Have we figured out yet how is it that Eggman is automatically the best thing about most sonic Media?

Have we figured out yet how is it that Eggman is automatically the best thing about most sonic Media?

Be it that he is a legitimate threat like in Sonic SATAM or a comedic fuck like in Boom he is always the best character, and now he is played by Jim fucking carrey, he'll carry that fucking movie like atlas lifted the world on his shoulders

Attached: soniccarrey02-1d275659105e06673bc8f6428c362c3e-600x400.jpg (600x400, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p2Lyh5_PPIw
youtube.com/watch?v=t-uY2QpW51I
youtu.be/NakCY0txrGI
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj_lZ4hkJd8
youtu.be/-wNbMwKWDtA
mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/how-cathriona-white-forged-medical-11952643
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is the same situation as The Smurfs movie, in which Gargamel was its only redeeming feature.

Because Sonic has never had very good writing (come at me Archie nerds), but having some over the top megalomaniac chewing all the scenery of every scene he's in is pretty much always fun.

Same reason we love Megs

Attached: megatron_yes_by_itswalky-d4sxkci.jpg (719x1111, 138K)

As a quick addendum to this, he's basically the only character working with the fact that the world he inhabits is really dumb. When you have the other characters try to pretend that there's any seriousness to the premise, it falls flat.

youtube.com/watch?v=p2Lyh5_PPIw

I'VE COME TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT

Attached: D5a0kjbU8AAdfqm.jpg (600x453, 40K)

>Long-John Baldry
>Jim Cummings
>Gary Chaulk
>Edwin Neal
>Mike Pollock

Jim Carrey will literally be the first bad performance in Robotnik's English language history.

I wonder why it took this long to cast Jim Carrey as an over the top villain. It fucking fits him like a glove.

>this will be the final shot in the film as sequel bait

Tap 4 rhythmically for extra pleasure.

Why is Deem Bristow on that list?

HE FUCKED MY WIFE, SO GUESS WHAT? I'M GONNA FUCK PARAMOUNT!

I forgot about him. He was good, but didn't play the character for very long.

*drove my wife to suicide

Yeah...remember when he uh...pissed in a bottle?

I don't know Eggman being a jackass to the officer was actually entertaining

Nah, he'll carry the movie

The Riddler?

>Who are you?
>Uh..
>No one cares!
I don't know, Carrey sounds more obnoxius than usual here.
They will reshoot the third act to include the OG Robotnik look. Mark my works.

>I don't know, Carrey sounds more obnoxius than usual here.

It's all about the delivery, plus the funny bit it's when he keeps interruptong the guy, I think it's the first time we see a scientist bullying a soldier

Have we figured out yet why carrey always looks like he just had the biggest nut?

>That's my secret, cap

I thought it was amazingly annoying and unfunny.

Carrey could do a good Robotnik but I doubt the script will ever give him enough to work with to save the film.

The "say something super-smart and verbose then have another character explain it in in laymen" gag is an example of that. Not only is extremely played out but the "smart line" barely qualified as something that needed explaining.

>I think it's the first time we see a scientist bullying a soldier
you may have a point sir.

Is this Carrey's revenge? We refused to listen to him and now he's trying to induce autism in children on a mass scale?

Attached: autism.png (1260x240, 101K)

Is Eggman the best character in Sonic X? I can't remember.

Attached: dr-eggman.jpg (620x350, 50K)

Sonic X was tremendously boring and he was the least boring aspect, so I suppose so.

He says he likes Rouge's tits in the final episode so yes

My question is why in the name of god was Gangsters Paradise the trailer song?

It was a shout out to our boy Chris
youtube.com/watch?v=t-uY2QpW51I

After this I never thought we get Jim Carrey doing his old Jim Carrey acting, but here we are.

>rallies against vaccines and autism
>battles Sonic
Pottery.

For sure this is pretty much gonna be Jim Carrey's movie while all the shit with Sonic and the cop is gonna feel like the B-plot.

