So...a thought occurs. Is there grief counselling for the people whose lives were ruined by the snap being UNDONE?

So...a thought occurs. Is there grief counselling for the people whose lives were ruined by the snap being UNDONE?

I mean, there were shittons of lives ruined by the snap, but five years is a long time. What about all the people who rebuilt their lives? Or people whose snapping led to others dying?

>my name's Jon Blithe. I'm a professional pilot...or I was. Five years ago, I was flying an airbus to France, when something felt weird...and then I woke up in Paris. I was told that all the people on my plane, who didn't get turned to dust all died because I disappeared...I know it's not my fault, but I can't help but feel like those 75 people died because of me.

or how about

>My name is Adelaine Statler...or, I guess it was. I felt a little weird as my husband and I were vacationing in Italy. I woke up, and found out that the man whom I'd been married to for 10 years, married someone else! I know it's been five years, but for me it was only an hour. I know it's not fair to blame him, but...what was our life together? was it all a sham?

or how about

>my son was on a schoolbus going on a field trip to the washington monument. He was on the interstate when the bus driver was turned to dust...with no driver, the bus went flying, and my little Ryan died in the wreck...and now, the man who was driving that bus is fine, and my little boy is still dead!

Attached: thanos-mass-extinction-science-635cf613.jpg (885x498, 40K)

and what about identification? Do they need to get an indicator on their cards that 'despite being born in 2002, peter parker spent from 2018 to 2023 not existing, and is thus still 16'?

A thot occurs

Obviously since Thanos wanted to kill exactly 50%, dustings that would immediately cause additional deaths would not occur.

However people that got dusted while riding airplanes, and then got snapped back by Bruce would appear back in the air and immediately plummet

The bigger thing is going to be do you reappear where you were snapped? Because there is going to be a lot of people falling down or reappearing in buildings or things.

>Ah'm a dairy farmer. Five years ago, half my herd up n' vanished, and since then, ah've been providin' fer the survivors in the nearby areas. But cuz' of the changes ta the infrastructure and population, ah repurposed mah barn, and trimmed down mah scope of mah farms. Now mah cows are all back, but I got no space for 'em, and even if ah did, ah aint as young as ah used ta be, and ah aint got the money to hire back all muh farmhands."

or how about
>My husband and I were going on our honeymoon when I was turned to dust...all I can remember was driving to the airport...and waking up at home. I found out from his mother that after I was turned to dust...he took his own life.

thanos dusted indiscriminately.

The sheer amount of heartbreak and misery the Snap caused is actually really upsetting to think about. When Alderaan blew up billions of people died, sure, but it was over in an instant. This is trillions of people dealing with loss and confusion and sorrow.

>Filling out job application
>Slot to put in birthdate
>Right next to it
>"Were you affected by the Thanos incident, and thus are biologically five years younger?
>Yes
>No
That's actually kind of hilarious to think how superhero shenanigans would affect bureaucracies and shit.

Attached: Skeleton Office Worker 2.jpg (1280x720, 298K)

"Are you Snapped?"

They literally got memorials for those who got snapped.

They just have to check his name in a database

well that's what I'm asking, would there be a system in place for that?

I remember something in a She-Hulk comic where she sites the Infinity Gauntlet snap and ask for a show of hands of who died during it as a way to prove the possibility of coming back to life

>Happily married
>Husband vanishes during Snap
>Struggle to move on, join support group
>After years, Captain America himself helps me start dating again

Cap and the Avengers then undo the Snap
Does Cap hate gays?

Say some kid in high school is snapped. His girl is devastated and doesn't move on. When he comes back that relationship is now pedophilia, so even now that he's back she can't do anything but watch and wait like a creep.
Kinda fucked.

That might have been the intent, but I think it's fairly clear collateral damage occurred

don't we literally see a helicopter crash in the post-credits of Infinity War

You americans and your "fucking a 17 year old is statutory rape". lol

And still, you morons are supporting this movie.

