Finally got around to watching this film and all I can ask is how something like this can even exist...

Finally got around to watching this film and all I can ask is how something like this can even exist? It's arguably the best American film of the decade, as nothing else is as genuinely cool or fun or visually interesting. Am I a retard for not watching this in theaters?

Attached: p14939602_v_v8_ae.jpg (960x1440, 335K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/17943454
youtu.be/06CUfcOx52w
youtu.be/smmmnpmUZ0Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's only good till prowler dies

Im so sad user, I too just recently watched this and I regret not seeing it in theaters even though I easily had money for it at the time due to finally getting a job some months before it.

Its great.

>Am I a retard for not watching this in theaters?
Yes, it was amazing in theaters
It exists because capeshit has made it that a animated superhero film can exist without being purely fathering to kids with little effort cgi or jokes. It’s what happens when adults can be a target audience.
The entirety of animation’s problems has always been the stigma that its only for kids and that’s who’ll watch it

how does it feel knowing this is legitimately the peak of animated movies?

Do you mean animated film? Even then it's debatable, and I say that as someone who absolutely loved this movie.
Really other than the visual flair it's an average+ movie, but the visual flair is so unprecedented in 3DCG and well pulled off that it certainly deserves to be called great.

But this was absolutely a kids' movie.

Like you should watch more animated movies if you think that.

I saw in theatres and thought it was meh. Watched it at home and changed my mind. Even saw the Daredevil easter egg before it was pointed out online because the viewing experience was that much better at home than in theater. Theaters are so shit.

Feels pretty bad and shameful as it only further cements the fact that Americans suck and can't make anything cool or fun anymore. Everything is rooted in irony and satire and winking at the audience bullshit instead of being genuine and made with love and care for the medium.
Name another American film in the past decade that's as cool and fun and genuinely entertaining as this one.

Did Spider-Verse not do very well in theatres? My friends and I saw it only about a week after its release and aside from us, there were only about 4 or 5 other people there in a ~300 capacity theatre. Though I'm in Australia so I realize my perspective might be a bit skewed,

Keep lying to yourself like that

>Klaus
Also the Clone High movie if it ever happens

I don't know if it was just unlucky for me, but when I saw it, film was full of moms/dads with their little kids. Ruined it for me until I watched it again on my PS4. Loved it then, but in the theater, I hated it

Miles needs the hoodie and the graffiti in the comics.

>Name another American film in the past decade that's as cool and fun and genuinely entertaining as this one.
I thought you said "best" not "most entertaining". It's a pretty shallow movie in terms of what it has to say, and in terms of characterization beyond broad strokes. Basically, it's a cartoon.

Plenty of winking to the audience in Spider-Verse, it's Lord and Miller's schtick.

This is not Fantasia

Should films not be judged on how entertaining they are? Films is an entertainment medium, so if it's the one that entertained me the most then it's definitely the best, as no other American film within the past decade manages to be as fun as this one. It's good because it is entertaining. Are you going to watch and highly rate something that is boring and artsy just because it has portrays some dumb metaphor about racism or whatever?

>Plenty of winking to the audience in Spider-Verse, it's Lord and Miller's schtick.
It has nods and references to other things, but it's never ironic in its presentation. It references to things like comics or the CCA and the general silliness of the medium because the people who worked on it genuinely enjoy the medium and genre they're basing the entire film on. Compared to, say, modern capeshit films that try its hardest to give itself a real world context.

Every fucking time
All the praise is towards the visual flair/style.
Nobody likes to talk about the story because its shit.

this

I loved Spiderverse but there are so many anime films and OVAs that are better. No, I'm not talking about the shit this board or Yea Forums would like. Don't make sweeping statements, it makes you look like an underage

There’s also many western animation films that are better
It’s good but it’s not nearly near GOAT for anything

I mean....This is correct. I ironically bought it today (my shitty Wal-mart only the 4k or DVD option, so I had to pay a little extra) and while it was a good time overall, I feel like if they just did a Miles and Spider-Man movie without the Multiverse shenanigans or the other Spider-people, it would still be the same quality of film if not a much better one than what we ended up with.