Eggman's robots are also pretty fantastic

Attached: a8d2ececdfbeb43f1f0f82426999491b1965adf8_hq.jpg (786x1017, 114K)

I've no idea how people can think that Eggman shot isn't gonna be an after credits scene or something.

This.

He has no pressure to be "the cool one" so he's free to be cantankerous and grumpy

Carrey has AIDs, he doesn't need robots this time.

"Get a load of this!"

funny how he's one of the reasons we're having this major measles outbreak

Also the best part of that movie

What is with this obsession with putting Sonic in "the real world"? It never works.

Jim Carrey is POTENTIALLY the best thing in the movie but also POTENTIALLY the worst thing. It depends on the script and if Carrey is allowed to do his own thing when he doesn't like something, or if he has to play by the script. He does love to ham it up, so maybe we'll get lucky.

>Angry vaccinated autist blames Jim Carrey for "measles outbreak"
>"it wouldn't be the first time he's knowingly spread a virus" claims outraged comic reader

Not to mention the Grinch and Count Olaf. How could one woosh this hard?

Getting real Robbie Rotten vibes from this, who was inspired by Carrey. We've come full circle.

>played out but the "smart line" barely qualified as something that needed explaining.

Since this is Eggman he probably hired the man to speak in "Lame"man's terms to oversimpefy his already simple words.

For example
>"This apple is delcious."
>"Tell him!"
>"He says it tastes good"

Is it ever explained why Eggman is the only human in the world and any other human from other media just happens to be related to him

I thought he was awful in the trailer. It’s Jim Carrey trying to be an obnoxiously neutered version of himself.

Alfred Molina should’ve been Eggman.

In the games, humans and furries coexist, though the ratio of humans to furries depends on the game. In Sonic X, it was explained that Sonic's World was all furries and Robotnik crossed over from Earth in an attempt to conquer it.

The only part of the trailer I dug were some of Eggman’s tech. The sleek jet and the mini drones looked pretty dope.

Watching the trailer was weird. Like the Woody woodpecker movie. Exactly like the Woody woodpecker trailer

youtu.be/NakCY0txrGI

Eggman’s a guy with all the power and none of the responsibility. He doesn’t have any stakes, so he does whatever he feels like however he feels like doing it. That makes him fun.

Except Woody actually looks like Woody.

>the grinch

But he was the good guy user

Holy shit, even down to his own Eggman.

I unironically liked Forever. The only issue was that Two Face was too redundant, since he was Riddler but not as good.

Just because he was the protagonist and learned a lesson doean't mean he wasn't an over the top villain for 90% of the movie.

I think the Sonic X and Sonic Boom cartoon were the only animated adaptions where humans weren't commonplace in Sonic's world (and Sonic Boom takes place entirely in one town, so there could be humans living somewhere else).

>Let’s forget he set fire to a giant tree and rampaged through the city

Hey the less we see of that CGI abomination the better

>City is filled with racists who don’t like anyone who isn’t a “Who”
>mercilessly bully the outsider whenever he appears
>even though he has left to live in the mountains, kids sneak up to his house to pull pranks, the city dumps their garbage into his home, and the who’s make a fuck ton of racket so he has to deal with heir noise pollution
>ontop of all of this, the who’s have lost their way and have commercialized Christmas. No time for families. No time for fun. Just brainwashed into buying more.

All he wanted was to be left alone, and when he couldn’t achieve that, he fought them. He isn’t a bad guy in the movie, he’s literally mistreated and acts out because of it. The Who’s are way worse than him, and yet he saves them all anyway

Huh. Not a bad choice actually.

The who's being bad people doesn't make the Grinch a good person. But beyond that we're talking about Jim Carrey acting a role and regardless of whatever life lessons the character goes through Carrey still plays the Grinch as an over the top villian for most of the movie.

Sonic is always a B-movie plot, Eggman is the best thing about the series and always was. Hope we get a Boom Eggman reference.

I just want a proper sequel for the mask, is that too much to ask?

