What are some comics

I've never liked capeshit, the little I know of them comes from some movies, the old Teen Titans show and by browsing Yea Forums but I've been meaning to give it a try. Once I brought a Moon Knight book, whose concept I found interesting, but the issue was fucking disappointing. I remember a guy who would use dogs to kill rich people, some guys with jet packs or something that would catch random civillians and drop them from long heights and I think some evil Ghostbusters guys and Moon Knight just kills all of them, I knew cape is mostly unconnected stories with some occasional two-parters just like the TV shows, but this entre issue just felt like boring filler to me

So what are some good comics? I'm particularly interested on magic and fantasy heroes like Dr Strange/Fate. Are there any Thor, Wonder Woman and other gods/champions stories that takes place in more fantastical settings like the Aquaman movie? I've seen some pics of the DC universe that feature places like a Fairy World and Godlands or something. Did any of the martial artist dudes ever go on a wuxia-like adventure? I also enjoy Space Opera Sci-Fi like the GotG movies. Also books similar to the Teen Titans cartoon would be good as well

Feel free to use this thread to make your own recommendation requests

Attached: 1554867717868.jpg (1242x1535, 258K)

Other urls found in this thread:

www77.zippyshare.com/v/lS2E7QrI/file.html
mediafire.com/EssentialCapeshit
dccomics.com/comics/the-green-lantern-2018/the-green-lantern-1
vocaroo.com/i/s1YPTBHwzTFz
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Love & Rockets

This, pretty much.

Attached: 1446407365373.jpg (1946x1660, 781K)

>Learn more about
Are these about making comics or actual sories?

Actual stories. Try one.

Love & Rockets - Heartbreak Soup.cbz
www77.zippyshare.com/v/lS2E7QrI/file.html

>magic and fantasy heroes
Fell's Five (Dungeons and Dragons)

Also throwing in a rec for the Blue Beetle series by the same author, John Rogers.

I know about this comic. I have a list of /tg/ related comics to read. But here I'm asking about capes and capes accessories

I know the Moon Knight run you're talking about, and yeah that particular part was mostly boring filler as you describe.

Try Warren Ellis's Moon Knight #1-#6 and Jeff Lemire's run.

Attached: star-bright-moon-knight.jpg (780x677, 312K)

What a boring request.

mediafire.com/EssentialCapeshit

Did you read the OP? I'm not looking for the essentials of capeshit, I want to know if there's more fantasy adventures like the Aquaman movie, Space Operas, Wuxia and creative fights with weird magic like Dr Strange vs Thanos in IW

Thanks, I knew there must've been some good ones but the problem was avoiding all the shitty ones

i personally liked the 28 days later comics a lot

The current The Green Lantern
Omega Men
East of West

Green lantern

>Green lantern
How do I search of it? Year, author's name? Sorry, i'm a comic noob.

>East of West
Looks fucking cool m8

First couple years of Saga

Why don't you try some stories about Doctor Doom becoming omnipotent? We Yea Forumsmrades, as a whole, believe that those are the apex of writing. As a matter of fact, Marvel publishes this same story every year and boy oh boy do we praise them for that.

Here, have a taste of this annual masterpiece.

Attached: sJSQz.jpg (717x460, 174K)

Not even the best scifi comic of 2012.

Attached: Prophet by Brandon Graham (reading list).jpg (1200x8888, 3.02M)

dccomics.com/comics/the-green-lantern-2018/the-green-lantern-1

If you're in the US (or maybe there are comparable programs elsewhere) check out Hoopla app that works w library card to let you borrow digital comics free/legally- including entire volumes. A good way to sample some stuff or catch up.

>I also enjoy Space Opera Sci-Fi like the GotG movies. Also books similar to the Teen Titans cartoon would be good as well

get the silver surfer: rebirth of thanos and Infinity Gauntlet, maybe get infinity war too. jack kirbys new gods is a good ol space opera too. the big geoff johns green lantern story (blackest/darkest night?)
fantasy setting
conan. maybe some DC rebirth wonderwoman and aquaman.

