Why do people dislike Iron Man 2 and 3 again? Iron Man 1 is fantastic, but 2 and 3 are really entertaining as well

Why do people dislike Iron Man 2 and 3 again? Iron Man 1 is fantastic, but 2 and 3 are really entertaining as well.

Attached: iron-1-3_de6bca25-46bd-42b6-b0f1-4cd97738179d.jpg (400x400, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sPKyBREVU18
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i find 2 rather enjoyable i fucking hate 3 worst marvel movie

>worst marvel movie
That's Hulk.

Read Iron Man: Haunted and you will understand how they fucked us out of a great non racist Mandarin story.

Best Iron Man arc ever after Demon in a bottle.

>Saying this when Thor: Dark World exists

It diun;t have thu mandurin

Incredible Hulk (08)? Bullshit that movie is fantastic aside from the final battle being generic.

But it did, Killian literally said he was the Mandarin :^)

Dark World has plenty good in it, although I agree IM3 & Incredible Hulk are better then it.

Cons...
> Comedy interrupts the end battle too much altho not half as bad as Ragnarok.
> Malekith is unquestionably the weakest Mcu villain and doesn't even have a cool or faithful design, see pic related. Incompetent fucks.
> Thor throwing the flimsy science poles at Malekith at the end looked silly.
> Not much done with Portman or the romance.

Pros...
> Thor's outfit is much better then his suits in Thor1 or Avengers1.
> More for Heimdall to do.
> Loki is fun as always and got more to do here then he did in Ragnarok.
> Kurse is cool looking and fairly menacing, him beating Thor into the ground was fairly brutal.
> Final battle is fairly creative with the portals.
> Frigga's death & funeral is great. Score is beautiful. Thor's reaction to her death, blasting Malekith's face with Lightning was great.
> A little bit more for Sif and the warriors 3 to do.
> Showed us more of Asgard, their technology and history.
> Flashbacks to Odin's father Bor should have been longer but were cool none the less and Bor was perfectly cast.

Attached: 1552972372339.jpg (1516x721, 1012K)

Ragnarok may have some really good aspects like making Thor's personality more fun and enthusiastic but it EASILY has the most number of flaws of any Mcu film.

> The film has zero emotional weight after Odin's death. The Guardians films get away with their humor because before Infinity War they had the most emotional impact of the entire Mcu. This had none of that balance. The entire time I was watching Ragnarok I was saying to myself "Gunn could have done this so much better".
> The humor is unbearably awkward and fake feeling, like a bad SNL skit. It went genuinely into Scary Movie/Movie 42 spoof vibe territory. The scenes with the Grandmaster especially.
> Hela is just as flat a villain as Malekith or Ronan but is given a pass because she is alot more badass then them.
> The sets and outfits on Sakaar look disgustingly cheap. Instead of celebrating the mythos (like aquaman did) and bringing Jack Kirby's designs to life they literally use his art as fucking wallpaper.
> Valkyrie looks and acts nothing like any version of the character in the comics.
> Surtur in the comics is a dark apocalyptic figure as menacing as Galactus, here he is a god damn joke.
> A major complaint against the first 2 films was them doing nothing with the warriors 3 and this film does the same but full on kills them off. People give Snyder crap for killing off Jimmy Olsen in Bvs but give this a pass, hypocritical cunts.
> Doctor Strange is wasted.
> Jeff Goldblum is wasted.
> Ruffalo is wasted.
> Karl Urban / Skurge is wasted and his death (one of the most emotionally powerful in all of comics) is done as a afterthought.
> The destruction of Asgard is given little to no weight. We could have gotten something tragic and beautiful like pic related but they pissed in our faces instead.

Attached: 1556867246578.png (1025x1628, 2.89M)

People said they like the twist and yet I've never seen anyone say Killian was a good villain and that is why the twist is shit. You don't take a 10/10 villain with one of the greatest actors and replace him with Mr. Generic.

Attached: ben-kingsley-iron-man-3-the-mandarin.jpg (721x540, 45K)

This, the Mandarin's propaganda videos were errie and fantastic.

And there was a very easy way for them to have their cake and eat it also, they could keep the actor twist but have Trevor be deeply obsessed with the role and he injects himself with Extremis to bring the Mandarin truly to life and channels the power through his rings by sheer force of will.

>Valkyrie looks and acts nothing like any version of the character in the comics.
I think someone found out that the Valkyrie in MCU isn't actually Brunhilde. The actual Brunhilde in the MCU died in the flashback when the Valkyries fought against Hela.

You nailed it. Mandarin or no Mandarin, Ben Kingsley could have elevated that movie as a great villain. Take him away for a joke, admittedly a joke that I laughed at, Kingsley’s a talented comedic actor as well, and you’re robbed of that threat, and left with just a skeevy, annoying A-hole played by Guy Pearce, with a dumb motivation and no connection to the previous Mandarin/Ten Rings clues.

I hate Iron man 3 because they played Mandarin up so much only for him turn out to be a pot smoking nobody and being replaced by a literally who.

3 is fine unless you're autistic, 2 is just a badly paced and plotted movie

youtube.com/watch?v=sPKyBREVU18

Marvel could have had its first great villain but completely lost it for that dumb twist from the comics

Iron Man 2's villain didn't fulfill his purpose. Iron Man 3 gave us a boring twist with a boring Extremis. Apart from IW Dr Strange, Nobody has done any interesting magic.