He's played by an OLD Jim Carrey. Jim hasn't been good since the 90's. And he wasn't alright since the 00's. I mean his comedic potential, he still does dramatic roles fine.

>Sequel adapts "Hunt for Green October"
>The little girl gets the Mask and essentially becomes an overexaggerated cartoon parody of Hit-Girl or Panda
Would you see it?

Jim Carrey sucks and the only reason you think he's good in the trailer is because everything else was just that much worse. Still doesn't excuse that he acts like a sperg throughout the trailer and might as well be playing himself.

I bet we get Tails after credits

>I Am Sonic!

>mfw the entire trailer

Attached: bb0e8cbacae1c8a656341bdb47abfaab70eceabb0a8b2e0b781f709fb0903483.jpg (225x255, 11K)

This

Attached: garry chalk Sonic The Hedgehog (2019) - Official Trailer - Paramount Pictures.png (1269x540, 478K)

>Gary Chalk is in the Sonic movie

Jesus dude, nice catch. Admittedly, his Robotnik in Underground was a little forgettable, but it wasn't a bad performance. It just sounded awkward because they recycled Robotnik's SatAM design and any voice but Jim Cummings' coming out of that design would sound wrong.

Nah, it's jim fucking carrey

That's funnier than anything that will actually be in the movie with said dynamic

It worked great for the alternate universe Robotnik, the one with the mohawk haircut.

Why does this remind me of Suicide Squad?

Weird but doesn't seem as abysmal as the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. Or the Smurfs film. My god, why are there so many live action abominations?

Never played halflife i see

Sonic x was amazing but whatever

But the joke was the weire robotic movement and sound effects he did, like that guy in Grandmas Boy. The "translation" was just a way of introducing that guy as his assistant, not supposed to be the joke.

Holy fuck user what a fantastic idea

Atlas is lifting a celestial sphere on his shoulders, not earth.

He was condemned to hold up the sky.

Amish paradise was more expensive I guess

>HE WAS A GOOD BOY, HE DINDU NUFFIN

If it is they wouldn't have shown it for the trailer

Spoilers have been floating around forever that line up with everything we've seen in trailers that way it's a post-credits scene.

Because of the word "suicide"

He's objectively the best character in everything.

Attached: furry menace.png (230x293, 121K)

>he doesn't know Count Olaf's fate in the books

>every film blogger has already typed out the headline "Jim Carries New Movie" and is just waiting for the all clear to post it

Memes.

Attached: 1556587678749m.jpg (1024x420, 41K)

Cable Guy? Batman Forever? How the Grinch Stole Christmas? A Series of Unfortunate Events?

I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting one, too.

Ironically, Edward Nygma was better than The Riddler in that film. If he had just been Nygma the whole film it would've been better. The Riddler portions felt pointless since he never even confronts Batman until the end.

>the second to last episode is him telling Chris that he's looking forward to never seeing him in any of Sonic's future adventures

Hell yes.

THE STORY BEGINS
WITH "WHO'S GONNA WIN?"

Is that true? That's hilarious!

Attached: IMG_6703.gif (800x450, 795K)

>"You're the one who's lying to yourself. You don't wanna accept the truth. Deep down, you know once Sonic is gone, your life will have to go back to the way it was before. Your days of adventure are at an end, boy, just like your friendship with that hyper-annoying hedgehog. All your dreams have been shattered, haven't they? Life is like that, kiddo. Take it from somebody who knows! Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down! But on the bright side, at least you and I won't have to see each other ever again."

PINGAS

People are figuring this out now?

Attached: 2.gif (400x304, 770K)

The issue was that time was about to stop for the universe, right?

Yep.

This is correct. Especially after they've seen how unpopular the movie will be, making any chance for a sequel unlikely.

