Why is IDW so obsessed with these characters?

Why is IDW so obsessed with these characters?
Fans really don't care about them but IDW is determined to make them popular.

Attached: D5k8FPTWkAkQUZL.jpg (1530x1980, 639K)

Because they're IDW's original creations so they want to put them front and center and make them special.

IDW did the same thing with Drift in their Transformers comics, Agent Helix in their GI Joe comics, and Rachel in their Ghostbusters comics. All were super shitty, fanfic-tier OCs (especially Rachel, the Ghostbuster who used magic and was also the granddaughter of Gozer but was half human so she was also a rebel).

Whisper's breasts are too big I only like girls that are either flat chested or have very small breasts.
This is my top 5 ranking
>Blaze.
>Cream.
>Marine.
>Sticks.
>Cosmo.

Attached: Rio2016.png (1200x1467, 1.14M)

>fans don't really care
Why are you lying?

Fans like them as much as any other characters.

I like them

>Drift was an IDW oc
Huh.
Cool to know, he's an awesome character though.

Attached: 73a462ae532d4e566ee4a3a111c03032.jpg (1200x1200, 216K)

Drift didn't start off that good, he didn't get good till MTMTE season 1 as a character.

Drift was awful until Windblade came along and made him look good by comparison.

because they are the idw equivalent of the archie exclusive characters, and because the are the writers/artists oc and you sould know how peple are about their oc.

so who will be the next OC to make windblade look good?

Because IDW Sonic is the DULLEST SONIC MEDIA TO EVER EXIST

Plus shitty grrl power even though Sonic already had plenty of strong female characters.

I doubt a lot of the original OC characters were popular at the beginning, it took many chapters and arcs for them to reach that point.

They are not really popular even Sticks has more art than both of them put together.

I want Sally

In the original Archie comics there are is the pre-soft reboot and post soft reboot. Pre-boot, Flynn era, Archie Sonic most important OCs became very popular rather fast.
Post soft-reboot many of the OCs, such as the new Eggbosses, were popular, but since so many new OCs were being introduced at once to replace the old cast there there wasn't as strong a reaction from fans.

However in comparison IDW's OCs might as well not exist to the fandom.

MTMTE reinvents him as a very different character, but calling the original version "awful" is a stretch, unless you only read his TFWiki page and base your opinion on their hatred for him, an autistic hatred that preceded his debut.

It was Anode, wasn't it?

Sally and Krystal

they're cool characters

My best guess?

Sega has such a hard on with keeping the sonic characters with the status quo that the only thing IDW can do anything is with new characters.

Attached: c2d47d395418776bcabb751456fed471.jpg (1200x857, 483K)

IDW writer love to pander their own OCs
Happened in Transformers
Happened in GI joe
Happened in Ghostbusters
Happened in TMNT
even in the MLP comic

Anyone that follow IDW should expect the same thing

why is that chick wearing an Arion?

Attached: 1556538748245.png (1000x1000, 426K)

>the Ghostbuster who used magic and was also the granddaughter of Gozer but was half human so she was also a rebel).
She hadn't reappeared until Crossing Over. Hell, I didn't even think "Vol 1" was canon to the other ghostbusters comic

>Sonic boom is done
>The next videogame is going to be garbage
>and the film already looks like shit.

Great, the idw comics, like archie, is going to be the "best sonic" just because everything else is shit.

>Happened in TMNT
difference is that the Mutanimals are cool.

Yeah, they are but the point is the pandering of writers OC.

I like Tangle
I like happy-go-lucky characters in general

I've been telling myself I'm not a furry all these years but for some reason I want to fuck the shit out of whisper so I guess I am now

TSR looks better.

I think TMNT has some good balance. The only bad oc is Alopex (does she count as OC when she was made by Kevin Eastman?)

The problem with Alopex is that it is too late for her character that she has been fucked up for so long (by the foot and Kitsune) that by the time she finally got to be her own character it was fucked.

Honestly the best way to end her character was to let her leave and live in the snowy mountains of her home and let her live her life. It would have been bittersweet but it would have let her leave the comic on good terms.

Because they're the only characters the writers are allowed to do things with.

The game cast are rigid, set in their ways, unable to be altered in any way.

Still dumb to push them so hard.

Whisper is cute. CUTE.

They literally have no choice.

Tangle fits seamlessly into the Sonic cast, but Whisper is PAINFULLY FUCKING DEVIANTART. And yes, I know she was literally created by a DA fanartist who got a job as a professional Sonic artist, but that's neither here nor there. You're supposed to introduce characters that fit in with the established cast. Whisper however is on the same level as a Penders OC.

Tangle sucks as well. I like Hesse but it sucks he had to help make her. She's boring

Tangle needed a better introduction and a better reason to be trying to inject herself in Sonic's friend circle beyond "I like to fight robots".

Because without them, Sonic is an extremely childish franchise (and they're ashamed of working on such a childish franchise)

>The fan favorite heroines are back in an all-new series
>Tangle and Whisper
>Fan favorites
>and meanwhile, Freedom Fighters, the ones that truthfully are fan favorites, are nowhere to be seen

Yeah, no.

Attached: 1dcab01b6f5bc4b28917c65a16c22b7f.jpg (500x374, 22K)

They're never coming back, user. Let it go.

Never, you son of a bitch.
FUCKIGN N-NEVER

Attached: 1492797145353.png (380x383, 14K)

Attached: bueno.jpg (299x200, 16K)