WORST DECADE OF CARTOONS?

Worst decade for cartoons so far?

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-04-16h07m48s836.png (1920x1080, 1.46M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0bme0JpXQUg
youtube.com/watch?v=KqE14og1cQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=S-Yids3W86M
youtube.com/watch?v=51MzgTRmTOU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Adventure Time
>Steven universe
This one.

>hey guise this one shitty randumb cartoon from 2011 is totally representative of the entire decade

worst decade period

Attached: 1556634675078.jpg (1312x805, 361K)

The 70s were pretty undeniably worse, but I think the 10s might have been the most disappointing decade. The 70s never really showed promise, while the 10s were full of shows that started out promising and went to shit.

Only fucking idiots would think it's not the 70s or 80s

the 1910's were worse

I can't remember anything good about the '60s besides the Disney shorts and the few Looney Tunes '60s shorts that were not shit. The Hanna Barbera stuff was okay. Movies were shit outside the Disney canon before he died.

This.

The 80s is like a more severe version of the 2000s. There's a handful of good shows people use to try and defend it, but if you actually look back you'll notice most of the shit that would still be good on first viewing today is packed into the last three years, and even then most of that stuff was outdone by the 90s

It was disappointing to nerds like the ones on Yea Forums, but if you actually talk to normies most of them like modern cartoons

At the same time at least this decade has stuff. What did the 70s truly have?
This decade is unique in that unlike others all the truly popular stuff was complete and utter shit, but some of the under the radar stuff is some of the best stuff we ever got

Same song different age: new good old bad everything's #cancer and gay until suddenly it's a new golden age, man weren't newgrounds sprite cartoons epic

Fucking watch. In ten years people are going to be on Yea Forums talking about how steven universe was the last great cartoon and how [new cartoon] ruined everything

Attached: 1553890835059.png (870x628, 540K)

That time period when Cartoon Network stopped showing cartoons

Everybody's definition of "shit" has become more and more forced in the last few years. Nothing can ever be flawed anymore, it's either perfect or garbage. The internet (and especially tumblr and Yea Forums) have made discourse fucking awful.

On topic:
70's. So much trash it'd make your head spin.

There's also this weird loss of the distinction between objective and subjective quality. In current year, if someone personally doesn't like a show then it's bad and also shouldn't be allowed to exist. You see it with girl shows all the time on Yea Forums

this show had a lot of soul
i feel like people unfairly criticize it all the time

That's okay with me. I don't hate modern cartoons as a whole either, there's plenty of shows that I really enjoyed but the majority of them just weren't for me.

No see you guys don't get it, this show had a few mediocre episodes out of 50+, that means it's irredeemable shit.

The truth is 88-05 was a flash in the pan and we've returned to the norm of shit.

Just the way of the world

The early 2010s was the most extreme kids cartoons ever got so your "good cartoons ended when i got out of childhood" shit is wrong

The 10s are what I call the Gilded Age of animation.

You have new means of reproducing opinions (social media, fandoms, clickbait) ideologically reinforcing an image of quality and innovation propped up by figureheads (Rebecca Sugar) to an extent never before seen, but objectively the decade has seen the least variety in styles, the most reboots and remakes, and the foresaking of traditional writing styles in the name of hollow "subversion."

You sound like an actual autistic child

Attached: 1551199119111.png (540x304, 103K)

Elaborate what you mean specifically. What cartoons are you referring to and why does extreme mean good?

There were great cartoons before my parents were even born and there are (some) decent cartoons today. The truth is 88-05 was by far the best animation in the united states has ever been since the widespread adoption of television, and the only reason people praise 10-14 so much is that 06-09 was just THAT much of a fall from grace.

Fairly accurate.

>The early 2010s was the most extreme kids cartoons ever
Not really, the 90s had way more extreme shit being marketed towards kids. While a lot of it was still bland 80s-style carryovers stuff like Ren and Stimpy was extremely out there.

this show has zero soul, every episode was formulatic and tropey

The 10’s has a severe rough start as CN real bad come into that year and although it did die new Live action shows were still produced
And not only that but CN relies heavily on Canadian cartoons which usually are never good to begin with
Nick relied on Spongebob and wasn’t doing anything worth of note and Disney didn’t do anything cool either
It wasn’t until later on when Adventure Time, regular show, and DC nation came around did we enter a period of good cartoons that everyone enjoyed
Then streaming services proved to be the new thing and shows thought not profitable got their own shows with decent budgets and unique art styles
I’d say we’re living in a good time for cartoons

Wrong. The "good shows" came in 2010 to moderate reception (everyone liked them better than canadian or live action shit, but they still looked cheap), those shows went on to bomb in quality between seasons and were never properly followed up.