Attached: champion thanos quest.jpg (1241x1776, 1.07M)

>I've never liked capeshit
Then don't bother with capeshit. You'll probably end up a brain damaged mongoloid like

Attached: DoBuX4FVAAEuFz0 (1).jpg (750x1125, 222K)

Doom is like some kind of medieval fanatic right? but what are the books called?

is some of the art done by the Orc Stain guy? That's on my /tg/ list

No, Doctor Doom is a present day guy. He's a Fantastic Four villain.

I would rec The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Fabled. I think their premises can be summed up as literary/fairy tale characters in capeshit.
Hellboy for occult.

doom is the dictator of latveria

vocaroo.com/i/s1YPTBHwzTFz

I know, but isn't he like a medieval nerd and his evil lairs look like medieval castles?

>conan
Any particular Conan? The rebirth stuff looks nice

>Doom is like some kind of medieval fanatic right?
No, Doctor Doom is a F4 villain. He is a guy that is one of the best ever at every skill imaginable. But he wasn't the smartest guy in college, so now he wants to kill the man that was the smartest guy in college and his whole family (Reed Richards and the Fantastic Four).

Every year, and I am not shitting you, every year the character builds a machine that makes him omnipotent, but then he loses omnipotence because "muh hubris". Marvel fans cannot get enough of that shit. They pay money every year for it, praise every writer that writes this same story, want to kill anyone that doesn't like it as much as they do, etc. It's something to behold.

Attached: RCO022.jpg (1027x1600, 472K)

>gods/champions stories

Attached: The Ring of the Nibelung RCO001.jpg (1055x1600, 432K)

The League is incredible work, all these years on the world building, scope and characterization are all so impressive, little emotional it's ending.

conan seems to have a cult following where everything is good. i heard savage sword of conan is good too. its the most recent one. its ongoing so you can go to the lcs and pick up savage sword #1.

get the DC rebirth deluxe edition WW pic related. rebirth aquaman is good-the setting is like mythological atlantis-but in modern day. its a little repetitive though.

Attached: ww greg rucka.jpg (600x922, 123K)

This is very readable, very games of thronesy, and very good

Attached: D128635E-E592-4CF4-BAED-FAF2336E475A.jpg (828x592, 175K)

You forgot 'apex of fiction."

>You forgot 'apex of fiction."
That goes without saying.

Attached: RCO019.jpg (1041x1600, 731K)

>replying to yourself
Yikes!

>Also books similar to the Teen Titans cartoon would be good as well
Super Sons is a great ongoing. It's slightly different in tone but far more similar than the actual Teen Titans comic

But you should probably be looking at non-cape comics by the sound of it
Though your criticisms of cape comics are stupid and so are you
Descenders is pretty space opera and good

You are a good example of what I am talking about.

Imagine believing that stories about Doctor Doom becoming omnipotent are so amazing, so fascinating, that the possibility of more than one person disliking them doesn't even seem possible.

What do you like so much about reading the same story every year, friendo?

Attached: not myself.png (482x158, 6K)

>But you should probably be looking at non-cape comics by the sound of it
Yeah, I thought there would be at least some stories of Thor fighting some mythologycal monsters but I guess he's just a super with thunder powers that occasionaly mentions something related to norse mythology

>Though your criticisms of cape comics are stupid and so are you
I criticised cape? I just didn't like that one Moon Knight comic, not because it's unconnected as most episodes of TT were as well, but because it was boring

>accusing random people of being your strawman
Y-I-K-E-S

Fantasy Adventure
Conan
Warlord

wuxia
Shang Chi
Way of the Rat
Shaolin Cowboy
Badger

Space Opera
Six from Sirius
Omega Men
Alien Legion
New Gods
Nexus

That's mostly artsy fartsy crap.

Attached: Badger 040.jpg (1152x1576, 668K)

Don't listen to him, only pedos like that Super Sons trash anyway.

What's so "artsy fartsy" about those comics?

