What are some good stories about redemption?

What are some good stories about redemption?

Attached: 919ECD09-936E-4235-8247-9B80B7FAA6EE.png (750x1334, 596K)

Other urls found in this thread:

womenwriteaboutcomics.com/2019/05/the-violence-in-the-system-transmisogyny-in-uncanny-x-men-17/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What the fuck? Rahne isn't even transgender...

>rosenberg getting shit on
>but for a shitty reason
I don't know how to feel about this but... good?

She is transpecies. There is a difference.

Trannies are experts at making everything about them

>everything must be safe, soft, and non-confrontational

Why does so much noise get made in the media about trannies when they literally account for 0.4% of the population in the West?

>"inciting transgender-panic"

Journalists and their words. You would think someone got shot, not just stuff on some pages in a comic book.

She was also a devout Christian which makes killing her to promote transgenderism questionable. But what can you expect from a Rosenberg?

It's presented like a transsexual being found out and beaten, because the "mutant metaphor" being dated at best and and offensive at worst is a lesson Marvel refuses to learn.

>that one autistic fundie furry x-man died

Boo hoo, join the club.

Attached: mettle-comics-a9173254-a1a3-47e6-bf0a-b64059191ab-resize-750.jpg (750x674, 98K)

I'm in that club and this club, personally.

She'll be back by Christmas but your literally who will never show up in anything ever again

Them and also this ese for me.

Attached: 150836-11215-skin.jpg (400x379, 109K)

Mettle has been in 140 issues of comics dude, hardly a literal who.

Let's all just agree that it sucks when this happens:
>Character has been a regular in a long-running series but is not super popular or well-known to casuals
>Has a small but committed group of niche fans
>Some writer who hasn't written the character much comes in and kills them off for shock value or to make some poorly thought out political point
It especially sucks because if someone important died like Cyclops, you know he'll be back, but less well known characters may not be. If you write a run of a character for a hundred issues yourself, okay, you get to kill them, because you know them and like them so you'll do it in a respectful, well thought-out way.

They've hijacked other movements that actually went through the effort of gaining support for themselves

Remember when the X-Men were about family hijincks and sci-did plots, instead of a hamfisted metaphor about niggers and trannies? Because at this point, I’m beginning to doubt anybody does...

Attached: 7C179F4A-9B67-43AA-98B9-2D6279B47A06.png (476x530, 285K)

And a Yea Forums meme

It used to be so innocent, user.

Attached: greatresponsibility.us.jpg (1500x1156, 912K)

No user that was the Fantastic Four.

I just miss the days when they battled bootleg Xenonorphs and Space Birds, then had a BBQ while Scott and Jean cuddled in the corner. Now Jean’s getting niggered for brownie points, the plots are boring and rehashed, and it’s all just a massive waste of such a rich lore. I really don’t get how you get to write X-Men and what you wanna tackle is the “mutant metaphor”. It never worked, even when it was the pickle in the burger. Now there’s no burger; just a bunch of pickles with dressing.

The X-Men weren’t all that different. You had the Brood, the Shi’ar, The Technarcy, the Phoenix, then they started going into supernatural territory with demons, and so on and so forth. The best X-Men runs and books are when it’s purely about non-political shit. The F4 were the Star Trek to the X-Men’s Star Wars. But now the latter’s just modern day Star Trek, and the former’s just a shell of it’s former self.

I wish CBR didn't go to shit so fast the way that they did

Attached: Magneto17.jpg (1200x1880, 288K)

Why did Rosenberg choose to kill Rahne out of all the mutants anyway?

>Muh God Loves, Man Kills
That’s my point dipshit. It was the pickle in the burger. And that came out in the early 80s. You still had Vampires, Discount Xenos, “Chozo”, Ancient Aliens and so on and so forth. Now it’s like reading Vice’s self-inserts in tights.

The fact that he killed Rahne just to make transgender metaphor makes me mad. Next you have tumblr hacks drawing her as trans, GoT girl claiming that her werewolf transformation was trans allegory all along, only for her to be ressurected, revealed as trans and get a disgusting ongoing series

Attached: Wolfsbane-New-Mutants-Earliest-k.jpg (500x824, 120K)

A transgender metaphor sounds stupid and barely fits. If Rosenberg choose her for that reason then Marvel should kill their editors and stop making X Men books.

Movie coming out and she's the MC.