>Should films not be judged on how entertaining they are?
It's debatable.
>Films is an entertainment medium
As is this.
>Are you going to watch and highly rate something that is boring and artsy just because it has portrays some dumb metaphor about racism or whatever?
And that's a false dichotomy.

You can have both fun/flair AND substance. See; Terminator 1 & 2, Starship Troopers for obvious examples. For 2010s American animated movies see The Prophet. imo you can't really be the best if you're all flair or all substance.

I'd say it's GOAT for 3DCG visual creativity in a feature-length movie. Which is a lot of asterisks, but it's something.

its trash an so are you faggot

Let’s be honest, it only won because Brad Bird defended John Lasseter

Attached: 4BE1DB43-A9F3-4BFC-AA50-CD64BE2B83B1.jpg (580x326, 28K)

I fucking hate this movie so much, why does everyone ride its dick here? Miles is an obnoxious and unlikable character, while all the other more interesting spider characters get mostly ignored.

Attached: 5AC2F2F3-56B6-43C2-B0A6-E3E1D9BDBCD8.jpg (265x190, 7K)

>Nobody likes to talk about the story because its shit.
This is blatantly, obscenely wrong on both counts.

Attached: peni.png (666x914, 600K)

>went to see Bumblebee instead of this

Attached: 1449007264402.gif (500x446, 64K)

its called facts spiderflop

>107404832
>Miles is an obnoxious and unlikable character, >all the other more interesting spider characters get mostly ignored.
>she obviously didn't watch the movie and STILL has the gall to post on Yea Forums

Attached: getting ready to spend my entire day on the internet!.png (720x544, 651K)

Because cartoonfags like cartoons that try things visually... provided they feature a highly recognizable IP from their childhood.

You're proving him right, user. Do you understand why?

Name just one western animated film of the last decade that's as well animated as this film.

COPE more you miserable slugs!

Attached: 1545382687737.png (700x1050, 354K)

That was actually one of my problems with the movie. I thought the story was weak and sort of generic.

>Made double it's budget back in domestic alone
>Best domestic grossing Sony Animated film of all time
Learn to cope DCfag

yeah it is amazing. saw it four times. only film I have ever done that for, better luck next time.

What do you mean by "well animated"? Technically, Spider-Verse's visual quality is in its style, not in the quality of its animation.
If that was your casual way of saying "as good looking" then I'll point again to The Prophet (the hand drawn vignettes specifically of course, not the shit looking framing story) and The Congress. If you actually mean well animated Moana and probably a number of other animated blockbusters I haven't watched.
Again though, I'll give Spider-Verse props for being the most visually creative 3DCG feature film, probably ever.

Reminds me I need to watch Tragedy of Man.

I love the movie but hate it's twitter shills

I'll advise you to rent the Blu-ray, and frame by frame some of the scenes. There's a good reason Sony patented the tech behind this movie because the techniques they created for 3d animation is actually astonishing.

Wall-E before the fat people showed up

Well I didn’t give two shits about black widow jr here, I wanted more of an ensemble team not bendis love child the movie starring cameos of anime spider and nick cage. Spiderverse was hugely disappointing and massively overrated imo, you faggots disgust me.

Attached: 5210F3A0-6764-4D7C-9692-400EEAA7B711.png (259x194, 8K)

Probably. It's unironic Kino on all levels So far and above your standard capeshit it's not even funny.

It's a great film period. Too bad it gets nothing but bait threads on Yea Forums as of late.

Attached: D5aZ_GGWAAEaMnH.jpg (1800x2781, 606K)

>All these contrarians ITT
I hate white people.

>There's a good reason Sony patented the tech behind this movie
Because everyone does this all the time you marketing addled bitch, it's how CG animation studios work. It was absolutely creative in its animation, but that doesn't make it "most well animated".
>advising frame by frame to appreciate animation
Other than things like smears, squash and stretch, and other animation techniques that have been around for decades, that's not really how you do it. What specifically did you see watching frame by frame, that you think is an animation technique?

