AVENGERS: ENDGAME Deleted Scenes

- The Avengers meeting Captain Marvel (post-credits of her movie)
- Extended Iron Man/Nebula on the ship (You can hear some deleted dialogue in the trailer)
- Extended aftermath of Thanos’ death, including a moment between Captain Marvel and Banner (Apparently he would have hulked out and she's calm him down).
- Black Widow depression montage (Shooting, boxing, sets up the birdhouse).
- Thor, Valkyrie, Rocket and Hulk in a church in Norway (Probably an alternate introduction to Punished Thor that they reshot).
- Black Widow and Hawkeye sharing a tender moment on their way to Vormir.
- Longer final battle with several additional character beats and its own tree-act structure.
- Iron Man goes to the Soul World after the snap and says goodbye to his daughter as an adult (played by pic related).
- Cate Blanchett was reportedly on set at some point, so possible Hela cameo that didn’t make the cut.
- Alternate Stark/Pepper wedding with everyone in attendance that they shot to prevent leaks.

Attached: 1557028567397.png (919x508, 638K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i_-ZoO87KpY
youtube.com/watch?v=EeLpVBkQojA
youtube.com/watch?v=x8w95xIdH4o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Literally all of these things should have been in the movie

Also, stuff from the older versions of the script that they never actually got to shoot.

- Old Thanos did not die in the first act in some drafts.
- Banner turning himself into Smart Hulk.
- Thor on a “mission of vengeance”, allegedly assembling an army to take on Thanos with Captain Marvel's help.
- No trip back to 2012. Instead, Iron Man goes to Asgard with Thor and Rocket, wearing a stealth armor that makes him invisible, and tries to steal the Tesseract from Odin’s vault but is caught by Heimdall and fights him.
- Captain America, Ant-Man and Hulk get Loki’s Scepter from the Triskelion in 2014 and then drive to Doctor Strange’s house to pick up the Time Stone.
- War Machine and Nebula would find the planet where the Power Stone was completely underwater and swept by thunderstorms. Also, Nebula wouldn’t be captured by Thanos there.
- Some versions Hawkeye died instead of Black Widow. Writers also considered having Hulk go with her instead of Hawkeye.
- Nick Fury or Maria Hill butting heads with the Avengers over Loki’s jurisdiction in case Robert Redford did not come back as Pierce.
- Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne in the battle in the OG Ant-Man & Wasp suits.
- Doctor Strange interacting with the Abstracts (The Living Tribunal was gonna show up during his fight with Thanos in Infinity War, just observing from afar).
- Comedic bit where the final battle gets paused and roughly 15 random characters (heroes, aliens, wizards, etc.) all get stuck in the trenches together, each trying to figure out their next move.
- Cap getting his dance with Peggy in the end, but returning to the present to retire instead of staying in the past with her.

Attached: 1557027540463.jpg (1280x522, 159K)

>- Iron Man goes to the Soul World after the snap and says goodbye to his daughter as an adult (played by pic related).

Corny as fuck. Pass.

That's not how you spell "pottery"

Attached: Kino.jpg (480x201, 12K)

Kinda expected at least a scene at the end with Peter Quill considering this was literally his first time back on Earth since his abduction as a kid.

Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne in the battle in the OG Ant-Man & Wasp suits

That would have been cool to see.

And who is pic related?

>Cap getting his dance with Peggy in the end, but returning to the present to retire instead of staying in the past with her.

Fuck, why didn't they just do this.

Also, source please? All these sound so much better than what was in the movie.

Wait until they announced extended cut

>Fuck, why didn't they just do this.
Evans wanted out.

Peggy is the only thing that would get Cap to retire. Anything else would feel hollow.

Cap going back just to fuck her and coming back is much worse

where's your source for these OP?

He went back to live the life that was stolen from him. It's a fitting end.

Cap is not the kind of guy that would simply retire in the present and let things happen if he could stop them, as he outright states in Civil War.

And then theres

I'd like it be real, just to see you morons crying over this too
>BWAAAHHH he can't retire now that he is more powerful
>I'll never see teh adventures of cap in space why live?
And next time, we just won't pick up the phone? thats retarded
and endless whinings too.

Attached: a_bloo_bloo_bloo.jpg (900x674, 379K)

>Doctor Strange interacting with the Abstracts

I want this.

Did see it mentioned somewhere else that there's 10-15min more of the finale battle that got cut and might be included in a larger cut. If you're worried about character_x not getting enough screen time in the big battle they're probably in there.

Betting the Russos were under strict motherfucking orders not to go beyond 3 hours - so we might get an extended cut with this one because they did shoot a lot of extra stuff.

>three hour movie
>extended cut
Maybe for the home release.

Not all pottery is good pottery.

A Watcher cameo in the final battle would've ruled

He stole another Steve's life. That's far worse than a one night fuck. Assuming Peggy even let him bang her.

He could retire and never come back now that Sam and Bucky can both be Caps. We've not seen Sam Rockwell return in years.

>Cap impregnates Peggy in the past
>She excitedly gives him the news
>Cap pretends he's excited and then picks up his time watch

>He stole another Steve's life.

You don't know that. They leave it all vague enough not to step on anyone's toes.

There's a SLIGHT difference between a one-off Iron Man villain from 2010 that we know has been rotting in jail ever since and one of the cornerstones of the entire MCU who has been front-faced pretty much every year since 2011.

>I'll never see teh adventures of cap in space why live?
Vance Astro when?

The writers have said he left the other Cap on ice (fandango).

The Russos also did (wish I could remember where I read it). It's in one of the threads in the past week.

Either way, going back in time for a do-over is not what a hero does. The writers say he earned his selfishness. But really, that shits on 10 movies worth of character development.

The writers and directors can't agree what his ending actually was either, time loop or alternate timeline.

Him coming back would have saved marvel from the "Cap did 9-11" memes they had to cover their ass for (apparently MCU doesn't have 9-11).

You don't know if he ended up with Peggy, maybe the tits sagged and divorce was imminent. He never told Sam who he married.

>Cap did 9-11" memes
Explain

Was comparing in terms of clout.

