GOTG Vol. 3 Speculation & Wants

>Adam Warlock as the antagonist (GOTG2 post credit)
>Vortex on Vormir is a portal to the Soul Realm.
>NuGamora's body real Gamora's soul?
>Hemsworth's last film, Thor dies. Joins all his family and friends in Valhalla.
>Surtur still alive, destroys Korbon?
>Beta Ray Bill? Picks up the mantle of Thor and Stormbreaker?
>Will Sif be with him?
>Korg & Miek join the guardians? Provide exposition on BRB because they were all on Sakaar together?
>Phyla

Attached: 1556669374829.jpg (1200x675, 84K)

This is gonna be a packed film, why not just split it into Thor 3 and GotG3

You mean Thor 4

>Lady Sif
>Last seen on Knowhere in Thor 2
>Confirmed still alive by the directors, warriors three confirmes dead though after Ragnarok. Why keep her alive?
>Rumored for Disney Plus.
>Will GOTG3 set up her Disney Plus series?
>She's usually along side Beta Ray Bill in the comics.
>Maybe she becomes the new Thor?

Attached: Journey_into_Mystery_Vol_1_650_Acuna_Variant_Textless.jpg (550x826, 200K)

Because if Iron Man or Cap hasn't gotten a 4th movie, it'll be a gold day in hell if Thor does

Beta Ray Bill & Phyla already rumored.

Its not even really that packed if you use the Ragnarok formula...
Literally Hella on asgard and Sakaar told in one movie. Not much of a difference. Especially if they both converge at the end on Vormir.

So is Kraglin part of the Guardians or not?

Tbh, I just see BRB leaving with Thor at the end and just being introduced here

Quill accepting that 2014!Gamora isn't his Gamora and trying to win her over pushes her away. She'll never be the Gamora he lost even after everything Nebula tells her about her dead future self. No suddenly giving it a shot with him or "the power of love comes through in the end".

This.
Trying to fuck what is essentially a clone of your loved one instead of your actual loved one is weird.

>Hemsworth's last film
Is it really? Did he not sign for more? They can't possibly kill him in an unrelated movie. Only acceptable way for him to go is in Thor or Avengers.

>Last seen on Knowhere in Thor 2
I thought she showed up in AoS? Being dumped into some TV show would make more sense than trying to get her back in a movie. Her character was wasted and ruined, much like the W3, so no point trying to reintroduce her.

It would be interesting to hear him say something like, "I hurt so badly after you died that I fucked over the entire universe!" with Drax adding, "It's true. His unseemly display of emotions was so horrifying half the universe dropped dead out of shame."

Odds are they'd just have Mantis touch both of them and act as a bridge between their hearts or some bullshit. But that's what you're supposed to think and instead when she sees what's in Quill's head she calls him a pig and kicks him even harder in the nuts.

>The comic run James Gunn used to base the movies off of is only missing Adam Warlock & Phyla.
>G vol 1 - Starlord, Drax, Gamora, Groot, Rocket
>G vol 2 - Nebula, Mantis
>G vol 3 - Adam & Phyla

Attached: guardians-galaxy-4-new-team.jpg (1200x630, 329K)

Same person, she's just a bit earlier in the timeline. I mean it's not like people are upset Nebula tried to talk her around instead of admitting she's a different person and should make her own decisions and not just follow in the footsteps of a dead woman.

Questions
Is AoS canon to the MCU?
If so, where does it fall in the chronology of the MCU, specifically the Sif episode(s)

Fuck, this team was GOAT. Before Vance, before bug, before Warlock and Phyla left. And it only lasted like six issues.

>Is AoS canon to the MCU?
No

Would MCU Phyla still be related to Mar-Vell?

That worked better because she wasn't so much convincing her to be part of the guardians as much as warning her to not make the same mistake she did in GotG 1 blindly following Thanos.

How could Surtur be possibly alive after that explosion?

Okay, then canonically she was last seen on Knowhere. Maybe she got kid napped and ended up on Sakaar where she met Beta Ray Bill. If you notice in Thor Ragnarok Korg warns Thor of Asgardians (plural) meaning he's seen more then just Valkyrie.

It's how Surtur destroys worlds.
His crown needs to be removed.
He's a fire demon.

