Devil's Candy

>Brandy

devilscandycomic.com/

Attached: 1557114648-DVC_ch09_p012[1].png (800x1157, 320K)

Look, I don't wanna say that I've found my waifu, but...

Oh my god.

If it's Ringo I could understand the mask but why the gloves?

Attached: DYsXVXaU0AAiC9C.jpg (1196x1196, 149K)

she's a fine girl, what a good waifu she would be

But my life, my lover, my lady is Mrs. C

Attached: Mrs_Capra_is_an_awesome_hot_badass.png (800x1157, 296K)

DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO

Cuz plant-boy's hands are probably dumb vines or some shit.

Is that a fucking Jabberwocky?

So many hotdog buns and only one little sausage...

WHENS HITOMI

Attached: 1555784870643.png (650x387, 212K)

Reminds me of those chinese statues

Attached: a-stone-chinese-lion-statue-standing-on-a-smaller-one-in-the-entrance-GA6T3R[1].jpg (862x1390, 205K)

Attached: tumblr_ot3rfd5y9i1szff8go2_1280.jpg (650x773, 183K)

i hope that’s a mask.

>Dullahans
>Devil
>Vampires
>Devil
>Ghosts and Skeletons
>Not Devils

The lore in this comic is messed up.

Attached: __original_drawn_by_nukomasu__7e0d2a2e46b5796f2bc99569c5efc2c2.jpg (707x1000, 169K)

It's kind of weird. Kazu says ghosts aren't real but devils can come back from death as skeletons to complete unfinished business.

Attached: dvc_wall_2016_10 - Copy.jpg (1050x591, 381K)

>Dullahan
>fairy
>Vampire
>undead
>Ghosts
>just fucking dead
>Skeleton
>just fucking dead possessing a corpse, or a revenant (basically a significantly more OP version of the former),or a bone golem
The lore in real life is messed up.

The way this comic handles the undead is weird. Like, vampires aren't dead devils, but an actual species. There's no correlation with them and the undead skeletons at all. Makes me wonder why they didn't use an actual LIVING bloodsucking monster instead.

Then again, this comic seems to bend the lore to allow certain designs, Nemo being a prime example.

Attached: Don Dracula 8.jpg (480x360, 102K)

>Dullahan
>fairy

Fairies in folklore tend to overlap with the undead. Stuff like the Galley-Beggar and the Banshee are labeled as fairies, but are clearly ghosts/revenants.

The folklore of the British Isles, much like their food, is a fucking mess.

Attached: Galley_Beggar.jpg (1280x1521, 597K)

Skeletons aren't undead. Undead refers to soulless monsters made from human corpses which possess certain attributes of life, such as a physical urges or intelligence, but without biological function.

Skeletons tend to have souls and the ones that don't generally don't locomote under their own power. They also exhibit nothing in common with the living. They're about as far away from the undead as you can get.

I guess they're more like viral vampires than undead. Kazu was worried about Clarence biting Pandora, so maybe they can turn others.

What puzzles me more is the stance on magic. It seems like everything has a weird science behind it but then we have Vamp Mom who's always floating above the ground. Not to mention the bug that cause Milo bad luck and whatever gave snake guy his mind control powers.

Attached: tumblr_ot2f79RvvX1szff8go1_1280.jpg (700x695, 114K)

Most banshees have nothing to do with death other than predicting it and fairies can have all sorts of fucked up looking forms.

You're right there is a connection between fairies and the dead, in part due to the mythological overlap stemming from the Wild Hunt. Indeed, certain fairies are said to be dead humans, such as the bean-nighe which is considered a type of banshee, but which doesn't function as a herald of death in the traditional sense.

Attached: 28255e372ece7ac4e22e0144324e711b1a7ec134r1-1000-799v2_uhq.jpg (1000x799, 74K)

Or the fact that a devil that can live without it's head exists.

Also, I doubt we're dealing with viral vampires, unless the virus completely alters the infected into a separate species. Like, if Clarence bit Hitomi, would she grow another eye?

Honestly, this vampire speculation makes me wish they kept the haunted house rules of the original comic. So much simpler.

Attached: dracwut.jpg (465x451, 21K)

The fact remains that there are entire species of devils that should be classified as "undead", but are not.

Normally I wouldn't care about it, but this comic put hard lines between living and dead creatures, so it becomes an issue when they overlap.

Maybe they're drawing from historic living dead vampire mythology instead of modern undead vampire mythology. Both still get plenty of use.

The living dead technically qualify as living. I mean that's how you get dhampirs.

Yeah, but dhampirs are distinctly alive. They're the living children of vampires. Vampires are entirely dead.

This wouldn't be a problem if they were a race of undead devils (as in, devils that came back to life), but that's clearly not the case.

>Vampires are entirely dead.
Depends on the mythology. As I said, earlier vampire stories have them as living dead, not undead. They have biological processes. That's how they can reproduce by fucking. They aren't just a magically suspended corpse that neither needs to eat, drink, nor breath.

No vampire is as dead as this thread.

Attached: DW5X8P8VQAUECWl.jpg large.jpg (750x750, 101K)

What else are you gonna talk about? This story is telegraphed as fuck.