Ever consider the fact that strong confident female characters are threatening to your fragile masculinity...

Ever consider the fact that strong confident female characters are threatening to your fragile masculinity? Like literally every “suggestion” I’ve heard to make her a “better” character are just attempts to make her less threatening.

>S-She needs to struggle!
>She needs to smile more!
>She needs to show weakness!
>She needs to be helped by a man!

Nobody ever asks this of Superman, Batman, or Punisher.

Attached: 1A6295B8-D816-485A-8C6E-EF7646DCE9D5.jpg (960x570, 51K)

have sex

I agree. That should be the suggestion for all Carol haters.

I literally have no idea who this is
All I know of is the report button

You might have a point user, but people say that shit about Superman, and batman all the fucking time.
You should have picked a better list of hero's to illustrate your point.

People call superman boring all the time. One-Punch Man is an entire show dedicated to calling superman boring. You're trying to cherry pick and not even doing a good job of it.

Yes, because Superman is a charming, unflappable ray of hope. The other 2 show struggles and weakness all the damn time.

You mean Carol supports
There’s a reason they support Captain Marvel, a proven pro-nazi propaganda film

>Nobody ever asks this of Superman
Are retarded? Literally EVERYONE asked for Superman to smile. It was one of the biggest complaints of the DCEU. But okay, go ahead and revise history.

All characters need to struggle at some point, you gigantic shill.
Just look at Alita, that was a good character. If the character is good, nobody would fuckin care about their sex.

Also
>"nobody asks this of Sup, Bat or Puni"
Now I know that's a troll because all those three character actually suffered a lot.

>no one asked Superman to smile more
So are we pretending the media and youtubers weren’t bitching that’s Superman didn’t smile enough in MoS and BVS?

I like how Carol haters are so desperately trying to appropriate our responses to them because they know it’s true.

Attached: 87D3EA9E-E1F5-47A3-B94B-BE83EFD70D36.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

>complains about people calling their character OP
>proceeds to rattle off every OP character in some sort of defense

>the fact
It’s not a fact
The only fact here is that Carol was written and acted with very little humanity. There’s almost nothing to suggest Carol has her own thoughts, likes, dislikes, habits, insecurities, beliefs, or even feelings. She reminded me a lot of Snyder Superman
>needs to smile more
Nobody says this about her
>show more weakness
See above: weakness is a human trait. Even Tony, the main character of the MCU shows weakness and flaws in Endgame

Superman's and Batman's popularity has fallen to the wayside since the MCU managed to ground it's hero's into a realm of reasonable vulnerability, and the Punisher's street level. Even Thor manages to be far more endearing than his far more omnipotent comic counterpart.

The issue with Carol is that she feels like a DCEU character in the MCU and is bringing all the negativity that comes with that notion with her.

>Appropriation
The only appropriation going on is you holding Hollywood hostage to spew your white supremest films like Captain Marvel. Sorry I actually view Jews and minorities as people and don’t support films that glorify the idea of an all-powerful Aryan race

>strong confident female characters
based
>captain marvel
unbased

There is literally nothing wrong with DCEU superman

Batman has a nemesis dedicated to telling him to smile more.

Attached: Good News.jpg (470x293, 62K)

You're right. 100%. I'm threatened by Brie Larson/Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel. You know why?
Because she represents the idea that men and women aren't the same species. That men can never understand women. That men are the enemy race. That there will never be and should never be a meaningful dialogue or comradeship between the sexes. That there's nothing natural between men and women other than hate.

And that prospect terrifies me very much.

Attached: Kruschev.png (800x508, 209K)

>Nobody ever asks this of Superman, Batman, or Punisher
Yes, nobody has said Man of Murder is too dour and needs to have some boyscout charm added in.

