Thoughts on Miracleman?

Thoughts on Miracleman?

Attached: M_-_I_m_BAck_1403373022_crop_550x1112.jpg (550x1112, 165K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190318-074537~2.png (909x1003, 1009K)

Kid was the best edge character in comics.
Stole the series for me.

Attached: Screenshot_20190318-074747~2.png (606x1465, 617K)

I like him, hopefully Gaiman will end his story soon.

>tfw Miracleman was nearly part of the Image universe
actually kind of upset we never got to see this tbqh

Attached: 6d172a7f13be48d5bcc3715edd7761a5.jpg (376x480, 31K)

Man of Steel should have been a Miracleman movie

As a superhero story, it's my most favourite one.
As a comic in general, it's among the best.

One of my all time favourites. It's one of those things people talk about a lot even if they haven't read it. It was mentioned on a podcast about 12 years ago and I hunted some scans down and read it after the tenth time they brought it up. I was definitely more into comics after reading it.

What's so great about it? What are his powers? What's his personality like?

Probably the best superhero comic ever.

Moore's best capeshit

People use it a lot for Hypercrisis.

I am absolutely repelled by Marvel’s recolors and censored edition, and am overall heartbroken that the eclipse material didn’t get a wider complete release.

>censored edition
If you care that much about this comic, why are you reading the digital edition?

>What's so great about it?
It's an epic tale that unfolds gradually over 16 issues (if that makes any sense) and it does the "superhero among mortals" story in a way that starts off with some edge (Kid Miracleman) but slowly shows easy it would be to disconnect from himanity (everything after issue 4) with godlike powers. And it has a more subdued take on how a supergod would rule: he does it, and anyone who opposes him is impotent to really do anything about it, to the point the supergod doesn't even need to incarcerate/punish these people. And Gaiman's run shows off what it's like for the normies in this world. I'd call Moore and Gaiman's runs two existential horror stories in the same world from different perspectives, with superheros in the backdrop.
>What are his powers?
Flying brick, of the Shazam variety.
>What's his personality like?
Starts off as generic nice guy, but slowly becomes cold and distant, because his powers offer him a different perspective on reality, without becoming evil or antisocial.

It's excellent

Edgy and bit too self-wanking, IMO some of the weakest Alans works which is understandable since its one of his earliest. Captain Britain is better.

Interesting that from the thumbnail I thought it was Carol being a crazy person.

What an awful character. He's stupidly overpowered, and always so arrogant to everybody. He's completely untouchable and invincible, so would it kill them to at least make him a little relatable, a little likable?

He hasn't had a good comic in ten years at least.

This is an experiment.

Back in my day, sonny, we used to call this bait.

It sort of is? I need to know whether we are honest in our assessment of Subject C, and he has comparable characteristics.

So where was Gaiman going with his run? The series just stopped when YM rightfully ounched MM through the wall for being a pedo.

Attached: horny autist meets incel.png (315x565, 356K)

revolutionary for its time but it has aged really badly, specially when alan moore himself treated the themes of miracleman better in his later production

MIRACLEMAN IN THE MCU FUCKING WHEN?

It was a test drive for Watchmen, but it's still one of the best capeshit.

Uuh, unless it's the Mick Anglo version, that ain't gonna happen.