To give me some context, have you even heard of the movies I mentionned in my previous post other than Moana?

It's a masterpiece but came out too close to the even better masterpiece of Endgame

>calling out an overrated movie and it’s shit character is contrarian
Fuck off

Nice racism BTW faggot

>muh characters
Way to not read my post, faggot. It could have starred a turd in a punchbowl, if it looked this good I would praise (and criticize) it just the same.

>Be racist against black people
>"Ha ha, yeah fucking niggers."
>Be racist against white people
>"THAT'S RACIST MUH FEELINGS"
You also have shit taste and need your ass kicked.

You know, funnily enough this gets closer to actual "kino" than what you faggots usually attach this word to to say "very good". Its narrative is way too classic and coherent for it to be kino.

>endgame
>masterpiece

Mouseshills gtfo.

Racism is not allowed outside of Yea Forums on the site known as 4channel
This includes racism towards those who have a darker skin color unlike what you're suggesting

>liking miles
Shit taste detected
>threatening violence
Classic nigger behavior

Anyone who unironically thinks Endgame is a better movie than Into the Spider-Verse may is a retard

>implying reporting
>implying moderation

Attached: 200_s.gif (269x200, 32K)

Don't talk shit if you can't take it.

Fag this shit is 2/3 years behind the average Pixar movie quality animation-wise.

Fucking casuals I swear

Movie sucked dick, go be a nigger somewhere else

I only talk shit to company fags seen in capeshit like DC or Marvel since they have no sense of quality and are pathetic corporate shills

Is not fair to compare it to movie with a budget 5 times bigger.

Ah go shoot up a school.

This movie is without any doubt the most overrated animated movie in this site by fucking far and the fandom is fucking terrible.

>best movie this decade
Eat shit, eat a lot of shit and die you literal retard.

Do people even know the expectations for animated superhero films is not the same as live action ones? This did phenomenal for what it is and was the complete opposite of a flop

>90x5= 200

Source?

strawpoll.me/17943454

Go rape a white woman you coon

Struck a nerve, huh?

Attached: Miles smirk.png (1080x720, 966K)

>you can only take this "IQ test" if you've actually given your money to Gisnep to watch Endgame
I think you lose there, senpai.

why does reddit hate black people so much

You are both absolute cancer and the cringiest fucks on this thread

Not him but are you false-flagging or something? Why are you shitposting this hard? What kind of nerve of his do you think you touched, the "don't praise movies I don't think are the best as being the best"?
Get a brain.
>inb4 you assume I don't love Spider-Verse

Yes user, I have heard of your indie movies. The Congress is mostly live action with a ruined animation presentation, it's cool they managed to bring back quasi-Fleischer look, except when a videogame did it better than them. It actually puzzles me why you brought up The Prophet when it's genuinely shit animation for most of the film with good sequences and a bad story. Waltz with Bashir did much more with that animation style and had more of an impact on me than either of the listed films.

Also extremely puzzled why you'd even mention Moana. You want me to be dazzled by their particle effects? Their god rays? Their water simulation? Render wise it's much better, but other than background tech it's still Pixar models being moved in a flat presentation with very little substance to anything. It looks good, they can cut reverse cut in a dynamic space, they can do the same exact thing they have done for decades with slightly better and better tech making very conventional movies. If Pixar was every to make an unconventional action adventure movie that's not stand still and talk while the camera cuts between one stationary model to another, horribly edited set pieces every twenty-five minutes or so. I'll reconsider.

>Literally stole a suit off Petee's closet
>Paint it black with some shit tier scribbles red on the chest
>"Thx i made it myself"

MC is a literal nigger

Attached: 1504261007473.png (400x400, 185K)

bro not him, black dudes don't gotta rape white women, they give it up oh so willingly. You damn pinkies are so insecure you started a group of spooks for that very reason.

