Celebrities and comics

What's your opinion on celebrities being featured or writing comics?

Attached: The_Weeknd_Presents_Starboy_Vol_1_1.jpg (985x1495, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

getcomics.info/marvel/the-weeknd-presents-starboy-vol-1-2018/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Most of the time when they are featured in comics they are cringe, and when they write comics they are fucking terrible at it (as usual)

Attached: WHY.jpg (600x926, 163K)

it's based
except Kelly Thompson is a shitty writer

Attached: Part 02 (01).jpg (1200x1782, 342K)

No daft punk comic? I’m disappointed

>Kelly Thompson's WCA
>Jimmy Kimmel
>YOU CAN SEE GWENPOOL'S EYES THROUGH HER MASK
WHO MADE THIS ATROCITY OF A COVER

Each one is a timeless classic

Attached: 001-2.jpg (466x720, 95K)

The Ultimate Crossover

Attached: clean.jpg (1821x2800, 524K)

lol what

This and Superman and Muhammad Ali are like the most famous examples of celebrities being featured in comics.

I remember this one to be allright

Attached: clean.jpg (1821x2800, 869K)

You mean like Guardian Devil? That one's alright, but Kevin Smith's other output in the medium is all terrible.

Why is starboy black?

The plot is great
Baracuda is hired by a Chrsitians Parents council to kill Eminem and Punisher has to stop him,unknown to castle is that Baracuda is actually Eminems old childhood friend

It's an atrocity of a comic, so it fits.

Are they writers? No? Then fuck off!

Self-insert. Meanwhile, that shit is still yet to be storytimed

I noticed mostly Marvel does this. Does DC have any memorable stories with celebrities?

I was gonna do it years ago before I realized it was a forced one-shot of a canceled series because it sold like shit. Turns out Weeknd's devoted fans aren't comic readers. Shocker.

I tried looking it up online but I got nothing.
Can you storytime it please? I get that it’s probably not good but I’m very curious.

No dice, amigo. But you can download it here: getcomics.info/marvel/the-weeknd-presents-starboy-vol-1-2018/

Oh wow thanks user is it safe to download there?

That one in particular weirds me out since I was listening to that song and it inspired comics for me, but now with this comic existing I don't even know if I can use the song and artist.

I was basing a super villain off him, he's got good villain vibes. At least this comic proved what he looks like as a normie in comics, without the other stuff.

Gerard Way seems to be alright.

Came here to post this, can't wait for more of his doom patrol this summer.

Different guy, but yeah it's clean. I get shit there weekly and have never had a problem. It's great for the big 3 releases.

When I first found out he was doing comic writing I shat my pants, good on him for having a future after MCR

Claudio Sanchez from Coheed and Cambria is pretty good, especially Translucid