Hey Peggy

It's me, Steve. I mean, not YOUR Steve, but an Steve from an anternate timeline, 80 years in the future. I was in a relationship with your grandniece, but when I saw an opportunity to jump ship, I took it. She will have to move on, I suppose. Some people move on, but not me. Not me. Oh, I have great news! The Steve you know is actually alive, inside a block of ice! Let him be, though, he would only get in our way. I brought wine.

Attached: cplwlqfdf6f11.jpg (1612x1080, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/movies/2019/04/30/avengers-endgame-russo-brothers-captain-america/
youtube.com/watch?v=7oMcFupuL78
marvel.com/amp/articles/movies/robert-downey-jr-and-chris-evans-on-the-marvel-studios-process-in-avengers-endgame-the-official-movie-special
google.com/amp/s/io9.gizmodo.com/how-the-marvel-cinematic-universe-left-its-tv-side-behi-1825160402/amp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why doesn't Peggy just go find the other Steve and thaw him out too so she can get DPed by patriotism everyday?

>Implying Cap told her

Except he did get thawed out because old Cap had the shield, which was frozen with Steve.

>a kiss
>same as a relationship
kill yourself

She was a good friend.

>Cap either killed himself and took his own shield so he could fuck Peggy
>or he took his dance, came back to the future but time travel fucked with the serum so much he just became old and is too embarrassed to say anything about it

What happens to the one still on ice in the 70s? Does he leave the ice do avengers shit and become the one to come back and spend his life with her? How does time travel work

>Alternate Cap gets thawed 6 months after being frozen.
>Never gets to "dance" with Peggy because an Steve from an alternate universe is already doing it
>The guy also takes his shield
Alternate Cap probably killed himself.

Now it's confirmed to be a different timeline, I'd be interested to see how Cap affected it, given all the foreknowledge he has. Even if he didn't get directly involved in the action, imagine the effects a few well placed anonymous tip-off letters could have had. What is their 2019 like?

What if they shared her? Would she be into that, and would Cap(s) be open-minded enough for it?

Attached: Watchmen 03 - 04.jpg (602x475, 85K)

And this people is how we get U.S.Agent

Everything ended up working out, so he probably tried to fuck with the timeline as little as possible.

>I mean, not YOUR Steve
Uh...

There are no alternate timelines once the Stones are returned to the original timeline. I can't believe people are so adamant about rationalizing time travel.

The directors disagree with you, honey.

>There are no alternate timelines
Russos literally confirmed there are.

ew.com/movies/2019/04/30/avengers-endgame-russo-brothers-captain-america/

>“If Cap were to go back into the past and live there, he would create a branched reality,” Joe explained.

Russos mentioned that he likely wouldn't stand by and would indeed make changes in his "retirement" reality.

When the frozen Steve wakes up and gets to 2019, he will go back in time and do exact what the future Steve did.

It's a time loop.

Yeah well the Russos are hacks who will literally say anything to not upset their fans

>either don’t do a good enough job showing this and now people think Cap is fucking his niece
>or literally forgot about Sharon Carter as she wasn’t even in the Avengers Assembly
One fucking job.

Oh fuck!
The Cap in the house with Peggy is alternate Cap!
Steve wouldn't take his Peggy.
What a bro.

Old Steve was hiding in the closet during this scene. Peggy was just pretending to have alzheimer.

Attached: 216809_original.jpg (700x293, 66K)

>Cap went back in time to groom shota Tony

Attached: D867AD06-9409-4DBF-A28B-7341E49B8528.jpg (547x466, 119K)

>>“If Cap were to go back into the past and live there, he would create a branched reality,” Joe explained.

Then how did he get back to the main timeline? God, they're such hacks.

>Wanna tell me about her?
>...
>No.
>Old Cap wasn't actually with Peggy, he was with Sam's mom, which prevented him from being born in that reality and that's why he feels guilty and gives him the shield

Something something Pym particles. Magic.