They retired Downey well and could have done the same for Evans instead of a head scratcher of an ending.

>going back in time for a do-over is not what a hero does
t. user on Yea Forums
Cap doesn't owe you a fucking thing.

Fuck off with your reddit spacing

If he was in a time loop and 9-11 happened, he sat on his hands and did nothing or helped it along to keep the timeline safe. That everything had to happen exactly as it did.

Or just look at past Yea Forums threads.

Yea Forums though Old Cap was in a stable time loop and was basically around for all of the MCU without intervening, this "hE lEt 9/11 hApPeN!!!1!!" before the directors said he was in another timeline/reality.

Nope.

He can still just retire and be gone.

Lets be real though when MCU film 68 comes out as the final film of the franchise forever theres going to be a moment in the big final battle where EVERYONE comes back.

Cap would never nut and bolt

Katherine Langford from 13 Reasons Why.

Attached: Katherine Langford.jpg (1047x1047, 157K)

One of the writers contradicts the Russos and says that Cap was in a stable time loop so "Cap did 9/11" is still alive.

>one of the writers contradicts the guys who told them what to write
LOL

Poor Sharon.

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams but turns out vibranium can break them.

Not the user you replied to but yeah he's a fictional character, he technically doesn't owe anyone a thing because he doesn't exist.

She gets Grandpa Steve now.

Hence the problem with Steve going back in time. Stable time loop, he allowed all the tragedies that he is aware of to happen. Alternate timeline, he stole the other Steve's alive and allowed him to stay frozen.

I agree Steve doesn't owe anyone, least of all me, but there are fans that have been supporting the writers, directors and marvel for almost a decade and they owed it to them to give a character they loved a decent end. Please tell me, how is the directors going "Steve Rogers forks a timeline to get together with a dead lover from long ago, one he helped bury" or the writers going "Steve Rogers learned to be selfish and went to the past to always be Peggy's husband, without stopping any atrocities" are satisfactory?

Same, I was hoping we would get introduced to atleast one huge cosmic entity

it's only 3 hours with the credits, i bet there will be a 3 1/2 hour version

>But really, that shits on 10 movies worth of character development.

Not really? He did his heroic deed back in the 40s, it just so happened that he got frozen and found himself in the future. I feel like people try to make this another Man of Steel type character assassination, but it’s just not the same. Like I get where it’s coming from but at some point you just gotta let it go

Because he finally slowed himself to be human instead of a symbol of perfect heroism, his life was stolen from him when he was iced in the 40s and he took it back and finally returned to the woman he loved as he always wished for. That is a good ending for a man that kept sacrificing himself his entire life

Stolen only if his life was to go on but he chose to end his life to save the many so it can't be considered 'stolen'

time loop makes no sense if strange saw 14 million ends. Because clearly if there is a time loop, it means caps timeline was guaranteed to win and play out.

- Comedic bit where the final battle gets paused and roughly 15 random characters (heroes, aliens, wizards, etc.) all get stuck in the trenches together, each trying to figure out their next move.

Is this, like, z-list characters sitting in a trench and talking, or just a random bunch of mooks?

The woman he loved is dead.

Attached: mcu-deaths-peggy-carter-1159222-1280x0.jpg (1280x669, 51K)

It seems since his mom isn't alive, Earth is basically meaningless to him. Even though he has living relatives still there.

He could unfreeze the other Steve. It's not like old Peggy would know what's happening either way at that point!

>Captain America spends eighty years doing a comedic double act where he can do two things at once
>"Damn, Cap, you've really got a great day-planner!"
>alternates railing Peggy

>not doublestuffing her

Ah, that one is too easy. Strange merely didn't look far enough after the last battle - and why would he? He merely wanted to see Thanos defeated, after all. Why would he stick around to see everything everyone did afterward?

>He stole another Steve's life

Attached: 1540515177728.png (1423x189, 16K)

>Strange merely didn't look far enough after the last battle
I think he chose that path to "winning" only because he looked at something further down the line.

It depends, really. They'd already decided to (try to) stay out of times way and avoid changing more than necessary. Steve already decided to change his fate, but that doesn't necessarily mean he decided to change everything. And he HAD decided to retire, for whatever that's worth, when settling down with Peggy. I have less problems with the time travel at this point than I do the idea that someone like Cap could stop himself from trying to make a difference. So I'm more like this user but I can at least see a problem or two.

The first thing is iffy, but it's possible Steve simply didn't catch up with all the details of the past he didn't live through. Like 9/11. Did he memorize the name of the terrorists and the flight numbers? I can imagine a darkly comedic scene of him thinking, "Now let's see, I could tell them some guy named, uhm, Muhammad is going to attack us. Wait, that won't help. Oh shit, what year even was this? Uhm, it was 9/11, so we'll I'll just have them ground every flight on that day every year to be safe." Okay probably not, I mean he's surely seen a Discovery channel documentary - oh wait, they only do aliens and swamp dude reality shows now? Whelp, New York is still fucked.

The other issue is far bigger. Once he changes one major event in history this no doubt has repercussions. Now some of the bad things he knows will happen in the future may not happen, or happen differently than he remembered, while new bad things (and good) will appear in the newly altered timeline.

Then again maybe a wizard did it. He keeps trying to change the timeline and the Ancient One keeps showing up to set things back because Steve is like a pervasive anomaly constantly fucking with time and that's a huge no-no. The only reason she can't defeat him is nobody, even with an Infinity Stone, can defeat a man with a supersoldier enhanced boner for his waifu.

You act like he had some kind of alternate. Every other alternate path he would "choose" wouldn't involve winning, it would involve losing, so at that point past anything past Thanos' actual defeat and the unsnappening is just gravy.

>comedy series where the Ancient One causes history’s most infamous disasters because Cap won’t stop trying to avert them
Fund it.

Attached: DADE0AD6-1180-431E-AE9B-FD65CEA38FF9.gif (300x200, 2.09M)

It's funny in a way, but mostly because we don't know what Strange actually saw. The kicker is that if this was the one victory then in no timeline did Strange actually see them avoid the original snap. Thor apparently NEVER went for the head in any other timeline, for instance. This means that fwiw Strange always looked after the snap hoping to see...I guess them doing what they did. A hail mary play to undo what went wrong.

