Are these two retarded, or just autistic? Their father doesn't seem to fall into either category

Are these two retarded, or just autistic? Their father doesn't seem to fall into either category...

The Dragon Prince Thread

Attached: DnHqZTIXcAAazlY.jpg (1920x1080, 149K)

He is retarded she is Autistic. Also the magic system is bullshit and needs more explaining. Elves seem like assholes

In my opinion the biggest assholes are the dragons. It feels that the elves are merely their henchmen, or they believe in dragons as their supreme leaders, which may have resulted in them being placed higher in the hierarchy than humans, who apparently were in conditions that are slightly better than slaves and dared to challenge the dragon authority, because why else would the moonshadow elves take orders from the Dragon Queen and not from the moonshadow elf king or queen? Maybe because there isn't one to begin with? Or there was, but the elves yielded all political power to the dragons for some reason? They still are assholes, though, but I would like to see the Xadian government explained in the next seasons, like who's ultimately pulling the strings, who used to, etc.

Stuipd SJW dumbsterfire of a show

How is it sjw?

The arguments are: Lesbian queens with a daughter for no real reason, mixed races living together "For no real reason" and a mute general for no real reason. Other then Diversity.
There are a lot of decisions that seem to have been made JUST for Diversity reasons. And I LIKE the show.

I learned not to give them attention they are so desperately seeking. Every single goddamn thread that SJW boogeyman is brought up, but never, never brought up are the actual facts of SJWism in this show. Their goal is to de-rail the conversation into bitching about tumblr purplehairs, so the thread dies out. Just don't argue with them. It's pointless.

Claudia has autism. Soren is a classic fool, right out of a Shakespeare play. Meaning that he has any number of detriments that can be linked to various mental conditions. He won't be this or that; just a grab bad of detriments that will make his character funny.

Why does there need to be a reason? What would a reason add to the show?

I loved that the sun dragon basically pulled an Andy Warski on the humans.
What an asshole.

Different degrees of autistic. Dark magic damaged the quality of Viren's sperm so his kids came out kinda touched in the head.

Worldbuilding. That part is fairly important to fantasy shows.

>>
>Lesbian queens with a daughter for no real reason
Lesbian queens need an heir so they had adopted a kid. Good reason.

>Mixed races living together "For no real reason"
Dude there are literally different races in the planet that pushed all the Humans to one side of the continent.

>Disabled Generals
Look at Timur the lame

I wanna know how Lesbians had a daughter. And how the line of succession would work. Historically there needs to be blood ties for else there are civil wars.

Not really there was a king who said let god decide the next king and chose a pesant as the next ruler

Dragons where the worst
>That dragon that hazed a village and then burnt it to the ground when they fired at it for invading their space
Fuck dragons

World-building is overrated and, even if it wasn't, that's not a good answer. It doesn't matter if the deaf general is deaf. She's a good general. Fear the person that's old in a job where people die young. It doesn't matter if people of different races aren't racist. They have a common enemy in the elves and a different history. Same goes for a lesbian queen. No one cares, because there are dragons about.Only you care.

"#WOKE" SJW pandering garbage

tumblrinas in denial

Blood ties aren't precisely necessary, just a clear line of succession prior to death.

>t.incel

Stop talking to yourself

>World-building is overrated
Fuck this. Worldbuilding adds dimension to a setting. Deaf general for example could've gotten that way as a result of battle with Thunder, implying that it is not an uncommon disability within their military and thus standardized sign language is widely known among troops. You could even explore it on a larger societal scale of how they integrate all these disabled veterans back into normal life. They could say dark magic became common place for medical reasons to heal disabilities like this, and those who distrust dark magic chose to stay deaf, creating a social divide. This could tie back with Claudia healing Soren and overall make dark magic seem less black and white like the writers seem to intend but are failing at.

Lesbian queens could have an atypical political/marriage & inheritance structure, which would actually be interesting to explore and help that human nation stand out and have a unique flavor, which so far all the human nations are in need of given the pisspoor showing at the Pentarchy.