No one wants to fuck niggers, not even black women lel

>your first mental image of a black guy consists of one having sex with a white girl
The STATE of /pol/

>except when a videogame did it better than them.
lolno. At least The Congress wasn't just a nod, it had sequences you'd never see in Fleischer animation.
>It actually puzzles me why you brought up The Prophet when it's genuinely shit animation for most of the film with good sequences and a bad story.
Wow, it's almost like you didn't read the part where I said "not the shit-looking framing story". About half of the movie is gorgeous hand-drawn vignettes.
>Waltz with Bashir did much more with that animation style and had more of an impact on me than either of the listed films.
It doesn't have the same animation style so I'm guessing you're just talking about using Flash/Toon Boom. I like Waltz with Bashir and I think it's more interesting than the other two, but visually I disagree that it did "much more".
>substance
I thought we were specifically talking about well animated. Do I need to state for the umpteenth time itt that I think Spider-Verse is the most visually creative 3DCG movie ever?

You'll notice I started by asking "what do you mean 'well animated'?" Because clearly you didn't mean "well animated", you meant "groundbreaking".

No, it’s usually them getting lynched

Guy you replied to, its pretty close to GOAT for American CG animated movies. Granted, I soured on Pixar by the time Cars came out and I've always despised DreamWorks aside from the first Shrek

I can see why this movie is a real problem for you then, it's crazy how a wholesome (and extremely well paced, well acted, and visually amazing) kid's movie turns into an R-rated Many-esque hellscape in your brilliant mind

*Mandy-esque
To the reasonable people ITT Mandy is a brilliant movie btw definitely check it out

>Miles jumping wasn't good
>Spider Gang vs. Sinister Six (or whatever they were) wasn't good

What?

How is this a question? On a purely film to film basis Spider-verse blows Endgame out of the water.
The only metric Endgame would beat Spider-verse at is context. Endgame is a satisfying (if somewhat messy) conclusion to a 22 film series, while Spider-verse is on it's first outing. Whether the quality will be maintained as the Spider-verse series continues remains to be seen, but the strength of it's first film is unparalleled.

Attached: 74569820_p16.jpg (800x620, 360K)

What's wrong with the story? It's just Miles' origin with some multiverse shenanigans so we can see some actual experienced Spider people do Spider-Man things instead of watching Miles learn the whole film.

I'm actually having some trouble thinking up 3DCG movies that actually experiment with the animation. It seems like Pixar kind of set the standard for CGI movies to be pseudo realistic scenarios

>Miles is an obnoxious and unlikable character

How? His and Peter's interactions were the best part of the film.

>On a purely film to film basis Spider-verse blows Endgame out of the water.
son i love this film but come on

Not him but I mean it definitely does, there's a reason this is an IQ test and not opinionated.

Nah... just nah. Stop looking for reasons to hate something, stop trying to fit in on Yea Forums because black spidey bad.

No idea, my local theater is a bad measure. On discount Monday after the Endgame premiere there was only like 20 people there for the 7pm showing. And this place still has the old stadium seating that shoves a billion seats in

He hates Bendis so will make stuff up to continue hating the character he created.

It was a disappointment early on, eventually it picked up more cash over time.
I doubt it lost money but It is still hard to say how much they actually wanted from it.

It made back 4x it's budget while also being a critical darling. I believe it's dvd and blu-ray sales have been topping charts at #1 as of late as well.

It did pretty well. Not billion dollar Pixar money, but excellent for Sony Pictures Animation. The awards heaped onto it also add heavily to Spider-verse prestige.

Attached: D5kJhM0W0AAAIns.jpg (1229x1414, 133K)

>Spider-verse is on it's first outing
While technically true, it clearly builds on people's prior knowledge of Spider-Man as a franchise. Something suprisingly few cape movies manage to pull off succesfully, Lego Batman also comes to mind in a different register.

Pixar set the standard for CGI to be cartoony looking characters in realistic environments (even taking it too far with Good Dinosaur). It's a way to pull off "see? it's just like a real movie" without falling into the uncanny valley, and it's pretty damn gay. Spider-Verse blew that shit off by making the whole world unreal and people (kinda surprisingly) loved it.
As a sidenote I was kind of shocked how visually uncreative Inside Out was, given the premise. Outside of this sequence (starting at 01:12), which, now that I watch it again, really isn't even that creative.
youtu.be/06CUfcOx52w

I can understand making the outside world as realistic as possible in Inside Out, but you're right, the brain world wasn't very visually interesting

>Spider-Verse blew that shit off by making the whole world unreal
the city was pretty real and normal.
> Inside Out
An overrated movie that received a shit ton of praise for having female main characters.