Except I’m not
We’re still getting good shows replacing the old. Stop looking solely at CN for quality when the horizon has risen

Not really. There are a few fine shows out at any given moment, but the time is nothing compared to 88-05. I'll say it again, just because we're better off now that 09 doesn't mean we didn't take a huge nosedive from ten years before the dawn of the decade.

>The 90s had way more extreme shit being marketed towards kids
Definitely paved the way, but something like, say, Regular Show, was more extreme then even R&S. I do think the 90s were better then this decade but that early stuff before everything became safe had some balls

This thread is giving me a fucking aneurysm. I swear each day Yea Forums gets 1% more autistic

Attached: 1550376016996.jpg (841x898, 188K)

Attached: BC2FEEA3-998A-4AC5-BD02-12EB98CC8A33.png (1080x1165, 350K)

Cartoon Network was still showing reruns of cartoons in July 2009. Do you live under a rock?

Attached: maya.png (872x522, 143K)

>regular show was more extreme than R&S

Have you watched either? You're dead wrong.

Attached: IMG_2190.gif (320x240, 1.32M)

people are trashing SU now, so not really.

Everyone says this and it's never true. Total cope from the slop eaters that like what's being fed to them now.

>but something like, say, Regular Show, was more extreme then even R&S.
Regular show sometimes got as weird as R+S got, but that show was on a whole other level of extreme.
youtube.com/watch?v=0bme0JpXQUg
youtube.com/watch?v=KqE14og1cQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=S-Yids3W86M

It's not just R&S either. No show now or in early 2010 was like Courage, or Cow and Chicken or like Batman Beyond or like Samurai Jack. You could make an argument for Korra but that was a sequel and a shit one at that.

Ah, yes. Who can forget MadTV, Fried Dynamite and Out of Jimmy's Head?

My point. SU is currently airing and people don't like currently airing things. Once it's been off the air for ten years or so it'll be part of the ever shifting golden age of culture

Everyone replies with this and they never prove me wrong.

The 80's. Glorified toy commercials that all but ruined the image of cartoons for decades. The only people who will defend this decade are manchildren.

Out of all the thing to do a bait thread why did you pick fucking fish hooks ?

Because what you say has so little basis in fact nobody wants to bother.

1. I can watch stuff from before I was born, while I was alive and missed as a kid and stuff i've seen as a kid and create a fair opinion. Not everyone is blinded by nostalgia. I loved Catdog when I was little and now I know it's pretty shit. I hated Hey Arnold because it was "boring" and now I know it's great. I never watched Gargoyles but I can get behind it right away. I liked Over The Garden Wall. It isn't the time period, it's the work. Stop psychoanalyzing me and take my opinions at face fucking value.

2. What was shit then is still shit. You are assuming the people you are talking to are the same people and that is false. I still think Flapjack for example and Chowder especially are pretty shit, but as zoomers grow up you'll see faggots who refuse to try it again or think objectively praising them as amazing. Kids in the future will talk about how TTG was good, that doesn't magically make it good.

tldr; don't confuse shifting demographics with genuine critical reapprasial, and don't write off critics of current media like they are physically incapable of being objective. Actually listen and argue their points instead of deflecting like a fanboy.

The 80's are better than the 70's or 60's.

Probably the 60s and 70s when mills like Filmation were pumping out garbage like you couldn't imagine.
Then you got Hanna-Barbera going full UPA and just pushing bland and ugly garbage where shitty sitcoms like Flintstones and Jetsons are hailed as the best of their era
>randumb
you don't know what that means

There is literally nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with toy commercials. The entire Transformer's franchise are toy commercials and it has some of the most undeniably premium Yea Forums content there is.
Thundercats was a toy commercial. Hell you think TMNT or Voltron weren't funded by their toy deals?

Attached: 5bc.png (625x626, 35K)

>critics
People on Yea Forums aren't critics, nor are youtubers. Actual critics like modern cartoons.

Anybody can be a critic you gatekeeping faggot.

>trusting """""critics""""" who are monetarily reliant on their opinions

Most people who watch cartoons are laymen, not "professional" critics.

I'll take the layman's opinion as more valuable.

That's not how it works. By your logic literally everyone with an opinion is a critic

Ah, but normalfags also like current cartoons, particularly "adult" cartoons like Rick and Morty. The only people with a problem are autistic nerds who hate change because they have autism

Everyone with an opinion IS a critic. It's up to you what you value in a critic. Luckily for you your opinion falls in line with what is monetarily convenient for a modern critic to "believe".

Avoiding dissenting opinions and refusing to argue is as good as a concession.

