”you watch anime user!? Cool !”

>”you watch anime user!? Cool !”

>” You Watch Cartoons user!? Lol your such a kid! xD “

Why is society like this Yea Forums ?

Attached: A01F7A0D-2899-4BD9-867B-C3650F7F56A6.jpg (731x591, 264K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yEvGd2-y-HU
youtu.be/WYjxBD23umo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not really no.
Animation can still be seen as kiddish by the public, but consider that watching something like Disney movies or vintage cartoon shorts is considered perfectly fine by adults. Meanwhile if you watch anime you’re seen as completely outcast laughingstock.

There is a severe lack of adult animation that isn't juvenile family guy like garbage.

>Meanwhile if you watch anime you’re seen as completely outcast laughingstock.
If you're watching normalfag friendly anime like dragon ball then it's fine. If you're watching any cute girls doing cute things slice of life, you'll be called a weeaboo regardless of the show.

Did somebody said... S O C I E T Y?

Attached: FB_IMG_1555479516370.jpg (468x474, 20K)

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY

it isn't really
the internet has really weirded out our perception of the big other

>when OP actually doesn't live in a society so has no idea what its like

Anime has mature subject matter like violence and sex that would be inappropriate for children. Cartoons are either aimed at children and silly, or if they're aimed at adults they are grossout comedies like Family Guy. With a few exceptions, like Castlevania, which ape anime.

Requesting Top Cat as The Joker

>mature subject matter like violence and sex
You keep telling yourself that. Also, shonenshit is literally intended for 10 year olds because the protagonists rarely have reasons for fighting beyond the power of friendship and I fight for my friends. You think cartoons have shallow writing? Take a look at shonenshit. Or some pretensions crap like lain.

Attached: 1436586932346.jpg (313x313, 27K)

>you watch anime user!? Cool!
This literally never happened, though.

Attached: 1529680246746.png (471x507, 237K)

In Japan, anime / manga is mostly made for teenagers / young adult+ while in the west cartoon is made for kids / teenagers +

That is why you see a staggering different in animation quality between the east and west.

Maybe you should get a job and stop living at home and start a family and then watch cartoons and anime

>That is why you see a staggering different in animation quality between the east and west.
I know. It’s almost embarrassing how inferior anime is. All those great theatrical shorts and movies the Wear made and all anime can bring to the table is Naruto

Because cartoons rarely try to bust out of their all ages comfort zone. It's a reasonable opinion for normalfags to take.

Literally no one but other weebs think anime is cool.

That weebs believe they are mature for having tiddies and blood it’s the reason they are mocked

in what universe is it cool to watch anime? also AT BH and RM are all accepted by normalfriends

They're mocked because they think cowboy bebop and neon genesis evangelion are good shows.

>tfw haven't been to America in two years
>mfw Japan still has normalfags and certain anime are considered "normie tier"
Anime is popular here, but everyone doesn't know every anime

you're right, anime should be shamed even more since at least cartoons are made or kids while anime is made for manchildren pedophiles

Anime / Manga has a more adult-like theme - gamble, violence, sex related fan-service, war....etc

>caring about what normalfags thing
Just like what you like. Learn more about what you like. Engage with other fans. Ignore retards.

Not really.
In my country the otakus are seeing like disgusting teens. There's not a lot of people who are actually into cartoons that aren't Steven Universe, Star, GF, R&M and Bojack. I usually discuss cartoons with a college friend and he refered to me as "someone with who can talk abou any topic all day"

Not that user, but normies opinion Is really important. If they think animation is a kid's think, then animation studios won't try any better.

"Anime" is a marketing term used specifically to sell Japanese animation to the west as something unique and different than other kinds of animation. So the reason they are separated is due to that marketing. Any person you meet who genuinely treats Japanese animation as different animation than something from anywhere else has bought into this idea and is not speaking for themselves but for the marketing they approve of.

If someone really argues one has a difference they simply do not know much about animation. The idea anime is more childlike is absurd and also the idea it is more mature is absurd. Europe was doing mature animation when Japan was still recovering from the second world fucking war. The states was perfecting children's animation when Japan was just getting into the game. To say any one nation's animation can be compared against the rest of the worlds is marketing lunacy.

Attached: Jester world.jpg (1920x1080, 1.11M)

>If you're watching any cute girls doing cute things slice of life, you'll be called a weeaboo regardless of the show.

No, you'll more likely be called a pedophile (and they'll probably be right.)

Are they wrong then?

You know the Japanese look down on Otakus too user? So much so that they say anything that isn't by that hack Miyazaki is just for sex obsessed teen boys.

Anime like one piece that the west creams itself for is also for kids.

>Weeb think their industry market is mature because sex and blood

Yeah, that's right, but the damage is done because there are people who think cartoons and anime like two fucking different things and think Wakfu and avatar are anime while aggretsuko isn't

>aggretsuko isn't
Nobody actually thinks aggretsuko isn't anime who isn't trolling.

Oh dear, if you only know...

Show me some if you're convinced they aren't trolling

Anime is still a valuable term to describe the complex and prolific subject of Japanese animation specifically.

Gook here. Its the opposite in this country. Anime watchers are seen as loosers and a disgusting weeb. However if you say you are watching cartoon they think
1. You are watching it to study english
2. Watching it because you like cute stuff
So yeah, cartoon watcher is seen better here

Attached: 7888bc904fc8cd1e8aac09d1767b9c1a.jpg (620x877, 169K)

>Supanju Bobbu?

Except it isn't. Otakus don't give a single fuck about anything that japan made in terms of animation and don't have voluminous eyes retarded and pretentious plots or resembles foreign animation.

>Anime watchers are seen as loosers and a disgusting weeb.
Like in my country my fella gook. We are not different at all. I'd like to ask why murican toons are so big in your country?

What?

Attached: 1556181228789.png (128x128, 21K)

What are you trying to say?

1. Many American cartoon are seen useful for studying English. Literally every youtube commercial for the last few month is a clip of Steven universe or adventure time where the characters
say American slang.
2. Most of us like cute things. Many American cartoon characters are cute
3. Since south korea wants look progressive some communities are promoting the cartoons
Also we bear bear is very famous here
Pic is a promotional puzzle game that has sold 200million coppies.

Attached: 46331_87599_042.jpg (480x696, 182K)

>If it doesn't look like most anime then I won't give it attention
Otaku mindset

What does "most anime" look like? Is it any less prevalent than "calarts"?

Kek I just realized what you meant.
Also heres a korean dub of spongebob
youtu.be/yEvGd2-y-HU

Attached: 755262bc2606f623aebcc2bb27211dea.jpg (749x1200, 132K)

He's right, in the sense that normalfags think shit like DBZ and BnK are mature when they're aimed at children. But really, the real reason is that western cartoons are very safe unless you're talking about Avatar.

Every time I try to talk about "American anime" with Japanese people,
Spongebob gets brought up

While I dont know about japan, in korea spongebob was the most popular cartoonshow. Actually I think it was the only mainstream cartoon show during the 00s.

Attached: 9f306dbb909cc7417fb87eb2732933b5.jpg (700x1050, 76K)

That's strange, because I always assume that the jokes do not translate the same therefore it becomes adifferent show

Nah, most of the jokes were translated well. The 'NO, this is patrick' has been already turned into a meme here.
youtu.be/WYjxBD23umo
I think shows like fairy godparent and kim possible werent popular here because of the culture difference

Attached: AaXRsvO.png (1280x1810, 836K)

Japanese people uses the word "anime" for animation as a whole. I'm not sure how big really is sponge bob, I should check the graphs.