Incredibles 2 was shit tho

I liked that it made the effort to visually replicate and homage the experience of reading comics in an animated form.
The story, while trite, was touching enough and carried by the earnestness and likability of the characters. It was a simple message, but one that resonated with everyone I've talked to about this movie in real life. You know, the people who don't complain about it because it had a black kid in it.
I don't see it being over-rated, I see a lot of people like it and think haters on it are retards or bigots, and a good amount of people who really don't like it and get mad at people who do because generic reasons about the story being shit or the stylistic choices of the animation not being impressive or interesting to them.
It's a bit strange how some comic book readers and people knowledable with Spider-Man think the movie's choice to replicate a comic book's storytelling style and tell a Spider-Man story is bad. It's also a bit sad that some people genuinely get angry about a little animated black kid and start ranting about frankly somewhat psychotic topics that have nothing to do with some wholesome Spider-Man family movie.

Attached: tumblr_pjw7ymtSRq1rkznm5o1_540 (1).jpg (540x675, 213K)

>the city was pretty real and normal.
Your city has chromatic aberration? It has onomatopea when something happens?
I'm saying the characters didn't stand out as cartoonish despite looking so (Kingpin) because their cartoonishness was reflected around them. Yes it's stil a movie with buidings in a city but visuals like the autumn forest when they mean Spider-Gwen are pretty rare in 3DCG and I can't help but think of the use of color in Pocahontas.

Attached: Spider-Verse-Prowler-Snikt-750x310.jpg (750x310, 72K)

Yeah you don't get out much , that's why you hate the movie because gwen was feelin' miles.

Yes, but I hope you made up for it by buying it. It was awesome on the big screen though.

>Why do people praise the animation in this animated movie?

Attached: IMG_20190411_145852.jpg (1253x1280, 108K)

I really wish I had seen it in the theater as well. Oh well, I'll make sure to watch it again in a few years when I eventually get a nice big OLED or similar TV.

>there are people RIGHT NOW who haven't realized the story of the film was the best aspect
>they were so distracted by how good the film looks that they didn't notice they were watching one of the most brilliantly crafted origin stories in decades
>they are absolutely unable to find a flaw in this film and it's destroying them
Amazing to watch.

Attached: 1556770783903.png (606x712, 652K)

>there are people RIGHT NOW who haven't realized the story of the film was the best aspect
>u were a hero all along just bee urself lol

Attached: 1555363975472.jpg (350x450, 44K)

Well, that excites me more than it should.

Attached: Sweating Man.jpg (600x600, 40K)

>anime reaction image
Beautiful

Attached: 1554335222107.png (467x445, 246K)

>There are people who think The Incredibles 2 was good

Attached: how_can_you_say.gif (460x337, 2.51M)

Great movie, but with all great movies it is easier to remember the faults. I didn't like Gwens cut (could have been a side cut but it just look bad). I don't like her forced relationship with Miles. The pig was a little too much. The ending fight was both good and bad, kind of tied to "I just suck it up and now I'm unbeatable Spiderman". Taking out Doc in the end with a joke was anticlimactic. Also:
>surviving Kingpins smash
Other than these it was awesome.

In the begining the animation felt kind of weird, I can't explain why, but It grew on me. I know it's a stylistic choice, it's kind of like they're trying to make CG look like 2D animation. Can someone help me describe it? I was just talking about with a friend

Attached: clip_anotheranotherdimension.2019-01-01 21_33_00.gif (672x278, 3.36M)

>I didn't like Gwens cut
How is this a flaw? This isn't even a nitpick.
>I don't like her forced relationship with Miles
It comes along pretty naturally over the start of the film, and progresses a bit through organic interaction
>The pig was a little too much
That's just bad taste
>"I just suck it up and now I'm unbeatable Spiderman"
This is a low IQ take
>Taking out Doc in the end with a joke was anticlimactic
That's not even what actually happened
>surviving Kingpins smash
He's Spider-Man, of course he;s fucking durable

Attached: Spider-Man.Into.the.Spider-Verse.2018.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-FGT_10.webm (1920x796, 2.82M)

They used a lot of 2D techniques with the animation, including the timing of frames and motion smearing. I think some details were hand drawn too.