On the other hand Strange never decided that a much easier method was altering any of the loser outcomes into a winning situation. Like arranging it so that Thor actually does go for the head. It's like he was worried because there was only one timeline where they undid the snap that if they went that way he had to limit his interference. And yet because of what he saw looking through time he DID presumably change things. He deliberately turned over the Time Stone in order to have Tony spared so that Tony could sacrifice himself to snap Thanos (not even the same Thanos even!) out of existence. The mouse pushing a button and bringing out Ants, on the other hand, was just pure dumb luck.

>Steve throws his shield in front of Oswald's bullets to save Kennedy
>The Ancient One opens a portal in front of the shield the other end of which opens into Kennedy's head

Comedy for a certain sense of humor, I suppose.

>Steve stares at Kennedy's corpse
>"Well fuck, guess I lost one my chance to save him. Oh wait, I have a time machine!"
>Ancient One hiding behind the grassy knoll saying, "Don't you do it. Don't you fucking do it, Steve. Oh shit he did it."
>sighs and whips out the Time Stone for Round Two

Wasn't Michael Rooker spotted at the set?

Well yeah they said the starting cut was five hours and they managed to get it down to three. The last fight alone was originally three times as long.

>Iron Man goes to the Soul World after the snap and says goodbye to his daughter as an adult

This would have been so good! I wanted this!

>stole another steve's life
>dude is frozen in ice

>Thor on a “mission of vengeance”, allegedly assembling an army to take on Thanos with Captain Marvel's help.
>No trip back to 2012. Instead, Iron Man goes to Asgard with Thor and Rocket, wearing a stealth armor that makes him invisible, and tries to steal the Tesseract from Odin’s vault but is caught by Heimdall and fights him.

Cap's scenes in 2012 were great but it would have been way cooler if Tony did this instead

I think he needed a future where the stones are taken out of the equation and Tony never has unlimited access to them. We all love Tony but... no, you don't let him play around with all the Infinity Stones, considering how badly him having one went.

>It was cringey and killed all your imagination just for a fan service scene.
>Worst thing possible happens
>He helps fix it
>wants to go back to the life he missed out on after serving selflessly for years
Just deal with the fact that they needed a nice exist for Evans, a real human being who doesn't want to play Captain America for the rest of his life.

Give me back my money then.

They'd need an entire 3 hour movie that's all just one fight scene to fit 68 movies worth of characters into one battle.

>Heimdall sees & hears 2 Thors, 2 Tonys, 2 Rockets in the same universe.
>Fight them anyway
Literally anime's writing.

>Evans wanted out.
Retire him properly. Seeing old man cap is just so weird. I'd rather have Steve leave his farewell letter and never show up in main Universe again.
Final scene should be promised dance in 1940 and leave the rest to audiences' imagination.

Sounds like you have a fear of growing old more than anything else.

I would assume the former
Yeah I thought it was really neat seeing the original helmet in Pym's lab in the past

You meant to say patrician's taste?

>Iron Man goes to the Soul World after the snap and says goodbye to his daughter as an adult (played by pic related).

While could have been interesting I feel it'd have dragged it out to way too sappy. I love you 3000 way way better.

Probably saving it for his sequel

Tony's daughter isn't in the Soul Stone dunkass.

>- Doctor Strange interacting with the Abstracts (The Living Tribunal was gonna show up during his fight with Thanos in Infinity War, just observing from afar).
Man I would've liked to see that

Technically Gamora isn't either, she's still alive.

A theory I like is that he went back, had his dance, etc., then had that timeline's past version of himself unfrozen so HE could be with Peggy while OG Cap went on to have a life of his own.

They probably could have done a thing where Quill and Cap officially meet and chat for the first time and Quill expresses his opinion on how his home looks and feels so different now which Cap can relate to and the result of this being that both decides to go back to where they feel is their true home, Quill flying to space and trying to find Gamora, Cap back to his timeline and marrying Peggy.
But I'm guessing people would find that too corny.

Based on the logic as presented in the movie and as confirmed by the Russos time loops are out of the question. I know it's less elegant but that's just how it works.

A Gamora is still alive. What this Gamora is only Drax will wonder because he's truly the wisest of the entire MCU.

I think that was during the filming of Infinity War to mask the fact of him dying in the not-yet-releaed GOTG2.

Much as I hate to leave any wiggle room for time travel infograph user (not that he needs an excuse to keep posting his shit) but the way it's presented in the movie is deeply flawed. Banner is smart but clearly time travel isn't his thing since his first attempt craps up. Tony is smart and did the homework, but theory is all nice and well when as far as he knows nobody has actually time travelled so it's all, you know, theory. He at least guesses what they did to Ant-Man in their first try, so props for that.

The problem, and it's a big problem, is the only person we know with practical time travel experience (beyond Strange who is unavailable) is the Ancient One. She's had the Time Stone for centuries and exploited it despite the rules against using it. Yet when she dumps some hot time travel exposition on us complete with handy visual aids the only thing she specifically mentions as causing a split in the timeline is messing with the Infinity Stones and taking them out of their established place in the timeline. Established only from the perspective of the person from the future because, well shit, on top of all this we know for a fact the timeline is mutable because Strange saw millions of possible combinations. Maybe these changes are only possible because he had the Time Stone and it was based on how he used it? Who knows. Just as sure it's possible that taking anything out of time changes the past but she only mentions the Stones because a. that's what banner wanted and b. without it some nebulous evil will destroy her resulting Time Stoneless reality. Except of course she specifically mentions the Stones creating what we perceive as the flow of time thus implying only dicking with the Stones creates alterate realities.

That's just the movie. If the directors say that it works a certain way fuck it go with what they say. Sadly the movie itself wasn't as precise as it could have been on the matter.

Kinda hard to squeeze that in with the movie's run time. I think the Thor + Guardians scene is more significant, since Quill and Thor both have big FAT empty holes in their lives at the end of the film.

