Did anyone else notice just how much they downplayed Thanos in Endgame...

Did anyone else notice just how much they downplayed Thanos in Endgame? He didn't feel anywhere near as overwhelmingly strong as he did in Infinity War. In IW he did everything by himself but in Endgame he was back to relying on his army again.

Personally I think it's because they want to leave the door wide open for a much larger threat to appear in future movies. Thanos didn't feel like a final boss of the MCU at all.

Attached: thanos.jpg (1600x900, 173K)

Technically Thanos was operating on a decade+ out-of-date playbook, due to not being the same Thanos we saw at the beginning.

And Thanos didn't have any stones.

The real threat wasn't Thanos, it was the depression and despair we made along the way

>in Endgame he was back to relying on his army again
Because Wanda was about to crunch him into a tiny little ball.

Correct. And even Obsolete Thanos gave them a run for their money.

He had all the information from Nebula's eye though.

(Shifting one of the stones into his OTHER hand was pure genius. Smartest combat move of the film).

If anything, Thanos B Parker actually gave them too much of a run for their money. Logically he should have been kind of a pushover for them, compared to the fight against Thanos with multiple stones on Titan.

But that wouldnt have been very fun to watch.

But not the hard-won experience of First Thanos.

I thought so too. I actually said wow out loud when he did that.

Only the stolen knowledge gave him help. But honestly, Second Thanos was doomed. He only knew what Nebula knew, from memory.

Strange knew the Future, which he cleverly kept to himself (preventing Nebula and thus Thanos from knowing).

He focused on the wrong thing (his destiny) and not what made him so focused in the first go around (the cost)

Wish he did that more, making use of the individual stones

He recognized the heroes assumed he was fully reliant on the Gauntlet to wield the stones as a weapon. So he took advantage of that, allowing him to use his other hand.

what if the second thanos was his twin brother thonas?

this

the whole main point of infinity war is that nobody is willing to sacrifice everything except thanos, that's why he wins

endgame thanos doesn't realize this, and just assumes he's going to win because he saw neubla's recording

Second Thanos wasn't hardened by the weight of the price he paid. First Thanos gave up too much to ever stop. He even admitted he destroyed the stones to "prevent temptation" (no doubt concerning bringing Gamora back. We saw him haunted by her dream).

They didn't downplay Thanos at all. He put up an insanely good fight. What are you mad that he couldn't solo Scarlet Witch? In the comics she's a fucking cosmic god.

>As overwhelmingly strong

With NO stones and no backup whatsoever

>He overpowers yet another of Stark's suits
>He breaks and nearly kills a Thor wielding both Mjolnir and Stormbreaker
>He savages a "worthy" Steve Rogers, and breaks his Shield

After that
>He outsmarts Danvers
>He outmaneuvers Wanda
>And he smacks the shit out of Tony before Tony does his snap

This is Thanos with no humility, no loss, no mercy, no empathy, no positive trait he gained after seeing so much destruction for his goal and it shows. If anything, any assassin based hero (Hawkeye, Gamora) could have slaughtered him if they got the jump on him, Thanos was arguably punching well above what was safe in this movie.

By this point, the heroes are willing to lose anyone and try everything to win (including outright rig the game). The loss of half the universe's population has hardened them more than Thanos (who hasn't lost Gamora yet).

And convinced he'd won, First Thanos didn't exactly put up a great struggle.

Nope.

Correct. It's proof Second Thanos was actually much worse than First. Thanos with all the safeguards removed.

At the same time though, Second Thanos is much dumber than First because he lacks experience.

Well, he only got the gauntlet for a limited time before Tony got the stones.

Had a better defeat than the Night King.

In his defense, he knows nothing about the capabilities of the Guardians, Doctor Strange, or any Avenger who joined after The Winter Soldier. He had no idea what he was doing going up against Wanda and how insanely powerful she was.

IT wasn’t that he was back to relying on his army
His goal changed from “delegate forces to retrieve the stones” to “wipe everything to get the stones”

I think this is one of the more underrated moments in that fight. It got outshined by all the other shit going on, but it was still based as fuck.

Thanos seemed just less wise in this movie due to time shit. After he was done fighting cap, tony and thor he started bloating how he was gonna enjoy killing them.