Attached: Spider-Man.Into.the.Spider-Verse.2018.1080p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H264-FGT_12.webm (964x400, 2.72M)

>I didn't like Gwens cut
I mean, neither did Gwen. Kind of the point. She wasn't exactly thrilled about losing half of her hair.

>I think some details were hand drawn too.
Yeah, the guys in the background getting hit by that thingy are 2D. Is there a video explaining the animation process of this?

What a coincidence that it was cut in a way that looks fashionably intentional. Almost like it was designed to look that way. Hmmmm.

You ever been so pants-eatingly retarded that your metric for how good a movie is, is how much of it you can't understand?

To be so complicit in your own stupidity that you legitimately believe that movies you *don't* understand are better than movies you do.

How have you not yet choked to death in the rain?

>The onomatopoeia when the miles hits the dude

It's the little things

The shilling for this movie is hilarious. Could you be more obvious?

Did you even watch the movie?

>person likes thing
>wants to discuss it and tell others about it
Understandably a foreign concept to miserable people who don't like anything.

Ah yes, very fashionable.
Are you forgetting that she had practically an entire day to salvage it before she showed up during the forest chase? Even miles comments on it.
>I don't like her forced relationship with Miles
What forced relationship with Miles, did we watch the same movie? Seriously, the movie kept it pretty platonic all the way through with them friendzoning each other at the climax, there's literally no romantic subplot and I'm actually pretty damn surprised about that, I mean, a blockbuster action flick without the obligatory love interest subplot? Damn, that's fresh.

Attached: Very fashionable.jpg (1920x796, 210K)

>cut
It is a flaw for me because it bothered the fuck out of me every time she was on screen. All she did she cut the handprint down and left the other side unchanged which looks bad. As I said no problem with the side cut but do it properly for christ's sake.
>relationship
Miles arrives in class and says a bad joke. Everyone is silent. Hottest girl in the back burst out laughing... They are together because every movie needs a romantic interest and they are similar age.
>pig
Sticks out like a sore thumb from the general tone of the movie. Uguu kawaii girl is too but I'm forgiving with her because ugu kawaii girl.
>unbeatable
The ending is the typical american take where the hero gets trashed then decides to get up and beats the villain effortlessly.
>Doc
She gets hit with a truck from the side. One of the most overused trope in the universe.
>smash
Original Spiderman died from that hit.
>b-but he was hurt before
And Miles is just a kid.

Movie Gwen is obviously someone who really takes care of her appearance. Despite this she just went over the right side with a shaver. Realistically she would've tried to make the cut look as good as she can get.

Attached: sombra.jpg (1000x1000, 492K)

Friendzoning was the biggest bullshit of the entire movie when she looks at their photo with dreamy eyes in the end. And the creators already confirmed spider verse 2 will be about their relationship. The only reason she didn't jump on his dick asap because the movie was already too packed.

Attached: no forced romance amirite.png (801x297, 42K)

You're retarded, a haircut isn't a flaw, it's a haircut.

Every single thing you said has been retarded but especially
>Original Spiderman died from that hit.
>b-but he was hurt before
You defeated your own argument. Spider-Man, who is only slightly older than Miles in most incarnations, has taken much worse fucking hits. Peter only died because he was hurt already.

I still don't like what they did with Peter Parker. Same issue I have with the MCU films.

I don't want him to be a perfect paragon of heroic virtue or competence, but it really seems like in trying to adapt him in interesting ways, they tend to ignore his core aspects, and don't tackle them in interesting ways.