>I knew cape is mostly unconnected stories with some occasional two-parters just like the TV shows

So, do you deny that Yea Forums praises stories about Doctor Doom becoming omnipotent annually?

are you being ironic?

I don't give a shit, I just find your obsessive autism over meaningless nonsense to be definitive proof of how worthless people can be.

It isn't? That doesn't make it bad IMO

>Shang Chi
I saw a guy say Iron Fist is more wuxia than Shang Chi, thoughts?

>That's mostly artsy fartsy crap.
I wouldn't say artsy fartsy, more like visual anesthesia

Nobody actually likes Will Eisner. They just pretend to like him for e-cred.

Attached: Aaron Diaz.jpg (277x182, 10K)

>It isn't? That doesn't make it bad IMO
It really isn't, if you find a rec you're interested in in this thread you should really give it time to breath. Stories and characters develop over time. You won't really see one thing happen right after the other in most stories, you and the characters will learn things as the story progresses. I especially think you should give Ellis' Moon Knight a fair chance

Immortal Iron Fist maybe. Classic Shang Chi is more like Enter the Dragon.

Obsessive? I am not the one spending my money on the same story every year or praising it as a masterpiece of literature without equal, am I?

i like will eisner

>I especially think you should give Ellis' Moon Knight a fair chance
I will, as I said here the problem is knowing which run are worthwhile

No, you're the mental case who makes the exact same posts and threads in an anonymous image board while expecting any of it to matter.

Well then, uh, nobody actually likes Dave Sim. They just pretend to like him for e-cred.

Attached: Alan Moore on Dave Sim's Cerebus the Aardvark.jpg (300x300, 33K)

>Immortal Iron Fist
Just by seeing this, yeah, that's the shit I'm looking for

>Enter the Dragon
Not really wuxia then. I'm still looking foward to the movie tho, it's been a while we haven't had any martial arts flicks

Attached: 9780785188902_p0_v2_s550x406.jpg (264x406, 41K)

When you're right, you're right

Let's keep going. Nobody actually likes Harvey Pekar. They just pretend to like him for e-cred.

Attached: Harvey Pekar memorial sculpture in Cleveland public library.png (560x374, 408K)

This but unironically. Anyone pretending to like American Splendor is doing it to look cool on the internet

No brakes on this train. Nobody actually likes David Mazzucchelli. They just pretend to like him for e-cred.

Attached: David Mazzucchelli A, B and D.jpg (1034x499, 138K)

While it isn't some 2deep4u "masterpiece" I still love Quest for Magik and everything else involving the Academy Kids. You get fun and hope filled kids ground down into a fine paste of suffering from story arc to story arc.

Attached: 221331-18078-116391-1-new-x-men.jpg (414x640, 57K)

Attached: happening.png (209x231, 70K)

I don't know if you're aware of this, but... Nobody actually likes Paul Kirchner. They just pretend to like him for e-cred.

Attached: The Bus - Sophisticated and Unsophisticated Humor, by Paul Kirchner.jpg (1170x842, 183K)

>While it isn't some 2deep4u "masterpiece"
Fine, not what I'm looking for at all

i know you're trying to be ironic but that's just seriously not funny, what the fuck is the joke here

Hey man I suggested crazy magic stuff which was supposedly what you wanted.

Attached: RCO011_1469340529.jpg (1988x3056, 988K)

It's just a bus, user. You don't need to read too deeply into it.

Attached: The Bus, by Paul Kirchner.jpg (1170x837, 287K)

You got it wrong. I said that I'm not looking for masterpieces or anything like that

>You get fun and hope filled kids ground down into a fine paste of suffering from story arc to story arc.
Not him, but like, is it really that depressing or is there actually some form of triumph or success for the MCs?

The Weir/DeFilippis run is good and fun. The Kyle/Yost run is dumb grimdark nonsense that only exists to prop up their OC.

That was Infamous Iron Man and I thought Bendis did good on that run, I find it annoying that Doom's character development from this has since been ignored.