Normalfags have a wide array of opinions. For every "dude family guy lmao" you have a "what happened to disney/cartoon cartoons?". Everyone is valuable in so far as their ability to articulate their opinion and discuss with others.

Everything else you've said is strawmanning people who disagree with you. Basically admitting defeat.

>Luckily for you your opinion falls in line with what is monetarily convenient for a modern critic to "believe".
Nice assumption

>SU is currently airing and people don't like currently airing things
That's a lie, where are the people trashing Castlevania user? Or Lastman? Why does Yea Forums shill Wakfu despite it's terrible rigging in pretty much all non-action scenes? What about Tron Uprising, or Motorcity? Maybe, just maybe, the reason Yea Forums praised these shows AS THEY WERE AIRING, is because they liked them.
Maybe whether you agree with Yea Forums's take on modern cartoons or not, maybe they're legitimately held opinions and your reductionist bullshit is unproductive.
Maybe the reason you think "people only like cartoons years later" is because you're some retard who saw 5 negative post about 2003 Teen Titans amid a sea of praise and said "haha now I have evidence TTG isn't garbage." because your IQ is below freezing temperature.
Maybe you should substantiate your argument with more than smug passive aggressive condescension benefiting a tumblr post filled with clapping emojis
>actual critics
Where exactly do you get your critic certification, at what critique school? Or are you literally making shit up because you have no actual response that relates to the quality of whatever media he's talking about?

Kill yourself. Adventure Time was great (the ending was ehhhhh)

Yup. One based in reality, just as reasonable as to assume they are more qualified to determine good and bad cartoons than anyone else, as you seem to imply.

Adventure time went downhill WAY before the ending.

>admitting defeat.
If you come into an argument with the attitude that you're going to try and "win" it than you weren't worth talking to to begin with

>physically incapable of addressing the core point of any post

I accept you concession.

>Yup. One based in reality
It's amazing how confident you are in your wrongness

Good for you

Not him but the last 5 seasons were abject garbage. If it ended at Dad's Dungeon it would have been one of the greatest cartoons of all time, but it didn't, there's 1 episode, and 7 more seasons after that. And 1 of those season's has fucking Gumbaldia and tells us Jake is an alien. Another one of those seasons spends most of it's runtime downplaying Finn's connection to his ACTUAL family who ACTUALLY raised him because they wanted to have some shitty drama about a robot lady on some stupid fucking island somehow no one new about in a world full of powerful magic creatures and clever people who could have gotten past that guardian in fucking minutes and probably destroyed it too. And in that very same special destroys a great character and transforms her into a walking plot device just so she can go lezz out with some literally who in fucking nowheresville. Fuck you

This entire post lacks anything meaningful.

and most importantly fuck Rebecca Sugar

Attached: sugar on finn.png (1013x630, 498K)

If someone made this into one of those dumbass Youtube essays Yea Forums would eat it up.

>avoids this:
Top kek. You really didn't have anything substantive to say at all. You just wanted to "own the nostalgiatards critics say i'm right"

Fuck outta here.

Attached: sugar on finn 2.png (1191x142, 18K)

>5 seasons were abject garbage
>Because I said so
That's retarded fella and you know it.

He came up with reasons and you didn't.

I agree but I think objectively the 70's might have the 10's beat.
Lot of people now probably look fondly at that 70's H-B lineup but I really wonder what it was like living with it just as it was coming out, it was all way way too samey and dominated like 90% of cartoon TV landscape.

But yeah personally the 10's sure give the 70's a run for their money with an overwhelming feeling of failure despite some great stuff coming out.

I didn't reply because I really didn't have enough to say about it. If you want a response I'll give you one

Lastman, Castelvania, and Wakfu all use the anime style, which is one that has existed in its current form since the 80s. The shows might be new but stylistically they're way more familiar than most modern cartoons.

Same applies to Uncle Grandpa, Wander over Yonder, and the Mickey Mouse shorts

The 10s at least had a plethora of hidden gems and even shows that went bad still had good seasons. The 70s were like a black hole for animation where the best shows were mediocre and the worst shows were hot dogshit.

Yes, and?

That's why I didn't reply to begin with. There is no and

And people shitting on the 80's confuses me. I didn't even live through that decade, well born in 88 but wasn't really sentient until the mid 90's so whatever, but I could definitely see a lot of the appeal of the "toy commercial" lineup of that era and not matter what at least it looked pretty which is the main objective of cartoons imo.

Alright. So if you don't have an answer, maybe take it a bit to heart. Maybe people are being genuine. Call them wrong and a shit eater, but don't assume that they don't actually like what they like or hate what they hate for their own reasons. Maybe next time you see someone shit on SU, they actually just dislike SU.