But instead they choose the bland options of "it's just there because it is." That's no fun. I have no problem with what they chose to put in their show, and I'll even agree diversity is something that needs to be more common in media, but what's even the point of making up an imaginary setting if no one wants to use their imaginations? It's fucking fantasy dammit.

Attached: MarcilleUpsetElf.png (307x354, 122K)

It's a comfy warm thread. Now, get back where you belong: to /pol/.

Attached: ytn5kkftmsv21.jpg (4197x3498, 2.92M)

Attached: Fuck off.png (1064x1152, 464K)

stop using multiple devices.

Attached: 1392473258510.jpg (500x500, 37K)

And all of what you wrote is useless. It doesn't add anything to the actual story. It's just tidbits that'll make a wiki page more interesting.

>Nigga is so assblasted he needs to come up with another excuse
What a fag

Why does anyone bother posting this kind of proof, as if screencaps can't be edited?

Attached: This is proof, people!.png (1064x1152, 449K)

cuse you can make out that its edited

Pic of lesbian queens pls

Why do you even watch fantasy media?

>implying Amaya isn’t the best character on the show
Absolute Garbage tier taste

I don't watch fantasy media for world-building. That''s homework. I just watch fantasy for an escape. You know, the clue is kind of in the word fantasy.

She IS great, but being a mute general is not great. Needing an interpreter to convey orders is a huge weakness. What if the interpreter gets killed in battle and the rest of the troops don't know enough sign language to know your orders?
What if the interpreter mis-translates something due to stress at a critical moment?
Huge weakness. Know if EVERYBODY knew sign language, that would be fine, but if that were the case, why does she need an interpreter?

The more material you have to build on, the more you can use it to build on characters, hold it in reserve for potential episodes, work in foreshadowing, etc.
I have no idea how you can write that more details is useless with a straight face, especially when it wouldn't require much excess effort to portray it.

How they portray Zadia will determine whether or not I keep watching this show. The fact that both the elves and dragons are constantly portrayed as innocent dindus even though they treated humans like shit in their land and then genocided them when they fought back really gets on my nerves.

I mean the show isn’t over. It’s entirely possible they do address some of these things.

Personally I liked that no one even really remarked on the queens being lesbians. I knew it was going to trigger the fuck out of some of you guys though

World building IS important, but the diversity thing doesn't have to be at the center of the worldbuilding. Some things can be the way they are just because.
Personally, I hope we learn more about Xadia. It seems far more interesting than anything west of the border other than the Aaravos plotline.

I'm optimistic. I don't think they present the Xadians as being as dindu as you say. Runaan, for instance, gets punished really heavily by the narrative for killing Harrow and wanting to kill Ezran.

For when she has to talk to people outside of her squad? I mean she could also just write something down if she wasn’t in a rush.

Sure it’s a weakness, but it just makes her even more badass that she’s risen to the top despite it. Plus her shield is dope

World-building works on a need basis. If it isn't needed, scrap it. You want a tightly written story. Not a bloated story. If you're writing a character lead story, then the world is just a backdrop.
Besides, nobody asked these questions for avatar. Because it was a tightly written show. It's only now, now that Aaron can be as progressive as he wants to be, that people are complaining about not enough being strange.

>Elves seem like assholes
Aren't they always?

Attached: tumblr_pn2xw0vBBs1w85n2x_400.jpg (400x225, 28K)

not enough being explained*

>Lesbian queens with a daughter for no real reason, mixed races living together "For no real reason" and a mute general for no real reason. Other then Diversity.
>There are a lot of decisions that seem to have been made JUST for Diversity reasons

All of that is true, but I fail to see why that's an issue, as long of those things don't get in the way of the plot why is any of these things a problem? The most reasonable I see against that is that it doesn't fit the more or less medieval setting, but even that is a flawed explanation for people's dislike of their forcced diversity, their world don't mirror or own at all, it is not far fetched to think the reasons that lead to most types of prejudice during the medieval times didn't happen for them.