>when she looks at their photo with dreamy eyes in the end
>Dreamy eyes
She's looking at the picture and remembering the adventure, hell in that scene she pretty much implies Miles and Peter are the only people she's connected with in a long time because of her powers, why wouldn't she look back at that time fondly now that she's alone again? Your pessimism and cynicism at the constant display of black male/white female pairings in media is clouding your mind.

Anyway I'm pretty sure a Gwen and Miles pairing is inevitable in the future considering the push for it in the comics years ago despite it being completely stupid as fuck, but to claim forced romance in this movie and use the future sequel talks as evidence? Spider Verse's relationship ended on a handshake, I stand by what I said.

Attached: Come on now.jpg (1920x796, 160K)

>Ah yes, very fashionable.
it is

Attached: 1548035335097.jpg (1121x571, 173K)

Rent free.

The best romance in a capeshit film and they haven't even gotten heavily into it. These gripes you got against the film are pretty retarded.

Attached: D1vxW2OVYAA_-VI.jpg large.jpg (820x1024, 98K)

Funny how you say it's 2/3 years behind the average Pixar movie, when Pixar hasn't released anything worth watching in half a decade.

>The pig was a little too much.
Spider Ham is the best character in the film I don’t care about the rest of the comment

>no matter what universe you are at, you still going to eat my taco.

Attached: 54800733_540638173126010_7367146936528186564_n.jpg (480x480, 38K)

seething honkey

Attached: bbc.jpg (521x474, 27K)

that's not the little mermaid

based

Attached: 1553523935123.jpg (800x1200, 213K)

Man it's like you can't read. "kino" doesn't mean good", it means experimental.

Lord and Miller make bad movies good

youtu.be/smmmnpmUZ0Y

This is called "guerilla marketing". OP is a major faggot.

you retards called shazam a flop when it had half the budget and not retarded 100$ deals for shitty song it flopped you fags

nope you are retarded

Who said Shazam was a flop? Who's even talking about Shazam in this thread?

Attached: 74352124_p10.jpg (537x632, 177K)

>Box office numbers go against my narrative

All of the other Spider-people besides Miles and Peter are worthless fluff. Gwen doesn’t feel like a main character at all, she barely gets more screen time than the pig. Spidey-noir does nothing and I have seen literally 0 fans of his.
Kingpin’s design is impossible to take seriously. Every time he appears on screen I could only think of pic related. Would prefer Miles’s uncle to be the main villain instead of a martyr, while the film seems to forget all his acts of villainy.

Attached: 4E815407-2793-4743-AB6C-CC8A2FCE41D1.png (1920x1080, 1.43M)

It's not marketing if it already came out

Don't talk shit 'bout muh waifu.

Attached: 1447482003799.png (1000x908, 419K)

Now we're talkin'

Attached: 3d17dbce-6004-433d-a9ba-fe03782089d4.jpg (1742x1746, 507K)

If you had said this before Coco came out, you'd have a point

It made 350 million, which is around the same the first Thor and Captain America, At the very least it broke even

bad marketing. passion project for sony and a bunch of art guys from nyc.

the story's execution was near perfect. parker met with miles for 3 minutes but his death was very meaningful.

That's dumb. Just because Miles isn't that great in the comics doesn't mean he can't be used better elsewhere.

Surviving Kingpin's smash makes sense considering the other Peter had just been through a losing fight, shoved into the collider beam, and then had half of the lair collapse on him when he died from it.

The only question is why Kingpin just let Miles get up at the end.

Also, how is Gwen's relationship with Miles forced? They just wind up as friends at the end. They barely have any one-on-one time after the Alchemax robbery.

It was the 7th spider man movie and an obvious cash grab that most didn’t want to see, though due to its critical success we may see the sequel make more money

[spoilers]fuck miles fuck bendis fuck quseda[/spoilers]

Better than Endgame, Shazam and Aquabro

it's the peak of capeshit, not animated movies

not even the best Batman movies were as soulful and creative as Spiderverse

hell not even fucking Endgame could top it

it had bad marketing, at least in my country

are you retarded

Yeah you are, OP. I saw it in theaters twice.