>Beta Ray Bill? Picks up the mantle of Thor and Stormbreaker?
>Stormbreaker's handle gets broken in half somehow to make it look like Bill's hammer in the comics
I can see that

For what it's worth I wasn't being serious, just joking at the idea of Nebula saying, "No, it's okay Sister, be your own woman and this time stay loyal," which was never going to happen. It's not the same as fucking an earlier incarnation of your time displaced dead girlfriend, or maybe it is if someone were so inclined to believe that Nebula and Gamora also fought contests of personal strength in endurance via extreme tribbing, and of course Gamora always won.

On an actual serious note it's a easy enough sell for Nebula because Gamora had to already be harboring some extreme resentments towards Thanos and plotting to break away from him because shortly after Star-Lord steals the Infinity Stone on Morag she immediately decides to betray both Thanos and Ronan. It's weird how surprised Gamora seemed in Endgame considering she was only about 48 hours from going rogue herself. Maybe she was actually surprised Nebula eventually turned on Thanos because it took a lot more to get her to finally turn her back on their "father."

No, he leads the ravagers

>Surtur is likely still alive as explained in Ragnarok he's essentially immortal and his life is linked to his crown.
>Surtur destroys planets, he's an asshole it what his fire demons do.
>He destroys Beta Ray Bill's home world in the comics.
>Maybe in the mcu he isnt a big fan of Thor when he finds out Thor's role on releasing Surtur onto the galaxy.

Attached: download.jpg (201x250, 6K)

Thor won't even be in it, let alone Beta Ray Bill.

And no, WeGotThisCovered is not a reliable source.

Plot is a Sovereign civil war between one side led by Ayesha (a Goddess expy) and the other led by someone claiming to be Adam Warlock (actually an earlier imperfect clone to serve as a Magus expy).

There is also a large part of the Sovereign population that wants to stay neutral, but is quickly starting to form a third faction that can complicate the war.

There is a growing worry that allowing the war to go on will affect galactic peace.

Split the team into three groups/movies, each one to a different faction to try and defuse the situation.

GotG3 Side A & GotG3 Side B (to keep in line with the 80's musical motif) directed by James Gunn.

And Thor 4 : Asgardians of the Galaxy directed by Waititi.

Side A's team is Quill and Nebula. Assigned to Ayesha's faction. Joined by the founding Ravagers (Stakar and his crew) who brought news of the ongoing civil war.

Side B is Rocket, Groot, Mantis and Drax. To Magus.

Thor is with Korg and Miek, Kraglin was conscripted into serving as their pilot. To the neutral side.

>Is AoS canon to the MCU?
Yes. Ignore the other retard, the specific context of your question was when AoS crossed over with the MCU more closely.

These. Thor and BRB are in Thor 4 and will be featured over there, Gunn won't even touch Thor in the team, they'll leave him at the nearest space gas stop or drop him off-screen so he can have his own movie.

>I can't believe Thor wanted to be dropped off. I thought for sure he'd want to stick around.
>Yeah. yeah. well you know guys like us. Lone wolfs to the end. Hey let's keep going.
>Still a gas stop of all places. It don't make sense.
>Well what did these past years.
>Hmm. A true warrior indeed.

>back at the galactic 7/11
>Hello. My friends? I return with confectionery treats and beverages and the most wonderful dried meat.

Thor will appear in GotG 3 and will have whacky space adventures, in the end he'll find himself and will return to Asgard, setting up Thor 4.

I pretty much doubt that's what was in Gunn's original plans, specially not when his focus is on Gamora and Warlock. If he's still taking cues from DnA GOTG and Valentino GOTG, there's NO way he can insert Thor in there in a good way, it would look forced. Better dump him and set him up in a short scene so he can be wherever he fits best.

>Thor and Quill bond over all the loss they've experienced
>this helps Quill come to terms with 2014 Gamora not being - his - Gamora
>Rocket and Nebula showing a friendship they developed over the last 5 years together
>BRB, Warlock introduced
>Drax fucks Mantis raw for 45 minutes

Leave Phyla for another movie, we need more weird aliens.

I still think he'd be a good character to play with. He and Quill both got the short end of the stick. Both heirs of great powers, both have experienced plenty of tragedy, both get shat on for their recent behavior.
They could end up bonding, even if it's not the focus of the film

>we need more weird aliens.
Bug?