>movie brings up philosophical questions
>HAHA YOU LIKED THIS?

>pedophilia
>high school
Are you retarded?

what did he mean by this

>Thread about nitpicking plot details
>HOW CAN YOU FOOLS SUPPORT THIS SHIT!
Youtube ruined people.

Traffic's back up and i can't find a parking space
Fucking Avengers

>14 year old freshman starts dating a cute girl in their class
>*snap*
>*snap*
>their girlfriend is now 19, they're still 14

She could have been 15-17 dating a 14 yo, and is now in her early 20s.

It's going to be like how New York had an alien invasion in the first Avengers movie. It happened and people will talk about it but the effects are minimal past the movie.

>some older siblings became younger siblings in the W snap

Attached: 1556932342602.jpg (218x231, 8K)

the invasion is the entire setup for daredevil season 1 and spider-man homecoming

not to mention civil war

Fury almost runs into a car who's driver got dusted too.

Don't worry, soon we'll have Spidey thwipping and quipping over the graves of the people who can't come back. That should make you feel better.

Honestly, you could fill a TV series with the lives of normal people post-snaps. But normal people don't matter. Fucking thicc british bitches is what really matters.

There's so much fun you could do with the snap
>News report talking about all the people who died
>"In a bizarre stroke of probability, it appears that, somehow, the entire staff of DC Comics was killed in the snap."

Attached: Thanos Kills DCEU.jpg (720x721, 66K)

I remember an upcoming TV series about a plane that disappeared and reappeared a few years later, and it seemed really interesting.

>bendis?
>as in brian michael bendis?
>editor of marvel?
>yeah, that bendis
>so we're talking about .....
>......

Then she'll just have to keep her cunt in her pants for the next couple of years. Who cares?

>The discomfort of a couple million humans must be most important than the lives of literally half the living creatures in the whole fucking universe
tame down that ego, lads.

3.8 billion people user. And nobody gives a fuck about xenos

>Lose family cuz the snap
>A year later I meet the love of my life
>Three years later we get married
>Thinking of starting a family
>Next year snap is undone
>My wife lefts me because her fience got un-snapped

Oh no, what am ah gonna do with all dese here cows!! Hahaha

>3.8 billion people user
Are you implying that half of the human population will be fucked up when they snapped back?
That every single one of the people returning to the planet will have the same extreme, unlikely cases like the ones in the OP?

Yeah, for tons of people it'll be Castaway on a global scale. Some will get their life back, some won't... it's honestly enough to make a series about, but it would be a pretty standard drama show instead of anything really fitting the MCU.

Yes, every single one of them will have the same extreme reaction. You don't just magically disappear, then re-appear 5 years later.

It would extremely unlikely that they wouldn't. 3.8 billion people would suddenly appear without jobs or housing on a planet with a shattered economy and little infrastructure.

>come back to life
>your house is raided
>your bank account's gone
>your email is gone

Imagine if everyone in a nuclear power plant died from the snap.

Attached: oh snap.jpg (480x360, 10K)

Hulk's snap restored bank accounts and emails too

Flight of the Navigator vibes with that one.

It could be an anthology series. Each episode, or multi-part episodes, could focus on a different group of people whose lives are directly or indirectly linked due to the Snap and the Reverse Snap. Different writers and directors give different takes on the situation, some dramatic, some comedic, most of them unrealistic.

Guessing nothing will be addressed since everything seems fine and back to normal world-wise in the Far From Home trailer.

The snap affected literally everyone in the universe. One half saw their body turn into dust, went through a near-death experience, and came back to realize they've missed out on five years. The other half lost their loved ones, tried to move on, and then got them back years later (which would cause happy reunions for some people but really awkward and messy situations for some others).
Doubling the population of the universe out of the sudden by bringing dead people back to life would have its after-effects. Life goes on and people are capable of bouncing back from world-changing events, but you'd still have PTSD everywhere for a long time.

