What will usurp CALARTS as the next dominant design trend in animation?

What will usurp CALARTS as the next dominant design trend in animation?

Attached: athah-poster-shinchan-dancing-athed1158-medium-original-imae6wxzyfrd69zk.jpg (636x832, 39K)

Stick figures.

Something even more brain-dead, cheap and uninspired.

Whatever was popular 20 years ago

>What will usurp CALARTS as the next dominant design trend in animation?
Whatever it is will still be called Calarts. People will lament that cartoons suck and that they haven't been good since the 2010s. Style wise my money is on a style similar to that new DC Super Hero Girls show being the norm.

some other stupid buzzword that brainless nobodies like you will latch onto

20 years ago was probably the peak of diversity in cartoons styles.

>hurr everything is same
Nope. People will remember 2010-2013~ favorably the rest will be seen as formulaic.

adult swim should do more gag dubs

00s and 2010s anime ripoffs

>>hurr everything is same
Not him but nobody's ever do anything but prove it to be true

I don't really think anything. Things like the sudden shift in style of the 2010s are really rare. Most of the time trends are really just variations of what came before, and there's almost never a singular style that dominates everything like there has been in the 2010s. The 2000s anime look and the 90s ren and stimpy look were in a bunch of shows sure, but there were just as many shows in styles completely different from what was the trendy one at the moment

I predict that the "calarts" look will diffuse into a bunch of vastly different styles over the 2010s and things will go back to normal by the 2030s

Tumblr SJWLGBTQBBQWTF style.

That’s already calarts.

MS Paint

"The kids these days sure do like that Homestuck thing..."

Attached: 1516850828912.png (878x699, 46K)

Nope. It's just that things have been shitty for so long you feel that way.

>action cartoons with a revived late 90s or early 2000s industrial theme/aesthetic without being obnoxious will never be a thing

Attached: 8813A15C-7AEB-4549-BBEA-350A1446D765.png (650x650, 77K)

Because they aren't popular with people who actually matter, aka normies. Ever notice how half of Yea Forums's favorite shows ended early?

Why does poltard shit look so bad? It looks worse than tumblr art and tumblr people are outright trying to make bad art

Whatever style of animation 12 oz. Mouse uses

Things have been shitty for less than a decade dude. That isn't "so long."

/Pol/ mostly values art as a tool and commodity and tumblr values art for its own sake.

Attached: rcdartcap.jpg (271x458, 23K)

see

If Hazbin Hotel or Black Hat strike with a large audience, then their style might define the 2020s.
I’ll call it the Literal Edgelord Style.
But whatever style becomes influential, corporate fatcats will order that style copied for future shows without understanding why shows were made in that style. Hack artists will jump on the bandwagon and will bring their half baked ideas into the fold. People will love the fresh style early on, but eventually get sick of due to over saturation. Whatever, it’s happened before and will go on long after us.
Just be sure to enjoy these things while they last. After all, tomorrow is never promised.

Attached: F60D5970-B5E7-4A7B-9D75-EDD7353C9030.png (8055x2217, 2.71M)

Things have been shitty since 2005.

Honestly I welcome our new Devientart overlords. Waaaaaay better than anything out of tumblr/twitter

Attached: Old-VS-New-Character-Designs-19.jpg (1200x966, 146K)

There was a whole renaissance at the beginning of this decade.

Because they're strawmen. The uglier the drawing, the dumber the opposition looks in their heads

This is the exact opposite of reality. As usual, the left always projects.

Nope. That's bullshit rewriting history. Just because AT and RS were /slightly/ better than canadian flashshit doesn't make it a renaissance.

Seriously talking? A lot of people like minimalistic shit that looks good, hence why CALARTS is sop popular. However, I don't know if anyone's noticed, but people are taking an interest to animation. But not in a good way, instead they act as if they know anything about it after reading a grade-school book about it. So, I think they'll take a 180 and go for the sketchy chicken scratch look.

Except sketchy look don't mesh with cheap rigged animation

What an edgy opinion to have.

In modern times it's absolutely true that the right doesn't value art for its own sake as much as the left. The same goes for academia but for some reason the right doesn't understand why there are fewer of them in those spaces.

It's projection. The right values art, the left does not. The left seeks to destroy art.

>The right values art
As long as it appeals to their own personal specific fetish. No fun allowed, except for me!

This is also projection. The left is constantly going around trying to shut down anything that doesn't conform to their dogma. It's insane just how much the left projects.

So the right in general is okay with my furry shota inflation feet art? Cool, didn't know this.

Cool, I never said anything about furry shota inflation feet art.

>No fun allowed, except for me!

See

Can we stop with this left-right dichotomy bullshit. This isn’t about politics, it’s about people using art as a means to establish their views as the morally righteous choice.
No matter how much you generalize one side, there will always be jackasses taking advantage of a movement or medium to shove it down your throat.
Stop it, this is a complete exercise in futility.

Attached: E34A61A4-450B-4EC6-AFB1-DF12BBC7BA36.jpg (600x338, 43K)

See

Attached: 1486580708118.jpg (540x405, 36K)

Why the fuck do you keep going on about furry shota inflation feet art? I never said anything about it. I never implied anything about it. "Art" is a massive category where furry shota inflation feet art is just a speck of sand. What the fuck is wrong with you?

fuck off retard

softheaded americans like you are why adult swim dubbed the show the way they did

Attached: 5009d0b2ecd4451d65038b82eb21a46fa14277c1.jpg (1280x720, 238K)

Simplified characters are cheap as shit to animate. Low effort and cookie cutter design will continue to be the norm as long as tv continues to die and networks execs continue to horde shekels. You save a lot of money when korean slaves can just use the circle tool to draw your characters.

I don't know. What is wrong with YOU?

>Calling people retarded=centrist
Nigger, I’m right-wing.

I just know that putting labels on a group that I don’t like to explain why things are terrible is a retarded line of thinking. People want to complain about things they can’t control, but never focusing on what they CAN control. Everyone always wants to blame somebody else for their problems, instead of getting off their asses to doing something with their lives.

I know I won’t change who you are, so go ahead and keep blaming niggers and Jews for the worlds issues. Maybe all of your complaining will lead you somewhere.

Unironically DeviantART style cartoons like villainous and hazbin hotel, they're very spiky and edgy so it's the natural reaction and contrast to bean shapes and the comfy trend

Nothing. I am asking what is wrong with you. Why the fuck do you keep going on about your niche fetish art?

>implying
Why the fuck do you keep projecting?

What the fuck am I projecting you fucking moron? YOU are the one who keeps going on about your fetish art.

Leftists are so fucking fucked in the head it's unreal.

Why the fuck should I respect your fetish when you won't respect mine?

>fucking ugly default MSPaint colors

I made no mention of any fetish of mine. I said nothing about your fetish. We aren't even supposed to be fucking talking about fetishes because the topic is art. You are completely fucking insane and belong in a mental institution.

Nice strawmen and ad hominem faggot, come back when you have an actual argument if you wanna keep discussing shit with the big boys.

ms paint

You're just proving his point

Nah, TTG type flash is WAY cheaper, to the point where a lot of flash studios are actually in Canada and to a lesser extent the US

What's with you and calling shit soft? It's a really lame insult and it makes you sound like 16 year old me

the art isn't the point. not a whole ton of notable modern artists on the right, so we make do.

Year 2k was the one of the best times for cartoons, and for the early part of the 2000's creativity, action and different artstyles peaked.

>listing action as an inherently positive quality

Attached: 1550446454978.jpg (640x480, 40K)

No, that was the 90s.