Attached: bug.jpg (529x521, 81K)

Tied up with Micronauts rights.

Who owns Rom right now?

Attached: Rom.jpg (900x1166, 198K)

Hasbro still, unfortunately. IDW did publish some licensed comics but I don't remember seeing Bug featured anywhere in recent times.

Well, past-Gamora being the new Gamora is a pretty big storyline, so he has to change his original plans for that, or he knew from the start what was going to happen, and that probably includes Thor joining the Guardians. Anyway, I don't see them dropping the Asgardians of the Galaxy title, is a pretty cool name/brand.

It'll be about Quill trying to get with nuGamora and the two of them realizing she's not the same person who fell for him.

Attached: 4b4a4e7e-3019-4d4d-ad57-7cbde0f895f0-infinitywar5ae8e7ef22e20.jpg (1200x630, 76K)

I'm downloading a pack of 1979's ROM right now. Aside from their small role in Annihilation Conquest, is there anything else after that I should be reading?

if Rocky Raccoon by the Beatles isn't in the film i'll be mad

>Adam Warlock as the antagonist
Do you know who Adam Warlock is?

People want Thor in vol. 3 but I am still skeptical about him being there. Gunn wants GotG movie for Guardians and Thor 4 was pitched so Thor might be just going there and skipping vol. 3.

Besides this isn't the first time Thor was speculated into being in a GotG movie. People thought he was going to be in GotG vol.2 and Gunn shut that down and people got so pissed to the point he had to write a long post on his facebook about why he wanted to keep the Avengers and Guardians separate despite them being in the same universe and that he was OK with the Guardians beingin Avengers because it was a crossover but that GotG is for the Guardians.

Micronauts is sort of a "sister comic". Same writer, same "holy shit how is a comic about a toy this awesome" feeling I hope you get from ROM.

>Do you know who Adam Warlock is?
Do you?

Attached: Thor_Vol_1_166.jpg (400x604, 86K)

I can't see Thor sticking around. I can see him being dropped off in a gag early on in the movie, but I can't see him being a full-fledged Guardian, since the main film's story will probably be about Gamora, Quill, and Warlock.

Gunn doesn't seem too keen on mixing Avengers stuff with Guardians anyways, given that he didn't like Bendis's run.

post songs you want in the film

Thank you, I'm gonna grab that too now. I wish this stuff was collected or at least digitized, because this would look great in my collection.

Devo-Gut Feeling

Knowing Gunn the movie will start with the Guardians laughing about how they ditched Thor because he was annoying or X reason. I doubt Gunn would include him when he has always been about his Guardians movies being for Guardians characters up to the DnA era and he would rather focus more on Kraglin or the Ravagers over someone like Thor.

And before you tell me "Disney will force him" he said that he only signed up for vol. 2 and vol. 3 with the condition that he wouldn't be forced to do anything he didn't want to and seeing now how they had to rehire him I doubt they'll imposing anything on him.

Hasbro has the rights, if Marvel had him you bet your ass he would have had a GotG cameo or Gunn would have been scripting a movie about him. Bendis would have also been ruining him in his GotG comic since he also mentioned he wanted the character for his Guardians.

Yeah, it's a bummer. Transformers did get reprints though so maybe someday IDW will take a crack at collections.
Physical floppies aren't actually that hard to find, but scans are really the simplest and most convenient way to read them

>Hemsworth's last film, Thor dies. Joins all his family and friends in Valhalla.

I really hope they don't kill everyone who's contract runs out. That's gonna make things even more predictable than they already are.

Hemsworth's contract has gotten renewed for 2 more movies.

No but it used to be.

For the two seasons they tried to tie in into every movie that came out. Which incidentally where the two seasons Sif guested in. Shield fell with Winter Solider and those two seasons were about picking up the pieces of that, and they were shown to have gotten the Avengers the data to raid the Hydra base as well as prepped the Helicarrier for it's return in AoU. Fury and Hill also guested in these seasons.

After though they basically gave up and were only vaguely related to the MCU, mostly doing their own thing and stopped having characters from the films appear. This is about when the films broke away to their own division and pissed of Perlmutter so that's probably not a coincidence.

And as of this season they're blantantly non canon because in order to avoid spoiling anything for Endgame they ignored the snap and the timeskip and basically just told people not to worry about connecting it to the films and just enjoy the Shield characters as they are.