And miles better than Captain Fungus

I wish for more fanart of these two

Attached: 1546037818582.jpg (1121x1200, 168K)

What an obnoxious way to answer your aol chat Trixie

From the west maybe. Everything Hosoda has done except Mirai trumps Spiderverse. Dont get me wrong, I love the everloving shit out of Spiderverse, but it isnt the peak of animated films as a whole.

Oh my gosh I was just thinking about this.
So imagine Miles and Gwen. And Miles starts undressing Gwen, revealing her suit. But her suit is actually an alien symbiote! Miles has to wrestle it off of Gwen, ripping it off and revealing her naked form. Gwen leans in close, and removes her face. She was actually a robot piloted by a Tinkerbell-sized Peni Parker! Peni jumps onto Miles' dick and starts dancing on it. But as she dances, she transforms and shapeshifts and grows - she is Kamala Khan using her EMBIGGEN to become a giantess, and steps on Miles. Miles begins to tickle her foot, and Kamala spazzes out a bit and shrinks back to normal size, but Miles reaches for a zipper on her navel and unzips her to reveal Gwen Poole in costume as Gwenpool! Gwenpool takes a dragon dildo strap-on out of the gutter space and PEGS Miles over and over until he ahegaos. Finally, she leans in close, and whispers: The die is cast!

Imagine Miles exploring every inch of this tight young body

Attached: 1553031990290.jpg (650x650, 40K)

Very nice

Attached: 1539842771426.png (668x685, 743K)

This movie was horrible including the animation

>Are you going to watch and highly rate something that is boring and artsy just because it has portrays some dumb metaphor about racism or whatever?

You need to be 18 to post here

Would Gwen let Miles watch her change?

Attached: 1553032547384.jpg (1124x1124, 1.14M)

Well, guess thread's going to shit because of shipperfags.
Can we actually talk about other things?
Like, what's your opinion on street clothes over costume?
I know capeshit's all about the tight costumes that show off the hero's body, but I have to admit, this movie made me consider the cool factor of having your costume under your street clothes. It's /fa/ as fuck.
Thoughts?

Attached: What's up danger.webm (720x298, 2.08M)

I genuinely want to know the answer to this.

>u were a hero all along
But ge wasn't and that was a major point in the film.

He's black thats the problem

It's just not the same without the music.

Also, I like the way it looks in the film, it gives Miles this urban, unprofessional look. And yes, it's /fa/ as fuck.

Attached: gwen miles 3.png (540x492, 138K)

The only two western animated movies that are comparably good to this that have come out in the last decade are The Little Prince and The LEGO Movie, FACTS

also Tintin and Rango

Liked it

It was alright.

I really like this movie. One of the very few animated movies from the last three years that I watched more than once. It just has this energy that vibrates into me.

They cute.

Attached: ac69576d-f6a1-411c-9da3-3d632dc60edb.jpg (2045x1479, 716K)

>Comic relief is out of place in a movie that has comedy as a major factor into it.
Even than he more than earned his place for me with his line about how you can’t save everyone.
The writers originally wanted to write a joke about how his uncle who was a pig got fried and he smelled good; they restrained him for the sake of the heart. The only joke I think failed from him was that wet hands thing when he greeted himself.

>Name another American film in the past decade that's as cool and fun and genuinely entertaining as this one.

mad max fury road. but spiderverse is great for sure

>mad max fury road
Disgusting.... I expected better from you...

i thought Miles was gay, did that shit get retconned?

Street Clothes is honestly KINO. Honestly was disappointing when he was just wearing the costume in the collider. Just like Gwen's hoodie, Mile's Shoes and Jacket just make his costume POP. Without it it's just a "black spider-man" in the most literal sense.

Attached: 1553053405940.jpg (6366x3061, 3.13M)

It was never true. There is an in-universe joke where a bunch of people assume Miles and Ganke are fucking though.

Attached: 71635190_p0.jpg (1763x1122, 1.21M)

man, peni was the worst kind of nerd-shit-for-the-normies-pandering

"haha, like the animes! i get it!"

Please let this costume be in Ultimate Alliance 3.