The 80's were the king of brainless fun. If you need substance to enjoy something, you're not gonna get it (outside of the craft of it, because the Japs really are something else when it comes to effects, backgrounds and occasional spurts of sakuga)

My argument with 80s cartoons is that anime does them better

Christ. How vindictive can you be towards a fictional 13 year old?

>they're similar to things Yea Forums likes that's why they like them
So do you realize you're suggesting this has more to do with Yea Forums's taste in cartoons and not your baseless nostalgia theory?
Also you'd have to be fucking retarded to think anime has looked the same since the 80s. Even then Wakfu is pretty different, obviously inspired, but still different than what's standard visual style for an anime. Not to mention this doesn't have anything to do with their storytelling style, the remarkably grabbing narrative of Lastman being it's most prominent aspect, the action in the show is decent but clearly not the draw there.
And if you seriously think UG, WoY and Mickey Mouse (2013) are more similar to older cartoons you're not only retarded, but I think you're retarded and haven't watched them.
Does anyone even like UG though?

You are 100% not wrong.

I think it's underrated but I feel the same way about OK KO so maybe I have looser standards on wackyshit than most.

I never called anyone a shit eater

That aside, I think we actually agree in our general philosophies, I'm just wording shit in a way that makes it look like we don't

It's both. Your tastes are defined by what you consume growing up, so you're going to want more of what you grew up with. There's nothing wrong with that, but at the same time there's nothing wrong with current cartoons.

The 10's and 70's are actually horribly similar in a way when I think about it. They can't be totally similar because you have more than one style dominating the landscape but just looking at most of the recent home-made CN or Nick lineup the styles are too samey and cheap just like the 70's H-B style was and that's the dominant style for TV cartoons. I got tired of the CGI style of Pixar/Dream movies a long time ago too.

Thank fuck we have some things like the DC animated movies these days, those truly saved the decade. When it comes to those DC movies even the worst ones like JL War are more watchable than any TV stuff these days for me.

>Thank fuck we have some things like the DC animated movies these days, those truly saved the decade. When it comes to those DC movies even the worst ones like JL War are more watchable than any TV stuff these days for me.

Attached: 1546294081792.gif (800x430, 564K)

Explain to me a single positive aspect of the 2 episodes serving as the season 5 premiere? Were they funny, like, at all? Was the story anything but a generic mess relying on ridiculous timeline rules, just to result in it absolutely not mattering at all? Like there were a few decent episodes in season 5, but most of them were mediocre, and some of them were fucking Lemonhope.

Season 6 again, you could point to a new select good episodes but most of them weren't nearly on the level of what was standard in season 1, 2 or 3, or even 4 for that matter. Along with dragging out the narrative surrounding the comet and orgalorg, with pseudo existentialism sprinkled throughout. It's thoroughly pretentious.

Season 7 is the one that started PB's self exile, something so boring and contrived, the details of it are so completely irrelevant that they ignore it for half the episodes they bother to mention it at all, making for some of the worst episodes of the series like Varmints, Neddy, and Yellow Line. The Stakes miniseries being probably the worst of the 3, featuring the most generic villains we've seen in the show, just plain, boring and forgettable vampires in a show that had spent most of it's prior seasons reveling in the most inane and creatively stupid evil creatures. Even the Orgalorg was a more creative enemy. When the vampire king isn't spouting generic "smart" lines, the jokes are falling flat. Marceline's excuse for a character arc here completely fails because we have 6 previous seasons of her absolutely not giving a single fuck about being a vampire, so there's no reason to fucking care if she stops and definitely no reason when she just decides to stay one in the end despite it still being completely possible to go back if they didn't fuck up and let the vampires out this time. The only reason she didn't is because of the status quo (not that I'm complaining)

Also just how much worse the animation got is incredibly noticeable

Attached: stiff uprising.webm (480x270, 761K)

Is that positive or a negative response.

Negative.

why?

They're all super boring and have bland art and stiff animation

>There is literally nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with toy commercials. The entire Transformer's franchise are toy commercials and it has some of the most undeniably premium Yea Forums content there is.
>Thundercats was a toy commercial. Hell you think TMNT or Voltron weren't funded by their toy deals?

I agree with you about the 60's, but you're wrong about every single toy commercial, except maybe Voltron. Neon Genesis Evangelion is kino, but that hardly counts.

If you think the 2010s are the worst decade for cartoons you don't know much about cartoons. wasn't actually that far off. The 2010s only looks bad because the late 80s-mid 2000s were so unusually good.

In their default state, cartoons are little more than the television equivalent of comic strips

I don't get it. Far from bland or stiff for me.

