Are you going to FCBD this year? Got any stories of past years...

Are you going to FCBD this year? Got any stories of past years? Last year my LCS made a cosplayer wear a sweater around her waist because she had exposed buttocks. I definitely want to pick up the My Hero Academia comic!

freecomicbookday.com/Article/222154-Free-Comic-Book-Day-2019-Full-List-of-Comic-Books-Announced

Attached: FCBD.jpg (400x400, 41K)

I bought physical copies of the Champions arc of Sonic and I just noticed the bags have this on them from that year. I have never gone before I am terrible at scheduled events but I did like that store
I think that event passed because the guy was different the last couple times I went in there
I must be really autistic but I don't assume I know what other people think, how could I possibly know your position

One year I went and my local comic shop had Darth Vader and two Storm troopers guarding the doors.

Pro Tip: If you plan on going, get there early. Nine times out of ten the place is flooded with normies and their children trying to get freebies.

>Go to JASBSS
>Super friendly, they give my younger siblings one of each and they answer any character/story question they have.
>Head a few blocks over to Hobbyshop
>Super snippy, angry we're there.
>Tell us we as a group can only take one book
>mutter that we're moochers for not buying any other shit
Was about to buy dice too.

Has FCBD really done much to help the industry? They keep giving comics away, but they don't seem to do a good job of promoting since sales keep dropping.

You bet. Not sure what I'll be getting this year besides the Tick.

Probably not, but it's likely a good source of positive PR.

>no Bongo Comics
>for the first time in a decade, maybe two

Fuck you, Disney. Fuck you with a rusty coat hanger.

Attached: 1407185146830.jpg (250x300, 17K)

That had nothing to do with Disney though?

Spongebob comics are fun

You don't find it just a tiiiiny bit suspicious that as soon as Disney announces the Fox buyout Bongo Comics goes under?

>It was announced at San Diego Comic Con in July 2018 that all publishing would cease in October 2018.

>talks began in November 2017

Indeed.

I also need to get the Bob's Burgers book for my little sister.

Eh, I never really go. There's not anything interesting anyway.
>Kino
Holy fuck, I'm going to see if I can bribe them to give it to me tomorrow.

>Holy fuck, I'm going to see if I can bribe them to give it to me tomorrow.
But it's free

Aren't all the free comics just cheap crap? Though I might check out what sales are going on, pick up a bunch of cheap floppies from the bins. I have to limit myself because I just went on a Ebay binge buying key issues of random shit

Most of it's garbage, all of them are little more than previews, but some of them are neat.

>my LCS made a cosplayer wear a sweater around her waist because she had exposed buttocks
Who was she cosplaying?

I’ll send my brother to get one for me. I’d rather not get hit on my Comic Book Guys

Theres no Spongebob this year.

I'm just going there for the street fighter book, probably something else if it grabs my attention

Can't speak for other stores but whenever I go to my LCS I end up buying at least $80 worth of books on top of whatever else catches my eye. They attract hordes of kids too, whose parents end up buying shirts and toys.

I was in a different city one year on a trip so went to the closest participating shop I could find. The place was stacked floor to ceiling with toys and other shit, and only two shelves and a table for actual books. The two guys behind the counter looked like they hated being there, much less want to chat about comics. On the counter where they put all the free books, there was a pile of a transformers one-shots right beneath them. I thought it was on the list and took one for my two book limit. A guy working there went ballistic and yelled "you can't just take whatever shit you want!" It was awkward, especially with the small kids there. Glad my area's stores are much more casual and friendly because fuck joyless "people" like that.

There is always a really good Batman cosplayer, Tom Grummett is always there too. also a SUPER FUCKING HOT Wonder Woman cosplayer

I'm mostly looking forward to Christopher Priest Vampirella that's launching the new ongoing

I've talked to some owners, the one day brings in as much sales as an entire month does. Though that probably depends on location.