Why does everyone forget this comic exists?

Why does everyone forget this comic exists?

Attached: Naomi-1-DC-Comics-main-cover-by-Jamal-Campbell-375x576.jpg (375x576, 47K)

It has decent art but absolutely fuck all in interesting story directions

Because it's forgettable.

Because that is the fate Bendis-spawn deserve.

Attached: 1261369602915.jpg (649x604, 198K)

Can anyone even tell me what this comic is about? What was the big reveal?

Side note; how are the sales?

>What was the big reveal?

I think it had to do with the rann thanagar war?

Naomi backwards is “imoaN” I’m Oan

I'm being trolled.

SHES an alien, her adopted dad is a dude from Rann who went native on Earth where he was supposed to catch a Thangarian who also went native. Then there was a weird alien attack on the town that left baby Naomi behind.

So I dont give a shit, sounds like a coring character tat will be forgotten about.

Her dad and the local mechanic are deserters from Rann and Thanagar.
The big reveal is that Naomi comes from a whole new world.

Not enough outrage as the book is written well so Yea Forums can't fake indignation towards black people.

Because no one except Bendis wants it

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

In my opinion it got too much attention. It's just a side comic that has no impact on other comics and yet we had so many threads talking about it.

You couldn't find anything bad to say about this series so instead you call it boring.

Look, regardless of the quality, even if it was literally the best comic ever, no one would fucking buy it. Nobody who buys comics gives a single shit about any character who doesn't have a movie.

Maybe if they called it Batman Presents: Naomi, they could get some interest, but you, me, and everyone else knows this was dead in the water the second they had the idea of making a new character. If it's not an MCU or Justice League character, literally nobody gives a fuck.

Why the fuck did they give Bendis so much power

It sort of blurs into all the other black teenage Bendis OCs that are awesome at everything.

If you really don't understand why, you haven't been reading comics very long. You may as well be asking why Geoff Johns has so much power.

two black teenage girls is just two many eh user?

what?

Is Naomi supposed to be a stand in for one of his adopted kids like Miles Morales?

There's no page for them to spam to bait people with.

Because is lame and shit? also Bendis

I moan?

what do you mean?

Attached: 953297875.png (136x138, 43K)

Speculators are going crazy over this series, issue number one is up to $100. Maybe they’re expecting Naomi to be the next big DC universe character, I have no idea

I mean they can't whine about how Bendis is just using naomi for progressive brownie points like they did with Riri.

The sells reflect this. There wasn’t much fanfare prior to release or currently, and whatever impact it will have will likely never be acknowledged by anybody else besides Bendis.

Because I choose to ignore it. Fuck Bendis

Because it is utterly forgettable and badly written

It's not badly written.

Hey Bendis how's it going? I'm glad spideverse got an award, i wish it sold better though.

Rent free

what you didn't like spiderman universe? as the creator of spidermen i surly thought you wouldve liked it

I make it a rule to skip any splash/spread page written by Bendis because they usually don't add anything however the last issue of this was nothing but splashes and spreads so I ended not reading any of it.

What the hell dose that mean?

Because there isn't any good place to discuss comics. Yea Forums is the closest and it still sucks.

Means you don't have any good comebacks.

What? Rent free means the person doesn't have a good comeback comeback? What kind of stupid lingo is that?

Yes

Acting like a retard just makes you a retard user.

I'm sorry I don't know your gay terminology

It's because Miles is now a really big deal due to merchandise sales and of course the recent movie, and his other creation Jessica Jones got a pretty popular Netflix show.

You know how incredibly rare it is for a new Marvel or DC character to get any sort of popularity period, let alone outside of the comics. Bendis is one of the very few who's succeeded, and he's done it twice, so if you're gonna try and bank on a brand new first appearance, he's probably your best bet, especially with how much DC has clearly invested in Bendis; it's a safe bet that DC will push Naomi in their comics and adaptations more than they would a new character from any other writer.

Because it's not Batman or a Marvel Movie.

She's a white lantern or something.

>the book is written well
You must not have high standards. True, it's not the worst thing he's written, but it's mostly boring.

Attached: oh boy.jpg (466x450, 46K)

It's not boring, calling it boring is a non-criticism. You don't have to qualify what you mean because boring is such a subjective thing to measure. I think it's interesting and is exactly what DC needs at the moment.