I'm glad the Avengers didn't just undo everything, and I'm not complaining about their actions or blaming them. I just think it's interesting to speculate about the effects on the average person. It sort of reminds me of that time in Astro City when solving a time-travel crisis caused a retcon event that wiped one guy's wife from existence. He still had vivid dreams about her, but couldn't understand why he's dreaming about a woman he'd never met. The loss of his wife was minor collateral damage and the price that had to be paid so that the world could be saved, but it's still an engaging story even if it only affects this one random guy.
I really hope Marvel will make something similar, with a focus on the lives of normal citizens after the snaps. There's tons of potential for that.

Attached: AstroCityv2-0.5-14.jpg (977x1518, 497K)

>>Trusting a trailer

I feel like that trailer was pushed out because of all the attention spiderverse was getting, either that or there is a huge ass time lapse from endgame to far from home.

doubtful considering Peter's still in high school

unless he's in college and going on a summer trip with a bunch of his high school friends for some reason, most of whom he is not actually friends with

"Have you been wished away randomly from existence by a purple, fat space alien for five years?"

fair point, kinda wanna see how it's going to fit in their continuity now

supposedly the trailer we're getting later today has Endgame spoilers that will start to fill the gap a little.

You want dark? Imagine a couple coming back into existence, completely unaware of what happened, into a house that's been completely abandoned for 5 years and discovering the desiccated corpse of their unattended baby still in the crib.

5 years is enough time to sort out last wills and testaments and reposes unclaimed assets, so it means that half the population no longer has homes, money or anything else.
Some people have decent families or friends, but imagine all the lonely people with shit families and no friends.

Suddenly half the population reappears and has no job, money or home. It would be the migrant crisis times a thousand.

Food production would have been reduced, so there would be massive food shortages.

Attached: 1517432436404.png (502x432, 223K)

Don't cut yourself on that edge kiddo

And everyone got tacos.

It was a very good snap.

Not that user,but it's an extremely possible scenario after the reverse snap.

Imagine all the children that have been adopted into new families and don't even remember their birth parents

Most of the world just seemed to give up after the snap. When Lang is walking around you see months of garbage piled outside of homes. No one did shit except put up monuments and cry.

I wonder if they held a press conference when they came back from killing Thanos but found the stones destroyed so that people could just deal with the Avengers not fixing things this time.

>would appear back in the air
Where does it state that?

Well if you want to argue that people would come back exactly where they were when dusted, technically they would all come back millions of miles away in space. They never account for celestial movement in time travel stuff.

I'm sure the baby will have been cleaned up in that 5 years time.

I don't know if they'd tell the world they failed. Probably just say "Evil alien named Thanos used a weapon to kill half of everybody"

Sounds cowardly, but the last thing the world would want to hear is "we weren't good enough"

If that was the case most of the snapped would appear in the void of space, because the planet has moved in 5 years

They probably weren't told shit because normies don't matter.

Cap casually mentions Thanos in the group therapy. I think it's probably common knowledge who did it, even if the details are vague.

>"The purple alien from Fortnite killed all your friends"

I think they must have told the public what had happened soon after the first snap, so that there would be some official information available and hopefully a little less chaos, confusion and fear.
I'm not sure how much they would've wanted to talk about the time when they learned the stones were destroyed and things couldn't be undone, though. Maybe there was some kind of really curt press release that informed people that Thanos had been dealt with and he wasn't going to cause any more trouble.

Cap giving the press conference on Thanos' win must've been ROUGH

I wonder if they had to deal with protests, like that mother that goes to Tony after the Lagos thing. Imagine dealing with millions of angered people who lost someone.