With Iron Man dead, I want there to be a power struggle between Stark Industries, AIM and Hammer.

>the only thing she specifically mentions as causing a split in the timeline
Empirically, Loki runs off with the Tesseract in the 2012 timeline and Thanos & co. disappear from the 2014 timeline. These are immutable differences from the main timeline and no amount of loop-de-looping changes that. Add to that Nebula literally killing her own past self with no consequences to herself in the present as the cherry on top. A is A.

Sounds like it would've been the Ravagers/GOTG Classic/Howard the Duck.

Underrated post.

It's not even less elegant.
Accepting a stable time loop for Cap, creates an entirely different method of time travel that exists, just for Cap, just that one time, which he invents on his own just for himself.
Which is incredibly stupid. He was in another timeline and he just overshot his mark because he was using old memories that Tony gave him from, his perspective, 50+ years ago.

2014 Thanos is easy peasy. They were engaged in the theft of two timestones from that point in history so he could be from any of those splits (based just on the Ancient One's Infinity Stones creates alternate histories bit). Loki didn't take a stone out of time, however he did take it out of its established place in the main timeline so arguably that should be enough to cause a splintered reality, so by the end of the film there is one branched timeline that hasn't specifically been accounted for. Handy from their perspective.

Of course there's still time crap happening, for instance the 2014 branches would be erased when the stones were returned, however their interaction with the main timeline wouldn't be undone, apparently, since all the ruckus 2014 Thanos did was left untouched and there is still the spare Gamora. Or is there? Technically the movie ended after Cap returned the stones so we don't officially know, but it would be a fairly huge mindscrew to have Star-Lord still looking for Gamora only to reveal in Guardians 3 that she was erased with her reality branch. Not sure audiences would jive with that, either.

youtube.com/watch?v=i_-ZoO87KpY

My bladder is not the TARDIS, user.

I just meant it's less elegant because time loops appeal to us because of their apparent cleverness, despite the havoc they wreak on logic.

>They were engaged in the theft of two timestones from that point in history so he could be from any of those splits
I can't figure out what you're trying to say here. Main timeline has Star-Lord taking the Power Stone, eventually forming the Guardians, yadda yadda, Thanos rolls up and Infinity War happens. Thanos disappearing from the timeline before any of that happening is an irrevocable split, with the Guardians never being formed and the threat of Ego looming. Cap restoring the Power Stone to its place doesn't change any of that because that timeline's Thanos is already gone.

How about Oscorp?
Stane Industries led by young up-and-comer Ezekiel Stane?
Baintronics?

Their assertion is that simply returning the stones to their timelines magically fixes everything and somehow eliminates every possible divergent timeline. Every other branch that doesn't involve taking an infinity stone simply disappears when the time travelers return to their original timeline. I don't agree with it but that's what they're claiming.

Writers considered having Hulk with her instead of Hawkeye.
Why didn't they do this? Both characters have nothing really to live for except each other and that hasn't really worked out.

That makes no sense. That's bullshit Meet the Robinsons rules.
youtube.com/watch?v=EeLpVBkQojA
The whole reason the Ancient One allows Banner to take the Stone is that he points out that by returning it to a point in time right after it was taken, then from the timeline's perspective it was as if it was never taken at all. If returning the Stone allows the timeline to play out and THEN resets it then Thanos would never have been able to make it to the main timeline because the timeline that was his point of origin would have been retroactively reset by the act of the Power Stone being resturned in the future.

I agree it makes no sense but that's what they're trying to argue. One of the screenwriters is also saying taking a stone is the only way a branch reality is created, which makes things even more confusing.

That's what both Banner and the Ancient One agreed would happen. Taking a Stone out of its place in time? That creates a branch reality, one lacking the Stone taken. Return the stones so close to the point it was removed that it was for all practical purposes never really removed at all from history's perspective? That eliminates the branch reality.

However the assertion is that something else that leaves that timeline via quantum realm shenanigans avoids the destruction of their reality by virtue of not being in their reality. It all comes down to whatever happens stays happen. Only the future can change, not the past or present, from the perspective of the people at that point in time anyway.

Does it make sense? Maybe if you're Doc Brown and also high. Still it's what we're told and we have to abide by it. Or bitch constantly, which we do too. It doesn't really change anything and doesn't even make us feel better since we keep doing it, but hey it's something you can do.

Doctor Strange would be the perfect movie to introduce the more esoteric shit in the Marvel universe so that normalfags would get used to it. I want the MCU to be as wacky and insane as the comics one day.

Taking the stone and creating a branch reality is what the movie actually tells us from someone who should know that kind of shit: The Ancient One.

I don't know. It's time travel, you just roll with whatever shit happens. I submit this for your consideration:

youtube.com/watch?v=x8w95xIdH4o

It's not the most satisfying answer for every user, by far, but it's the best bet at maintaining sanity.

Doing anything in the past creates a branch reality, not just taking an infinity stone. That was the whole idea behind the "killing baby Thanos" example and the movie explicitly shows multiple branching timelines.

The thread has been over this. Many threads have already been over this. Pre-Ancient One's exposition dump they were operating on THEORY. The Ancient One, however, has centuries of experience with the Eye which is the Time Stone and has been cheating death with it for - again - centuries.

So you have some very smart people who have theories, which aren't facts, and an impossibly old, very wise wizard lady who knows the facts because she's lived with time travel longer than all of them combined have been alive.

FWIW at least Tony was still taking back Mjolnir which Thor also borrowed from the past despite that branch reality supposedly being erased when the Aether is crammed back up Jane's annoying hole. Maybe Steve is being kind. Maybe he's hedging his bets. Maybe he's going to go after Loki after all. Hell, maybe he has it melted down to create his new shield after Thanos fucked up his old one and Sam is worthy enough to hold it.

We've been over this, you're wrong.

Cap having to return Mjolnir completely destroys the "just return the stones, bro" theory. inb4 he needs it to fight the bad guys.

literally all are superfluous and add nothing beyond bloat

>tfw never got a meeting with all the 3 Chris actors
Infinity War had a fun compare and contrast of the Chris actors with Thor meeting either Steve and Peter.

