Shazam!

I only just now found out, that it flopped.
How did that happened? Movie was good, it did not deserve it.
Do you think they will cancel all sequels and Black Adam movie?

Attached: MV5BYTE0Yjc1NzUtMjFjMC00Y2I3LTg3NGYtNGRlMGJhYThjMTJmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTI4MzE4MDU@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,67 (674x1000, 101K)

>Do you think they will cancel all sequels and Black Adam movie?
Nah, but they will rush Black Adam's one to not lose Dwayne.

it's almost as if anything with zachari levi is cursed or something

Man, I hope so. That scene in the end really hyped me up

It's such a shame too. Probably one my favorite DCEU movies, though that's not saying too much I guess. Most of them are shit.

It was low budget , it didn’t lost that much

>Do you think they will cancel all sequels and Black Adam movie?
it didn't flop but it also didn't break any records, it just did adequate, the main reason it's getting any sequel is because it got good reviews and as stated it didn't cost much

>I only just now found out, that it flopped.
It didn't flop. It was made on a budget reported to be between $80 and $100 million, and it's currently raked in $347.1 million globally. That's more than three or four times its budget depending upon how you look at it. While it isn't a billion-dollar franchise, it's by no means a failure, and has certainly made Shazam a recognizable figure among moviegoers, reintroducing the character to a generation who likely never heard of him.

They should have released it two months after Endgame, or in Xmas just like they did with Aquaman., instead they decided to sandwich it between Captain Marvel and A:E.
They have no one to blame but themselves.

Attached: Zack Snyder's SHAZAM!.jpg (620x5853, 2.42M)

>How did that happened?
It had to compete against the REAL Captain Marvel.

Attached: pro91k4lqfv21.jpg (596x700, 31K)

tik tok DCfags

Attached: captainmarvelbrielarson.1525174374.jpg (1200x800, 95K)

>Movie was good, it did not deserve it.
Wrong

Unlike Captain Marvel, the movie was boring. They should have followed the Marvel formula

>or in Xmas just like they did with Aquaman.,
Fucking this. I mean, the movie takes place during christmas for fuck's sake

>low budget
>100 millions + advertisement

Yeah, basically a b-movie kek

Iron Man 3 was another movie to take place on Christmas but it was released on may
It made 1.2 billions, i don't think not being released on december was Shazam's problem.

>flopped
But it didn't? It hasn't done great, but when it hit a certain take they greenlighted the sequel. When all is said and done they will have made some profit to add to the Aquaman billion only a few months before it.

Honestly I'm pretty happy with how its done. I was concerned they might try and use Bill as a budget replacement Superman if it did great. Next Supergirl has to do decent but not amazing numbers.

Attached: 1531774144495.jpg (2700x1800, 450K)

Look Marvel-bro, I don't care how many Marvel movies sold more and I don't care about DC as well, this and Aquaman were the only DC movies I've ever watched. I'm just saying that it would make sense to be a december movie and it would, probably, sell more just beacuse it wouldn't be sandwiched by 2 MCU movies

Shazam will get one sequel aka one more chance to be a success given the fact that it was well reviewed by critics and audiences.

After that it is in Solomon's hands. If it bombs again then the character is dead.

Why is WB releasing all their big movis so close to Endgame?

Did WB expect Endgame to bomb or something?

Putting Shazam, Detective Pikachu, and Godzilla near Endgame, THE BIGGEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR, is just dumb. I get not wanting to compete with Lion King or Spider-Man but come on!

Not every movie needs to cost hundred million plus.

It was like 80 Million and has a good reputation. A fine film.

I wouldn't bother. It's tribal warefare. If you enjoy both then you'll still get called out for being a DCkek and same the other way when you try and be rational about either. I will note that I've never seen such meanspirited viterol and goalpost-moving (and outright denial of reality, sometimes) that people who actually defend the DCU get (i.e. Suicide Squad bombed/failed at 746m and an award).

Aquaman 'saved' the DCU if it was in any danger and Shazam has made a modest profit. Don't be baited into company wars or argue against someone who only come sat you in bad faith.

>greenlighted the sequel
just like they greenlighted Man Of Steel sequel, that Batman movie, Harley Queen and The Joker etc, etc.

Blame WB who is retarded enough to release this movie between Captain Marvel and Endgame.

It did better than their projections and that's really all that matters in the end.

>DCuck trying to play victim

nothing new on the horizon

Fantastic Fuck was a flop.

This is as much of a flop as TASM#2 or the first film were 'flops'

It made more than several MCU films that went on to get three films and several that didn't not go on, and it's make more than several other SH origin films.

But this dude is probably correct

Well all of those were sunk with negative public opinion, Shazam on the other hand has a good reputation and people WANT to see more.

No no, it only flopped internationally and not really hard. Just definitely less than Aquaman

There was really no other option. WB had Detective Pikachu and Godzilla 2 are coming out in May, Aquaman was in December and January and February are dump months. The rest of the summer is jampacked too. June is Alladin, and Toy Story 4, maybe X-Men and MIB might have posted threats too, July is Spider-Man and Lion King. It was April or buster.

