Sorry, Alfred, but I'm leaving our timeline to go to one where my parents are alive. Yeah...

Sorry, Alfred, but I'm leaving our timeline to go to one where my parents are alive. Yeah, Gotham's in trouble but I deserve to know them because I've been so selfless.

Attached: 1549670793698.png (320x485, 212K)

Didn’t we have a whole Flash-based series of a scenario where Batman’s parents do live?

Bye.

With great power comes great responsibility, Aunt May. Mr. Stark gave me the power to go live in another timeline where Uncle Ben is alive. It'd be irresponsible for me not to go back in time and live a good life with him.

Attached: 1544068704393.png (1200x800, 1.82M)

B-BUT WHAT ABOUT MS KYLE MASTER BRUCE?

But wasn't Bruce dead in flashpoint

Yes and Booster Gold went back in time to save Bruce's parents and Bruce only to cause the end of the world and Bruce's parents being killed.

Jimmy, I've always had a thing for Marilyn Monroe. I'm going back in time to make her my wife and to have beautiful children with her. Lois? Who gives a fuck about that stuck-up bitch? Don't mention her to me again.

Attached: 1547542336531.png (800x450, 752K)

The Dark Knight Rises has he abandoning the fight

whatever happened to the man of tomorrow?

I don't get the hate that he retired. He literally had a lifetime of character development to get to that point. The real issue here is we'll never see Cap travelling across space and time with the Infinity Stones and Mjolnir

Batman and Superman are the archetypal superheroes though. They should literally be the people even Captain America and Iron Man look up to. We want Cap to settle because he's just a soldier. We want Batman to continue because he's an ideal.

Wait, you can DO that?
Well I feel foolish

Attached: Nox.jpg (315x416, 20K)

Dinner Superman gave up his powers to smash Lois in Superman II and I don’t see anyone bitching about that like they bitched about Cap.

>Dinner Superman gave up his powers to smash Lois in Superman II and I don’t see anyone bitching about that
That's literally brought up every time someone praises Superman II on this board and it is just as valid a criticism there as it is here

i mean the nolan trilogy had him retire

Why the fuck does anyone think Cap didn’t go back in time and fuck Hydra’s plan up saving fucktons of people over time? Cap didn’t go back in time to give up, he went back in time to keep fighting with the love of his life by his side.

Notably less bitching about it too, even getting praise for it by most.

...after destroying crime.

And most dismiss it every time. Then again you people on this board that praise Superman Returns.

i'm laughing real hard at the idea of after he gives the shield up it pans over/cuts to the twin towers still standing

This is One Last Knight's premise, isn't it?

King is literally going TDKR route to end his run.

>And most dismiss it every time
It's objectively trash though

>Gotham's in trouble
Yes, it's not like there's a whole gigantic network of vigilantes assembled and trained over the years that's capable of OH WAIT.

I've gotta say I imagined this with the Captain America theme playing and i almost did a reflexive salute

He didn't destroy crime. He faked his death because Gordon knew who he was and then had Blake find the backcave so that he could take up the mantle and continue on for him.

Cry more DC fans.

Attached: pepeandwojakconquerthedcu.png (996x5849, 3.87M)

So, does being a super hero mean you're forbidden from retirement? He had been through hell, and he realized he wanted to go back to where he belonged.

Why is no one crying about Stark retiring a bunch of times and then spending 5 years on a farm?

Cap retires after his war is long over, the secret society he fought against is destroyed, and the greatest threat the universe has ever seen is defeated. It’s not so different.

In Donner version he bangs lois before giving up his powers. It was after Donner got kicked off that they switched it.

I bitch about it all the time. It's such a stupid and nonsensical way to fill up the time of the movie.

>I hate having powers, I wanna be normal
>fuck, being normal sucks, now I can't stand up for myself
>WOW GOOD THING I FOUND DEUS EX MACHINA TO GIVE ME MY POWERS BACK

Like, it's so obvious from the very beginning how it's gonna go. It's such a stupid basic conflict it didn't need to exist. Superman literally could've gone over this in 5 minutes while flying somewhere.

I actually hated that. They went out of their way to make a happy ending for literally everyone (except Gordon, who is still divorced) even though things like the Dent Act should be in question.

Honestly not as much as a 'betrayal' of his values as Steve. Bruce has always treated his crusade as part-coping-mechanism as much as desiring to save Gotham. On top of that, unless we are talking early years, this is a world with Superman, Wonder Woman, the rest of the JLA, various other teams, and costumed heroes crawling out of the walls.

Gotham alone can lean on DickBats, Robin, Red Robin, Batwoman and various allies if Bruce dies or leaves. (I'm hoping 'Ric' is a temporarily blip). Batman started a legacy and movement.

Steve in the MCU however is one of only a handful of costumed heroes that we know of, and I can't think of any that could replace him and his moral fiber except maybe adult Spidey, and his legacy is a black soldier he is buddies with and his ex-mindcontrolled-assassin childhood friend. His 'replacement' is Captain Marvel in the same way Tony's is Doctor Strange. The MCU needs Captain America in a way that the DC setting doesn't need Bruce Wayne, precisely because he's made preperations for that eventuality, because he's Batman.

