20 years ago would you have believed me is I told that seeing Superman’s death in a live action film had less of an...

20 years ago would you have believed me is I told that seeing Superman’s death in a live action film had less of an emotional impact than Iron Man’s and Black Widow’s death and Captain America’s retirement.

Attached: B4234530-6498-4179-841F-73BAE00D88CE.jpg (980x490, 40K)

>superman is now practically a nobody compared to iron man

>we will never have a fun animated Superman universe movie like spiderverse

Feels bad man

Attached: IMG_3179.jpg (1080x1350, 530K)

>Don't develop Clark for two movies
>drape his death in so much obvious symbolism that it actually detracts from the scene
>undercut his death at the end of the same movie
A year later people are crying over a Raccoon mourning the death of Yondu, and ain't no normal person knew who the fuck Yondu was before the movies

Even five years ago, who would have thought that Aquaman would be a better box office draw than Batman and Superman combined?

As it should be.

Attached: A3FB2E38-E824-4255-BE7C-28A058E3BD2C.jpg (1000x1048, 201K)

>A year later people are crying over a Raccoon mourning the death of Yondu
lmao, nah

And you know most of the execs were arguing against making anything except Superman and Batman movies.

20 years ago I wouldn't have even believed that Rocket Raccoon would get into a movie before Wonder Woman.

I was just thinking the other day that like 6 years ago, the only people who knew what the hell a Rocket Raccoon was were fans of a cancelled 2008 team comic series and MvC fans. Now he’s a star in a 2 billion dollar movie seen by people all over the world.

Not him, but I totally teared up at "I know EXACTLY who you are mecause YOU'RE ME."

That got me curious as to how things look.

For the past five years, by box office draw and skipping team films, it goes:

Black Panther
Captain Marvel
Aquaman
Spider-Man
Wonder Woman
Venom
Deadpool
Doctor Strange
Ant-Man
Wolverine
Shazam

Thor Ragnarok would be just below Venom but they did heavily advertise that as having the Hulk in there as well.

If you add ASM2 and average them out, it drops Spidey down below Wonder Woman and Venom and roughly even with Deadpool.

Stepping back one more year puts Iron Man between T'Challa and Carol plus Superman and Thor in that order between Doctor Strange and Wolverine. Ant-Man should be below Wolverine as well.

I wouldn’t believe you. Iron man was practically a nobody before the MCU to the general public, but now he’s a household name

what a manchild

>Imagine being Zack Snyder and realising that you fucked up one of the most important film franchises forever while destroying multiple cultural icons and careers
>Imagine being Henry Cavill or Ben Affleck and realising that they could have had the same stardom as Chris Evans or Robert Downey Jr
>Yfw Supergirl is more relevant than Superman on screen
>Yfw Batwoman, Arrow, Robin, Alfred and eventually Batgirl are more relevant Batman on screen

>Time Travel Steve disguised himself as Zack Synder and deliberately ruined the DCEU

Attached: DTV6YNSVQAA_PBW.jpg (640x611, 61K)

I mean, I'm not him either, but the part that made me sad was Rocket at the funeral, realizing that he can still salvage things with his family of idiots and losers.

I love how you put the irrelevant part under a spoiler but left the actually important part open for everybody to see

Don't worry, most will assume it's Stevie Wonder, not Steve Rogers, Captain America, portrayed by Chris Evans.

Yeah, thank god the world finally caught up to who the real contemporary heroes are.