Attached: angsty ladderbro is angsty.jpg (600x401, 29K)

>. I will note that I've never seen such meanspirited viterol and goalpost-moving (and outright denial of reality, sometimes) that people who actually defend the DCU get
Uh, are you really saying this after BvS and JL? You know what things were like back then

Detective Pikachu will do fine. Not only are people excited about, but following the Sonic trailer it's getting even more positive buzz. Paramount pretty much made it so even fence sitters want to see it now. Godzilla will do decent enough too it's a month away from Endgame at that point steam will have died down.

>If you enjoy both then you'll still get called out for being a DCkek
>DCuck trying to play victim
Like clockwork. I'm going to see Endgame next week, silly, and I saw Shazam last. I have no horse in this race. It would simply take a blind person to miss that the DCEU has both fanboys and actual shills consistantly downplaying it's successes and running with its failures.

Seriously, try and say something nice about the DCEU that isn't genuine, with no sarcasm. I'm curious whether you have the good faith in you to do so?

Attached: DisneySmear.jpg (1352x903, 385K)

>that pic
What's happening?

Attached: Based+chadzam+_ee7ed0b45af4e8cce984d042063d2831.jpg (947x647, 76K)

1 billion Billy, 1 billion

>Laddercuck being a faggot again

Attached: 1527338092648.jpg (912x707, 134K)

If only we had more guys like you here

Attached: 23f.jpg (680x452, 91K)

Rent free

>flopped
It didn't though. It was made on a low budget and more than made it back.

>muh billion make movie good

At this point I genuinely feel sorry for DC fags. Marvel has had 22 movies, most of which recieved positive reception. They just released the climax to their franchise, which went on to shatter multiple box office records and grossed 1.2 bil during the opening weekend.
And what does DC have? A mess of a track record and when they do finally make a good movie, the stupid execs thought it would be a good idea to put it between two big capeshit movies. Holy fuck, how incompetent can you be? At this point, it's like their trying to fail.

Trans-formers, Carol, trans-formers..

>to not lose Dwayne.
Too late

Attached: 1556675590471.jpg (1242x1245, 710K)

This

Attached: D2XIuj9XQAA6ZtN.jpg (679x960, 73K)

>only superhero movie besides the Fan4stic that made under 400 million since Avengers came out

Attached: 1517105082910.gif (640x360, 192K)

>I only just now found out, that it flopped.

It's made $347 million worldwide so far and it only had a budget of $100 million. It got pretty good reviews and is one of the better superhero movies to come from DC lately.

If Ryan Reynolds can be a Marvel character and DC character, then so can he.

>I genuinely feel sorry for DC fags
Why though? If they have enjoyed the movies so far, their DVDs/BRs aren't going to combust, and they have more movies to go. DC also seems to be dominating the live-action capeshit tv-show market, if you can stand CW shit. There is nothing to feel sorry for. Rather, lets celebrate that the MCU has been such a fun ride, and that we got both.

Attached: 1535007288495.jpg (677x672, 93K)

Is this really a flop or is OP exaggerating? How much would this film have to make to be considered a success?

Attached: IMG_20190502_082622.jpg (720x132, 15K)

>Why is WB releasing all their big movis so close to Endgame?
Because WB wants out as much as Fox does but knows they can't sell to Disney

Do you really think they'll bring back his Green Lantern? You do also know that the actor for Dr. Sivanna also played Sinestro in that movie, right?

Figures DCucks are too stupid to get that he hates DC no matter how many times he says it

Attached: tumblr_pd8si6ZIkG1v7w025o2_540.gif (540x240, 2.39M)

$400 million is the usual "not a bomb" point

Solo made way more than Shazam but everyone calls it a bomb because it couldn't get to that magic number

>made more than several MCU films
???

It's only made more than the Incredible Hulk, which is probably the least MCU kind considering how Norton kept on stealing control for the film.

Attached: 1520940971551.jpg (785x662, 94K)

>what is a joke
>implying he didn't go back and kill Origins Wade too
That user means actors are allowed to be in multiple franchises user, as I'm sure you know full well.

>Ladderbro doesn't have the brain cells to realize it's a joke

Don't forget that Solo also had a way bigger budget

Not for the MCU and DCEU though, because of their nature of signing multi film contracts, which can cause a lot of problems in case the two happen to be developing a movie with the same actor.

Notice how Fishbourn joined the MCU after Superman movies got put into ice? Notice how Idris only got invited to the DCEU after he was killed off in Infinity War?

Lol no

Attached: 1550875408639.png (1300x900, 387K)

>It was like 80 Million and has a good reputation. A fine film.
It cost $100 million, as cited by a number of sources.
Same as Venom, Deadpool 2 and Logan.
The difference being those $100 million dollar cape films brought in a hell of a lot more money.