I dont understand Robotnik as a character but I never read the comics
Like whats his problem really why cant he just nuke sonics island from orbit or something or just ignore him and go conquer the rest of the universe

In Unleashed he mentions that he likes challenging himself, though that was probably a comment to save face about the fact that he left all of the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic's hands.

obsession

You know I will forgive the Sonic movie if they have Jim Carrey do a cover of a Long John Baldry

youtube.com/watch?v=Bj_lZ4hkJd8

Attached: robotnik_2.png (773x973, 152K)

And in Archie's Sonic X continuity, Sonic and his friends never left Chris's world and pretty much stayed there forever.

Oh right the 7 mcguffins, that makes sense that hed want them and oh no they just happen to be guarded by furries.
He seems pretty capable without them though.

It'd be best if he hammed it up while leveraging that ham as sociopathic seasoning for his crimes against humanity. Like how the villain from the first Kingsmen was an eccentric freak which played well with his sinister motives.

Outstanding. That made my night - cheers, user!

Attached: IMG_9674.jpg (234x215, 6K)

Deem Bristow still defined the modern version of him though, being his first voice in the games, and voicing him in what is still probably the most popular Sonic game(Adventure 2).

The villain is always played by the superior actor.
Star Wars had Peter Cushing to Mark Hamill, Batman had Jack Nicholson to Michael Keaton, Spider-Man had Michael Keaton to Tom Holland.

>come at me Archie nerds
@ U

A good hero needs a greater villain to shine

Yeah I lost my motivation halfway through that post, but that was generally my target.

>movie about hedgehog who likes running
>whose enemy is a goofy dude with goofy glasses
>not past time paradise

>Attention Bajoran workers
>PINGAS

Attached: abw.png (692x530, 384K)

I'VE DECIDED TO ANNOUNCE
I'VE DECIDED TO ANNOUNCE
MY
RETIREMENT

Carrey has been out of the comedy game for quite a while after all. Maybe he'll hit his comedic stride eventually, but honestly it's hard for me to imagine him rekindling the old spark.

I especially dislike video game characters coming to the live-action real world, since it gives me unpleasant flashbacks to the Super Mario Bros Movie.

Me, Myself and Irene, technically

PINGAS

Wasn't this before they go to Sonic's world?

Yeah.

I APPEAR TODAY
I I APPEAR APPEAR TODAY
TO MAKE A
HISTORIC ANNOUNCEMENT
HISTORIC HISTORIC ANNOUNCEMENT

Attached: hedgehog.jpg (875x619, 227K)

Can someone edit him to look like Dick Dastardly?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Is it me or carrey looks way younger?

TOMORROW I’LL

I now want to see a half life adaptation with Jim carrey as Gordon

Or better yet, Gman

Would she love EggCarrey

Attached: CE174874-F80E-435E-9ABF-D395DA628F0E.jpg (208x208, 17K)

>Count Olaf
Underrated performance. Neil Patrick Harris was a fucking embarrassment, and I really, really wish they just brought back Carrey.

I'm gonna need some sauce on that

The script for this movie was garbage, but Woody's design was great, and so was the animation. I wish Sonic had taken inspiration from this movie.

Olaf was out for revenge. That makes him sympathetic, yes, but he's still a villain, because the Baudelaire parents were already fucking dead, and their kids were not in any way involved in the murder of Olaf's parents.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=phj0vLYGdn4&t=8m10s
Why would i lie to you?

Attached: BATTITS.png (671x495, 472K)

>CGI so badly incorporated that lighting and shadows are casting a different direction on Woody to the rest of the scene
Jesus Christ. This had a budget of about 10p, didn't it?

>Jim Carrey is an antivaxxer to fight "autism"
>Chris-Chan is massively autistic
>Jim Carrey is playing Eggman in a Sonic movie
>Chris-Chan is in love with all things Sonic

Guys I think the singularity is real...

They probably just had a shitty compositor/post team. Woody himself looks pretty good. It's amazing how CGI is only as strong as the weakest link in the team, one person fucking up can ruin the hard work of dozens of people.