In IW he actually praised them and respected everyone, he didnt even kill most people when he could (first guardian encounter).

I think this was a thanos less wise but more phyisical prime while everyone else was pretty much out of the game for 5 years.

Also Thanos in IW was holding back a lot.

Attached: 1556579485528.webm (1076x451, 2.77M)

>he started bloating

user, I...

Attached: 1455926003425.jpg (765x772, 90K)

I have a feeling people like this because it involves Carol getting owned.

Truthfully this move probably would have worked on any Avenger.

I dislike it because she can overpower 6 stones but not take a hit from 1

First Thanos had knowledge earned. Second Thanos had knowledge stolen. The difference showed.

Even worse, he thinks he can cheat ahead and just let the Avengers do the work for him and not have to sacrifice anything.

Obviously, that works out terribly.

>Overpower 6 stones
This never happened

but she isn't overpowering 6 stones If you rewatch the webm none of them were glowing

It's a shame we'll never see that version of Thanos again thanks to Thor feeling the need to kill him. I wish he could have been left alone to live as a farmer like in the comics. Though I suppose if he had been left alive there would be no reason why he couldn't try to do the snap again, so it was inevitable.

That's because IW Thanos was still under the impression that the survivors would understand and thank him.

EG Thanos sees that they don't do this, and the Avengers are fucking up his life's work so he throws out all pretense of being nice and gets to right to slaughtering them and laying waste to Earth, before killing everyone this time and making a new 50 percent that he'd force to be grateful to him.

This is the true Thanos. He's only respectful and pleasant when he's winning and under the impression everyone will agree with him when they see the new empty universe.

She's holding the glove open so he can't use any of them, just like when Strange had his cloak do it in IW.

He switches to the other hand, and then he CAN use the power stone.

It's ironic. To beat 2014 Thanos, the Avengers essentially adopted 2018 Thanos' mindset: "Whatever it takes."

Did anyone else realize that there were probably people who died or committed suicide during the five year time skip so when the people who were snapped came back they were probably devastated to find that their friend/loved one/whatever was dead?

Attached: tumblr_ppk71tmWBX1t9ridy_540.jpg (236x228, 12K)

So this is what retardation looks like...

Lots of people who slept through the movie are trying to nail it for "plot holes" with their hot takes and getting pretty basic shit wrong.

or imagine the people who moved on. imagine some dude who's wife and kids got dusted, grieves but somehow manages to make a new life. makes a new family, then family one comes back

So there were consequences and it wasn’t just an undo!

I like to blur my vision and pretend he's fighting Mar Vell instead of Carol
That's just a bonus, user

The really interesting part of this movie is when you realize that the five year timeskip means that Fortnite is still going to be alive in 2023.

>they live in a world where every game dev got dusted

Attached: the salesman.webm (1280x720, 1.44M)

Maybe, but based on what we see most people couldn't and by and large returning everyone was a good thing for the majority.

Thanos didn't have the stones on from the get-go in Endgame, you need to remember it was just stock alternate universe Grimace during his fights and the only time he got to use the stones was punching Carol out of the rest of the movie.

Why did Thanos never think of having two gauntlets? 3 stones each, even if someone holds down one gauntlet he still has the other 3 stones to use.

Even ignoring that this is wrong already, a sucker punch doesn't need as much power. If she's wrestling with the glove all her power is going that way, and trying to split attention would open her up on hoth sides.

Speaking only for myself, I like Carol and I still loved this bit. Carol gets by using only brute force and durability to fight. She makes no attempt to block or dodge when Thanos tries to headbutt her, instead just stands there and no-sells the hit. To me that's boring. Having something actually hit hard enough to overcome her invincibility is more interesting than having her just tank everything.

Well he was alone on a planet with no tech (if I remember right) so if the avengers unsnapped the world he wouldn't even know.

nigga what? Thanos bodied Thor, Captain America and Tony and not to mention he was smart enough to quickly grab the power stone and swat Carol like a fly.
Wanda overpowered him because of the obvious, thanos is a melee fighter and wanda can use magic from a mile away.

Probably not. Thanos is very durable.

Thanos is actually underpowered in the films altogether. He is supposed to have energy attacks, and forcefields.