Attached: 1526667406433.jpg (600x513, 38K)

Hey man, you want to argue with the bald wizard lady have at it. You'll probably get kicked out of the theater for shouting at the screen in the middle of the movie, though, so I wouldn't advise it.

Hard to be inb4 that one since it was mentioned he could use it against Loki to get the Space Stone back he stole. Besides, we aren't sure he needed to do it. Maybe Thor told him to hang onto it since he was worthy and besides he had the big one. Maybe he doesn't believe in wizards because there's only one God and he says to burn the witches and heretics.

>Hard to be inb4 that one since it was mentioned he could use it against Loki to get the Space Stone back he stole.
He doesn't need to do that considering no one took the space stone in that timeline. Face it, you're just wrong.

Dude, Loki stole it and escaped from the post-Avengers 1 film era. Sorry to spoil the movie for you since you clearly never saw it.

I think its only cause Bruce and the Ancient One are assuming the others got the stones with minimal hassle/changes like their meeting. From the perspective of the Ancient One, she'd just not have the time stone for a few seconds during the defense against the alien invasion before Bruce or whoever they had sent to give back the stone to her.

What can we say but the heroes do some dumb, incomprehensible stuff. For instance they plan a Time Heist™ to steal all the Stones when really they only needed to go back and obtain the Time Stone, which was arguably the easiest to obtain, go back to the future, use it to restore all the original Stones Thanos destroyed same way he restored both Vision and the Mind Stone. Hell, for shits and giggles they could probably undust a few people using the Time Stone (maybe. It'd surely work on a local, one by one basis, since it wouldn't have the power of the other Stones backing it up). Then they can just return the Time Stone to her. No fuss, no muss, no alternate reality Thanos army fucking shit up. Boom, nearly two hours shaved off the movie.

You're welcome, America.

>Dude, Loki stole it and escaped from the post-Avengers 1 film era.
Dude, Loki didn't take it out of the timeline.

The Ancient One at least never assumed that. She didn't want to hand it over as it was. It was only learning that Strange surrendered the Time Stone that she changed her tune. At first she's horrified, then she seems to accept the reasoning that Strange had a reason.

>That eliminates the branch reality.
No, it eliminates the consequences of the divergence. Simply travel to that moment in time creates a branch in and of itself; the idea is to have your actions there create the minimal amount of interference and thus allow future events in that timeline to play out identical to the original's.

>single timeline retard ruins another thread

But he altered it by his actions regardless.

> Longer final battle with several additional character beats and its own tree-act structure.
I already thought the final battle was too long and boring by the point both armies arrived to fight each other in a big CGI mass, but I was really hoping to see a Hulk vs Thanos rematch given how badly he got his ass kicked before.

Attached: 1513537778999.png (333x304, 139K)

He took it out of its established place in the timeline. What, you don't think that counts for some reason? Only time travel does it? So then why didn't the Ancient One suggest merely hiding the Stones really really well and then collecting them in the future. Just shove them up the Hulk's ass. Nobody will ever think to look there and they can dig them out in 2019 to have a new set. No time travel means no branch realities but also no change in the timeline even though, whoops, it would have to break quite a number of things, but not the Ancient One's magical infographic so we're fine.

Negative. When Banner shows the Ancient One they could just return the stone so chronologically it never left this eliminated the branch reality she showed him.

OP, what's your source?

>Banner easily overpowers Nat and throws himself off the cliff to sacrifice his life for the stone
>Lands at the bottom with a resounding thud
>Survives it completely unscratched
>Has to walk all the way back up the mountain again
Boy, that'd be awkward.

I suppose theoretically you could hide them. It wouldn't be too long and most of them have remained hidden for eons. For bonus points replace them all in the timeline with Troll dolls just to fuck with Thanos and the Collector.

If those were really up in their plans, I wonder if it could kind of work where Bruce really does "die" there for the soul stone, only to revive as the Hulk afterwards, letting them bypass the sacrifice part.

Nah, the soul stone death seems to be completely final. Not even the fully assembled gauntlet can reverse it, so a bit of gamma radiation shouldn't be anywhere near enough.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE MOVIE COULD HAVE BEEN GOOD?

Every single time, man. But now he's joined by "Ancient One knows more about time travel so everyone else was wrong" guy.

none of that was needed except the longer battle and maybe iron man saying goodbye
>Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne in the battle in the OG Ant-Man & Wasp suits
fuck I would have loved that
>strange and the abstracts
better to save for his own movie

I really thought the Russos confirming he was wrong would stop things.

The problem returned due to one of the writers saying they believe in the time loop. Keep in mind that the other writers were on the same side as the Russos.

Ah fuck. Guess I missed a couple things. Source?

Don’t people know that the directors are in charge? At that point it’s literally just the writer’s head user.

I think part of the problem is there's a more precise, sensible answer that solves the issue, but they're trying to keep shit under wraps for the movies and shows they've got planned that deal with Steve's decision.

Because it’s shit and Whedon is shit.

>Extended Iron Man/Nebula scene on ship

NEED TO KNOW MOAR RISES (we all know it'll be total ship-bait).

Only thing from this I would have kept is OG Ant-Man and Wasp. Would've been a nice cameo.

Other than that the rest feels bloated. And even though Living Tribunal is fucking hype, having the Titan fight stop so Strange can acknowledge the abstracts would have severely hurt the airtight pacing of that sequence.

I'd honestly like Guardians 3 to start on Earth, if only for a scene with grandpa Quill (assuming he's still alive). Be a nice parallel to the opening of Guardians 1.

>Mr Stark is dead
>Happy is plowing Aunt May
>and now this Norman Osborn is taking a keen interest in Peter's academic career
STRAAAAANGE THINGS ARE HAPPENING TO ME

That would’ve been better

>- Cap getting his dance with Peggy in the end, but returning to the present to retire instead of staying in the past with her.
THIS IS LITERALLY ALL YOU HAD TO FUCKING DO
GOD I'M STILL MAD
FUCK YOU RUSSOS

The Stones are what is important to the timeline not people. Taking the Stones out eventually dooms reality because they are a fundamental part of the universe or some such. People don't matter in the grand scheme so they can disappear.