This
Carol is the best and she knows it
All the incel seething in the world can't change it

Attached: 1556213760796.png (1280x1804, 2.19M)

>Nobody ever asks this of Superman, Batman, or Punisher.
Cause they have those very things happening already

>Make a thread about Alex Hirsch asking if you like him as a writer and are looking forward to his Netflix shows
>Gets deleted in .2 seconds
>Blatant /pol/ bait thread
>Will probably hit bump limit

i just want her to /ss/ Parker desu

I don’t get what Carol is motivated by honestly
I don’t get the sense that she enjoys anything, she only dislikes things less

>Nobody ever asks this of Superman, Batman, or Punisher
>nobody ever asks this
>of Superman

7/10, made me reply

if Thor had Stormbreaker in Thor 1, he would be a boring Hero, his struggle to achieve the level he was at in Infinity War & lose it in End game is what makes him compelling

Captain Marvel got stronger than Thanos with little struggle, her binary form should have been saved for Captain Marvel 2, it's like Goku going Super Saiyan against Raditz, too soon

Why isn't there a report category for "shitty reposted bait thread"?

Attached: Sucks.png (231x260, 132K)

Weak bait. And yes, having proper struggling/opposition is important

A big question often is where is super woman when there is a Superman? What you need to understand here is that Lois Lane is his superwoman, she tenacious, bullheaded strong willed and laser focused on her story regardless of what danger it puts her into. She does this not because she has a big strong man to protect her at the end of the dsy(though that does allow her to get more reckless) she does it because that’s who she is, it’s what she thinks is right. I understand the frustration that you think that because you don’t get to see women punch people through buildings and get into hard to follow cgi feats you don’t think there is respect for women in these stories. But there is and always has been, it’s just not perfect which again I understand.

To sum it up a bit better in most male superhero tales the woman is there to support the hero, to help him accept himself and the things he can do to help everyone. And in the typical woman superhero tale the man is merely an obstical to overcome, a block to remove to allow the woman to find herself to spite him

>Make thread wanting to discuss vintage cartoons
>Like everything here someone says they want to fuck them in the replies
>Thread gets nuked for this one comment because they are animal characters

>everything is checkers, pure black and white
nah dude, you're deluded

the formula sucks and the introduction sucks more

whatever could be done to save her character can't be done now

B or C list character status is going to brand her forever, they made a fucking johna hex movie before her... even swamp thing was remade once

shits boring as fuck to watch, women don't like action movies and she's an action hero trying to get the makers a buck before she fizzles out like she was meant to be (they intended this)

so they went to the formula of "this is the womans heroine" stuff rather than make a movie for everyone, and that doesn't mean showing skin or "smiling" they just didn't care to make more than one movie and be a part of the war she was written into a long time ago

here's what they were thinking
>"do we REALLY have to have her in? I guess we have to make a movie for her or they will be pissed... I know, lets do that formula thing that dykes and butches love so it pays for itself and release it shortly before the big bang movie, also lets pick an actress that can film in THREE MOVIES AT THE SAME TIME and wear her out in the process" (fucking her acting ability up)

I honestly feel sorry for that actress. Her big debut hero that will stop her from being in any other hero movie as a different heroine is her "titanic staple" she cant pull away from, they made her fuck around in three shitstains in the process without resting or building the character beyond some gym work and a bunch of people telling her what to do.

fuck this shit, she would've gladly cut her hair and wore chest inserts for the role

I wish people stopped pretending that Brie is attractive.

>Perfect ss spidey weg game
>C. Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Mantis, Shuri and MJ are dateable
>Black Widow, Pepper, Hope (+ michelle pfeiffer trio), Maria hill, Valkyrie and drunk Aunt May are fuckable but not dateable
>Morgan, Lila and Akira are loli optional
>Hela, Proxima midnight, Gamora (+ Nebula trio) and Ayesha are fuckable villainess.

Attached: spidey.png (242x332, 213K)

Attached: ALL NEW MCU.jpg (545x854, 47K)

Attached: 1556757215899.jpg (691x766, 90K)

>it's a Yea Forums replies to bait episode
this will go in my capefags are retarded compilation

also Yea Forums faggots should be executed

I liked how arrogant and headstrong she was, they really managed to capture how Carol is in the comics just coming off as a self centered hot shit

I don't think you understand OPM considering the protagonists of his other manga are equally powerful

>Captain Monica and Warbird
I'd take it.

So, Monica then? Photon or whatever the fuck she’s calling herself these days.

>The issue with Carol is that she feels like a DCEU character in the MCU and is bringing all the negativity that comes with that notion with her.

shit i kinda see it now.