I imagine they dealt with a shitload. Says a lot when the only hero still popular is Hulk, who'd been gone for 2 years

Best post

>be raped
>Your rapist gets away with it
>severe trauma, constant fear and always looking behind your shoulder
>they get snapped, eventually you can move on and live a normal life
>snap undone
>see them walking down the street

>I was flying an airbus to France, when something felt weird...and then I woke up in Paris
why the fuck would he wake up in paris? he would wake up where he was snapped in mid air and then fall to his death

I wonder how many convicted and accused criminals they had to wrangle? Unless they reappeared in their cells, that's a lot of felons running free.

>be happily married
>get snapped and unsnapped
>find out wife happily remarried with a 4 year old daughter and 6 year old son

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 17K)

Just murder them. Who's going to know in the confusion?

Could be the plot for a Punisher story.

>Half of insects dissapear
>Insects dont care, still breed fast
>Suddenly a huge wave of snapped insects appear
>Now they can breed ultra fast

S C A R E D

Imagine all the money wasted on funerals for people who are now alive

Yes and they will never tackle it for the same reasons comic barely tackles it.

>this will also happen for bacteria, plagues and many other undesirable pests.
I'm beginning to think that it would have been better for everyone to not undo the snap.

Not without a lot more forethought, anyway.

Honestly, after a generation or two, most planets would be totally fine. But most places were fine before that snap, despite all the troll science Thanos was spouting.

I was just thinking of that.
Exept it was a single-mother.

I don’t wanna think of this it’s too painful

>5 year snap
>6 year old son
I don’t get it

Thanks to the avengers, oil is back to $100+ a barrel. Thanks assholes.

The guy who had my job before the snap came back, now I'm out of work. Fuck the Avengers.

High School relationships aren't that serious dude, she more than likely has at least two kids by now.

>Does Cap hate gays?

He listens to some gay guy talk about how much he and his gay date cried at a dinner and doesn't show a single bit of disgust over it. I doubt it

knocked up by another man before the snap

I was just making a joke suggesting that Cap undid the snap SPECIFICALLY to put that guy in an awkward situation, user.

Most people would have at least some relatives or friends who'd try to call them and find out if they're still alive or not. Also, the governments or local communities probably would've organized some kind of systematic efforts to check out every home, just in case some young or elderly person ended up trapped alone.
It's possible some babies did die soon after losing their parents if nobody managed to find them quickly enough, but I don't think there would still be dead babies in cribs five years later. Their parents would have to be some kind of hermits so that nobody thought of looking for them.

>I thought I was so smart to live off the grid and raise my child in this cave! But some sort of wizard must have attacked, because I felt sick one day and woke up to my skeleton baby!

Well yes... Because Thanos was fucking insane and wrong and when he found out he was wrong his solution was literally blow it all up because he was crazy.

Imagine a pregnant woman who turns to dust but her fetus just falls to the floor

>Singing duwadiddydumdidido

at least i can get laid again

>This is what pro-lifers actually believe
Though honestly, that happening or not happening would give a lot of leverage to either side of that particular argument... and argument I'm not actually wanting to have on Yea Forums so stop typing.

What if the woman was pregnant with twins?

Huh. That’s kinda fucking weird. I remember Starlin writing it so that anyone who got snapped didn’t remember a thing (I think also the people that weren’t snapped) and everything just went back to normal. Wasn’t it only warlock and surfer who had that knowledge? Damn I gotta re-read.

I have something on my mind regarding this. Did half of all sentient life on earth suddenly being snapped out of existence/snapped back into existence 5 years later affect air pressure or anything like that? I feel like that’s a shit ton of mass to suddenly remove from the atmosphere and vise versa without any kind of physical affect on the planet. Suddenly there’s a lot more oxygen being breathed and considerable mass being reintroduced into the environment.

Who else here thinks there were some insane post-snap sex cults to repopulate the planet

Is there a specific reason it had to be a snap except that it was based on his snap from the comics? Nothing else the glove did was with a snap of the fingers. Did Hulk have to snap too? Did Tony?

