moron

Captain Manverse Dyke hair

Attached: a48be37dbc6e7fae2f25f7de89e7b252.jpg (1200x800, 85K)

Not an actual argument.

How ass blasted can you be that when an user disagrees with you you become that defensive?

Your post bunch of retard buzzwords about how her costume change ruined Marvel or some shit. His post "No, the original suit is also bad". Which is technically more of an argument than your first statement.

>How ass blasted can you be that when an user disagrees with you you become that defensive?

That depends. Why ARE you so defensive about someone liking Spider-Woman's original suit.

Shhhh your autism is showing

Sounds like was right

To hell with lore, this Green Lantern design is atrocious.

Attached: alanscott7.png (773x936, 1.2M)

isn't that his skin?

No, he's doing the "costume inexplicably matches skin color" thing.

Speaking of that trend...

Attached: 4891381-vision2015003-wardvar-70432.jpg (900x1366, 198K)

The further a Scarlet Witch costume moves away from her classic costume, the worse they get. The short hair makes this one even worse.

>Be called Green Lantern
>Wear a lantern as a costume
>Name makes more sense than ever
>Costume is worst Green Lantern costume

He doesn't look like his head can move in that thing.

Wasnt Cap's WW2 era suit also chainmail?

If not for knowing the character and the side shot I would have assumed the pictured character was male.

I personally can't stand this shit. Every comic with girls now has to highlight that they text and BFF each other and all that other Tee Hee shit.

"What do superhero shit, Naw, we're shopping for SHOES TODAY!"

Attached: ddddd.jpg (360x553, 77K)

He can't. He's basically wearing a glorified back and neck brace due to a prior injury he shouldn't have sustained in the first place.

Getting rid of this design is pretty much the only good thing that's happened to Shiva for the last ten years.

Attached: Lady ShivOhGoFuckYourself.jpg (667x686, 87K)

Depends the contexts.

Again, plasticman is already overpower creature. So, no armor can protect him. While superman and his pals have to deals with villians that can hurt them.

Attached: giphy.gif (242x269, 460K)

Attached: 99 percent accurate.jpg (1200x1845, 798K)

Arkham's aesthetic is the Schumacher Batman movies only they're taking themselves seriously now.

This is halfway to Arcane Green Lantern. Giving it a helmet of some kind makes it salvageable.

Attached: arcanine.jpg (2311x936, 558K)

I got one word for you: transparent goggles

looks painful

That design was fine. They ruined her by making her pregnant though.

Truly one of the worst

and that artwork is terrible and wrong
I do not want to buy this
don't sells
they have to make comics for everyone with good history and art
It's not working and Marvel insists that it does not sell and it's not working.
they are losing many readers every year

Art looks cute, the colouring is simple but works, making the colours pop. I don’t see what’s so wrong about it. This is the cover only though

Attached: 26f.png (1000x1512, 1.68M)

Nu52 Nightwing have the best suit.

I like the costume and I like short haired women, the only issue is that they refuse to draw her with curves

Attached: captain marvel1.jpg (1920x2898, 1.1M)