One More Day comes out

>One More Day comes out
>"This is bullshit! Peter Parker should be allowed to grow up and move on!"

>Miles Morales gets created
>"N-No! Peter needs to be Spider Man forever! Please dont replace him!"

Attached: MAY170814.jpg (1171x1800, 278K)

False equivalency much?

Marvel and DC should kill all their hereos that originated in the Golden and Silver Age tbqh.

>people want a grown up, happily married Spider-Man
>they don't want that Spider-Man to share space with one of the worst Spider characters ever made
Who would have thought?

Miles is a good concept its just no one knows what to do with him and plays him safe making him the most boring Spider-Man ever.It's so simple to fix him, Unlike peter make him Shit at school and not a good Student at all, Because he would rather be creative and do art shit like in ITSV. I've said this 100 times just make Miles a bit edgier than peter, give him a short temper, Disrespectful to authority and make his Books explore the REALLY Street level side of the Marvel universe, Like Punisher MAX but toned down and with Spider-Man. His designs creams less friendly yet they insist on making him a Black Peter Parker. There he's already contrasted with Peter in a way no nu-Marvel writer could ever give him

Attached: moralessatan.jpg (1987x3056, 943K)

>Make black people retarded and violence

They wont

Pete making a literal deal with the devil was what got on people's nerves user.

We wouldn't be crying if it was Hobie, Miguel or Kaine. Shit, most of us wish Ben was permanent.

>give him a short temper, Disrespectful to authority and make his Books explore the REALLY Street level side of the Marvel universe

Now instead of a poor man's Petee he is a poor man's Kaine

Attached: scarlet-spider-returns-01.jpg (895x855, 396K)

Why didn't they just use Steel Spider?

Not black

>they
Bendis

More like why do they hate that guy, last time i saw him he got mauled and his arm ripped.

I've been saying this ever since Miles joined the main universe: he needs to take over Amazing Spider-Man as the mainline teen Spidey that shows up in a bunch of crossovers and shit.
Peter Parker needs to head up the Spectacular Spider-Man book, living his newfound family life with MJ and their daughter. Mayday, Annie, I don't give a shit personally. He needs to have more seniority within the hero community, someone who everyone knows has been around the block a few times at this point.

>Allowed to grow up it’s the same as being killed off and replaced
Also user consider that they really didn’t wait to replace Peter in ultimate after his death, so it feel really insulting and it didn’t help that later he was alive, but say fuck responsability and we never saw him again because that universe got fucked

They same reason Bendis didn’t use Rhodes’s niece, he just want the credit for creating a character

>>"This is bullshit! Peter Parker should be allowed to grow up and move on!"
Since when does that mean stop being Spider-Man?

That's not a contradiction.

People would be cool with Miles if he didn't keep fucking all the white chicks.

I think he works best as a young Donald glover.

Attached: xxz.png (205x246, 74K)

I loved how things were handled in the Ultimate U. Peter Parker should be allowed to move on. If Marvel refuses to allow him to, Miles is done a disservice by being relegated to Spidey junior as long as Peter is around.
Merging the Ultimate Universe with the 616 post Secret Wars was a mistake.
If Marvel wanted more diverse representation, they should have just made Peter Parker black when the 616 was at the atomic level recreated from scratch. His story from beginning to now already fits ethnically well.Just because he'd be black now, doesn't undo the stories told when he wasn't, nor the lessons learned from them.

You dumb faggot. Peter can be Spider-Man AND a adult. Fuck your bait thread

>just make Peter black for no reason, that'll work
Are you stupid?

>for no reason
>If Marvel wanted more diverse representation
>when the 616 was at the atomic level recreated from scratch
>His story from beginning to now already fits ethnically well

>Are you stupid?
Are you illiterate?

You are literally talking about making Peter black to fit some diversity quota, when you know, you could actually make Miles an interesting character instead of changing a character that has been white for over six decades?
Or better yet, have him die with the rest of the Ultimate universe.

Miles should have grown into the Spider-man role. We should see him making mistakes and learning along the way. There should be this mentor/student/big brother relationship between him and Peter. I'm not saying he should've been a sidekick but he should have started out as a Robin and not a Batman. We should have got to see some dynamic duo spider stuff but we didn't.

