Symbiotic Titan

What does Yea Forums think of this.
Why did it get dropped so fast?

Attached: Sym-Bionic_Titan_6568.jpg (412x513, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rule34.paheal.net/post/list/Princess_Ilana/1
toonami.tumblr.com/post/98164760488/good-newsbad-news-batman-fans
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That scene with all the ass-shaking was probably not received very well, despite how much horny Yea Forums autists liked it.

It immediately gets followed up with a stern no and the episode ends with the chick learning to actually try instead of just relying on her looks.
Over all its a pretty wholesome episode

10/10 best b plot ever

It came out at a pretty bad time. When CN was cancelling things based off getting the wrong target audience and not selling toys no matter how popular. Now it’s all TTG so it’s not much better

Pretty much this. The late 2000's and early 2010's were a great time for the creation of action cartoons, but most of them were cut down by CN's massacre of action cartoons. Now, not even action comedies like JLA and Super Hero Girls are tolerated.

Ilana is cute

Attached: Ilana Shower.gif (400x226, 2.97M)

And Titan wasn't able to secure a toyline period because toymakers were afraid having Ilana in the toyline would tank the sales

I thought it was because they didn't want to spend money on the transparent plastic for the Titan.

>CN's massacre of action cartoons.
CN only canceled Titan.

>he doesnt remember Young Justice

Attached: 1556668877023.gif (245x280, 1.04M)

Robot wasn't very cool. Robot battles weren't very good and had bad sound design. I.e., the show failed at its fundamental level.

Good show, it got dropped because it wasn't selling enough toys

>not knowing what happened to YG, Green Lantern and DC nation

Attached: green-lantern-movie-poster-sinestro-01.jpg (580x858, 151K)

But all I can think of is what happened at that point in the series...

What toys?

I've fapped to it when I was underage.

Because action cartoons have to live up to an expectation of merchandising that comedy cartoons don't.
It doesn't matter that people were watching it. It doesn't matter that it maintained audience interest in spite of only being shown once a week.
It didn't sell the mediocre toys they produced, so it had to get the axe.
Maybe if we complain enough, it'll come back.

What the fuck are you talking about? Battle scenes were incredible and the robot design looked awsome too.

>Why did it get dropped so fast?

It wasn't selling any toys. That's extremely important for children's programming.

>robot wasn't very cool

Attached: 1544968621678.jpg (720x720, 30K)

>Robot wasn't very cool.
>Robot battles weren't very good

Attached: 1544473400389.jpg (480x360, 12K)

No toys were produced.

According to the creator, Genndy Tartakovsky, he was told to make it into a Ben 10 clone, and when he refused the producers got pissed and half assed their jobs. Bare bones advertising, not fighting for a toy line, shitty time slots, that kinda stuff.

>It didn't sell the mediocre toys they produced

You can't sell what you don't make.

Something like this is what I expected

Isn't there something messed up with the rights as well so it can never get a continuation?

Yea Forums needs needs to learn why companies cliam tax breaks

It got written off for tax purposes

Fall out 76

Im fairly certain aqua teens was meant to fail

Attached: Symbionic_Titan.webm (600x450, 2.73M)

>Why did it get dropped so fast?
As I understand it, Genndy and CN were in an acrimonious relationship but he had money and episodes left in his contract so they blew as much as they could on SBT and when the contract was done they just stopped. It never got toys because it was never designed to sell toys and it was never designed to sell toys because selling toys was never a consideration.

It cost more to make the season than it could ever make back. They knew it was cancelled before the first episode ever hit the screens.

How the fuck did CN not manage to get a toyline for a show about giant robots fighting kaiju?

>half the thread convinced toys were made but weren't selling
Mandela effect?

Pretty much. When it first got out that no toy sales killed the show, they assumed they actually got made.

Of course, the "Nobody wanted to make SBT toys" thing we've been overlooking in this thread can be tied to Secret Saturdays. The toyline for Saturdays bombed so hard that it poisoned the well for any potential future CN action cartoon toylines. Generator Rex only got a toyline because of the Ben 10 creator connection lead Bandai to give the show a chance.