Tie between the 70's and 80's. The 10's had a lot of disappointing stuff, but there's good stuff to be found.

This. The 2010s weren't as good as the 90s or 2000s, but if you think a rough patch is paramount to the werst dekade evar you're probably underage

Season 8 is mostly setup for island with some Fern/Sword stuff mixed in after that convoluted Prismo episode, the point of which I still do not understand why they felt it was so important to bring him back into the show. The entire plot of Islands relies on Marceline, who by the stupid Simon backstory, has been traveling around the world for 1000 years, not knowing about not only the humans behind the guardian, but outside of it playing some boring second life game they decide to go back to, because the show decided to pretend humans weren't a big deal after all so this anticlimactic introduction to something the show had previously been operating under the assumption, were basically extinct. Backstory that completely transforms what was previously a good character into someone else entirely (Ice King/Simon in super fast forward) for no good fucking reason. Some dumb explanation for why it wasn't Martin's fault he abandoned Finn because they wanted to redeem the character for no real reason. Introducing an island full of humans for no real reason. Giving Finn a human mom, because they were out of episode ideas so they thought the more they explain about the show means they're not shit writers. Somehow the human island stays hidden away in a world full of strange, powerful, and evil people who'd just love to take and destroy whatever's behind it, and considering Finn, Jake, and Susan got both in and out (Martin only really got out), clearly wasn't a competent guardian, but sure, this island has been hidden, it's not like this was something they'd come up with after several seasons, totally was always meant to be like that.

Season 9 and 10 don't have a single good episode, besides turning Jake into an alien and saying he isn't Margaret's son, then giving Jake a deadbeat dad because wow we totally haven't done that before with his brother, spending several fucking episodes building that up to have it just fucking go away in one remarkably boring episode.

Attached: PB 1.png (229x407, 112K)

70’s, at least the 80’s and 10’s had good movie animation. 70’s had literally nothing.

I wouldn't say nothing. Something about it was clearly endearing enough to click with a lot of people and make it popular originally and even make some stuff like Wacky Races and Space Ghost popular in a retro way.

60's Hanna Barbera, just a bunch of Scooby Doo clones all with the same arstyle, arguably worse than bean-face.

This. At least beanface has SOME variation. 60s/70s cartoons literally looked like they were all made by the same studio

Still, the 80s had a lot of good indie shorts and movies, and the 2010s has lots of good shows if you look hard enough. The 70s doesn't really have anything they don't

And all these fucking seasons, the biggest problem with all of them, besides the failed attempts at humor, the poorly crafted drama, the less creative character animation, the stupid story concepts, the retcons, the contrived plot lines, and shoehorned in backstories

Is how fucking thoroughly pretty much every fucking character and character dynamic in the show is destroyed through their progression. And it's not like they just have each other start stabbing each other. It how they persistently and regularly interact in less personal, more awkward, and stilted ways, how they talk, and how they talk to each other, or about each other. I can't think of anything more damning of the way these characters are portrayed than in the send off in Islands with PB and Finn compared to Mortal Folly. In no two scenes is the difference so starkly visible just how much heart had been systemically drained from the characters.
But there's something that can only really be felt by watching Finn interact with those around him in seasons 1 and 2 vs 9 and 10. It's almost depressing.
People will use romance or shipping as a scapegoat for why people feel this way but watch characters who were never even considerable romantic options for each other talk and behave in the early seasons vs the later ones. It's not similar.

I know it's a meme at this point but it's in every way a show that lost its soul.

apparently very
>Because I said so
So what, maybe I said so for a reason

Attached: normal dialogue.webm (720x405, 1.69M)

Late 2000s you Zoomers

Eh. There was some good shows here and there like chowder and flapjack. I agree it was way worse than the 2010s though

>It's both. Your tastes are defined by what you consume growing up, so you're going to want more of what you grew up with.
What an easy way to dismiss opinions you don't agree with, with absolutely zero of the effort while maintaining an air of superiority on the internet. I don't have to actual talk about the quality of the media or the trends within any current or past era, no one ever expands or even refines their taste into adulthood. In fact I still watch Blue's Clues daily

You're being overly literal. Of course your tastes change over time, but what you consume as a child sets the general trajectory those tastes will take.

This I guess. It was a steep fucking valley between the greatness of shows like Samurai Jack, Teen Titans, JLU etc. and early 10's shows like Young Justice. It was a time when CN was seriously trying to rebrand as a reality TV station and shit. Chowder and Flapjack were disappointments to me. Real dire shit.

Both of those shows would be seen as one season bombs if they premiered today.

Just because the late 00's was worse doesn't make now good. Second worst era in 35 years.