They set up motivations and arcs that pay off in later films, and thus feel like they don't do enough for Tony in their own narrative. 2 sets up Tony's issues with his father, 3 sets up Tony's paranoia, plot threads that are only resolved much later.

I really don’t get this opinion. Incredible Hulk was great.

How would you have changed the plot of the movie annon?

Attached: 1555639842440.png (750x366, 291K)

Iron Man 2 felt a bit anticlimactic overall. Iron Man 3 didn't have enough actual Iron Man in it plus the fake Mandarin bullshit.

I think Thor 2 and Age of Ultron are probably the most forgettable ones by far

3 was dope
2 sucked though.

Hulks good though.

Hulk is better than the first two Thors

I absolutely agree with all this. I hate Kiwi comedy. It all boils down to "look how retarded I am !" Ragnarok should be a big event but did any of you care that Asgard was destroyed ? The war in Aquaman absolutely puts this to shame

PART 1...
Opens with Loki ruling Asgard, we get to see some inter workings & his political manipulations. Some narration from him, he is at peace feeling this is his redemption. Valkyrie is the only person suspicious of fake Odin. Loki is good friends with Skurge who was Bor's executioner but has since renounced killing.

Loki discovers a sub vault of Asgard beneath Odin's treasure room that is guarded by another Destroyer who will not even allow Odin to pass. He tries to let it go but his curiosity & mischief craving side gets the better of him and he sneaks in and discovers a magically imprisoned Hela. Loki demands to know who she is and she shows him flashbacks of her & Odin's conquest. She switches to show him Odin on earth in Norway where Loki left him. She connects their minds & Loki realizes Odin is dying, Odin says he forgives him for both the past and what is about to be unleashed because of him before dying. The magic imprisoning Hela fades out of existence.

Hela easily takes out the Destroyer & slaughters the royal guards.

Skurge has the chance to use the Frost Giant's cube against Hela but he can't bring himself to do it & surrenders.

Switch to Thor & the Warriors 3 bonding during a raid on Sakaar believing that the Grandmaster might know who is seeking the Infinity Stones.

The Grandmaster traps them in the arena, disables Mjolnir & unleashes the Hulk upon them.

It ends basically in a tie between Thor & Hulk.

Loki & Himedall use the Bifrost to transport them to Asgard.

See next part...

PART 2...
Thor & Hulk both injured from their fight take on Hela immediately & get decimated. Mjolnir is destroyed. But everyone manages to escape Hela's grasp besides Himedall who Hela blinds but keeps alive to keep the Bifrost working.

They hook up with Valkyrie who we get flashbacks to her facing Hela before and also her first meeting Odin & getting entrusted to be a Valkyrie & ferry the dead to Valhalla/Hel (taken straight from secret avengers #14).

Fed up with Asgard's unwillingness to be enslaved Hela unleashes her Zombie army to slaughter the entire kingdom.

Thor, Hulk, Valkyrie, The Warriors 3 & Loki lead a massive army of the remaining Asgardians against Hela & her zombies, Lord of the rings/Aquaman style.

The general armies seem evenly matched but Hela is kicking Thor & his immediate team's asses until Thor goes full lightning god.

Loki sneaks back into the Vault after freeing Skurge, Skurge dies guns blazing to save Loki and buy him time to unleash Surtur with the eternal flame.

While Hela & Surtur are battling. Thor gets everyone onto a large ancient space ship that was a gift from Odin to Frigga.

Thor returns alone to face Hela & Surtur in the ruins of Asgard and he summons a monumental cosmic storm and destroys all of Asgard and both the villains with the lorn bolt.

The Asgardian ship picks up Thor and things leave off like they did in the actual film leading into Infinity War as we got it.

IM3 was good, but IM2 wasn't.

>is given a pass because she is alot more badass then them
And hot. Don't forget that. She's hot as fuck, especially if you like doms or "mommies"

It's crazy thinking that if you count the Hulk cameo, Downey Jr played the character 10 times.

Half of which happened after his own trilogy was concluded

They butchered “Demon in a Bottle” and the whole Mandarin reveal was so stupid

Iron Man movies should have been Iron Man fighting his armored enemies like Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man with some Cold War politics throwed in.

Don't forget that for all of the anti-colonist themes in the movie, Thor still befriends a slaver. Like, they essentially cast a black actress as a slaver.

I'll defend 2, but 3 is pretty crappy story wise.

AIM, one of the biggest super villain groups besides Hydra, gets reduced to a handful of unstable mercenaries and 2 scientists who spend a decade unable to solve that Tony solves in a day.
Mandarin, one of Tony's biggest villains and what everyone was hyped for, made to just be an annoying figurehead.
Tony's PTSD drama, incredibly vague and he gets over it after a pep talk with a random 9 year old boy. Even IronMan2's drunken pushing friends away cause he's dying of metal poisoning seems well written in comparison.

2 is ok, I have no qualms with any particular moments, the only thing I can think of is the villains final suit looked shit
3 was better than 2 in the first 2/3rds, and became really quite shit in the last third outside of suit fanservice

2 is great but 3 was pretty fucking bad, if I'm going to watch in Iron Man movie I want it to be about him facing some major problem/villain that he needs to develop some cool shit to defeat. 1 had the suit itself, 2 was triangulanium, but 3 was more about what he can do without the suit