Not really in the comics he at least moonlighted as a wrestler

Attached: 7-27-10_El_Gran_Gordo.jpg (300x487, 101K)

>Steven Universe impersonates Eggman...
>or is it the other way around
So yeah, El Gran Gordo vs Tiger Millionaire, who would win?

Oh El Gran Gordo all day everyday son man could get any lady if he wanted to, kids adore him and animals envious him just look at Chris's dad absolute cuck.

Attached: bfp928.jpg (552x799, 128K)

>yfw you realize the classic Sonic games take place in a post apocalyptic earth where furries dominate the entire planet and Eggman is the last member of the human resistance

Attached: 1514167011097.jpg (690x470, 280K)

He wants to kill Sonic like we do

Attached: eggman clone.jpg (800x600, 86K)

Because the endgame Eggman is Punished Robotnik, the Man who lost his World.

this.

Attached: 850.png (640x480, 659K)

We are already getting so much great content just from a trailer
>youtu.be/-wNbMwKWDtA

TEAM FURAFFINITY FUCKED MY WIFE SO I'M GOING TO FUCK THE EARTH

I'M GONNA PISS ON THE MOON

>All this talk about Jim Carrey
Movie's fucked yo

This. Ever since he revealed himself to be a bluepilled libcuck I lost all respect for him.

>Have we figured out yet how is it that Eggman is automatically the best thing about most sonic Media?
Because it's a very low bar to beat.

Eggman is all about the challenge. There’s even an issue where he reveals that he could’ve taken down Sonic and friends any time he felt like it, but figured it would give him something to do. He even outright beats Sonic shortly after.

Attached: 0683E2AE-E57F-4543-AB2E-718BD37F9628.jpg (670x1024, 118K)

He is. He’s even made tech that can counter Chaos energy.

Eggman is sort of like the Joker, in that what thrills him is the battle. He could effectively wipe out everything ten times over, but that doesn’t bring him joy.

What chance do we have of Jim Carrey Eggman saying "SnooPINGAS usual I see."

>bluepilled
you mean Sonicpilled?

No, as in he's a dumb lib faggot who won't stop crying about Trump because he's too stupid to understand Trump

BASED

SnooPINGAround /pol/ as usual, I see.

>Sonic x was amazing
I know Sonic fan standards are pretty low but c'mon dude.

Wait is that who I think it is with Chalk? Smallville's Slade "who's beyond Death's stroke?"

Friendly reminder that Robotnik is a feminist.

>SONIC THE HEDGEHOG
>YOU STARTED THIS WAR

Attached: 378px-SR-npc-General_Tullius.jpg (378x599, 68K)

>he'll carry
More like he'll Carrey the movie, to the fuckin' dumpster. He sucks

god the Egg Grapes might be one of the most fucked up things in the history of comic books meant for kids

So is knuckles

casual

Attached: 1529456927299.jpg (1508x849, 76K)

WHAT'S ON?

I had no idea Sonic had "fans". It's just a video game for kids.

Jim Carrey is an anti-vax that turned his girlfriend to suicide by secretly infecting her with 5 stds and hasn't had a good movie in 20 years

Nigger said "Like a glove" and nobody mentions The Mask?

>This is Amy, i'd recommend not getting hit by her hammer.

do note I specifically noted comics meant for kids, there's definitely stuff way more fucked up in comics outside that range

Besides the first and last, the std stuff was actually BS.

mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/how-cathriona-white-forged-medical-11952643

Well that's just Grounder

Eggman is the best character in literally anything he's in

Attached: 1556740594307.png (593x389, 232K)

>NONE SHALL QUESTION ORANGE MAN.

I think its hilarious that no matter how much people hate this trailer, everyone seems convinced that they're gonna try and shoot for making a sequel.

Even if they make enough money to do that, I'm pretty sure SEGA would tell them to go fuck themselves at this point.

>ORANGE MAN BAD

It wouldn't be fun to just nuke everyone. The one continuity where he did that ended up with him being bored out of his mind and eventually dimension hopping to a world where he had died so he could continue fucking with everyone again.