>massive explosion at avengers compound in upstate NY
>enormous UFO hovering above

There HAD to be several news crews stalking nearby trying to get footage of the battle right?

If the brothers had to rationalize it, i imagine they’d say it has something to do with a literal movement that would cause all the stones to act together. Thanos can’t even inact individual stone power without closing his fist.

to have sex or not to have sex, that is the question

Stupid niggers
Don't you realize that with casualties there would be more than half the universe dying to the snap
The stones and thanos are not that stupid
When he said half he meant half
Planes entire passangers must have dissapeared together
So must have schoolbuses, which likely why all of spidermans friends cameback with him, they were on a school trip

>I really hope Marvel will make something similar, with a focus on the lives of normal citizens after the snaps. There's tons of potential for that.

Have you ever seen Torchwood? It started out as a shit Buffy/Angel riff spinning out of Doctor Who, but they started dealing with "events" rather than monster of the week.

For example, there was a ten week series dealing with what happens when no one on earth can die any more, examining the fall out and how people deal with it.

It would be a brilliant position for Agents of Shield to move into - the immediate aftermath of the snap and everything that happens afterwards.

So you definitely absolutely watched the post credits of endgame where an unmanned helicopter crashed into a building, or fury getting in an accident because someone was driving and disappeared? Thanos doesn’t give a fuck about collateral damage. If anything it further aids his cause.

How the FUCK do I read Infinity Gauntlet on Marvel Unlimited? The trade isn't scanned and their UI is nonexistent

It was all calculated, everyone in the building was snapped, everyone in the car crash was snapped

MY
WIFE'S
SON

ot3 time

Bro... that’s retarded

Attached: 33077060-E110-4D10-A057-F2533A3CA312.gif (200x150, 966K)

kek-o's

Bumpin for an interesting thread

You're just as bad as the people who said Dawn of Justice was too smart for people

Thanks is dumb

9/10 would snap again

>In Fortnite you can play as the biggest mosnter in the history of the universe, who probabbly murdered your friends and family
How did Epic get away with this?

Imagine a pregnant woman who's fetus turns to dust, causing her to lose the pregnancy and her anatomy to revert to normal. However then 5 years later her fetus re-materializes inside her body but since her body is unprepared for a 7 month old fetus (since the female anatomy does steadily shift quite a bit over those 9 months to accommodate) they both die.

Literally "Thanos made me miscarry then Hulk accidentally murdered me with my own 5 year old fetus".

>tfw they completely missed the chance to do this in the next Spiderman movie by making it so that Peter's ENTIRE FUCKING SCHOOL got snapped by pure fucking coincidence.

Don't worry user, they went well out of their way to make sure that the greater implications of the snap are never explored.

Wert Internation emma goner dude bert derm dom kers

Time, space, mind gems. He should be omniscient, if it were anything like comic power levels

It would be a huge waste of an idea to not address the effects the snap and unsnap had on the general population of Earth or any planet

Indeed, but it's a shame the MCU is just going to gloss over it and move on to setting up the next crossover film throughout the next several solo films.

I think they confirmed the disney XD shows are going to go into the effects of the snaps

In an universal scale, for every example and counter example there is counter example and counter counter example ready to take its place.

So it's very possible for any scenario to happen at least once, even just on Earth.

Banner probably had time to supermath the wish in the second he snapped. Remember in that moment he was trying to find a way to save Nat, too.

>However people that got dusted while riding airplanes, and then got snapped back by Bruce would appear back in the air and immediately plummet
Retard logic.

If they truly appeared where they last were, they'd be in the vacuum of space, dipshit.

>waiting and hope to GOD he doesn't hook up with that bitch Clara who got snapped with him

It was called Manifest. Years had passed I think and then all of a sudden, they returned without any age to them whatsoever. They thought a few hours had passed but five years had actually gone on in the world.

By recasting it a bit.
>in Fortnite, you can kill the greatest monster in the universe.