Attached: man teacup oh shit.jpg (640x634, 38K)

>having an interesting character is a sign of fragile masculinity
no one wants to watch two hours of superman fly through ships with no conflict so why would we want to watch captain bitch do it?

It's Spectrum right now, I think.

>Ever consider the fact that strong confident female characters are threatening to your fragile masculinity?
This is always bullshit logic to me.

Sci-fi, Horror, and anime has always had strong confident well written female characters.

Further proof Captain Marvel is a white supremacist film
Incels are seething that Carol is a nazi figure

>Ever consider the fact that strong confident female characters are threatening to your fragile masculinity? Like literally every “suggestion” I’ve heard to make her a “better” character are just attempts to make her less threatening.

I’d say most of the valid complaints about her want to make her relatable instead of less threatening.

>S-She needs to struggle!
Yes, actually. She should struggle because that makes characters grow. Instead she pretty much breezed through anything thrown in her path, either emotional or physical. This happens to any good character, male or female.
>She needs to smile more!
I’ll agree this isn’t necessarily a valid complaint.
>She needs to show weakness!
I wouldn’t say this complaint is a physical weakness, but emotional vulnerability. Pretty much all of the MCU heroes do have an emotional vulnerability that makes them more relatable and human, but Carol is just sort of cocky through the entire movie. I’m not sure if this is because of Brie Larson herself, or what the directors wanted from her, but I never got the impression of Carol having any vulnerability.
>She needs to be helped by a man!
She was helped by men in the movie though. Both Fury and Talos help her. Carol never seems particularly grateful for their help, but again she was just cocky through 99% of the movie.

Like 99% of the complaints of the DCEU Superman are similar to this.

>Nobody ever asks this of Superman
That's like the biggest complaint of Superman. Most people will say he is unlikable and unrelatable.

Hell, it's the reason that Superman being the villain tends to be the most successful comic.

>"Maybe if this character had some similar traits to male characters we like, people would appreciate her more"
>MUH FRAGILE MASCULINITY
Here's a (you) anyway

Characters who don't face challenges are boring, nigger.

Or she's just a massive cunt

Ah, so I see you havent actually read any superman comics thy were published before All Star Superman.

He is most definitely not those things you mentioned. There are plenty of great arcs where he loses hope and where he is flawed and makes mistakes.

Man of Steel
Whatever Happened to Truth, Justice, and The American Way
Ending Battle
Death and Return

just to name a few. Hope you one day read some of them, newfag.

>Whatever Happened to Truth, Justice, and The American Way
>arcs where he loses hope and where he is flawed and makes mistakes

The whole point of that story is "Superman is right, fuck you you british prick"

Ever consider the fact that you like a product because a company told you to like it?

Yes.

>Superman is too strong
>YOU DONT UNDERSTAND SUPERMAN, ITS FINE IF HIS STRUGGLES ARENT RELATED TO HIS POWERS

>Carol is too strong
>yep I absolutely agree, she's overpowered

Nah there are better more interesting female characters in the MCU
Carol is boring, like a Superman with even less of a character and more of a plot device

>Punisher
>Not struggling

You don't read a lot of Punisher, do you?

I believe the issue is that Carol, so far, hasn't struggled, altho that's less girl-power and more "Carol only had 1 movie where she was introduced and a movie where she wasn't the main focus so far"

OP doesn't read a lot of anything because it's some cunt from Yea Forums

To be fair, people would have actually had to see Alita’s movie in order to care about her

Eh, he's pretty boring and dry.

Catol's Black friend who's name I forget was pretty cool. I unironically wish she got the powers instead.

>Nobody says this about her

We’re you just not using the internet when the first Captain marvel trailer dropped?

That’s literally all the internet couldn’t shut the fuck up about for like the following couple of WEEKS.

Says the person who got triggered by the Star Wars comic.

Triggered by a Star Wars comic where a scab-stealing, cape-huffing creepo got her comeuppance.

She might get interesting fighting impossibly powerful aliens like Annihilation Annihilus and Galactus. As for the comics, call Mr Starlin.

People don't like her because it's a new character showing up out of no where and being called the strongest with no struggle or journey to get to become the Strongest
>IS IT BECAUSE SHE"S FEMALE????
Carol posting should honestly be flagged for spam because all Carol posters to this shit and try to incite flame wars to defend their shitty character

>t. incel

Ever consider the fact that subtle nuanced female characters presented with flaws and struggles they overcome are threatening to your fragile femininity?