He was a great Count Olaf. I didn't like that movie much when I was a kid but rewatching it again, I was way into Carrey's performance. He captured exactly what I always thought the Count would be like when I read the books. NPH's performance is okay but it doesn't quite reach that achievement.

This isn't exactly something they snuck up on Sega. If Sega had the capacity for shame or enough taste to recognize that a sequel to this nonsense is uncalled for, they wouldn't have allowed the first movie to begin with.

Has SEGA ever, in their entire fucking lives, had good luck with Sonic television and movie adaptations? They seem to hate all of them except for Sonic X.

Even then I think they only like Sonic X because it wasn't made by baka gaijin.

Pretty much, yeah. Also I don't know if they even like it anymore, the last time I heard anyone from Sega or Sonic Team say anything positive about Sonic X was when it was still new. It's a decade and a half old at this point, so who knows if they still have any fondness for it.

>ave we figured out yet how is it that Eggman is automatically the best thing about most sonic Media?
Because villians are usually the best part of any fiction

Sonic Underground was weird

Yeah I had noticed that around the time the trailer came out. The majority of Sonic content is made by westerners, isn't it? We have four TV shows (SatAM, Adventures, Underground, Boom), three comics one of which was the longest running property based comic of all time (Archie, IDW, and Fleetway), and now we're making a live action Hollywood movie for the franchise.

Meanwhile, SEGA Japan put out one good OVA that they apparently hate and don't want to ever acknowledge again, a pretty mediocre anime, and a manga that I don't think even lasted a year.

Could it be stated that westerners care more about Sonic than Japanese fans? Even the most recent successful game, Sonic Mania, seems to have a production cast made up predominately of westerners.

Batman Forever was a commercial hit movie zoomer

>That time Eggman killed almost all of the Archie Sonic protagonist cast in an extremely painful way to power inefficient batteries just because the entertainment value of their suffering was greater than the economic value of efficiently harvesting power.

CURSED

Attached: 1432879430918.png (500x379, 108K)

>Alfred Molina should’ve been Eggman.
stop
STOP
don't do this to my heart

Attached: sadcboycat.png (750x673, 491K)

>Trailer released, Everyone literally falls into the trap set by Paramount and the movie's Director to get everyone talking with a conception design.
>A day later the Director says they're changing the design, though in reality we've already seen the final design with leaked artwork.

Attached: The real design.jpg (1920x1077, 156K)

>Could it be stated that westerners care more about Sonic than Japanese fans?
Pretty much, yeah. He's never been as big in Japan as he is in the US, and that was partially by design. It's no coincidence that Sonic's look is heavily Felix/Mickey inspired and his primary colors are those of the American flag.

You see how fond people are of the one tiny snippet of OG eggman we got in the trailer?
They really should've said fuck the human element of the movie and gone full hammy with it

Because writers are only allowed to have fun with the villain while the heroes are forever stuck with the "2cool4school" shtick. Because these plots are often really just driven by a "villain does something" premise meaning the good guys are almost constantly passive

Remember Amazing Spider-Man 2?

That still looks shitty and uncanny though, if that ended up being the real design it'd still be a shitshow.

The budget is pretty low, which I'm guessing is the reason they went with live action set in the real world, with a largely human cast and Sonic being the only fully CGI character. Basically the same reason the Masters of the Universe movie took place almost entirely on Earth.

Eggman is savage.

a manga?

Like Iznogoud

Exactly. He'll do his Jim Carrey shtick, doing the three faces he does and elongaaaaating some syllables. He won't play eggman.

This. The man's a fucking legend and is pretty much the only consistently likable character in this series.

Sonic is only alive today thanks to the american furry movement.