The endgame should've been Peter, taking a step back from everyday shit and handling the big shit and doing Parker industries shit while Miles stepped into the role too fill in as the all new spider-man. Instead we got "Hi I'm Miles, I have spider powers." "Oh hey Miles, well I guess you're spider-man now. cool costume, cya"

Attached: tumblr_n3ex1zITg81s1k3pao1_500.jpg (500x500, 141K)

>the only way for a hero to grow is the kill him off

Attached: do you speek it.jpg (395x635, 91K)

Yeah.
Because I think Miles going from "Wally taking on Barry's legacy" Spider-Man of the Ultimate Universe to Spidey Robin in the 616 who will never get out of Peter's shadow is a disservice to the character. I think you could consolidate the Ultimate line down to 2-3 books at any given point and tell good stories, also using the soft reboot post Secret Wars facilitated for it to undo a lot of the convoluted garbage choices made to do that universe favors. On top of that, if we cut the bullshitting, and acknowledge that Marvel at that time did want diversity, and was throwing in diverse characters, many of which had next to no depth beyond their diversity, and most of which have not grown past it to this day, the overall quality of the stories told at the time may have been better had the stories focused on the characters we knew, and what was going on with them, instead of "LOOK AT THIS RAINBOW COALITION NUKE THAT JUST HIT THE MARVEL U< AND THIS CHARACTER THAT LANDED IN THIS CORNER OF IT!"
Peter Parker is an economically challenged, scientifically brilliant orphan who lives with his aunt and uncle, who gets a big head when he is given the means to push back against those who had up to that point pushed him, who in an act of ego did nothing to stop a criminal who proceeded to go and kill his uncle who had tried instilling a sense of responsibility within him, which prompts him to adopt that sense of responsibility while primarily building a career combating street-level crime. I don't see any part of that character that changes or is compromised by making him Black instead of white. Marvel gets their diversity, black people have representation, and the universe isn't as cluttered.
And post-Secrets Wars, it wouldn't have just been him.
If you don't like it you don't like it. I won't fault you for having an opinion. But there have been less organically fitting changes that have been canonically made and published.

So you know that Marvel was pushing shit that no one liked and you thought that making the face of Marvel black after an event that did jack-shit to 616 would be a good idea because nothing about his character would change except the color of his skin?
Do you understand why people didn't like that push of fake diversity? Do you understand why people don't like Miles in the first place? Did the Homecoming side-cast not give you an idea that people don't like it when you change the race of a character for no good fucking reason?

Fuck me, you fucking acknowledge the problem that Marvel had and you just thought of adding more fuel to the fire for no good fucking reason. I'm glad you're not the moron making the decisions for Spidey's comic because you are a fucking moron.

>after an event that did jack-shit to 616
You mean the event that began with the 616 being literally destroyed from existence, and ended with Reed Richards, Franklin Richards, and the Molecule Man recreating it from scratch? That was jack-shit? Taking two universes and merging them into one was jack-shit?

Yeah, I acknowledge "the problem" even if I don't think it was one beyond poor execution of a concept that could have been done differently and arguably better. As often as I'm here, it's impossible to get away from anons who scream NOT MUH anytime something looks different when they take off their Nostalgia Goggles, but I also know that Yea Forums isn't representative of the rest of the fandom community. I think a business pursuit can be executed any number of ways. I think especially within the creative sector, you're always going to piss someone off when you change something they are emotionally invested in, whether they realize it or not, but unless you are doing street art with no intent of monetizing it, at the end of the day, you creating art to generate profit, and if you lose the business of one person, but receive it from two or three people who you weren't previously, you made a good choice.
I think Wonder Woman, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel, whether you liked them or not, have shown there is an audience out there who isn't being served, and is ready to throw money at those who are ready to provide supply to meet their demand. I think at the end of the day, unless every day becomes FCBD, Marvel is trying to generate a profit, and even if their doing so means losing your business (which, as we are here on Yea Forums and not Comixology very likely may not even exist) if I were the one making decisions for Marvel, I would be sorry (as sorry as I am that you keep mistaking intelligence with thinking like you do) you were unhappy with the choices I made, but as I said, if two or three other people enjoyed it, I'd get over it.

>You mean the event that began with the 616 being literally destroyed from existence, and ended with Reed Richards, Franklin Richards, and the Molecule Man recreating it from scratch? That was jack-shit? Taking two universes and merging them into one was jack-shit?
Yes, it was jack shit. Outside of getting Ant-Man and Beetle to fuck I can't think of anything positive that's been carried over from that debacle.

>You mean the event that began with the 616 being literally destroyed from existence, and ended with Reed Richards, Franklin Richards, and the Molecule Man recreating it from scratch? That was jack-shit? Taking two universes and merging them into one was jack-shit?
Yes it fucking was, everyone knows that.

>As often as I'm here, it's impossible to get away from anons who scream NOT MUH anytime something looks different when they take off their Nostalgia Goggles
I have nostalgia goggles because I don't want a character that has over half a century of stories and development to turn black because some random fuckface thought it was a good idea, good to know.

>I think Wonder Woman, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel, whether you liked them or not, have shown there is an audience out there who isn't being served
Except for the comics that existed before the movies came out and that were largely unaffected by this audience that wasn't being served?

Fuck off with this bait, I tried taking you seriously but it's obvious that you're just shiposting.

>I can't think of anything positive that's been carried over from that debacle.
It's almost like most events begin and end in the same place. What made Secret Wars different was completely recreated. If nothing has last from that, based on this discussion you guys should adore it because that is limitless world-altering potential they squandered.