Attached: E09542AD-A556-4333-8479-AA7CF6587A36.jpg (720x479, 80K)

I liked how they wrote Cap out of the story, but the whole thing with the grandniece does taint it a bit. It's pretty clear they want us to forget that ever happened, but I can't help thinking in the back of my head that he probably stopped her from existing.

Is the only thing that puts him in the clear

She didn’t even turn up for the role-call.

Honestly, I think Cap should have stayed in the future and asked out this cute civilian waitress from the first Avengers. Sharon was such a non character.

Attached: E92AB146-3497-4B4D-BD7D-4E619471DDF9.gif (245x150, 447K)

I just realized that she wouldn't have been removed from existence at all because she's her grandniece not granddaughter. I feel like a complete idiot. It's still really awkward though.

How did Cap return the stones to their original place if no one same him when they were taking the stones in the first place?

*saw
Wouldn't he bump into them returning the stones whilst he took them?

Steve and Sharon aren't related and (as far as we know) he doesn't get with her in the reality he goes to. I don't see why this is an issue at all.

Any other time travel movie and it'd be trashed to oblivion.

Give it two months. When the honeymoon period passes, people will start to look at Endgame with another eyes.

Shit like Cinema Sins will have a feast with this movie.

>not using superior pym pic

Attached: images(20).jpg (296x170, 17K)

Even if it's Ant-Man, you don't have to post a picture for ants

Attached: 1556422555926.png (1221x702, 459K)

Whatever it takes (for me to be happy).

this, it's fucking hilarious to see how much it's being praised despite its major plotholes

The alternate timeline ceases to exist once Steve leaves it. Also, there's no reason to believe that Steve simply didn't have them make him another one.

>ew.com/movies/2019/04/30/avengers-endgame-russo-brothers-captain-america/
Read the interview. In context, the Russos are implying that Cap wasn't simply living in the past of the main timeline because that would have created a branched reality - as we saw in the movie itself. They're saying Cap lived in an alternate timeline which we already supposed.

I wonder how the people who make a living off shitting on The Last Jedi who praised Infinity War last year for doing things right will dance around Endgame thoroughly shitting on their filmmaking preferences.

It helps that for most people, this will be the point where they leave the MCU. Time travel and plot holes don't really mattert o those people because it gave them a spectacle. Compare that to TLJ which also had a lot of plot holes but hurt Star Wars a lot more because it was the second movie in a trilogy instead of the last one.

>Implying young Steve didn't move on and marry this qt.

Attached: Margaery Tyrell.jpg (300x486, 15K)

>Joe Russo: It's a complicated plot for people to track — time travel. We were altering the rules of time travel in this movie and using multiverse time travel rules vs. Back to the Future rules that have really informed every time travel movie and television show since the release of that film. For us it was really about trying to get people to understand some of the time travel rules and how the plot was unfolding. It was only a few small things that we had to add to help alter people's perception of the storyline.

They used multiple realities specifically to avoid paradoxes and there are still retards insisting there's only one timeline.

Daily reminder.

Attached: 7E2FE705-7EC2-45BB-8C2A-FF08D3C2E427.jpg (500x360, 59K)

>that feel when no big tiddy English wife to settle down with in a segregated neighborhood

Prove there is more than one timeline

There's no reason that AU Peggy and AU Cap wouldn't tell our Cap to go back home to his friends/family. He abandoned Sharon/Bucky. This ending is a huge problem.

Why doesn't Peggy just peg Cap?

Time travel was a plot device in this film, not its central conceit. And honestly, if you're too busy nitpicking to appreciate the end of the MCU (the part you should care about anyway) then you have bigger problems in your life.

What does Cap have to stick around for? Sharon has her own life and Its obvious that Bucky and Cap had a talk and came to an understanding. Bucky probably just wants Cap to be happy.

The fact Nebula didn't disappear when she killed her past self? The fact all of Thanos' actions in Infinity War weren't erased when they dusted past Thanos?

