Season 5 never

>season 5 never
It still hurts bros

Attached: 4b44a0a17319ef228d713be5f0063639.jpg (736x796, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!1LZzkBoT!1F1j2lhTz_94ScxN3WvDPg
youtube.com/watch?v=pQqJPYyggYU
youtube.com/watch?v=jJigBFAjGeY
youtube.com/watch?v=uTOp7b-Ggkc
youtube.com/watch?v=1NGQjRMXg28
youtube.com/watch?v=lM92qvRUxF4
youtube.com/watch?v=4npwQWRiuiA
deathspellomega.bandcamp.com/album/the-furnaces-of-palingenesia
youtube.com/watch?v=E2eXICPPBdQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ux06FpoB5dI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendon_Small
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It just angers me in that they wasted a golden opportunity. One final season, a send-off, and done, you have a good series that began and ended on a high note.
But no, Adult Swim has no fucking taste. But hey, at least we have Rick and Morty.
to even imply R&M is on par with Metalocalypse makes me ashamed

Attached: tumblr_mw4j7uZwp81rkisgto1_500.gif (500x282, 315K)

It’s bullshit that they didn’t even give a final episode, let alone a season. An hour or so special would have sufficed.

mega.nz/#F!1LZzkBoT!1F1j2lhTz_94ScxN3WvDPg

Attached: 56af9c2d-27cd-457f-93c8-3bd89cb7416f.gif (420x315, 426K)

you're dumb or have never seen doomstar here:

>I go to sleep listening to the rock opera

>implying
Of course I have you asshole, but another movie would have sufficed, it would have been better than nothing. Brendan could have made it worked.

Doomstar was a special, but not a finale to the series. It was a build-up to the actual end.

Don't forget the fact that the real deathclock lost the rights to their own music because of adultswim

I'm not happy, but not surprised either. It's pretty standard company functioning to gain exclusive rights to whatever the artist makes under them.
It can't stop Small from making a band called Chronomortis with character expies (pull an Alan Moore, basically).

Isn't this the series where the writer never wanted to actually go anywhere with all the plot being set up?

I thought the whole reason they canceled the show was because they didn't have rights to the music in an oversight and it made Lazzo shit himself

Doomstar ended on a fucking cliffhanger.

Attached: Doomstar Requiem Murderface.png (621x311, 73K)

That's why I said it was a buildup to the end.

Bingo.

THAT was the biggest thing that split Lazzo and Small. Lazzo like the main myth arc and Small fucking hated it's guts and basically wanted to just do god-awful jokes too juvenile for Home Movies with the characters.

Smalls keeping the music rights was one thing.

But Smalls really didn't give a shit about the show in terms of it's long term health and longevity. Lazzo REPEATEDLY went to bat for Smalls, in a rare case of executive meddling making the show BETTER.

The final straw was the "movie" (more like special) and Small being told to wrap everything up and he not only refusing to continue the cliffhanger but also going out of his way to shit on Lazzo with the bit where at the start of the special, the band abandoning Toki outright in favor of partying and dicking around. And only wrapping up the Magnus plotline in the last 10-15 minutes (with the ending being yet another huge dick tease Smalls never fucking intending to pay off).

Smalls insulting Lazzo with the special like he did (Smalls wanted a full on theatrical movie, ala Aqua Teen, with no plot and just tour bus antics) was the final straw and Lazzo killed the show and is sitting on the rights, because Small didn't fucking know what he had until he lost EVERYTHING and basically now is BEGGING to be allowed to finish his series. But it's too fucking late now and he's pretty much blackballed from Adult Swim as a result of his haughty arrogance.

Nice thread, OP.
You've earned a banana sticker.

Attached: Banana Sticker.png (350x192, 101K)

Attached: bananasticker.jpg (449x270, 15K)

Listen to the second Galaktikon album in vinyl track order. That's as close to an ending as there will ever be.

Attached: crop_480x480_1904747.jpg (480x480, 62K)

blazing star was absolute metal kino

It's also a solid fucking album. Small needs to take it on tour one day.

Yet Small wrote all the serious stuff and said he wanted to do a finale to finish up everything they'd been building towards. Sound like you're taking things out of context.

yeah i'd like a source on all of those claims.
Brendon did go on to write Galaktikon which is all wild over the top story. that doesn't really mesh with your claim that He hates story and just wants fart jokes.

It hurts my soul that it never got that popular mainstream compared to other shows. The writing and humor was top notch, and the character banter was just hilarious non stop. Also yeah the lack of the closure (and like brandon has an NDA to never reveal it) really sucks.

Tokis am precious too

youtube.com/watch?v=pQqJPYyggYU

Here's your finale OP.

Attached: giphy.gif (640x360, 2.33M)

The most brutal ending imaginable.