Attached: 1520151777631.jpg (811x1200, 197K)

>Blake find the backcave so that he could take up the mantle and continue on for him
I hate Rises so fucking much. Begins and Dark Knight are amazing and set up an interesting Batman setting... and then we findout he's a retired cripple who was Batman for only a couple of years, probably far less than he actually spent training. Then he spends around ten minutes of a two/three hour movie as Batman, and hands off the legacy to a good hearted cop who is going to get murdered by the first actual Batman villain he meets because he has none of the training. It's just fucking terrible. I'm not even getting into the concept of a Bruce who could happily retire, with a klepto ho who almost certainly will relapse, and smile at Alfred as Gotham begins to burn again as the power vaccumes in the film begin to fill with old classic villains we never got to see. Rises is SHIT and it burns me that it is so well loved.

Hell, I didn't like how the Arkham series outed Bruce and forced him underground, feeling that 12 years is still really too short of a career, but at least he continues.

Attached: 1556064715808.jpg (1920x1080, 169K)

So like after Cap destroys Thanos?

You want to know how I know that half this thread is made up of Yea Forumsfags that know shit about comics?

Attached: 1525352347785.png (1280x720, 2.22M)

I don't understand why you think posting a bunch of QTs dressed as DC characters is a diss on DCfags

People like Rises because Plane Scene and Bane. Though the way he was handled in the end was an absolute travesty.

Exactly, batman should die on a mission, growing old isn't right for Batman.

he can retire when he's no longer able to fight

Attached: 1527295625850.png (302x227, 125K)

We can assume Blake Batman would get BTFO by the Joker.

These. And the latter should be a fail state, just like Beyond basically was, where Dick and Damien aren't around to carry on that ideal. Bruce will not stop until he has no choice in the matter, be it death, or old age, and even in old age he will probably keep going anyway unless someone can take the mantle.

Where's the fucking time portal Foggy?

Attached: standard_incredible.jpg (450x450, 29K)

We can assume Blake would get BTFO by any if the more physical villains or the ones that being 'clever' won't help you with.

He doesn't have Bruce's years of ninja training with Ra's, can't replace any gadgets, probably can't maintian the batmobile/tumbler for lack of skill and, isn't a billionaire, doesn't have a personal combat-medic for a butler, and well... I could go on.

This is like making Tim the Batman after he works it out and maybe give him police academy training. It just isn't going to work out well and makes no sense. It was an unearned storybeat, like most in that movie. If they were going to try and pass on the legacy, they needed to introduce Dick as a kid in Dark Knight, and have him secretly been training using footage of Batman, without Bruce knowing, and then having him take over as an adult in Rises after being part of the 'rebellion' with Gordon.

Attached: 1539404087261.jpg (1204x999, 350K)

Good Riddance.

t. joker

Not to mention he retires in whatever happened to the man of tomorrow

>implying Joker wouldn't cry and beg for Batman to come back so he can be bottomed by big black bat cock again
Do you even read the comics?

So you don't know Cap too well.

Guess who started it

Because the Superman poster didn't use any of Superman's childhood sweethearts?

It's both sad and funny the only way you people would be happy is with Steve dying for what he believes instead of saving the entire universe and then living the life he deserved.
I forgot which character said this but it goes like this:
>People love to see their heroes fall
I guess it's true after all.

Attached: 1548779600433.jpg (592x555, 185K)

I would be perfectly fine with him continuing to be Captain America and being with Sharon Carter. I don't want him to go to an alternate reality and live a life of delusion.

>Why the fuck does anyone think Cap didn’t go back in time and fuck Hydra’s plan up
Doesn't really matter what he did. He still abandoned his best friend who had a much worse life

How so, he literally came back a few minutes later

For Bucky the only difference is his best friend got to live the life he always wanted him to have

That's one of Alan Moore's worst superhero stories
>'So Alan how are you going to close the door on Silver Age Superman?"
>"I'm gonna kill everybody"
Terrific

Attached: 1040461-superman_reeve.jpg (445x363, 28K)

Because Bucky didn't get to have his life back did he?

Well, he should talk to Hulk about getting a clone arm and talk to Pym about some particles

desu i'm not very well-versed in Superman comics. I always wanted to get around to him but kept reading Batman instead. Sorry.

I also hate how pathetic Clark is without his powers in that film. Say what you want about the Timmverse sucking off Batman, but the Superman 'death' two parter showed Clark being pretty damn badass when stripped of his powers. Some DC media be need a scene of Clark powerless or fighting a force that can easily, easily kill him and him refusing to back down cause it's the right to do.

Yes and that ending was good.

As was this one.

I'm glad for Steve and Bruce. They deserve nice things.

Literally the same shit as Bruce leaving to be with Selina in TDKR

This. It seems an odd choice. It's more a case of what we didn't want to see, him betraying his own character, than what we did. Steve is the Avenger. He's *the* hero of the Marvel setting in a similair way to Superman. He doesn't retire or take the easy way out.

Batman has in worst than Cap though. Batman is an autist while Cap is barely one.

Because that's literally a story about Superman retiring after a huge final fight and a bunch of his friends dying

First link was suppose to go

I really liked it, I mean I can see how Superman fans would be pissed off since it got edgy (though I think that was part of the point) but I thought it was a nice wrap up to Silver Age Superman.

Attached: 1541490391309.png (1039x1600, 2.21M)

I forget the name, but I remember Justice League Action had an episode exactly like that and it was one of the best.

Yes, and? Now that it exists he can finally let someone else take up the mantle.

But the question is...who?

Cassandra

Marvelfags are just dumb

So, like the end of Nolan's trilogy where he literally fake his death to go eat around the world?