>Prove there is more than one timeline
2012 Timeline - Loki escapes with the Tesseract.
2013 Timeline - Asgardians chase a raccoon around.
2014 Timeline - Thanos and his entire army disappear. Gamora is gone too so the Guardians never form and Ronan probably destroys Xandar.
Nebular literally kills past Nebula and it didn't affect her. Why? Because it's a Nebula from a different timeline.

How tf does that prove anything?
>The fact Nebula didn't disappear when she killed her past self?
This also works if there is only one timeline
>The fact all of Thanos' actions in Infinity War weren't erased when they dusted past Thanos?
Again, still works
I'm getting the sense that you don't really understand the nature of the dispute.

>This also works if there is only one timeline
No, it fucking doesn't.

Those timelines are all temporary and cease to exist once the stones are returned or the time traveler leaves

I'm sure Cap wanted to get himself out of the ice and do a three-way with Peggy but he had to leave him there or Thanos would fuck that timeline when he was an old man.

>Those timelines are all temporary and cease to exist
No, they don't.

Yes it does lmao

Nope, stop being retarded.

>CinemaSins mattering
>In 2019

Attached: Double Jej.jpg (800x437, 32K)

>>The guy also takes his shield

The shield Steve gave Falcon was clearly a new one. It had very visible different seams in the metal.

This is what I'm asking you to prove, retard.

Cap went to Wakanda and was like "Hey, I'm a friend of your grandson. Can I have some Vibranium?"

Our cap killed alternate cap and stole his shield.

Shut up, retard.

Only retard here is you who can't follow a train of thought. When people talk about there being "one timeline" they're referring to the fact that only the prime timeline ultimately exists. Idk if you're intentionally trying to strawman of if you're retarded enough to think that people are actually saying there's only one timeline period when the movie actively displays other timelines. It's obviously shorthand, probably gotta be at least 90 IQ to realize that I guess

The same way he was always going to? He just appeared on a bench instead of on the pad. Is a difference of 20 feet really worth getting fussed over?

>they're referring to the fact that only the prime timeline ultimately exists.
But it's literally not the only timeline that exists. You can shut up now, idiot.

Excellent display of reason my mentally challenged friend, you have convinced no one

Kill yourself, retard.

>ultimately
Here's your (you)

You're still wrong, idiot.

I may be a complete brainlet but the more I think about it the more confusing it gets. It shouldn't be confusing but it just feels weird.

I dunno, they should have just used Back to the Future rules and snapped away the paradox at the end, fuck it. I mean, they did have a reality-altering wish glove

Attached: tenor[1].gif (244x244, 767K)

That's called Brainlet Syndrome.

>Implying it didn't happened

Attached: 218ba79b239651165901bacc44a56fa6.gif (245x150, 600K)

>I dunno, they should have just used Back to the Future rules
Back to the Future rules are stupid and create paradoxes.

Her own life? She was with Cap, wasn't she? The world is in chaos after all these people showed up again. It's not time for Cap to retire.

Assuming you are the shitposter from yesterday, you were proven wrong in 4 or 5 threads yesterday. Stop this shit, user.

Don't I know it.
I genuinely wish I was smarter, it's a burden I carry everyday

Time Travel is stupid and it has stupid rules in general, just look at the rules this movie has, but at least BttF rules are easily digestable and it's something we're used to for ages.
Now I'm here thinking about 30+ different timelines and how Tony died to kill a Thanos that's not even the one from his reality

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 13K)

The same way they returned in all the other branch realities they created? Banner explained this, and Tony explicitly showed a time gps. Why are you such a brainlet?

That's America's ass, not Peggy's.

>Time Travel is stupid and it has stupid rules in general
Multiverse time travel rules are the least stupid because it's the easiest to avoid paradoxes. Back to the Future rules are always a paradoxical shitfest. Time loops aren't a thing.