Westerners care way more about Sonic but Sega hates Westerners so they have Japanese people who don't like Sonic or understand why Westerners like him manage their brand and expressly forbid westerners from having any influence on them

I can understand gaijin hate to an extent but youd think people in charge of sonic would be people that like the property and thus likely like american cartoons as well since anthropomorphic stuff is a million times more popular in the west than in Japan

DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAT

Attached: tip fedora.jpg (640x480, 64K)

Look up the history of the 32X/Saturn launches. Sega Japan had Sega America develop and launch the 32X in the US and then undercut their announcement by premiering the Saturn at the same time, all to make Sega America look bad. And Sega Japan had a hateboner for Sega America because the Genesis/Mega Drive sold better in the US than in Japan and they felt like they were losing a competition with themselves, somehow.

Sega Japan has never been very savvy. We recollect how great they were in the 90s, but that greatness was exclusive to the West. All those memorable ad campaigns and tremendous marketing concepts were created by Sega America. In Japan, Sega was never a contender, not even in the 90s. They were that decade's Xbox in terms of the Japanese console market.

Because he goes too far and has no restraint. Eggman works because he shifts gears from calm to irate to overbearing to raging. Jim's already overdoing his character in the calmed possible situation.

>but that greatness was exclusive to the West
I dont know, the saturn JP exclusives library of games is pretty sick.

I did know about Sega Japan vs sega america stuff but its the current year and you got bought by sammy holdings anyways, time to grow the fuck up

WRONG

Eggman's deal is:

A. I want to be loved by everyone.
B. I want to prove I am the greatest man to ever exist.
C. I want to be engaged at all times.

He doesn't actively try to kill people because it's boring and he's have less future admirers, but he doesn't mind if his newest plan inadvertently ends 90% of all life because it helps him out.

>Jim hasn't been good since the 90's. And he wasn't alright since the 00's.
So basically he’s a perfect fit for a Sonic movie then?

Ok, but what if this is the third act instead of sequel bait?

Robotnik feels like a legacy character from a much better franchise that Sonic spun off from, where they decided to keep him in as a means of attracting some of the old audience, because they knew how popular he was.
Only there is no older franchise that he came from. He feels so completely different from the rest of the Sonic series it honestly doesn't feel like he was intended to be a part of it. That's why he's the best character in everything Sonic-related, he might as well not be a Sonic character.

Attached: Considerthefollowing.gif (500x374, 494K)

If he was just another furry but just evil it wouldnt have anywhere near the same effect.

Listen you fucking idiot, that was from ace Ventura.
Know your Carrey before shitposting

Sonic and Eggman have similar levels of genius put into their characters from a design/marketing perspective, you just don't notice with Sonic because he's the straight man. The real issue with the franchise is terrible game design and awful scripts. The cast in concept is the perfect perpetual children's comic/cartoon, but nobody has ever given enough of a shit to write it well.

He was supposed to be the protagonist according to very old concept art of Sonic the Hedgehog 1

He was conceived of as the protagonist before Sonic. When Sonic was made they liked him so much they made him the villain.

What were the Egg Grapes?

I’m confused. Are Eggman and Robitnik the same character or not?

I kinda want to see the next animated Eggman be more like Carrey

>you either get forgotten as a hero or stay in development long enough to become the villain

ERROR
Eggman is not the best thing in most Sonic media. Metal Sonic is.

>Metal Sonic is.

He's essentially been supplanted by Shadow as the go-to for "Sonic's evil doppelganger". We don't need Metal anymore.

Ivo Robotnik was his name in localized English materials. The Japanese name was always Dr. Eggman. The English scripts for the 3D games bridged the gap by making Eggman his supervillain name.

Except Shadow has become "that guy who shows up when shit gets real." Metals still the nemesis while Knuckles is the friendly rival.

Doctoru Eggumanu*

Same here. RIP

Post said art I cant find it

>Except Shadow has become "that guy who shows up when shit gets real." Metals still the nemesis while Knuckles is the friendly rival.

"And I'M just happy to be here!"

Attached: untitled.png (250x318, 137K)

i don't give a shit about this movie but it'd be hilarious to see them make jim carrey allude to pingas in the script

Eggman/Robotnik was also originally going to be Teddy Roosevelt in a game about Teddy's adventures in dreamland.