I wouldn't even mind falling back on the metaphor if they approached it from different angles like Morrison attempted. Show humanity going overboard in trying to cope with Mutants. Powerset favoritism, fetishization, Mutant appropriation, overzealous Mutant acitivist groups. Have some fun with your racism allegories!

But no, it's always the same bullshit, like the Marvel Universe is perpetually stuck in the South circa 1950.

What ? When did he die ?

>Call yourselves homo superior
>Die from getting attacked by Homo Sapiens

She should have killed the mob and than commit guilty suicide desu

Nah, the metaphor is shit because even when Morrison did it, it still came across as shitskins wanting to be white. You’re dealing with 99% white people who are genetically superior and the “masses” of “unevolved” apes hold them back. How the hell someone can look at it and see a metaphor for niggers and faggots is beyond me. Just let the whole thing die and go back to the Sci-Fi plots everyone likes.

Knightfall

Then why the fuck kill her? Wouldn't logic state you make her integral to the team rather than kill her?

You can't cause friction between Logan and Cyclops that way.

>someone killed this furry in a comic
>time to shit

Early 2000s. Shitty time to be a X-fan.

>logic
I see you haven't read comics in a while

Because Disney Sabotage

Fuck this is so gonna happen wont it

The Mueller Report.

Every time Magneto does shit like this I hate him more, he's the faggot inciting people to go and commit the same types of crimes he likes to bring up when doing his vigilante shit the goddamn hypocrite, where the fuck were you when those crimes were happening, if it galled you so much to remember it why haven't you avenged them

Attached: 1361761639579.png (324x377, 24K)

>Leftists are Hypocrites
Imagine my shock! I mean, you can call Billionaire Capitalists, NeoNazis or whatever evil, but at least they’re honest about their wants and goals.

Except absolutely none of them are honest about their goals, they lie, deny and obfuscate all the damn time

>Every time Magneto does shit like this
Kill child murderers? Literally nothing wrong with that.

>Billionaires want to make more money no matter what
>NeoNazis wanna genocide everyone
Criticize the goals all you want, but they’re not lying about what they are.

He is a jew so he is wrong by default

>good stories
>Marvel
>ever

The guys who kill her say shit like "you're trying to fool people into thinking you're a normal girl" and "is that what you do, go out and try to *trap* normal guys"?
It isn't really subtle. But I think yeah the issue is that she's a she-wolf and that transfags don't like the allegory, despite the X-Men basically always making their minority allegories into freakshows.

No not that, Him bringing up other peoples tragedies like he gives a damn (more like the writers think he should give a damn) while only caring insofar as to use it as a justification of his own actions while having the power to rectify the tragedies he recalls but refuses to

>Disney Sabotage
How? They own Fox and therefore owns New Mutants. Why would they fuck themselves over?

>Let's all just agree that it sucks when this happens:
>>Character has been a regular in a long-running series but is not super popular or well-known to casuals
>>Has a small but committed group of niche fans
>>Some writer who hasn't written the character much comes in and kills them off for shock value or to make some poorly thought out political point
I'm so fucking numb to it at this point. I can't even bother buying cape comics anymore.

>A transgender metaphor sounds stupid and barely fits

Didn't Rahne have an entire arc where she felt more comfortable and liberated in her full wolf for,, or something?

Yes, and it had nothing to do with gender identity. She liked being a wolf because in that form she was stupid enough not to care how her religion clashes with mutations and other problems. She never stated that she isn't comfortable in her female human body, she just considered herself to be ugly. Trans metaphore ruins everything that was established about the character. It's like being deeply religious werewolf isn't enough to generate drama.

Did xyr die from the gaping axe wound?

>Billionaire Capitalists
>honest

Attached: LaughsInTerrorist.jpg (640x480, 44K)

all i see are two beautiful women
t. lesbian

Tits or gtfo.

It's not like he could be everywhere to stop it, so he does the next best thing. I mean, the one way to prevent this would be ruling the world, but...
Don't think he likes cowardly lynch mobs, either.

You can't dislike or judge anyone for any reason now, unless they're white and straight of course, which left plenty of room for shrieking mental patients to work their way in.

Attached: taiga smirk.jpg (241x406, 70K)

>mfw Tesla warmed us it would happen

Attached: 6D269FEA-62F1-47BD-8F0A-3C87E28DE7E7.jpg (442x740, 33K)

Someone in another thread made the point that instead of presenting things in a more measured manner writers just jump straight to Burning Mississippi. Anyway Rosenberg should apologize for pretty much the entirety of his run going back to Madrox at least. He's a terrible writer.