There was a Secret Saturdays toyline?

They didn't even try. They just used it as the excuse for the cancellation.

It has the best Enders game adaptation I've ever seen

> We will never get an episode of Lance and Ilana making out and people thinking it's incest.
Why even live.

Attached: 1524532328994.jpg (596x579, 48K)

What does that mean exactly? How does that prevent them making more if they wanted to?

They can but it's a pain in the ass.

The end of "Lessons In Love" with kimmy walking home listening to Space Age Love Song by A Flock of Seagulls, oblivious to the monster/mech violence happening on the horizon, makes me feel, so I love it.

And the editing is nice.

>user decides to say only wrong things: The Post.

That guy was a SICK Sinestro.

I don't know what it is about this series that I like so much. I don't think the writing is outstanding and the animation can look a bit off at times; I'm not even a fan of mechas. However the general feel of the show is fantastic; it might have to do with the setting, the lighting or the pace, but I find it very comfy, something that gives me a sort of nostalgic feeling despite only watching this once I was an adult. Perhaps it reminds me of the kind of series I watched when I was a kid, I dunno.
Also, Octus is the best and most interesting character; I didn't expect that would happen when I first went in.

How?

>Galaluna will never be free
>Detroit will never be free
>Razer and Aya will never be together
>you’ll never get to watch a block of Saturday morning cartoons on actual tv again

Attached: FCFD4B17-5C48-4F21-8851-EA882B010C35.jpg (500x500, 120K)

Seriously though, all the on-foot action sequences were much better than the mech

If there was going to be a Titan revival it would have to be done on adult swim

Most people already tuned out long before then. The show's mostly flat characters and kind of dull Mecha action was not a great watch, and the interesting plot didn't really kick in until it was halfway through.

Honestly the Titan kind of dragged the show down.

Yes, but that's like saying that chocolate ice cream is better than vanilla, you're not going to turn down either.

Personally, it's the art design that does it for me. Everything from the characters and the vehicles to the backgrounds (especially the backgrounds), you could tell that a lot of thought and care went into the design of everything.

How?

I agree; the environments are phenomenal. They took high school settings and American suburbia, which I tend not to really enjoy, and made them gorgeous.

Attached: co hipsters 1.jpg (640x1690, 221K)

Attached: co hipsters 2.png (504x1687, 115K)

I liked this show, even though sometimes, it was a typhoon of cliches. The character designs were also nice. I like how the blonde girl's (forgot her name) hairstyle got reused for Ashi in Samurai Jack.

It's not great CG and its fights aren't very exciting. As a plot device it's fine, but whenever it actually came out things got really dull.

>forgot her name

rule34.paheal.net/post/list/Princess_Ilana/1

Only got cut due to budget constraints.

>newest addition 3 months ago
That's oddly impressive for an almost 10 year old show that got canned after one season.

Some fans never let go.

Lance was going to hook up with that emo girl

>Symbiotic

And Ilana was going to have a 70s musical style episode about falling in love

I really liked how this show, starring a male and a female main characters, didn't seem to be leading us on into a hook up. I liked their relationship a lot, specially seeing how despite not being romantically predisposed to each other Ilana could just walk in almost naked on Lance (and vice versa) and get no reaction.

maybe not all hope is lost

Attached: there's _still_hope.png (1166x111, 18K)

I know it's an opinion and you're entitled to it.

But your opinion is wrong.

Attached: 1461915157029.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Toonami got us a second season of The Big O. Surely we can pull off a second mecha revival again.

Not anymore.

That was fun to watch with my parents

Attached: 1556762886729.gif (500x532, 904K)

The government allows companies to write off financial failures. Once written off they can't be used or licensed

Citation needed.

toonami.tumblr.com/post/98164760488/good-newsbad-news-batman-fans

>Beware the Batman and Sym-bionic Titan are being “written off,” financially, as of now. Therefore, after this weekend neither of those two shows will be a part of Toonami again, unfortunately.
That doesn't backup what you're saying though. Being “written off,” financially in this context just means that they were cutting their losses with the shows and they won't be broadcasting them on Toonami again.