Ravages, Asgardians, Wakandans, wizards, and SHIELD agents would be fun to see.

I wish, but Marvel doesn't do extended cuts.

>He can still just retire and be gone.

How do you justify him not coming back anymore while being "out there" in the universe? Awful, I'm glad you're not writing these movies.

>Retire him properly.

They did. Having him go out young in the sunset never to appear again while audiences know he's still out there but doing nothing would have been ten thousand times more awful.

Marvel also always has after credits scenes.

There’s no reason they can’t break precedent.

Oh shit that'd be a great way to introduce Oscorp. It's a shame they'll never fucking do it

Attached: 4006146-superior spider-man 031-015.jpg (1249x1920, 962K)

Why didn't they just kill Cap? I'd rather have that than him retiring when the world is in chaos. His ending was atrocious.

Cap earned his happy ending. Let him motorboat those tiddies through History in peace.

Attached: Patriotic Smug.png (750x747, 909K)

You know what? I was ready to pay for a movie in two 3 hours-long parts. They could have put MUCH more content in it.

True!

Attached: H.jpg (600x878, 82K)

The shot where the female superheroes arrives to backup Captain Marvel was different, in the alternate draft every female that has ever appeared in the films shows up, including Thor's mom, Peggy, the hookers Stan Lee was with during his Playboy cameo, the Ancient One, and so on.

Carol punches Thanos in the nuts and he keels over and starts whimpering and she says "In the end, you're just another dude..."

same
I get that they were working over the three hour time limit already but I’d be down to binge watch the final season of Avengers in one sitting if it were four hours

That sounds awful. He probably let that Cap remain frozen since he had a role to play

Why didn't they do any of this?

Time, budget and/or better ideas on the table.

What is the living tribunal?

wish they would have used more hulk scenes since he will never ever get another solo movie

>Moment between Captain Marvel and Banner (Apparently he would have hulked out and she's calm him down)
>Iron Man goes to the Soul World after the snap and says goodbye to his daughter as an adult
other than these i wish those had made it in

Apparently they also cut a comedic exchange between Scott and the security guard played by Ken Jeong, with Scott coming up with a ludicrous lie to explain how he got locked inside a police impound lot.

Attached: Community ANTS.png (759x467, 383K)

I guess the rumors that the bulk of the budget going to a cgi character never materialized

>I don’t want characters to have a happy ending
Why is everyone so edgy?

Also pacing and such. Scenes that they shot but ultimately felt were superfluous, as the matters are already covered, or they don't move things forward meaningfully.

If OP is true, then that sounds like most of it was cutting stuff for time. More is not always better.

It did seem a bit odd that he got like 10 seconds of screentime and no dialogue, while Yvette Nicole Brown was a significant part of the 70's scenes.

How would a dance make cap feel like his life wasnt stolen? He had to live it out

>living a life of delusion
>happy ending

nope

>delusion

It was all real, user. No matter how much you seethe.

It wasn't real. His Peggy died in 2016. He went to another reality, that's not his own to live out a life of delusion. That isn't the woman he loved. Just a doppleganger.

>More is not always better
Could be the motto of this worthless movie

>That isn't the woman he loved
He could only go to branches from his timeline, so it literally was a Peggy that went through all the same things and experiences he had with her during WWII, with literally him, not a different version of him. Even if it was a different Peggy from the one he buried, it was the same Peggy as the one he fought alongside in WWII.

I just realized you know who never showed up again?
Coulson not even as a cameo

Attached: 1517698113309.jpg (552x504, 35K)

Why would he? He's already dead at the time point they jumped to for 2012.

>- Cap getting his dance with Peggy in the end, but returning to the present to retire instead of staying in the past with her.

This would have been so much better than the ending we got. Hope there is enough deleted scenes for a fanedit.

He's dead.

Daily reminder that most of these posts have utter bullshit fan fic in them that were never even there in the first place.

>Were never there
>Writers literally say these in interviews

Didn't he get a tv show?

Google it you lazy bum

Agents of SHIELD is one-way canon just like all the Marvel TV shows that aren't Agent Carter.

So having just seen it.

Is ant man the true hero.

>"Cap, why are you strapping your shield to the nose of the plane? We need to lift off."

They also could have just gone back and grabbed Pym before he got Thanos'd, and they wouldn't need to worry about having a limited number of trips, or having to trick a past version of him so they could steal the particles.

Pym's a violent asshole, it's best not to keep him in the loop.

His hate-boner for Starks is strong.
I'm surprised he was at the funeral at the end, but he was likely dragged there by Janet because Hope (and Scott) were there.

>Iron Man goes to the Soul World after the snap and says goodbye to his daughter as an adult (played by pic related).
Thats retarded and I don't believe you.

Didn't you hear? Captain America is black now.

Also he’s dead in the show too.

Now it's completely non canon because they're outright ignoring the snap and the timeskip as Marvel wouldn't let them feature it because the timeskip was the big secret they didn't want spoiled and just told them to not worry about it.

How would that be better? Chris Evans is done in the MCU, so what would be the point of having a young, fully-abled Cap in the present that won't do anything anymore?

>Movie tolds you that time travel rules seen on other movies like Back to the Future adoesn't apply on this one.
>People ignores this and confuses themselves because they didn't understand the basic time travel rules established in Endgame

Has it been confirmed that the new season doesn't have a timeskip? In the trailers Quake seems to have a new look, so it could still be acknowledged.

Hank was there just to spit on Stark's grave. He missed his chance with Howard and dammit he's not missing this one. The funny thing is despite arguing with Howard the man still respected Hank. It did not go both ways.

Personally I am not 100% interested in the Russo's take on how this all worked and what happened behind the scenes in things we didn't see directly in the movie. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'd ignore them, not by far, but I'm keeping in mind that what the MCU does in the future building off of this is still up in the air. That's something to keep in mind which is that the MCU is going to keep going, keep expanding, so how they decide to utilize what we've seen is still up in the air. But I take this as a given because we could also see them create things that happened during/because of Endgame that haven't been talked about yet. For instance, hell, they could decide that Hulk performing the un-Snap created a gamma feedback that irradiated some of the people who were dusted and that's how the MCU is getting mutants.