That's why even as children we have different taste. Because our taste as kids is based on what we consume as kids before we consumed it. That's why even literal infants will enjoy some things but not others. That explains everything. And even more importantly it's good to know that the affect the entirely different media we all consumed as kids all lead everyone who doesn't like modern cartoons to not like them. This is a great working theory that disproves criticisms of modern cartoons.

>taste is all nurture and not nature
>criticism can't be objective
Oh fuck off. Stop with this cope.

Yes

Attached: Screenshot (2300).png (766x336, 62K)

Stop deliberately misconstruing my arguments please.

Of course there's an element of genetics in there, but what you grow up with still has a tremendous impact on your tastes into adulthood

Sure, but it isn't a be all end all and should not be used as an excuse to dismiss opinions.

fpbp

>Sure, but it isn't a be all end all and should not be used as an excuse to dismiss opinions.
Of course it isn't, and I'm not using it as one

I think I see what's going on here. You're so used to seeing people being shitheads on Yea Forums that you assumed I was one too.

I'm not dismissing any opinions, I'm just reminding people that their opinions are their opinions and nothing more

Attached: IMG_2195.jpg (750x135, 28K)

I actually think TTG is alright. It's made me laugh quite a few times. Maybe that's because I don't take anything about the show seriously like the '03 TT fanboys do.

>but objectively the decade has seen the least variety in styles, the most reboots and remakes, and the foresaking of traditional writing styles in the name of hollow "subversion."
I feel most people in these threads weren't even alive in the 90s

Attached: Yo Yogi.jpg (625x478, 255K)

It's not deserving of "The Johnny Test of the 00's" but it's still loud and obnoxious and tweened. The 2003 show connection is just insult to injury.

All that bob the builder people were watching sure made them love game of thrones. I mean everyone watches stuff similar to when they were kids. That's why Breaking Bad was a hit with people who grew up watching the Jetsons.

You are really moving the goalpost on this nostalgia argument arentcha bud

Attached: 1556770658308.jpg (328x321, 48K)

Most of the people in these threads barely experienced the 2000s

Not a lot of shows looked like that. That's a reinterpretation of 60's and 70's styles.

You are just mentioning one show. In the 2000-2010 we got regular show, flapjack, billy and mandy, KND, all those shows were on pair woth the amount of weirdness that R&S had

And that's not even touching the 90's. With Klasky Csupo and Ren and Stimpy + Clones

>Comparing a period of ten years with another of more than twenty
That's stupid, user.

I already said stop misconstruing my arguments. I can't tell if you're doing this to be difficult or are actually autistic and are incapable of understanding other human beings.

My point is that things impact you more as a child. This doesn't just mean really early childhood, it extends all the way up to your late teens and in some cases your early 20s. When you see a good show when you're 11 it'll stick with you for the rest of your life

But all the shows were "old show: KIDS" reboots for awhile

Attached: 827e0f9451ef17245bb432e7a6a664a0--s-kids-hanna-barbera.jpg (236x306, 24K)

It's applicable because they are contiguous eras of animation without a big shift. Really the only major change in the industry was a shift to digital so if you really want you can go 88-01 and 02-05.

What's stupid is you can take any ten years in that lineup and the same statements apply.

Yes, and?

is it possible Yea Forums knows fucking nothing about animation or its history and probably shouldn't be talking about it?

And what?

The "muppet babies" fad died in a few short years when nothing really hit the same lighting twice, and was not the only fad at the time. That was also much more of an 80's thing.

i think it was kind of a minor trend. honestly i think we had more rip off of ninja turtles than that

Tiny Toons you niggers

Exactly. And what? Kids are effected by what they watch. How is this valuable when talking about the state of modern cartoons? You don't want your arguments misconstrued, so make your arguments.

Tiny Toons/A Pup Named/Animaniacs/Freakazoid is objectively not the same thing and along with Mighty Mouse Adventures helped kick off a revival of wacky toons.

And this

Attached: firefox_2019-05-04_21-53-12.png (698x550, 808K)

I made my argument already. See

See

>I already said stop misconstruing my arguments.
I'm not, you're just not making a good one, you're pulling this all out of your ass even though it conflicts with observable reality, because you really, really don't want to actual talk about the media itself.
>When you see a good show when you're 11 it'll stick with you for the rest of your life
Yeah everyone remembers what they watched when they were 11 2 decades later. We all talk about them all the time without having to be reminded like all the other media we consume. The popular media among 20-30 year olds definitely have a correlation to popular kids media 10-20 years ago, as they would if your theory held even the slightest bit of weight.