The fact past thanos died in 2023 before he would've otherwise died?
The fact Banner explains that Killin baby Thanos doesn't affect their reality.
The fact Ancient One and Banner refer to "my reality" and "your reality"
And the movie Doctor Strange literally shows the concept of a multiverse

I want to marry and impregnate Hayley Atwell.

"Changing the past doesn't change the future." It's literally what they said. Killing Baby Thanos wouldn't work because it's not the Thanos from their reality.

They aren't related by blood, but it's still weird to date the person who would have been your grandniece in law if you hadn't got stuck in ice.

The number one rule of time travel plots in movies, don't think too hard about it.

A wizard did it
/thread

I think kne of the CinemaSins guys is making his own superhero comic

>Multiverse time travel rules are the least stupid because it's the easiest to avoid paradoxes
Yeah, the least stupid form of stupidity, fucking aces.
And what do they get for it? A final battle where they're actually fighting some alternate reality Thanos, a fucked timeline 5 years into the future where all of Peter Parker's school was snapped and Old Man Johnson killed himself after his wife got dusted FOR NOTHING?

Like, yeah, no paradoxes but I'm not sure if it was worth it to make it a satisfying ending. Time travel might be complicated but multiverse stuff is pretty headache-inducing as well.
I don't know why they wanted to go so hard on "not having any Paradoxes", because at the end of the day they still have to make a weird and twisty story to write around it.
And honestly, do people really care that much about paradoxes? I always thought we brush them off because the nature of time travel just sorta creates them, if the story is coherent enough we're willing to ignore it. It's been this way for 30 years at this point.

I will, it'll just take a while I guess.

>And what do they get for it? A final battle where they're actually fighting some alternate reality Thanos
What's wrong with that? I think it's kino. Infinity War Thanos died thinking his victory was permanent. 2014 Thanos thought his victory was assured in every reality and it turns out he was wrong.

Your answer is China. But this? It's really easy to understand either way, it's just outside the usual understanding certain people have of Time Travel. Honestly, people complain about Marvel movies being simple, but the first thing that is slightly outside the box and people complain.

Do you create a new timeline every time you travel, or just when you go further past than you've been before?

Like if I go back to 1970, I create a new past. But if I then go back to 1971, do I create a new timeline or am I now in the future of the timeline I created in 1970?

Because if you created a new one, then the stones can never be returned to their original timelines, but I guess they can because we have to assume the movie logic is always right.

Fair enough, and it works really well from a writing standpoint, it just feels weird to me when watching.
I guess this is more of a personal issue rather than something the movie has, but still. Really wish I could enjoy it more.

>Honestly, people complain about Marvel movies being simple
I don't desu. But yeah, you're right. I'm prolly just being dumb, honestly

And once that loser was gone they fucked right there. Like three times. Well two and a half for her, it's what finally killed her.

What was the last movie Sharon was even in? She was "with Cap?" Didn't they kiss like one time?

It lacks emotional weight. This other Thanos is a nobody. Why should I give a a shit about him?

Bttv time travel is one long string, any thing you change at the beginning of the string affects things further down.
Its bad for storytelling because there's no fucking way when you return to your point on the string things wouldn't be drastically different from even the smallest bump on a table.
Every time you change something in the past the string goes through a major transformation.
While that means we could just kill baby Thanos to stop him from snapping in the future who's to say someone else wouldn't just gather the stones
>great we killed baby Thanos but now Titan is raging war with the rest of the galaxy in search of new resources
>or by some cosmic change Strange was never able to get the time stone allowing Dormammu to consume our galaxy
It restricts writers because they have to give an acceptable explanation for every change we may have caused

Endgame uses the multiverse theory which was pretty much just conceived to solve a lot of difficult to explain problems.
When Marty returns to his present and everything is different what happened to all the people he left? Would you just be sitting in your chair one second only to watch the world around you randomly transform the next?
And would your memories be altered on the fly as well?
Multiverse solves all these problems for writers as it means each instance on time travel TO THE PAST is a different instance of your own "time string".
Its not just behind our sting but next to it.
The moment you travel "back in time" a new reality is made as with multiverse its impossible to traverse your own strings history; the beginning of your string is effectively off limits, completely set in stone.
When Cap travels back to return the stones hes not fixing his time line but rather all the timelines that lost their stones. Its like borrowing a wench from your neighbor. When your're done with it you give it back, it was never our wench nor will returning it change anything about our house.

