The Kataang vs Zutara war

newfag here. I've heard this mentioned alot but I wasn't around when it actually went on. Any fun fandom discord screenshot, articles etc? And who should have won the Katarabowl?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ABpWObJRHyc
thefandomentals.com/zutara-shippers-lament/
youtube.com/watch?v=BsWPiETj_F4
imgur.com/a/XKwJ4/#0
imgur.com/gallery/XcMWY
youtube.com/watch?v=KMQTXfah08Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>ATLA ship war
>Discord
On a scale of one to ten, how many years are you from being able to post here without getting banned?

>war
more like a massacre

Attached: 1537516750662.png (1334x750, 1.68M)

discord as in fights/arguments user

>atla
That’s a boomer show user

And I'm sure you steam a good ham too

You'll never know. It was even worse than Sasuke/Sakura. This was the great ship meltdown of our times.

Zuko needed a better girl then Mei, but Katara is for Aang.

Attached: 1272206 - Avatar_the_Last_Airbender Katara Zuko beanaroony.jpg (544x1236, 59K)

Attached: 1272203 - Avatar_the_Last_Airbender Katara Zuko beanaroony.jpg (759x827, 49K)

>It was even worse than Sasuke/Sakura
well damn. Tell me more anons

Honestly Katara was a shit "prize", that said, the meltdown from Zutarans was pretty funny, and let's not forget HIBY

Attached: 5252354r.jpg (500x388, 15K)

Zuzu is for inbreeding.

Attached: IMG_2139.png (500x380, 262K)

>It was even worse than Sasuke/Sakura.

Let's be real man, there is nothing worse than Sasuke/Sakura. Even that Bart Simpson/Sakura crossover art had more chemistry than those two.

Attached: D49gqn8WwAAnTw4.jpg (830x819, 65K)

Shippers are the worst thing about fandoms. No exceptions.

On second thought, let's forget HIBY

Please stop, I don't want to masturbate again

Attached: 1284631664728.jpg (310x310, 38K)

Imagine having one section of the fanbase, louder and more fanatical than anybody else. Making the most fanart. The most fanfiction. Starting the most arguments. Now imagine they didn't believe it was over until the final scene of the final episode.

There were wrists cut. There were meltdowns. There were death threats.

It was magic time.

youtube.com/watch?v=ABpWObJRHyc

Welcome to the jungle.

Attached: IMG_2048.png (313x461, 235K)

Still remember that one landwhale who made those Zutara videos , going through episodes with a fine tooth comb over analyzing mundane shit to prove Zutara would become cannon. Her meltdown after the finale was glorious!

The second time around I realized Katara wasn't the perfect waifu I saw her as when I was a kid. But honestly by the end she earned high tier girl status. Great design too very QT.

Nowhere near Azula/Tai Lee level but come on who is?

THIS IS PROOF PEOPLE!

God i wish i had saved that image.

Pic related or taang

Katara doesnt deserve either of them

Attached: images (1).jpg (425x320, 25K)

>Her meltdown after the finale was glorious!

Post it! Also more stuff like this:
thefandomentals.com/zutara-shippers-lament/

You don't have a choice user.

I agree, Katara X Sokka is kino.

Shippers are embarrassing desu
tbf she becomes waifu bait in the comics

Oh wait- I just remembered something from back then.
Bryke HATED that Zutara was so popular among teenage girls they made an entire segment on "a:tla book four" after the finale
It was just two grown men ripping on Zutara fanart from pre-teens

Should I pick them up? I've avoided Korra because i'm afraid it'll ruin it.

I wouldn't say they were ripping on it, it was more light-hearted than that but they were making fun of it.
youtube.com/watch?v=BsWPiETj_F4

Sokka x Suki is cute as is

I ship Zhao x Katara

Attached: d12xi5y-ddd2ff18-42c7-440a-9af4-36f16149d202.jpg (457x513, 94K)

What kataraa needed all season

>steve buscemi getting fucked in the ass.jpg

>going through episodes with a fine tooth comb over analyzing mundane shit to prove Zutara would become cannon

plz post the video

bump

PLEASE tell me someone has made a Zutara version of these:
>imgur.com/a/XKwJ4/#0
>imgur.com/gallery/XcMWY

if not, someone should

It was a hot topic amongst fans back when Avatar first aired. Most of the cast was hot enough that anybody could've feasibly been paired with anyone, and there'd be fans of it, and for some fans the idea of their ship becoming canon was obsessively pined for. In particular, the people that shipped Zuko and Katara produced a bevy art and fics and fanatical discussions, they somehow formed a collective culture and came to be known as Zutarans. Back in the day in Yea Forums's Avatar threads "Zutarans" would be used as the typical boogyman for all things wrong with ATLA and why the show was failing much the same way "tumblr" or "sjws" is used in She-Ra threads today. They weren't liked, honestly considering this bullshit was all over 12 years ago yeah none of it actually mattered.

Zutarans reached a peak of popularity in Season 2 and 3 of Avatar, but an another portion of the fandom reasoned that Aang and Katara would be endgame. There were hints about this all through the series, but it was in September of 2007 when "The Headband" aired that the two groups started to clash. In the episode there's a scene where Aang and Katara share a very passionate, sweaty dance, which fans dubbed the "Kataango", and the more trolly fans would screenshot images of it and show it to Zutaran circles on deviantart and elsewhere and mock them for their ship definitely not going to be canon, and this sparked flame wars and back and forths.

I personally thought it was all silly, and while watching shipping threads before actually watching the show, I thought Aang and Toph should have gotten together. I also pronounced Toph as Toe-f in my head for ages.

Attached: zutara lewis black.jpg (554x4986, 449K)

>Aang and Toph should have gotten together
Based, or toph with zuko and aang with the fire nation school girl

Zuki is Zutara but better

Nah, it's just another shitty crackship. They all are. Shipping = Cancer

>Zutara, Topaang fans call it a masterpiece of art
>Sweet tragedy/romance, and a moving story that captures the mind, body and soul
>says deviantart

Attached: 1548958862052.gif (300x225, 1.75M)

Zuko is out of the running

Attached: 9E23EE1E-0846-4AF3-A1BF-EB59ED549FA2.jpg (955x1000, 227K)

youtube.com/watch?v=KMQTXfah08Y

THANK YOU! I was looking for these but couldn't remember the name of the landwhale responsible

Whatever happened to that Avatar dating sim?

You mean Four Elements Trainer?
Things are coming along smoothly

already 3 finished girls routes by now both love and slaves ones, just Korra left

>PAY ATTENTION TO ME REEEEEEEEEE

Incestfags are the most pathetic pieces of shit on the planet.

No problem. I could never forget the gist of the title because I thought it HAD to be parody at first, but then I went to her page and she was serious.

Shit was wild. I remember there were a lot of unfulfilled bets on the ship wars too, ha