MCU is officially 11 years old today

MCU is officially 11 years old today

Attached: 11 years.png (2338x988, 949K)

Gross and good riddance, it's 11 years too old.

>Endgame Marvel Studios logo didn't do the Marvel Stud10s thing
lame.
I need to stop posting now, I've been rewatching the entire MCU before going to see Endgame for a second time.

Here's to another 11 years

wow i cant believe the MCU is old enough to have sex with now

Please no. I really hope superhero movies die down next decade.

I sincerely doubt that it'll last that long honestly. Even the zombie fad died eventually, over time the public just looses interest in things no matter how big they used to be.

Sorry meant to post this in the spongebob thread lol

This series has been around as long as I had been when Iron Man came out. Goddamn.

Seething

This fad technically started with Blade (or X-men or Spider-man if you want to count more suphero-y things) and hasn't lost steam. It'll probably dwindle in the next few years but I don't think it'll die all the way.

>tfw the MCU is older than you are

And tomorrow, this is 17 years old.

Attached: 220px-Spider-Man2002Poster.jpg (220x324, 32K)

It might hang on for another decade or two, but it'll eventually fall away and be seen as a product of its time. Cowboy movies lasted for decades too, and now you only get one or two cowboy movies every handful of years, mostly trying to reinvent the genre. No matter how big something is, it will inevitably fizzle out over time.

My kid brain was blown when I first saw this movie on release. It's so quaint and cheesy looking at it today.

>DC has their shit pushed in constantly by Marvel for 11 years
>End Game actually delivered

How can DCfags even recover?

Attached: i feel you.png (187x433, 162K)

It's funny to think how no one was really expecting much from Iron Man. I remember the thought was "Iron Man? Wow good luck with that."

I guess it all worked out.

Still waiting for Silver Surfer.

>11 years and Iron Man 1 still hasn't been topped

So the MCU is a loli now?

Nice.

Proving that comics are for faggots for 11 years.

I think once you hit two decades you're not a fad any more.

>Young kids don't even know how good was cinema before Marvel

Dang, it took forty or fifty years for zombies to die didn't it

Night of the Living Dead was 1968 so fifty or sixty

go to bed

I always wondered what contributed to the success of Iron Man when the guy wasnt as popular before? Video Games? Iphone? Or something else?

Good reviews, mainly. Most Marvel live-action movies flopped critically beforehand.

>This fad technically started with Blade
buddy there have been comics in film since the 50s, the fad started with film itself.

Yeah, adaptations of comic strip characters date back literally to the 1890s, with Ally Sloper getting his own movies.

Hate for superheroes goes back a long time too. Sterling North wrote articles condemning the medium in 1940. Also, there was a children's book series named Homer Price (one of those series about kids learning Important Life Lessons) which had a book in 1943 called "Case of the Cosmic Comic" which made fun of Superman as "Super-Duper" and portrayed him as the focus of countless live-action movies, with his actor being an effeminate weakling. This 'parody' pre-dated even the first Superman serial (1948), and given that the books were written in 1941 but not published until '43, it's possible that it even pre-dates Superman's radio show and theatrical cartoons.

So yeah, normies have been complaining about superhero movies quite literally before superhero movies even existed.

Attached: ShouldHaveBeenFetchingSupermanCreatures.png (792x578, 757K)

Not even Marvel was expecting much. They thought The Incredible Hulk would be their breakout hit of 2008.

Attached: Imagine.jpg (520x803, 98K)

The future of a potentially lucrative franchise was riding on it so they put in some effort and made it good, like Goldfinger and Wrath of Khan.

>tfw you were only 8 years old when you first saw iron man

It's mind blowing how I've been following the MCU for over half my life

*sips*

You're lucky user. Seriously. I dreamed all the time back in the 90s of living in a world with lots of superhero movies, when even shit like the Metropolis reference in Batman Forever got fans excited over potential crossovers, but things never seemed to work out for Marvel. Even getting X-Men and Spider-Man movies seemed incredible.

Now there's a whole generation who grew up with a Marvel Cinematic Universe. Say what you will about some of these movies, but that kinda warms my heart.

And yet they haven't made a single movie that surpassed it. Lol.

Yes. It is indeed quaint and cheesy.

It also doesn't have Spider-Man as Tony Stark's sidekick or an Aunt May who can still play a college sophomore.

wow, now it's legal to have sex with it

'yup. *sips*

Eight Crazy Nights was a good movie.

What made critics love the movie so much. Got to be something about Iron Man that get the critics crazy for it when it came out