>The alternate timeline ceases to exist once Steve leaves it.
You wot

Presumably yes, because nothing significant was altered in his timeline. Unless Tony's talk with his dad somehow has ramifications down the road.

My one question about all this is: does he create a split timeline EVERY TIME he travels back, or can he return to the gemless timelines as long as he jumps to a point further in the future after they were taken?

I don't get it? They're supposed to be superheroes right? Why did they think it was okay to fuck up other people's timelines just to save their own? Isn't that selfish and unsuperhero like?

Attached: 1556551619674.png (1862x1437, 233K)

Well actually now that I think about it, there will never be a gemless reality, because there's an infinite number of caps going back to infinite number of realities to return an infinite number of gems. That means every reality that had its gem stolen, and the infinite stances of those realities, will always have a cap returning to give back the gem.

A little confusing, but it makes sense, right?

>that pic

Attached: almonds.jpg (282x341, 44K)

Or!
That IS original Cap, he went ahead and had his dance, THEN got alternate Cap out of the ice to get him together with Peggy and then found someone else for himself.

Right. Cap set a time loop.

The events of all movies will happen and the gems will be stolen, but they will also be returned almost immediatly.

Future cap will be around, but in secret, so there will always be 2 Captain Americas after 1945, but the present Cap will eventually go back to the past to return the gems, thus setting the time loop again, and again, and again... infinitely...

The only thing this loop requires is for the future Cap to live in secret.

>Cinema Sins
Good joke, Super Satan

Attached: laughing mercs.jpg (390x331, 62K)

Finally. Well done whoever made that image.

There's no time loop. The Russos gave an interview to EW saying that timeloops in the MCU are impossible.

>Do you create a new timeline every time you travel
Nothing bad happens in the 2013, 1970, and 1950s timelines, Thanos disappears from the 2014 timeline so that's a net positive, and we don't know what the ramifications of the 2012 timeline are but presumably they'll be explored in the Loki series.

Not a literal loop, but one in effect. Same as how the timelines where they didn't cause any significant changes are still alternate timelines even though future events happen identical to the main timeline.

Then I don't know how to make sense of it.

It's called the butterfly effect

Because of the fuck up in 2013, 1950, and 1970s all sorts of shit could get fucked even from the tiniest variation which they most certainly introduced many.

>Thanos disappears from the 2014 timeline so that's a net positive
But also Gamora and Nebula, So presumably the Guardians never form and Ronan can do whatever the fuck he pleases with the power stone. It's debatable whether anything at all would change in the 2013 or 1970 timelines and as you say we'll presumably see the results of 2012 in the Loki show, but 2014 is the one they've definitely fucked.

The 2014 we see in the movie was an alternate timeline, right? So maybe after returning the gems that timeline was erased (like Hulk explained), but since 2014 Gamora was in the future at that point, she remained... even though her whole reallity was erased... I don't know.

Also Ego can reign free too

Could, but probably not.

>Ronan can do whatever the fuck he pleases with the power stone.
Only if he gets his hands on it.

If Cap dropped both the Aether and Mjolnir in 2013 Asgard, then that timeline is pretty much unaffected outside of Jane Foster needing therapy for having a Raccoon and then a blond dude stab her with some weird device.

1970 will be also virtually unaffected beyond Pym wondering who took four of his particles. The butterfly effect from that should be minimal. And Cap maybe even took a couple to replace them, since present Pym was resurrected and could make more.

2012 and 2014 are irremediably affected. 2012 moreso.