>blackballed from Adult Swim

Except that he still works on tons of Adult swim/CN shows doing voice cameos and music.

Reminder that if you like Doomstar Requiem, you should check out Devin Townsends "Ziltoid the Omniscient" and "Z2" which are both heavy metal "rock operas".

Z2 is a reboot/remake of the original Ziltiod album. But they are both about an alien named Ziltoid coming to earth to steal our coffee beans, because it turns out they are the most powerful fuel source in the universe, and earthlings have just been using them wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=jJigBFAjGeY

youtube.com/watch?v=uTOp7b-Ggkc

youtube.com/watch?v=1NGQjRMXg28

Attached: ZILTOID.jpg (300x300, 87K)

Attached: Metalocalypse Ending Never.png (1185x2625, 2.89M)

>this show was made because of perfect hair forever
youtube.com/watch?v=lM92qvRUxF4

Attached: frost_his_bag.jpg (303x316, 17K)

youtube.com/watch?v=4npwQWRiuiA

>it's been 6 years since Doomstar
also Pickles is best boy

>Not Toki

deathspellomega.bandcamp.com/album/the-furnaces-of-palingenesia

You can't get more black than this.

Not black or death enough.

bro fuck you Pickles is Wisconsin white trash
is correct with Toki, but Nathan gets an honorary mention because of his great relationship with his father.

He was the best Florida governor.

Scrambles needs to be added to the list of hurricane names not gonna lie

Well, at least they did that cover of 'Godzilla'.

Lorefags should be killed. Narrative complexity is almost always antithetical to comedy, especially since the comedy was in the characters rather than the plot in this case.

This has to actually be Mike Lazzo. Please kill yourself.

>It can't stop Small from making a band called Chronomortis with character expies (pull an Alan Moore, basically).
Tell me more, please.

alright well there is Nickles from Minnesota, and one person from Finland and Estonia.

oh look, its an adult swim jew lying, how surprising

Then there's Mr. Popzo, the pop music mime. He sniffs glue.

and the lead singer is descended from a Polynesian tribe and Adolf Hitler

What the fuck are you talking about? I've never seen an opinion this bad.

>narrative complexity is always antithetical to comedy
Explain pic related.

Jokes work because people understand the punchline, and to understand a punchline, the audience must have a base level of understanding.

As a result, there a few things that one can make jokes about. They either address social, political, and situations norms of society (the facets of a culture) OR they address material in universe. If you have minimal narrative and character complexity, the jokes are generally limited to the outside world.

As those other things develop, there becomes other things the audience "knows" and thus material to make jokes from. If we don't know, say, about Skwissgar's love for GMILFs, then the Murderface prank call scene where he pretends to be a "recently divorced overweight African American woman" is less funny. The whole "I'm glad my dad is dead" scene works because we know what fucking liars Toki and Murderface are.

Pic related again, great example. Many people agree Venture Bros. gets funnier over time because the jokes become running gags, they subvert one another, thy develop.

Is narrative complexity the only way to make a good comedy? Of course not, I'm not such a fucking retard as to say "these two aspects of storytelling are one hundred percent correlated", however denying that narrative complexity can enhance jokes is absolutely pleb-tier opinions.

When I first watched the show I liked Skwissgar because he's my type, then Toki because he was the "nice one" and still very much my type (I like long hair okay), but then I realised Toki's kind of a brat and William Murderface is the purest member of the band, the most wholesome boy - not the band fire chief we deserve, but the one we need.

Attached: 344F3A9E-1B0C-4FC2-B203-803544DB4630.jpg (665x375, 66K)

And finally Liam Kilhead Kilhead Kilhead, the bass player with a failed website called Urine Universe.

>Urine Universe
Diuretic Dimension

Incontinence Island.

Pee Peninsula

Whizz World.

The Tribunal won

Ballmastrz is the next greatest show

Attached: flip.png (828x487, 148K)

One hell of a consolation prize!

This happened with another band in real life, and they ended up having to pay $100,000 in damages to Sony, who held their copyrights and Trademarks.

A guy created a heavymetal band for little kids called Heavysaurus, with all the band members being in Dinosaur costumes. Sony took them on as a label and bought all their character rights. Dude started to hate them and all their rules and limits and wished he never sold the rights to Sony so he started another band called SauruXet which was basically slightly different big dinosaurs playing heavy metal, and Sony took him to court.

>Heavysaurus
youtube.com/watch?v=E2eXICPPBdQ

>SauruXet
youtube.com/watch?v=ux06FpoB5dI

CN would probably try and Sue Brendan Small if he started his own Metalocolypse cartoon, with blackjack and hookers.

Attached: DINOBOTYES.jpg (320x256, 69K)

>Brendan Small

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendon_Small