Going by that logic he should just have made the Infinity Anal Beads, much harder to take the stones.

he shat on Thor and Tony without the stones, both of them went toe-to-toe with Infinity Stones Thanos. if anything he was more of a jobber in Infinity War or the stones were at least.

Which is why he got his arm cut off like it was made of butter.

This would just make for a perfect opportunity for Ant-Man to go up his ass and you know how that would turn out.

Are you fucking dense? 2014 Thanos had no stones so yeah, he was still using the gear and armies he'd built up along the way.

It's like you and the others posting this kind of crap are morons: the info is all there in front of you and was delivered in such a way that even a kid could make sense of it yet you're here posting your stoopid for all the world to see.

First off, it's spelled "stupid."

Second, you can't blame people for finding this movie hard to understand when even critics are insisting you need to have seen every single MCU movie to make sense of it (you don't.)

What Thanos did was the equivalent of using a code to skip to the Welcome to the Machine level in Ecco the Dolphin without ever having played it before. You may have the shortcut to get to the end, but you're going to be woefully underprepared without having learned the game mechanics necessary to beat it.

>Which is why he got his arm cut off like it was made of butter.
By a weapon that was literally made to kill him

Kind of useless now then, isn't it?

....why would it be fucking retard?

Because Thanos is dead. Duh. Idiot. Now it's worthless.

That's not the only thing it can do you fucking sperg. The weapon is better than his previous one.

Do I really have to spell it out for you?

And also it was an already fucked up arm

>In IW he did everything by himself but in Endgame he was back to relying on his army again.
Did we forget the part of IW where Thanos literally relied on his retinue of yes-men and an entire fucking army before stepping in only to mop-up afterward?

Also the part in Endgame where he easily held his own against every single super hero he came up against, only being defeated By dusting ?

>If anything, Thanos B Parker actually gave them too much of a run for their money.

Nah. He straight up says in both IW that he doesn't want to kill anyone, he wants the stones to do it. Every act of agression he performs in IW is strictly out of self-defense (or in Gamora's case, to prove a point).
In Endgame, he knows that leaving people alive isn't actually the best play, and *that's* when he cuts loose.

*claps hands*
*half the universe dies*

He'd notice the sudden bumper crop of space durian.

He didn't have the stones or gauntlet. Even then he managed to fight off Cap, Thor, and Iron Man and would have won if the reinforcements hadn't shown up.

Did Thanos have that huge fuckoff double sword before the movies? I can't remember ever seeing it before.

It seems likely that the use of the IG diminished his physicality significantly.

Calm down sperg.

No. that is a new addition, perhaps to make up for that the MCU version doesnt have:

1. forcefields like in the comics
2. energy projection
3. telephathy
4. flight
5.telekinesis

That's all WITH the Infinity Gauntlet? I don't remember Thanos having any natural powers besides being real strong and hardy.

Thanos doesn't have telepathy and telekinesis, retard.

Yeah. I was pretty disappointed if I'm being honest. Seeing the purple nigga be defeated was supposed to be the most satisfying moment of all time.

The whole purpose of building the Gauntlet in the first place was to assemble all six on it in order to be capable of doing the Snap.

Yes he does, you sperg. He is in fact one of the more powerful telepaths in the marvel canon.

At least do a google before you prattle off.

Attached: comicnut027.jpg (667x1024, 194K)

Honestly, one thing I wish they had talked about a little more were scenes like Steve telling Nat that he saw some Humpback Whales in the Hudson because the lack of ships made the water cleaner.

Show us a little more about the reason why Thanos believed what he did was right.

He wasn't using any of the stones to push her back. She was holding his hand open like Steve had in Infinity War. That was why he had to grab the Power Stone (although why he can't just WILL the other stones to do what he wants without a gesture is a bit of a mystery, only needing a gesture to trigger all six at once).

Even the Infinity Gauntlet in IW needed Thanos to close his fist to use the power of individual stones.

They shouldn't have killed IW Thanos. Big mistake on their part

IW Thanos had a perfect arc

>punched out of scenario itself

Isn't Moondragon allowing him inside Galan's mind tho?

Everybody forgetting that 2014 Thanos has never touched infinity stone before the battle. In IW he had a time to stay them, he has gauntlet build specially for him by magic dwarves, not a human guy, outsmarted by wakanda girl