Attached: CaQMDS0WAAEbZum.jpg (485x335, 17K)

>Captain Poochie.

Attached: Poochie.jpg (720x480, 25K)

she's a Goddess and the new Marvel face, not even 10000000000000 hater tears will change that, she's our Goddess and the future

Attached: perfectqueen.jpg (749x742, 60K)

bait, but true

a better character to use as an example would have been captain america

>men and women aren't the same species
>there will never be and should never be a meaningful dialogue or comradeship between the sexes
>there's nothing natural between men and women other than hate
But this is absolutely and objectively true, user.

speak for yourself tranny

Attached: e9d.jpg (600x600, 18K)

op mcgee is just a mary sue.

>Carol posters
You and I both know it's just ONE solitary Carol fan sameposting. Nobody else here actually likes Carol.

>S-she needs to struggle!
Yes, of course she does. I refer you to the Galbrush Fallacy.

Attached: the galbrush fallacy.jpg (782x614, 149K)

Are you the user that told me Widow would die in endgame? How are you, old sport?

>Muh incels

Attached: 1488677571937.jpg (600x765, 102K)

lose weight

Nebula never smiles. Everyone like her.

That's because Nebula has a reason to not smile. If my life was complete shit, I'd probably not smile too often either.

>Ever consider the fact that strong confident female characters are threatening to your fragile masculinity
No, because this is a strawman. It wasn't until social justice warriors hit the scene that female characters suddenly became an issue. That's because they were intentionally turned into an issue by SJWs. Same thing with black characters. Things were going pretty well until you showed up.

nice bait

>Yet another moron trying to stir shit
>All these idiots trying to slide this into company wars

Or maybe, just maybe, a stiff and unremarkable character is getting an unwarranted push simply to get those fleeting woke dollars.

Great bait but I gotta say I don't have an issue with her. She seems just peachy to me. I'm glad she's not a glass canon, hell even Wonder Woman is a glass cannon if you hit her with anything sharp which is kinda stupid. I just want her flaw to maybe a something where she has to make a choice and it ends up being the wrong one, then she can suffer some confidence issues. Nothing that would make her weaker, but at the very least give the actress playing her something to actually act. Because like it or not comic books are mostly collected by people who're used to their female characters having something feminine about them.

I think if they simply show her being unsure of herself for about 20mins then that could go a long way helping people relate to her more. Like sure, she's hella powerful but even she can have doubts about the choices she makes. That said, I still like the character tons.

I would be content with someone teaching Larson to make more than just the one facial expression

>Superman
>Struggles with being Superman and humbles himself to be human and the fact he can't save veryone

>Batman
>Struggles with the death of his parents and his need to save his city

>Punisher
>Struggles with the death of his family and his need for revenge

>Carol
>......solved all her problems in one movie by getting her memories back stopping the Kree Empire and saving a bunch of refugees and is still an unfriendly bitch

Bitch, please, I wanted to see her more in Endgame.

They wasted a whole goddamn movie hyping her up only to backseat her for this movie because "she's too strong".

Well if she's too strong why the hell did you let her go binary in her own movie?

Gooood day Sir, I see that you have created a thread supporting Captain Marvel and I'm posting to inform that you have been awarded monies. Therefore I require your mouse bucks information details.

ALL YOUR SHITTERS, ALL YOUR SHITTERS.

Attached: 4203889533a5613998047l_400x400.jpg (400x400, 46K)

op people make those *exact* complaints about batman and supes

>he needs to struggle
have you not heard the anti-batgod jerks or the "sUpErMaN bAd BeCaUsE hE sTrOnG"
jerk?

>he needs to smile more
not word for word but people say that batman is too edgy and has no actual character since he's just "hrrrrggggg i hate.....the world......" which is effectively the same complaint. Also, literally EVERYONE hated the DCEU because Supes didn't smile.

>he needs to show weakness
refer to the first point

>he needs to be helped by a woman
people pretty routinely ask for more hero/heroine pair-ups, but not for supes or bats since DC actually has strong female characters. I understand that as a Marvel fan, you aren't used to that, but it's something that the DC verse doesn't have to worry about.

