Alright Yea Forums, redpill me on the Aladdin sequels; are they worth a watch or are they pure shit?

Alright Yea Forums, redpill me on the Aladdin sequels; are they worth a watch or are they pure shit?

Attached: the-return-of-jafar-aladdin-and-the-king-of-thieves-aladdin-2-3-collection__61wXCCFP7-L.jpg (500x353, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jhj25HnpSRU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Worth a watch. Also watch the show, since RoJ is the pilot and KoT is the finale.

II can be considered as the pilot of TV show
III can be considered as the finale of TV show

Yeah, they're fun. Definitely among the better Disney sequels

These guys have it right, OP.

The two "movies" are just multiparters fused together into "movies" so they can bookend the TV series. And in that capacity, they're very good; as supplements to the TV series. As direct followups to the feature film, intended to be watched as a movie trilogy without knowledge of the TV series, though? They don't work very well.

You'd probably enjoy them if you liked the TV show. The movie sequels bookend the series.

Attached: images.jpg (1280x720, 43K)

Mirage a cute.

How's the show stack up to Tangled the Series? They just finished the second season and I need something to hold me over.

Are there any good songs?

PSYKOPATISOIDAAN

Attached: jafar.png (1058x804, 800K)

2 is pure dogshit. The animation looks like low budget TV animation, the songs are awful, the plot is nonsense, there's plenty of forced conflict and it raises more questions than it answers. In the first movie the genie had to grant wishes properly, there was no monkey's paw depending on his whims. However, Jafar somehow manages to trick someone into wasting two wishes in order to help him. That's just one inconsistency.

3 is not exactly good but it is an improvement over 2.

Expect them to be worse than the actual movie that got released in theaters.

Return of Jafar is really just a pilot episode for the Aladdin TV series.
Aladdin and the King of Thieves is a love letter to the tv series, and a fine send-off to it.

As for the TV series, it's a solid kids action/adventure/comedy series, with mostly forgettable episodes, and some that are surprisingly dark for Dinsey.

2 in retrospect is pretty shit, though I still have lots of nostalgia for it despite not being a fan of Homer Genie
3 is top tier, only rivaled by Lion King 2

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

>Are there any good songs?
Yes.

So... Are you in or out? If you're with me give a shout.

Don’t remember 2, but 3 fucked me up as a kid

>3 is top tier, only rivaled by Lion King 2
user...

Attached: 51uDwR+uIqL.jpg (338x500, 45K)

What is the best version of the animated series available? Torrent, mega, whatever. I downloaded a torrent off thepiratebay. I like the show but the image quality on my big screen TV is pretty rough.

>choker
what a slut.

The difference is Aladdin TV series doesn't build any deep lore and mystery around the epic main plot like Tangled. It's more like a typical superhero show to fight against episodic rogues or sorcerers.

Also no Robbin Williams returns as Genie and Alan Menken didn't compose new songs in the show while Tangled did call back all the main cast from the movie and Alan Menken also returns.

King of Thieves is legitimately good.

KINO
I
N
O

youtube.com/watch?v=Jhj25HnpSRU

Attached: Virgenie.png (2114x1360, 142K)

I think I had both the VHS's up until the age of ~9. I remember watching King of Thieves multiple times, but I think I watched Return of Jafar only once. I tended to like everything as a kid so I must of really not liked the first sequel to do that.

GRANNY'S GONNA GRAB YA

Cinderella 3 is actually a pretty funny movie that gave deep to some characters that didn't have any in the original.