Having said that I'm leaning on agreeing with the Russos view of branch realities (thus the Ancient One is wrong or was misleading) and Steve was in one such reality with Peggy. That's mostly because alternate realities are just so damn useful as plot devices, same as with the comics. Plus they might be laying the groundwork for a future big overarching plot that culminates in a movie version of the last Secret Wars with the multiverses crashing, everything centered on Earth (naturally), Doom getting involved, introduce the Beyonders, let's start suggesting casting for Black Swan now, they'll do a multi-parter where the Avengers fail to stop the destruction of every universe and wind up on Battleworld. Although they still have other major villain threats like Galactus they could use after Thanos I still wouldn't be surprised of we do eventually get Secret Wars. Probably Secret Invasion at some point. Oh, and the Dark Avengers too because why not, though people have been talking up Thunderbolts instead.

Plus it makes more sense for how there was still a shield to give Sam, he nicked the one from the other reality. Got to wonder what the hell Thanos sword was made out of that it could fuck with vibranium like that.

Annnnnd then it turns out that it's adamantium and Weapon X melts down Thanos' sword and grafts it to Wolverine's bones. I can actually see them doing this.

>Saves the entire universe from the biggest threat
>Retires
You sounds like a pussy, dork

>- Iron Man goes to the Soul World after the snap and says goodbye to his daughter as an adult (played by pic related).
>
They should have kept this.
It would have been a great moment in comparison to Thanos' but,
>Love you 3000
still works

It's probably one of those things cut for how confusing it would be to audiences. Who is this chick? Why is she an adult now? Why is she in the Souuuuuul Dimension?

Shit, but it happens, especially with the MCU.

The sword was probably dusted too since Tony even accounted for Thanos' downed ship, but hell for all I know when Thanos chucked it at the van it wound up in the quantum realm and gets farted out later. It is very likely gone but if it shows up later then no surprise. It's the kind of thing they'd do.

On the plus side with most or all of 2014 Thanos' shit gone from the battlesite then they don't have to worry about Damage Control being shit at keeping tabs on recovered materials. They just have to worry about people stealing anything salvaged from the Avengers. Again.

That's sad isn't it? It's like saying the guy is only here to fight. They should have let Steve Rogers the man live in the present instead of only viewing him as Captain America the warm body that's only useful to fight. It's like they didn't know what else to do with him and that's a shame. He could have gone back to support groups or something. Maybe take over Sam's job at the VA.

>One of the writers contradicts the Russos and says that Cap was in a stable time loop
Well, he's wrong. The movie spends two entire scenes with two different main characters explaining how time travel in the MCU is not BttF style.

Sounds to me that's what he'd have wanted, but was overruled mid writing.

Yes, but that’s marvel for you

I always figured he just had Tchalla fix it. There was clearly a few days or so between the final battle and Cap going back to set the stones since they had to deal with Tony and such.

In-universe, can't Steve just use a remake of the prototype time machine to regain his youth?

Only physically. It wouldn’t actually make him younger.

>Only physically
I mean, that's the part that actually matters. Not having your experiences and mind overwritten by physically becoming younger is a good thing.

>hulk or banner dies
>they see a green door

the new season takes place one year after the last season
so it takes place one year into the post-snap world and 4 years before the Avengers undo the snap

Iron Man goes to the Soul World after the snap and says goodbye to his daughter as an adult (played by pic related).
Why would she be in the Soul Gem tho?

Attached: 3a9.png (720x528, 447K)

>Bruce invented immortality
>Tony treats it like a fuck up

Attached: 1556301257028.jpg (463x557, 470K)

Shouldn't Hank's hate boner for Tony have ended with his sacrifice?

I don't suppose you have a reliable source

But his mind wouldn’t change.

proofs?

And? That's good.

No extra scenes about Thor not being a fat, pathetic piece of shit? Dang. They really wanted to shit on Thor this movie.

Nope, a rat is.

MCU Pym "Writers only know one thing about Hank, and that is that he slapped his wife once fifty years ago" comic Pym.

If the wreck of Sanctuary II survived, they have no end of salvage and reverse engineering to do.

they can just show up on Strange's movie, guy is the only one who is worthy to meet them not carol not thor.

They aren't going to develop him enough to explain he's full on bipolar, so you should settle for the easier to understand "prone to violent outbursts".

It'd be a LOT easier to secure than the entirety of New York.

Seems likely. Earth was just repeatedly the focal point of several universe spanning events fucking with the nature of reality, not to mention all the time travel crap. Something powerful, hell, several somethings powerful are going to take note of that. Strange is going to be the one having to deal with them, or answering to them.

Earth is quickly gaining a reputation.

Attached: Dont Fuck With Earth.jpg (690x602, 153K)

>tfw Death blames Strange because the dead came back to life
>tfw Eternity and Infinity praises him

With Tony gone they're going to need another brainiac to drive plots. Reed Richards is a given but I can imagine a few others. Fuck it, Ross would be exactly the d-bag to arrange a pardon for Justin Hammer so he could play around with alien tech. Then of course The Leader if they can get Universal to play nice. Or not. Who the hell knows how all those rights work. Hulk production rights reverted but as far as I know Universal owns production.

This stupid little graphic needs updating now that Didney has absorbed Fox and earned the lion share of their outstanding characters back.

Attached: 1*5oz1xI5BTdo8Jk9JHv8scw.png (1600x1035, 914K)

bazinga

I wonder how the MCU will roll out Doom. I'm hoping not something off the wall like he's hired by the world security whatever (I guess they don't exist; is it just the UN that runs the Accords?) to reverse engineer alien shit to protect the planet because these unruly heroes are doing a horrible job. Sure they eventually save most people after dropping the ball in the first place and still leaving a fuck ton of damage. Personally I'd rather he just be the ruler of Latveria who starts spouting about how he's fucking tired of everyone else screwing with the world so he'll just take care of matters himself, while everyone laughs at the obviously third world shithole nobody has even heard of. And then he shows them his power level.