Avatar was a lot more centered on a nomadic cast, especially in the first season. You didn't need to know more than you were told, because until they got to the northern water tribe, it wasn't necessary for the show. Once they needed to explain things, they did.
Dragon Prince is only half nomadic, and is relying partially on political wrangling for major plot progressions. The more context you have, the more impact Viren's actions will likewise have.

It may be heavily inspired by Avatar, but they're not the same style of show.

If only there were some kind of in world setting details that addressed these frequently brought up questions...

White one looks like a tranny lol

they are flirty

Attached: how about.jpg (1280x3600, 909K)

>it is not far fetched to think the reasons that lead to most types of prejudice during the medieval times didn't happen for them.

So much this, In fact, the humans kingdoms were created when humans were exiled from Xadia not that long ago (I think, they didn't make that very clear) so the coexisting of diferent tribes in the new country of exiles is expected, people don't chose where to run away to.

>, their world don't mirror or own at all, it is not far fetched to think the reasons that lead to most types of prejudice during the medieval times didn't happen for them
It's almost like people innately desire explanations for things that don't meet their expectations

Maybe that was the secret; their king was mad and dressed like a lady.

1000 years prior to the show, IIRC.
So around the fall of rome to the early tudor era for context, which makes their tech level not far off if they started from scratch.

Aren't they related?

Only makes it hotter.

Timur had a leg injury that made him limp, he wasn't mute.

They had like a thousand years to homogenize though. Population displacement/demographic shifts happened constantly irl, and the end result (after people stopped killing each other) has always been relative homogeny. That's like the whole irony of diversity: the more accepting people become the less different they remain

We’ve seen Amaya operate several times. Clearly her entire squad speaks sign language

Style doesn't come into it. Your reasoning is a weak excuse. Why don't we know more about the lesbian queens? They're not important. Callum and Rayla are center-focus, not the intricate politics of a kingdom. You're basically arguing for not being able to see the plot bible, when we don't need to see the plot bible. We only need the background information as and when it is relevant. Complexity doesn't automatically equate to depth. Viren's actions have enough weight that people already care about him, so why does he need more context? Audience engagement isn't a quantifiable concept. But, how you use your limited time to tell a story is.

>It's almost like people innately desire explanations for things that don't meet their expectations

If people deasire more world building theere are so much more they should be asking for. Why the kingdoms were split the way they are? How the Elf society works? Do they live with dragons in their every day? Is dark magic as much as a taboo for humans as it is for elfs? What's with the whole Aaravos deal? The people demanding explanation on the races not killing each other instead of this are just trying to rationalize their own racism, pretending it bothers them because it is inconsistent to the show's setting and not because they hate niggers.

On the diversity thing, isn't that really justify when the entire human population was forcible moved causing migration displacement?

>Why the kingdoms were split the way they are?
Because they developed differing cultures the show could've highlighted when they brought up lesbian queens
>Is dark magic as much as a taboo for humans as it is for elfs?
Could've been brought up if they talked about how Katolis deals with dark magic treatments for the disabled, like Soren or potentially Amaya.

Every opportunity to add a little detail helps answer the bigger questions, and does it more organically than if they just gave us massive infodumps. To say you don't want those details basically says you don't want those questions answered.

It is. But, people watch a fantasy show for escapism and then complain when said fantasy show isn't enough like real life. That says more about how some people understand art, then it does about the art itself.

Most weren't as numerous as "all humanity at the same time"

>Why don't we know more about the lesbian queens? They're not important
That line of reasoning leads to seeing characters as disposable plot elements rather than characters.
> Callum and Rayla are center-focus, not the intricate politics of a kingdom.
This is flat out wrong. They're got the majority of focus, but Viren's plotline is clearly important too.
>We only need the background information as and when it is relevant.
Conservation of detail leads to predictable stories and plot twists that feel contrived should they occur. When a relevant detail is woven in alongside other aspects of the background, the plot can go wherever it wants without either showcasing the direction of having it come out of nowhere
> Viren's actions have enough weight that people already care about him, so why does he need more context?
Because the current reason Viren is interesting is because he's on a road to hell paved by good intentions, coupled with having his own temptations within reach. Without additional context to his actions he risks becoming a stale villain when the fall continues.