I get that i fell for the bait but I wanted to put my thoughts in writing anyway. Thanks for the new copypasta tho

I fucking love superheroines (because I love watching powerful beautiful girls kicking ass), but this Carol just doesn't do it for me. She's just boring in every way possible. No quips, no weak moments at all (that would've contrasted nicely with the powerful moments), nothing. Just an ultra-powerful demigod saving shit and not even flinching all day long. Contrast that with Captain America, and his iconic "I can do this all day" moment from his first solo movie. That's what Carol desperately needed.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 238K)

>boring character's do not sell
Well there's the problem really. Imagine a perfect world where you incels didn't gatekeep against boring characters. How much better the media industry would be. Why we could be SWIMMING in mass-produced empowered female characters and Mickey could finally take over America and destroy all you incels at last and we would live in a Disneytopia at last! But you fucking incels just won't have sex. Boring characters are the future, incels!

Being honest here, and trying my best to avoid the obvious bait of OP as well as the overwhelming sexism of the thread, Captain Marvel as a character is severely lacking. Much like Thor in his first two films, I get the feeling that no one really knows what Captain Marvel should be. Her most defining character trait is... confidence? Bravado? She's certainly competent in a fight, but none of that really makes her unique among the Avengers. I think her solo film actually skimmed over a very interesting development; namely that she was lied to by the person she trusted most and deceived into committing essentially war crimes against an entire race of people. She should carry that burden, feel the impact of what she's done, and develop as a character because of that. She needs a conflict of character and at the moment she has none. It's no wonder that the audience hasn't connected with her as strongly as Marvel wants to when she's essentially Iron Man with none of the pathos and an absurd power level.

Attached: .jpg (500x375, 34K)

how come she overlooked the dude trying to collect the infinity stones wouldnt that have been on her watchlist or dude genociding up planet after planet? to call her intro hamfisted would be putting it too lightly since none of her reasoning any sense.

Almost every character is a slight variation on "cocky, wisecracking quippy guy". It doesn't translate well when applied to a woman

I don't think that's necessarily the case, though I can see where you're coming from. But my point isn't for her to be more quippy or wisecrack more often. Rather to give her a personal, well developed arc that tells us more about Carol as a character. I actually think it'd be interesting to see her embody some of the same traits as Tony Stark in Iron Man 3, except instead of making suits she bounces planet to planet solving intergalactic battles to keep her mind off of her very real personal fears and anxieties. Anxieties of being inadequate, fears of developing meaningful connections, and maybe even a bit of meta-commentary about finding out who she really is. I dunno, I like her design and Brie Larson is a good actress when given good material. I just want to see Carol succeed in the MCU and make the mark Marvel so desperately wants her to make.

We're given it without asking

>equally powerful
Mob is actually established to have limitations to his power and meets adversaries that give him trouble. OPM practically spells out at the beginning that having no limitations nor challenging adversaries makes things boring.

>Whatever Happened to Truth, Justice, and The American Way

Attached: Dream-Speech.png (582x900, 1016K)

This isnt about carol and you know it. You have some deep seeded sick obsession with brie for some god awful reason. I gurantee all these carol 'fans' didnt even know who she was till the movie.

I would sign this just for the sake of chaos

It's not even about Brie.
It's about the iconography on merch.

Attached: CAStrip28Site.png (640x1324, 481K)

Bait yeah but here's one:

Make the Supreme Intelligence look like Maria. That way there's something, anything suggesting that their relationship was important to Carol, because she doesn't sell it at all.

fpbp

>OPM
>The story about how absolute power makes you boring, and your life depressing.
>Mob
>The story about how power doesn't matter, personal struggles and growth do.

Yeah someone doesn't get it

Captain Carol Cunt was the most shoehorned shit in this last phase. It is almost embarrassing to call these movies work of art with how blatant her involvement was at the end.

Literally, every other female character in the MCU is stronger than Carol.

It's not that people hate her because she's a woman.
It's because they wanted her to be better.

So you're saying all the carol defenders and 'have sex' posters are disney shills?

yes

doesn't batman regularly get his ass beat?
I recall the last batman movie had him getting snapped in half by bane