So in short, it tried to be canon, but eventually gave up. The different production schedules of the films and tvs made coordinating impossible, and the fallout behind the scenes ended that. Which is unfortunate because a several medium coodinated media would have been cool but alas.

That was three movies ago

Having a fight with Thor because he was infatuated with Sif doesn't mean he will be the main antagonist, in that case Hercules would also be Thor's antagonist and while that was Adam's main issue it barely defines the character. IIRC Sif didn't even see him with malice in that story because she knew he wasn't bad just ignorant of social cues and acting on an infatuation.

It's clear Ayesha is the main villain and antagonist, Adam will just be her pawn until he learns enough to know she's full of shit. Even the way Gunn has described him as a confused newborn seems to indicate he's going with an Adam who has a journey of self discovery.

>“Perhaps sometimes I say things imperfectly, unclearly, or inelegantly. All I've ever tried to say was the Guardians are an important part of the MCU, and they definitely share an existence with the Avengers and other characters in the MCU. But the week after the movie opened I walked into the Marvel offices, and I sat down with Kevin Feige and some of the other folks at Marvel. We had a long discussion about where the Guardians were headed and what was happening to them. I told them exactly what I wanted to do with the sequel to Guardians, and everyone was on board and excited. And, regarding the bigger picture, we all agreed on one thing, and that was to keep huge chunks of the Guardians separate from the Marvel heroes of earth, because they have a whole galaxy to explore. We wanted to use them as a way to make the MCU bigger, not smaller. We wanted to make sure they have their own mythos, as opposed to only one that is intertwined with the earthbound characters. They ARE connected, of course, but that connection would not be the purpose of their stories and fictional lives.

>When I'm asked about the Guardians and their future, and whether they'll meet up with the Avengers I really don't have all that much to say, because some of it isn't decided yet, and I don't want to give away what is decided. So I speak in these general terms. They aren't things that I'm just saying on the spot, and they aren't things that have been decided on by me alone. But they are sometimes incredibly general, and that can lead to those words being taken in a lot of different ways.

>So, I'm sorry for all the different ways my words have been taken. Overall, we'll just have to wait and see where the Guardians go, who they meet, and what they do in the MCU. But know that I love them and will take the best care of them I possibly can for as long as I'm around.”

This was in response to people who kept asking him about Thor/Iron man being in vol. 2.

I wish Gunn was more active in social media like he used to be because he would debunk the Thor rumor if it was false and if there was any legitimacy behind it he would just deflect the question or be like "I can't answer that"

I'm waiting to see which new female character from Marvel that James Gunn will deconstruct and ruin by Disney standard

Attached: gamora-mcu-and-comic.jpg (618x412, 62K)

>since I can't fap to her, she's ruined forever
Always the same shit. You're no fucking Cosmic Marvel fan if this is your first concern, get out of here.

I'm honestly disappointed with how they handled Gamora. I'm actually ok with her dying, but having a past version of her show up and stick around feels like a huge mistake, specially since that's just shit the next movie has to handle instead of doing anything else.

I assume they wanted Thanos to have his big sacrifice moment without actually getting rid of the character for later use.

And to be nice to Gunn and not kill off one of his female lead in a seperate movie and expecting him to have to deal with that.

I'm conflicted. On the one hand I feel like Thor shouldn't get involved and do his own thing in Thor 4. He'd probably show them all up.

But on the other hand I really liked his dynamic with the Guardians and was annoyed that Endgame barely had that on account of all but Rocket being gone for 80 percent of it. In fact I was let down in general that the big Avengers Guardians crossover had very little interaction between the two groups other than Thor at the beginning and Ironman for a few scenes towards the end in Infinity War.

So I could go either way. Hulk managed to be in Ragnarok without stealing too much of the spotlight so maybe it's doable. Or maybe some of the Guardians can show up in Thor 4.

I wouldn't count much on Sif. I'm pretty sure the only reason she didn't show up to die like everyone else in Ragnarok was because the actress was on Blindspot.

They kind of gave up on her in Thor 2 when again due to actress problems she got injured and couldn't do her big scene they wanted.

>Or maybe some of the Guardians can show up in Thor 4.
There's no reason to assume it would be a one way street, after all. Hell Captain America 3 was basically Avengers 3 itself.

biased