Steve Ditko

What do you think he thought about the modern comic book industry?

Attached: Dhdvbt9U0AAj6pO.jpg (465x424, 45K)

Steve "Fuck Kirby" Ditko

Comics were never good.

They were good when the editors were plentiful and took their jobs seriously.

"Fucking communists, they ruin everything!"

He would of hated it.

Remember this is a man who wanted Spider-Man to end with issue #50 back and have it explained to readers that his powers were only ever meant to be temporary (something hinted at in early issues such as #11 and 12 and 1st Annual) with Peter Parker tossing his costume into bin and walking away, wishing he was able to of done more with his powers when he had chance.

It'snow well known fact part of reason behind he wanted it to end Amazing Spider man run was because he hated how commercialize the whole thing had became with cartoons and lunch boxes and coloring in books.

Wasn't the guy some sort of Randroid shut-in with an insane black and white view of morality?

He HATED the comic book industry even in his own day.

So 12 months out from what he conceived to be Spider man final issue he arranged meeting with Stan Lee to discuss how he wanted to end series only with Stan Lee to tell him no, that's not going to happen and that series would continue with him or without him.

Steve Dikto enraged by this, thinking that series couldn't continue without him, got into rage and threw Stan Lee favorite typewriter out of his office window but not before tearing ribbons out and throwing them at him and his secretary, giving her black eye.

Ironically the man who created Marvel greatest Super hero ended up being led out of their building in handcuffs only to return decades later. His last issue of Amazing Spider-Man would be issue #38 (with unaccredited touches by Gil Kane).

>Remember this is a man who wanted Spider-Man to end with issue #50 back and have it explained to readers that his powers were only ever meant to be temporary (something hinted at in early issues such as #11 and 12 and 1st Annual) with Peter Parker tossing his costume into bin and walking away, wishing he was able to of done more with his powers when he had chance.
>It'snow well known fact part of reason behind he wanted it to end Amazing Spider man run was because he hated how commercialize the whole thing had became with cartoons and lunch boxes and coloring in books.
I actually like how cynical this sounds, is ditkos run any good? I’ve never had much interest in spider man past the raimi films

"get off my lawn kid, and get the fuck out with your camera, I'm working here"

>Ironically the man who created Marvel greatest Super hero ended up being led out of their building in handcuffs
what? sauce for that, or are you talking out of your ass?

Yeah gonna need some source on all this

At least Ditko wasn't jewish

Google it.

Most of what I said is just compilation of different things I was able to find on Internet days after he died.

The story surrounding why he up left Spider-Man during middle of his run always fascinated me as kid and like alot of people I always assume it was because they had disagreement over who Green Goblin was going be with Stan Lee wanting Harry Osbourne Dad and Steve Dikto Jonah Jameson.

Apparently none of that was true and that they always intended it to be Norman Osbourne. The real reason for fall out was because he was self important nerd of cunt to work with who suddenly became violent to everybodyaround him when he found out that he no longer had any control over a character that he always thought was his.

Same thing he thought about everything else, he was bitter and pissy about it.

>The real reason for fall out was because he was self important nerd of cunt to work with who suddenly became violent to everybodyaround him when he found out that he no longer had any control over a character that he always thought was his.
Ditko did nothing wrong standing up to Stan for whoring out his character and creative integrity. Ditko was based

He never owned the character, Marvel Comics did, and he knew this.

Still if you want me talking out of my ass the only things I can offer you is stories that they already planned on making Jonah Jameson son the Rhino after he crash lands his rocket into Central Park zoo to avoid hitting General Grant Tomb and then Kraven turning up and hunting him down to get revenge on Jonah Jameson. I heard that shit on podcast but haven't been able to find any kind of confirmation on it so far.

Doesn’t matter, he stood up for what he believed in, artistic integrity. Their is good writing, and then their is hacks like lee who protstitute out peoples ideas on lunchbox and toy figures, and they and their typewriters of evil must be punished, hrmm

I have, so until you can cite those sources, I’m calling bullshit on violent Ditko breaks Lee’s typewriter

He attacked his secretary and smashed his stuff.

The man was unhinged and clearly needed help.

From what we know of his life and his inability to hold down any kind of lasting relationship the man may of died as ninety year old virgin. That's your hero incel.

He did own integrity and dignity, something you might never understand

Spoopy. Tales from the Marvel Crypt

>From what we know of his life and his inability to hold down any kind of lasting relationship the man may of died as ninety year old virgin. That's your hero incel.
Insert cap America quote about standing your ground

The man was a true American if their ever was one, god rest his soul wherever he is. I’m going to read some of his 60s spider man, you’ve convinced me to do so now.

Spider-Man was a children's character. Kids wanted Spider-Man on their lunchboxes. There was literally no reason too act like an autistic faggot about it.

Cool dude. Don't care.

Like I said Google it and go through links. It there somewhere. If it means that much to you then go do your own godamn research as you clearly just don't know enough about Steve Dikto to believe what I am saying.

Ditko did nothing wrong.

None of this is anywhere I've ever seen, neither at Ditko's documentary, nor at Marvel's untold story nor anywhere else.
It looks like you're creating a fiction based on scraps of truth (their disagreement about Goblin, it wasn't supposed to be JJJ, it was supposed to be some literal who on the street).
Also, Ditko never pulled a Waterson, he didn't mind the commercial stuff, he wanted credit and royalties over those things but that's all.
ACTUAL SOURCES: Sean Howe's Marvel biography, BBC's Searching for Ditko.

I don't think you know enough about Ditko, considering the man was a shy, conflict-avoiding dude who would purposefully avoid Lee and communicate with as few people as possible inside Marvel.

If you like the Raimi movies then you'll definitely like Lee & Ditko's run as that was Raimi's main inspiration for the first two movies and the parts of the third that weren't forced in due to executive meddling.

>Ditko wanted green goblin to be Jameson

Imma need a sauce in that, I always heard he never wanted the goblin to be anyone Pete knew. It’s the only thing I ever disagreed with him on in terms of spider-man

Took us four posts. But, we got there in the end.
/thread

>Imma need a sauce in that, I always heard he never wanted the goblin to be anyone Pete knew. It’s the only thing I ever disagreed with him on in terms of spider-man

i kind of love that idea. totally subverts your expectations

He argued that's how it would happen in real life, but you know, comics aren't real life, it's much more poignant if your nemesis is your best bud's dad. Those expectations were only there to be subverted because, thankfully, Lee vetoed Ditko's ideia, and Lee's idea was so good that it became a cliche that you know wish to see subverted.