>Tchalla and Mbaku arguing if they will help the rest of the world or not
>wakanda out of the way a guy with a mask shows up and proclaims he will save earth
there ya go

>a guy with a mask shows up and proclaims he will save earth

B-Bane!?1

You don't know much about hate boners, do you?

Speaking of Agent Carter, does the shit that happens in the show happen before or after Cap comes back to the past? Does Carter dump Sousa for Cap or does Cap come in before that was even a thing? Damn, now I'm just wishing we had gotten more seasons of Agent Carter. I'm like 90% sure that her brother isn't really dead and he's the one who shot Thompson.

I'm surprised most people focus on, "CAP LET 9/11 HAPPEN" instead of something more personally twisted like shacking up with Peggy but failing to mention that all her work on SHIELD is tainted by Hydra. Of course being an alternate reality I bet they had a lot of fun hunting down the Hydra agents before they could really establish themselves and made Zola's life a living hell. Then freed Bucky somewhere along the way along with thawing out that reality's cap so every night Peggy had to deal with all of them making her into a triple decker sandwich.

Isn't the suffering of the person you have a hate boner for enough to nut?

I like the alternate reality explanation for that reason alone, because otherwise Cap's a total monster for letting his wife go to work everyday unwittingly aiding Hydra. What's extra fucked up is that in this scenario by the time Carter finds out the truth about Hydra infecting SHIELD her dementia will be too late-stage for her to actually be pissed at Cap for hiding that from her. And then, yeah, of course, there's his friend being tortured and brainwashed by Hydra and and any number of atrocities that he could prevent if he didn't have to stop the timeline from changing too much. Alternate reality means that Cap can have a real happy ending, but it seems from what directors/writers are saying that's not the case.

>Of course being an alternate reality I bet they had a lot of fun hunting down the Hydra agents before they could really establish themselves and made Zola's life a living hell. Then freed Bucky somewhere along the way along with thawing out that reality's cap
I would love it if they did something totally off the rails like this as spin-off moive or TV show. Carter and Cap being a real team outside of WWII would be badass. Since it's an alternate reality they wouldn't have to worry about keeping shit canon complaint or whatever, they could just write whatever's fun and exciting and has the most explosions.

>so every night Peggy had to deal with all of them making her into a triple decker sandwich.
Sounds like Peggy's a lucky lady.

>Sounds like Peggy's a lucky lady.
Another thread dealt with these consequences

This would have been SOOO much better, Cap still gets to have his dance with Peggy, but in a moment of closure for both of them so they can finally move on with their lives.

Esoteric has a very specific meaning beyond just "Weird".

This, The Cap ending we got sucks and this would have made so much more sense thematically for his character and would have shown growth

I disagree. This is what we should've gotten instead of rushing his funeral to get to Cap's shitty ending with Peggy.

I just wish it was open-ended. All they had to do was switch the order.
>Steve gives Sam the Shield before he leaves in the tunnel to return the stones.
>End the movie with Steve dancing with Peggy.
Problem solved, people can interpret that as, Cap lives in the past or Cap comes back after his dance. Evans can retire or be brought back, easy peasy.

You mean the shield that was shattered?

I mean, when Scott turned into a baby, it wasn't a baby with the intelligence of a man.

Tony had more than 1 shield. Plus if he decided to hand off the shield, he could have pulled some strings and asked for one from T'Challa.
In Homecoming, Happy says:
>"All right, wheels up in eight minutes. We just got to load Tony’s old Hulkbuster armor, prototype for Cap’s new shield, and the Meging... the Meg... the... Thor’s magic belt."

Kino

>woman
>depression

Oscorp filling the void with cutting edge tech would be great. Even something like Oscorp buying out Hammer or something would make a lot of sense
>secret buyer snapping up all of Tony's old haunts
>turns out its Osborn who keeps finding pieces of Stark Tech/robbing the tech and retrofitting it
>Iron Goblin suit and then even possibilities of Iron Patriot stuff/Thunderbolts

there's a lot of openings there they can do, but what they'll actually do is probably nothing

Attached: 5156B6F5-F26E-4FB4-A0AD-E458C101EF93.jpg (1125x331, 213K)

Yeah, he could have retired as Captain America but become a counselor to help people coming back from the snap. I thought that's what they were setting up with his scene early in the movie, him realizing that fighting wasn't the only way to help.

People would still bitch that its boring, why isnt he fighting.

>those fucking lips
fuck you russo bros

it sould be hydra and they would use it to get redskulls spirt off vorimir and put him into a mech body.

Attached: K19nQ.jpg (725x712, 156K)

> Living Tribunal warning about the multiverses coalescing.
> Eternity meeting Strange.
> Agamotto telling Strange to kill Wanda.

>Right in the Infinity Stones!

>He stole another Steve's life.
You are fucking retarded holy shit never post again

>Writers also considered having Hulk go with her instead of Hawkeye.

That also struck me as off. Clint was married and had kids. Black Widow was like his #5 and I'm pretty sure Gnat had some people above Clint as well.

They were like brother and sister. Definitely a stronger bond than Banner, whom Nat was kind of into for a few weeks before he fucked off Earth for years.

Not really. People want a conclusion that fits the character. Retiring and helping people make more sense than him abandoning his friends to pursue the girl he lost.

>People want a conclusion that fits the character.

And they got it.

Yea Forums is the only place sperging about Cap getting his happy ending, as usual.

I dunno what's busted in your brain user but you're fucking lame enough to be a writer for Warner Brothers

>abandoning his friends

"Abandoning" implies leaving when someone needs you.

Do tell, who did he abandon?

No, he didn't abandon Bucky. He clearly knew what Steve was planning and is content living in Wakanda.

Do you really want to see carol effortlessly over power the hulk?

>Yea Forums is the only place
Twitter and Tumblr says otherwise, but those are mostly fujos of the Stucky variety.

She would calm him down, not wrestle him into submission.

I heard about the scene, they cut it because it added a tension-breaking comedic moment.