>Money=quality
Aight

Not having the black Adam tease and being released so close to end game didn't help

Would you?

Attached: Mary Marvel wants you to suck it.webm (480x852, 950K)

>Movie was good, it did not deserve it.
HHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAJAJJAJHAHAHAHAHA no.

Shazam was one of the shittiest films ever made, a cheap copy of the Marvel style by DShit. It fully deserved to get buried.

They aren't making these movies for charity. They are making them to entertain audiences, and for that they NEED an audience.
For all that the echo chamber cites Cap Marvel's "terrible reception" it is still bringing in twice what Shazam! is in theaters, even after being out twice as long.

Shazam! is a fizzle that never established its identity. A lot of people I know thought it was a parody of superhero movies.

40 yr old Mary Marvel was a terrible mistake.

That's sad, I hope they won't try to Snyder up things again. I can imagine a bunch of suits in a room deciding that fun family superhero movies don't sell and they have to return to their "dark and mature" style.

Aquaman and Wonder Woman have pretty much set their course.

Solo didn't make "way more" than Shazam, it made about exactly as much as Shazam.

It also cost 4 times what Shazam cost to make and while Shazam pulled in a profit, Solo didn't make back its budget.

Money is proof that people came to check out movies and had interest.

>$392,924,807
That's officially "way more" than Shazam since Shazam is dead

It did flop, it’s the definition of a flop

5 mins after the movie starts and they shove 3 niggers in my face. They blackwashed the wizard. There's a vegan, a nigger, 2 females, a cripple, 2 obese dudes, a gay spic, a chink and they all get superpowers because whitey can't be allowed to be special or unique anymore. The villian is yet again anoyher evil white male. And (((they))) try to dewtroy traditonal faimly culture by shoving a white trash faimly in our face while trying to normlise a multicutral foster family. This movie is SJW as fuck and is very cringe and bluepilled.

Lack of ticket-buying is why we never got Hellboy 3 and instead got cut-rate Legendary Assfuck Hellboy.

This is all so Johns can reap derivatives.
He made them a crayola box because he has a thimbleful of imagination.
It honestly looks like the foster parents are "collecting" children like Angelina Jolie.

>Durr funni superhero mean marvel copy durrt

Yeah, but they have made a fuckload more than Shazam. I don't want this to be the last we see of best boy Freddy.

So Shazam competed against his 1938 version

ABSOLUTELY

Congrats on being the only person not ignoring this jackass.
He wants another idiot to derp back and forth with, that doesn't have to be you.

Attached: 1482036551382.png (369x369, 6K)

Not this shit again...m

Honestly, it likely is. I know they have options and are waving the idea of sequels around, but its just not showing the money for it.

Attached: images.png (734x417, 38K)

>Get the muds
Jesus! Sandberg clearly took inspiration from Raimi

Attached: shazam-9.jpg (900x600, 82K)

It fucking did though, budget was 80-100m, half of the money goes to advertising, basically Shazam didn’t make them lose any money but they hardly gained any at all from it and in this day and age of cape movies, making nothing is a flop

I'd rather eat a dry sandwich than a dog turd prepared by a chef.

Sorry the truth hurts so much but it's not going to stop being the truth just because it hurts your feefees

Attached: Screenshot_20190428-133641_Chrome.jpg (1080x1671, 582K)

>It had to compete against the REAL Captain Marvel.
nah. the real captain marvel was a man. look it up.

>it's currently raked in $347.1 million globally.
Dc shills are this stupid

>$347.1 million globally
>j-just another $53 million and we can make almost as much as Alita

The marketing cost is magically always one dollar more than it made.

Which is weird since it wasn’t crap

So one of your complaints is that they DIDN'T change the ethnicity of Dr. Sivana; one of Captain Marvel's most iconic villains?

They needed to make Sivana one of (((them)))

That was the most blatant bait in this thread and you still took it

Because it legit looked like a shitty B movie even by capeshits standards

Kys

This

You should never feel sorry for DC fans because they're all delusional fucking morons like this idiot

>Linking some twitter, batfag nobody
Okay

Ladderbro please just end your life

Attached: 1459735670371.jpg (679x864, 86K)

>REAL Captain Marvel.
You mean this?

Attached: 5c7ef33e4827a.jpg (1000x1511, 270K)

>sensible and objective look at DCs situation
>delusional fucking moron
You're going to actually have to explain this one user, because that post was more REEEE than anything resembling an argument.

Half the CW shows are canceled and any DC show on any REAL network was either canceled years ago or on its last season.

Don't bother. He is just a troll

Stop replying to ladderbro. Not even to remind him that he'll never get to suck on Fungus Feet's gnarly toes.

one day the janitors and mods will have enough of ladderbro Yea Forums tier troll threads and rangeban him

Certainly hope so......

Attached: Its+ok+bud+good+times+will+come+along+_85e6963984de1b9032cc8cbcb5cc4319.jpg (325x244, 13K)