Attached: 1555130175942.png (254x243, 12K)

>It isn't the time period, it's the work
Yes
>What was shit then is still shit
Yes

>I still think Flapjack for example and Chowder especially are pretty shit, but as zoomers grow up you'll see faggots who refuse to try it again or think objectively praising them as amazing.

No.
Something similar hapened to me, I hated Chowder when I was younger but now that I've watched again I loved it. I really liked flapjack when I was a kid but now I loved it even more. I don't like those shows because muh nostalgia, and the meaning of "shit show" is pretty subjective, I used to hate catdog, but that doesn't make the cartoon objectively bad.

Attached: 48373014_745254232516717_3881025855614353408_n.png (960x922, 238K)

Pure autism. No one's going to read all that garbage.

And that's fine, i'll take you at your word and if this was a chowder/flapjack thread i'd argue in good faith.

And? I was in a bad mood at the time for reasons I don't want to get into so I phrased it really poorly, but point still stands. Modern cartoons are not as universally hated as Yea Forums would like to think they are

>their opinions are their opinions
nice circular logic, what a great contribution to the discussion. You've completely destroyed any argument on art or media in this concise and poignant statement. I can't believe you aren't already rich with an IQ this high.

Attached: f868f3e6-154f-4e89-b8e0-665eca269c24.jpg (480x551, 36K)

I accept your concession.

Your pic is quite literally the exact opposite of my argument

It's not a concession, it's a clarification

>Modern cartoons are not as universally hated as Yea Forums would like to think they are
WOW SO A GROUP OF PEOPLE THE SAME AGE WHO GREW UP WATCHING THE SAME MEDIA FORMED MOSTLY DIFFERENT AND POSITIVE OPINIONS OF MODERN CARTOONS?
Someone should note this down, it's almost like what they grew up watching has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion, and is only used as a scapegoat by meandering retards who want to insert themselves into the discussion without offering anything of value.

It has everything to do with the discussion. If enough people like the 2010s you can't really consider them the worst

Over the Garden Wall is the saving grace of this decade.

So many promising shows fell apart by the ending (Gravity Falls, Samurai Jack S5, etc.). The Legend of Korra was total shit, and the creators continue to piss all over the series with a fecal waterslide of tie-in comics. Adventure Time died a long, embarrassing death until it went out with a wet fart. Suddenly Apu is racist, and we crossed the point where The Simpsons has officially been bad longer than it was good. Stephen Universe has set a new bar for quality control. Cartoon Network became the Teen Titans Go channel. Stephen Hillenburg died.

The 70's were worse, but things are looking pretty fucking bleak for this decade.

Attached: ralph.jpg (400x352, 36K)

He said "because I said so" so I explained why I said nuAT was shit. Because it's shit

Your clarification is admitting you were wrong. I acknowledge that. Now accept the fact that not everyone is going to agree with you here and if you want to discuss your opinion you have to approach it like an adult and not like "you were in a bad mood".

>if enough people like it
that's not how anything works. You can found a swell of people to like even the most mediocre of what is produced from n-sync to justin beiber, to fortnite and CoD 17, some people liking something doesn't mean it isn't garbage. Good for them, they can enjoy something other people can't. It doesn't make criticisms of it invalid.

And more importantly, that still has fuck all to do with what they watched growing up or nostalgia, as demonstrated by your own contradictory example

OTGW was overrated imo. Too episodic, weak ending.

Oh, actually add Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse to the saving grace category.

I liked Fish Hooks. It was ayt

Really wonder if the 20s will be any better. I guess the early 20s will be similar to the past couple years but man, SOME kind of renaissance of stuff I used to like has to happen and a lot of typical shit happening right now has to be buried at least for a while right?

Wander over Yonder was great desu

Attached: 1457263969089.png (1920x1587, 3.33M)

Which one is it? Is everyone a critic and is everyone's opinion valid, or is the general public wrong?

You can't have it both ways

I do believe is the current one. But I have faith on the return of good action shows

>implying
A rough patch isn't a fucking dark age. Most 2010s shows were slightly subpar at the absolute worst

I hate this mentality that quality = action that's sprung up recently, mostly because it means fully animated comedies and dramas a-la the 90s won't return for a long time

>Over the Garden Wall is the saving grace of this decade.
Yea Forums doesn't watch cartoons
>died a long, embarrassing death until it went out with a wet fart
Like Dexter, PPG and JB. Nothing new.

Attached: Thor vs Graviton.webm (480x267, 2.86M)

The issue with judging the decade you're currently is that you're stuck to what's on now. Tons of popular 90s and 2000s cartoons jumped the shark and had awful endings, but as a modern viewer looking back you can just rewatch the good episodes stopping when it goes bad, and won't get disappointed since you already know how it ends

Why do they draw the eyes so small and ugly?