>everyone knows that
>I speak for everyone
Also, see above.
>I don't want a character that has over half a century of stories and development to turn black
Because making him black now somehow undoes all of that?
>Except for the comics that existed before the movies came out and that were largely unaffected by this audience that wasn't being served?
That they either didn't know about, or didn't actively want to seek out? I mean it's not like there aren't any stories about the gatekeeping normies deal with going into CB shops?
InB4 BOO HOO

How much better off would the entire industry be if you killed Diamond, made it easy for racks to get back into convenience stores, and bodegas and blew it open for people who contributed to the billions those movies were making? The interest is clearly there, and especially in this age where people dont like waiting 5 minutes, the publishing side is failing to mine that interest vein. In Metropolitan areas where there are many CB shops, toss up a 15 second video of a findmyshop.com advert so people know where to go to get product in the hands of those who don't want to wait 2-3 years to get more of the character before the next movie. In more urban areas, with only one store, advertise the actual shop info. Would it cost money? Yeah. Investment usually does, but it also might generate some as well. It isn't bias or shitposting to challenge you to look at the sales numbers that existed for comics back when and now. Again, you're more than welcome to disagree. I don't mind that. I'm not bothered by it. Up to this point, you're the one who has been insulting me.

>How much better off would the entire industry be if you killed Diamond, made it easy for racks to get back into convenience stores, and bodegas and blew it open for people who contributed to the billions those movies were making?

Worse than before, because comics don't sell that well on the convenience stores anymore.

And Diamond has no blame in that, right?

Just use that nigga as static Jesus

That's just stupid. Like really stupid

I don't mind Miles dating white girls. Just not Gwen Stacy

Most people actually enjoyed Miles, so you are not making a point, there.

Correct. If you got rid of Diamond tomorrow, supermarkets and convenience stores still wouldn't buy comics, because for the time being they don't feel like they make enough money on it. They want returnability, which DC only wants to do in certain cases, and Marvel refuses to do.

On top of that, they wouldn't stock every Marvel or DC comic being sold now. Maybe half of the output at most.

Not only that, the supermarket/newsstand/convenience store market wants books to be at a higher price point. A lot of comics in the 00's and 10's that were $2.99 at a comic shop had to be $3.99 in those other markets. Getting rid of Diamond wouldn't even solve the price point.

>only black people are allowed to be underdogs now

That makes no sense, unless you're implying it's because New York is full of more minorities than it is white people now, in which case I'll give you that. Only rich white people live in NY these days.

It'd be kind of cool if we got a superhero that lived in a rural area. Half the book would be about how he has jack shit to do, so it could turn more into him screwing around with his friends and getting into hijinks with his powers, then finally being tested when a bad guy actually does show up one day.

Attached: 1377980929286.png (148x204, 81K)

I actually like miles as spider-man but there’s a pretty big difference betweeen the comic book fans and the movies fans. A majority of the comic fans will go watch the movies but not vice versa.

So I’m kinda unsure with falling numbers in comics and wanting to have a profitable business they wouldn’t just push more diversity and inclusion in the movies and keep the comic characters as their original people but what do I know they clearly aren’t hurting having two blockbusters with record sales in two months

One thousand times this, nigga is already a point of contention for the fan base him having Gwen as a love interest just makes it look like that’s all Marvel wants him to be. Maddie Franklin Mayday Parker or even Daggar are all potential love interests for him but they push Gwen for some fucking reason

Agreed. The blame for this was partly Bendis's fault since he kinda started this whole thing to begin with. Rather han just create an original character to fill the void

I actually hoped Gwen would end up with Peter if she did get transitioned into the 616 Universe. I'm an ex-MJ fan. With Miles I feel there are others that are more suited for him. Nadia Pym I thought about for a while. Mayday Parker I did not consider. I felt Bombshell could have a go

Honestly I don't know who would have a go, but personally I don't want Gwen to be it for Miles. The comic version was just awful and so forced that you wonder why. The ITSV version is not so bad, and I prefer they just remain friends, but knowing Sony's history with the Spider-Man property I feel they'll fuck up somehow with this

A new white girl has to be the right kind that would personally fit him into a better character, and Gwen Stacy can't be the one for him since there is just nothing that can work or develop into something more organic or believable. They just don't work right

Marvel should just give Miles a different white girl that's more believable and more of a match to Miles. It just can't be Gwen. She's for Peter

Give Miles MJ if need be

Attached: 0b4eed7a4edda7b243472437f27feff9.jpg (564x705, 96K)

Pete’s women
>MJ
>Gwen
>Felica

Give miles anyone else

Honestly don’t give him any of Pete’s former love interests until you can get a general era of when miles appeared in his life. He’s just a legacy hero with no connection to his still living predecessor who has no reason to pass the mantle. He’s got a love interest or two in his own book develop that before thrusting him into a relationship for the sake of sales