>You're basically arguing for not being able to see the plot bible, when we don't need to see the plot bible.
Stop conflating wanting to know more with wanting to know everything.
Currently I think the show is fine where it is, but if it continues in this vein it risks collapsing. The flashback scenes were a step in the right direction, at least.

I'm not who you responsed to, but cut this
>The people demanding explanation on the races not killing each other instead of this are just trying to rationalize their own racism, pretending it bothers them because it is inconsistent to the show's setting and not because they hate niggers.
strawman shit out. It's just going to make people give you less and less leeway with assuming honest intentions if you keep digging that hole.

Maybe thier kingdom is made up of most women and lesbian couples are common for them as a result?

All humanity has also never fit on half a single continent or been able to divide into five moderately populated nations

Why would Western Medieval Earth rules apply to this show?

That'd be interesting and unique, but we don't need that detail because stories should be empty stages where nothing happens that doesn't further the main plot

We're doing this are we? You're really holding on to the fact that I don't think info useful only for filling out a wiki is important? Fine.
>That line of reasoning leads to seeing characters as disposable plot elements rather than characters.
Yeah, minor characters are disposable. That's why they were disposed of. They existed to flesh out loli-queen's backstory and weren't needed past that point.
>This is flat out wrong. They're got the majority of focus, but Viren's plotline is clearly important too.
You not understand what center means? Besides that, this point undermines your argument and showcases your critical failings. You've mixed intricate politics and Viren. When my point was that we don't need to know why a kingdom has two queens. You've lost sight of the big picture and have deluded yourself into thinking that the background is as important as what's happening in the foreground.
>Conservation of detail leads to predictable stories and plot twists that feel contrived should they occur. When a relevant detail is woven in alongside other aspects of the background, the plot can go wherever it wants without either showcasing the direction of having it come out of nowhere
None of that is true. Dull and uninspired writing leads to predictable stories. Again, complexity is not depth.
>Because the current reason Viren is interesting is because he's on a road to hell paved by good intentions, coupled with having his own temptations within reach. Without additional context to his actions he risks becoming a stale villain when the fall continues.
This tells me that you don't know what you're talking about. More baggage creates a stale villain. The correct amount of info, which he's been given, is sufficient.
>Stop conflating wanting to know more with wanting to know everything.
Stop conflating not wanting a bloated story with a total disinterest in world-building.

All you’re doing is dancing around the topic, posting the same stale points and making irritating straw men. When you're ready to do more than repeat complexity isn’t depth, dismissing points out of hand without bothering to discuss them, making vague points about the “correct” amount of info while keeping a passive aggressive tone, feel free to continue.

Great thread everybody

How am I making strawman arguments? How am I dancing around my topic? How are my points stale? This comes off as you being lazy, and too frustrated to argue concisely, then it does that my points aren't worthy of addressing.
The fact of the matter is, we're seeing a trend in cartoons where shows are good for two or three seasons and then plummet in quality and it's because writers are trying to please an audience that doesn't know shit. Since, the troglodyte forum posters of yesteryear are now the writers of today and are pushing the same bad ideas and misconceptions that you are currently pushing. Most shows go to shit, the moment they become an exercise in providing as much info for fanfiction and wikis as possible. Instead of focusing on themes, character arcs and relationships.

>Most shows go to shit, the moment they become an exercise in providing as much info for fanfiction and wikis as possible. Instead of focusing on themes, character arcs and relationships.
These modern show you're talking about do exactly this and avoid world building or execute it with no consistency. I'm not even sure they do it to please fans; nobody's ever happy with the outcome and it contrasts whatever the fandom was actually asking for.

he was also missing 2 fingers.

Not with that attitude.

>a mute general for no real reason

Supposedly she would be the best at what she does which is why she got picked

Now choosing to ignore the best of X categories because they have a disability, gay, or female is up to you.