Everyone who critiques is a critic, it doesn't mean anything more.
Everyone's opinion being valid does not contradict the general public being wrong, nor does that even slightly relate to what I just said.
Valid Opinion =/= Above dispute
We discuss media, we discuss it's strengths, its flaws, its methods, its tones, its narratives, its messages. This is how we change and shape opinions through discussion and debate, through analysis and examination.
Not through empty phrases meant to dismiss perspectives

But none of that's the point
Defend your argument that Yea Forums's negative opinion on modern cartoons is based on what they liked growing up when most people who grew up watching the same thing do not share the opinion (according to you), because by your own statement the trend is non-existant, the correlation isn't there.
or will you just admit you're wrong about the nostalgia argument and talk about why you like modern cartoons or not.

05-09 aside, right now is the worst cartoons have been in more than 20 years.

>properly capitalizing and punctuating ‘Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse,’ with the colon and all the hyphens included

Attached: 314E07F1-CE11-41B8-91B6-22E820E18933.jpg (500x500, 43K)

>good action shows
you just aren;t watching them. And there's more to life than action shows

Older cartoons were episodic and can be split up easily. Modern toons are loreshit so you have to decide between good and unfinished or shit and finished.

>SU and AT
>action shows

Adventure time can be split up easily

I don't get it. Is it subjective or objective? You're using language in a way that makes no sense

Also, while I don't dislike modern cartoons anywhere near as much as the majority of Yea Forums, I still vastly prefer older ones

SU, Tangled and Hilda are my favorites from this period. What're yours Yea Forums?

>You're using language in a way that makes no sense
No, you just have profoundly poor comprehension skills.
And avoiding the question. How is it Yea Forums's dislike of modern cartoons is based on the media they consumed in their youth but isn't apparently a popular for people the same age who consumed the same media?
Explain how this fits into your nostalgis theory user.

You have bad taste but
Generator Rex
OK KO
Early AT
Justice League Action
Mickey Mouse

The 10s are the best decade. I've never been this invested in American cartoons. I loved X-Men and Gargoyles, but I call out during the 00s, watching anime instead. I was excited to watch AT, RS, GF, and SU all the way through the ups and downs. Sure there was disappointment, but it was the experience that made it worth it.

Ypu're dumb

>Transformers Prime
>Avengers EMH
>Generator Rex
>Ben 10 Omniverse
>early Gumball
>Scooby Doo mystery inc
>Looney Tunes Show
And Teen Titans GO as a guilty pleasure

>Ypu're dumb
>Ypu're

Adventure Time, Archer, Looney Tunes Show, Bojack Horseman, and Rick and Morty. Summer Camp Island is pretty comfy so far too.

I've never watched Gravity Falls, is it worth it?

You could do a lot worse. It's pleasant to look at, at least.

Wander Over Yonder
OK KO
The first season of Steven Universe
Mighty Magiswords
The first three seasons of Adventure Time

Oh shit I forgot looney tunes show

What eras here were the peak of animation?

Attached: 1554425635207.png (1400x1039, 3.15M)

Dumb chart stop posting it

this

Well

Attached: The 2010s.jpg (5500x4520, 3.63M)

This, some ridiculous sperging

I remember that thread. It was fun

Attached: 1538265405837 - copia.jpg (965x931, 124K)

i've liked a lot of the animated movies this decade. but cartoons on tv are definitely underwhelming. kind of a weird situation

C'mon. Not the 1970's?

youtube.com/watch?v=51MzgTRmTOU

70s is responsibles for the worst shit ever, go check out random shows from that decade (which isn't easy, because most stuff from that decade is just gone) and tell me it ain't so. If you don't feel like checking out random stuff, then just look up an episode of Fraidy Cat.

Besides that I would say 00s. Theres good shit in there but if you take all the shitty instantly-forgotten flash shows from that decade into account the picture is much bleaker overall.

OBJECTIVE RANKINGS:

Early 00s > Early 90s > Early ‘10s > Late 90’s == Late 00s > 80’s > Late ‘10s > 70’s

People forget how high quality the 10’s started out. Batman Brave and the Bold, Sym-Bionic Titan, Steven Universe S1, classic Adventure Time, Gravity Falls S1 and S2A, Regular Show. Late 00s get too much shit in general, and late 90’s is the most overrated era by far; most of the “late 90’s television” people remember was really early 00s animation, aka godlike.

the 10s are undeniably worse
while the 70s were just shit (but even then, only in the west), the 10s are shit coated with glitter and an undercurrent of political manipulation
something that's simply bad is still preferable to something that's bad for your brain