I really appreciated Rosenberg killing Loa off panel. Her bloody, dead body just shows up in one panel with an almost passing mention. She wasn't used a whole lot but considering how little she was used she was a pretty cool character (great design, cool power, ties to Namor, fun laid back personality).

The best part is that the LGB portion of LGBT used to absolutely despise transgender people. They earnestly believed that people were tying the T part to the rest of it to make the entire thing look like a collection of freaks. This was like 5 or 6 years ago even, not that long ago.

>Trans metaphore ruins everything that was established about the character.

It doesn't, because it's symbolic just like all the other mutant metaphors, you fucking idiot. You just have an issue because it's about trans people now.

That's a good point. One more reason to hate muties.

Where’s the pages of her death

LGBTIQCAPGNGFNBA

>allowing trannies and niggers to claim the book about Ubermensch
Nah, user. You have to push back harder.

Nobody in those damn x-books is an Ubermensch.

Then what the hell has Mr. “Based & Redpilled” Sinister doing all this time?!
>mfw he’s in Autist Hickman’s Top 5 Characters
I’m getting flashbacks to Gillen’s Uncanny and I’m loving it.

Attached: 942DFB4B-8287-404B-A73E-913BF4322A0F.jpg (1440x2242, 540K)

>Then what the hell has Mr. “Based & Redpilled” Sinister doing all this time?!
Jerking off to commissioned art, from the looks of it.

>should kill their editors and stop making X Men books.
Jordan cuck White can be first to go.

I'm just annoyed that Magneto (well the writers) will have him bring up these horrible crime while he's avenging another but then do nothing to avenge the crimes he addresses. Magneto's the kind of faggot who will turn on the news, see a horrible terrorist attack and go "How sad" then turn around and ramble on about it when he's attacking the FoH or the Purifiesrs but will never go after another bastards even though he has the power too because they're not fucking with mutants. Magneto doesn't care whether a bunch of hicks lynch a black or gay guy, he'd just let it happen unless they were a mutant

I wonder, did he ever fuck the Madelyne Clones with his Tentacle Monstercocks?
Based Mag-NEATO caring ONLY about his race!

Attached: A3416EC7-EEFD-4AC4-9914-B908CBA648A7.jpg (662x1024, 174K)

He should apologize for killing Rahne! But not to trannies.

Add this guy to the list, white muties come back, maybe it's for the best as they would have turned him into a faggot.

Attached: Everett_Thomas_%28Earth-616%29_X-Men_Vol_2_36_001.jpg (388x966, 195K)

What ever happened to writer integrity and artistic vision (not that's existent in Marvel) now it's all kowtowing and apologies to trannies.
Trannies of all people.

The worst part of his run is having Cyclops come back, have him forsake Jeans team in favor of saving a human family from being murdered and tease that the boy scout Marvel desperately needs is back but then just have him double down on mutant ultra-nationalist. After Secret Empire Cap has lost too much credibility, we need SOMEONE to clean up the Marvel Universe, but some boots up assess and inspire the heroes to come back instead of constant petty infighting and civil wars and heroes being assholes and jack assess, it was supposed to be Scott damn it

Attached: 2699847-cyclops_message.png (1688x645, 757K)

>Forced to apologize to Homo Sexuals

If you're gonna kill off unpopular characters for some cheap drama, at least send them off in a fantastical way. What's the point of a superhero story if they don't go out in a blazing light show.

disregard the politics.
That deathscene was shitty regardless.

Subverting expectations

Sure did, considering she's sort of invulnerable.

Not at the cost of logical consistency. Did she want to die? Was she reasonably incapacitated in some way? No attempt was made to explain why she did not want to or could not fight back and/or abscond.

Trannies and sjws are delusional

Doesn’t matter. They feel she is meant to portray a transgender.
From what I’ve search this all started here:
womenwriteaboutcomics.com/2019/05/the-violence-in-the-system-transmisogyny-in-uncanny-x-men-17/
and it was then covered on Resetera where they took it to Twitter.

Attached: C5DC693D-F97C-41AE-BFCB-92246D1588A6.jpg (750x1083, 246K)

>Resetera
REEEEEsetera back at it again.

I really hate trannies but I also hate shitty writers who do shit like this so I enjoy watching them attack each other.