Attached: 1477696834785.jpg (228x239, 51K)

The implication is that muteness would prevent her from being the best, and desu being the Queen's sister makes it seem like nepotism was at play

Everything you just described, while interesting, is actually what the anti-diverse crowd bitches about. To do all of that takes time and eps from main characters people actually want to know about.

For example the deaf guard only appears in a few eps to receive orders and then fight with the elf. Where in that time would it have made sense to go into the social divide of deaf culture? Start dropping lines about it and people just bitch your shoving it into their face.

The writers have opted to just weave them into the background like everyday people which is what 80% of the pro diverse crowd wants. I don't fucking need an ep dedicated to why X is hetero. Same should hold for background gays.

Nepotism is always at play.

Do we know when she came into the job? How active her position is in terms of attacks? A lot I don't recall, but simply looking at this objectively doing defense and retrieve missions, she should easily be able to have her troops understand basic commands of follow me, run, and fuck that elf's shit up.

I hope they follow up on Soren being a poet, or at least have him realise that relying fully on his body might backfire

I hope Aaravos teaches him how to do the prose thing
Sparkleefl had thousands of years to hone his craft

>Where in that time would it have made sense to go into the social divide of deaf culture?
I suggested when in my post: when Claudia used dark magic to heal Soren. It can heal quadrapalegics at the cost of a single fawn yet deaf people are still around. An offhand remark about people abstaining from dark magic healing due to mistrust, or a scene with a nurse suggesting an unpopular but effective magical treatment would've helped to establish where dark magic stands among the common people and provide implied background/ideaology for a recurring secondary character, all in a maybe 1-2 minute long scene. Surely they could've cut out one or two awkward jokes to fit that in.

But not this one. Warrior poet Soren is a miracle of the universe.

I got the impression that Claudia was basically making shit up as she went along when she healed Soren.
It makes me assume that healing isn’t a very well known thing, and if it is it isn’t well spread.

Well even that they could've addressed in a 30 second snippet.
>You guys suck, where can I find the nearest dark magic healer?
>Mages on this side of the continent rare enough, finding a healer will be impossible
Point is world building doesn't need to be intrusive or take up main story time. Good worldbuilding does the opposite even

I quite agree about the word building. Just giving my interpretation of the scene.

>Exhume scholar/conqueror's tomb.
> "Whomsoever opens my tomb shall unleash an invader more terrible than I." in coffin.
>Nazi's immediate invade your country.
Magical cripples.

Attached: Laughing Nazi.gif (200x200, 1.32M)

This thread doesn't have enough cute pictures of Soren.

Given their reaction to a few humans learning dark magic was to boot out literally all of them, i’m inclined to say yeah, they’re massive cunts.
Especially since it’s heavily implied an elf came up with it anyway.

dudebros aren't cute

>not knowing poetbros are the cutest

Is there a reason for reg RL lesbian's to have kids?

TF am I reading?

It's just old shitposting.

What rock have you been living under?

Attached: Soren Pushups 4.png (1280x1280, 1.42M)

Attached: Credit36.png (1280x1280, 1.14M)

It just happens I'm not gay

Have the whole family

Attached: D0xYIVtX4AAGTux.png (675x900, 862K)

Much better.

Attached: 1551124444238.jpg (1080x1350, 250K)

When has incest ever been good for a species?

Attached: 1550686335147.jpg (250x250, 12K)

>Needing to be sexually attracted to something to find it cute.
That's on you.

I don't see how that's relevant

>expecting greatness out of fans of a typical Netflix SJW toon

>everything I don't like is SJW
I'm guessing based on your limited vocabulary, and your need deflect attention away from yourself by attacking others, you're a redditor?

How will they react to the half elf abominations Callum’s bringing back?

Claudia would find the baby too cute to hate. Soren wouldn't care. I think he has two things on his mind. Hunting dragons and pleasing his dad.

He did think Rayla wanted to bang him

Soren Chad striding into Xadia when?

He wasnt wrong

user how does that kingdom exist? Are there dark magic baby's?

They all fall into the 'evil white people' category.