Attached: untitled.png (180x252, 70K)

Is eggman the only human in the original series? How did he end up in furry world?

Robotnik being visually based on TR is part of the reason his design is so great. Teddy just had the most endearing fucking face.

Attached: Teddybotnik.jpg (842x1024, 657K)

Oh hey it's the mailman from that predator movie!

It works and it doesn't, in a way. Teddy Roosevelt was a big game hunter, so it made sense to have him as a villain constantly trying to kill a heroic animal. But Teddy Roosevelt was also a conservationist who implement the national park system in the US to preserve our environment, whereas Robotnik wants to turn all animals into machines and build factories everywhere.

But the Teddy Roosevelt link is so esoteric and forgotten at this point, it doesn't really matter.

Yeah I 'm not talking about thematically, although I kind of get what they were going for there. His design in general is just great because Teddy had such a distinctive look already. I think it's part of the reason his political cartoons are so neat, even artists at the time recognized how distinct he looked.

Attached: This nigga huge.jpg (1920x1080, 146K)

It’s not his politics that are the issue. No matter what side of the spectrum he’s on, Carrey is a batshit insane narcissist who has supported some movements both sides rightfully find atrocious. And he’s never backed down.

I think some of the earliest, earliest sonic stuff implied he was from another world of another part of the world and he’d mechanized all of his natural resources, so he was rolling up into Sonic’s neck of the woods to mechanize his instead

It certainly works for a "loveable villain" look. Teddy was a big game hunter but he always looked so jolly and fun. It makes Robotnik likeable even when he's the antagonist of the story (which is why I've never cared for the Ultra Grim Dark Edgy Murderlord Robotnik versions that SatAM and some of the American comics tend to go for).

Is Robotnik an incel

>Early games
Sonic and pals are in remote wilderness, Eggman is a metaphor for big industry.
>Modern games
There's a human and animal "world," whether this is just regions, planets, or alternate dimensions is unclear.

Isn't the current canon also that the "classic" Sonic games (pre-Adventure) and the "modern" Sonic games (Adventure and forward) in separate universes and not part of the same timeline?

They flip flop on it.
The gist is Sega originally made a distinction to market Generations, but now treats them as different IP to milk anyone who licenses Sonic. Now comics/movies/shows have to pay up twice if they want to use anything pre-Adventure and post-Adventure concurrently. It's disgusting.

I HATE MINORITIES

Other humans appear in the "Man of the Year" short in Sonic Jam. Think of it like Dragon Ball, where there's just humans and animal-esque people who coexist

Robotnik is the guy that turns the population into robots

SegaSammy hates fun. And they're close to becoming like Konami

Sonic is only alive today because he's a mascot with attitude.

Sega Japan wanted to market their games to the coveted Japanese Youth Market, but didn't know how to appeal to them. Part of Sega America's success is that they knew how to sell their product, only failed because of Sega Japan's crab mentality.

But that's what makes Eggman so great. He's pretty much a big game hunter AND a robber baron who uses science to make animals into wage slaves.

Jim better eat eggs at some point in the movie

general tulius

The one time he thought he killed Sonic, he got uncharacteristically somber.

He doesn't want to KILL Sonic, he wants to beat him and lord it over him for eternity.

Apparently that's a mistranslation of "womanizer", but honestly I like it better.

>First thing Eggman does after taking over the world is mandating equal pay rates.
>Second thing is inventing a machine to fuck every animal to death

Roboticization was my first real brush with body and existential horror

That's literally pre-reboot Archie canon.

You have to eat all the eggs, Sonic.

He says he's gonna kill him and attempts to in several games.
He just wants to fail and merely beat Sonic.

>People want to talk about the movie, but nobody cares about the comics.
It hurts.

Energy-draining prisons for captured Mobians, used as a replacement for roboticization after Eggman found that he couldn't re-roboticize those who were already hit before.