Avengers? More like selfish assholes

You honestly think she'd care?

Attached: peggytouch.gif (500x250, 1M)

Man, that timeline's gonna end up like the 40k universe.

Hank should really write down that formula... specially since how old he is right now.

Ego needed Peter to boost his power and activate all the seeds across the universe, and if the GoTG never happen and Peter never gets to hold the power stone and survive and that story start to be told across the galaxy, Ego will never get to hear about it and will keep spending eons impregnating women hoping for a son that will have a celestial gene.

It's a little bad when your timeline ends up looking like the results of a particle accelerator experiment

Hank might even blame Stark for stealing them, building up the hatred.

Timelines don't get erased. Hulk was talking about the consequences of removing an Infinity Stone from the timeline and how they would be erased by returning it immediately afterwards.

But then how 2014 Gamora is still in the future after the gems were returned?

For the sake of the story yes. Each timeline that had their stone borrowed now exists within quantum space.
Tony made a gps allowing them to find points where the stones would be easily accessible.
While those timelines didn't technically exist until we traveled back to them, once created they are now set in stone.

So we are in timeline "red"

we go to timeline "green"

once we borrow the stones and only after we leave is time line "orange" created

If I go back to "green" I cannot affect "orange" as they are now, for the sake of the story, completely separate.
I can always return to green to re-borrow the the stone as much as I want, each time creating a new timeline once I leave.
So for me, the time traveler, with the help of Tony's gps, I can go to any point where I made a change and continue on, like a collection of bookmarks I can CONTINUE from where I LEFT.
>I stepped on this guys shoe here, Let me go back AFTER I did and say sorry
>a kid dropped his ice cream here. Let me go back AFTER he dropped it and buy him a new one
the guy and kid will continue on after my visit, no split time will be made FOR THEM as their instance is totally self contained.
As long as you return to these lines after you left it's the same timeline. undershoot by one second and, for the sake of the story, your're now in timeline "yellow" leaving behind timeline "purple". Timeline "orange", the "stoneless" timeline, is still stoneless

you are getting into zeno's paradox. Since it isn't handled by the writers I wouldn't try to work it in. While you could say its impossible to get back to timeline orange the rules of the movies have it set up to where once a timeline is established it can be revisited and altered as long as we return AFTER we left. The Ancient one is chilling on the roof waiting for her timestone. Her theoretical future without it is separate from her present without it.

And knowing Howard, he'd be perfectly okay with that.

Because that's all in the past.

pomf wh-what are we gonna do on the bed, Cap-kun?

Attached: 3C4328CE-9409-44A9-B240-4ABCC36AA0A0.png (500x286, 125K)

I see it a lot more simply

Attached: mcu timeline is fucked.png (1142x502, 35K)

I believe cap gets back to the MTL by warping back a day early and chilling until the next day.

>tfw you realize Cap came back because Peggy died of natural causes the same time she did in the prime timeline

Attached: 1466558223372.jpg (1200x1600, 236K)

>All of those post implying Peggy would be okay with it.
Tfw when there also are people self inserting themselves as Cap too.

Attached: 5be1a8da-d84a-4481-8e35-e4cb5ec16343.jpg (1280x853, 186K)

>Peggy kept in contact with Howard after Steve went into the ice according to Agent Carter
>There's no reason she would cut him off in this alternate timeline despite having Steve with her
>Uncle Cap might actually be canon
Oh boy.

Attached: D5OOd11U0AAC02A.jpg (1024x2300, 752K)

And ego will eventually suceed because when he does manage to have a succesful kid there won't be a plucky group of protags with plot armor to kill him.

and abandon his children, grandchildren, and all of the friends he no doubt made in that reality?

This is fairly accurate, but you are forgetting one very important detail. In the 2013 Asgard split Thor steals his counterparts hammer. No wait, Cap has that with him when he goes back he probably returns it. Never mind. I'm an idiot.

Honestly, we have no idea if Steve went back after handing off the shield. He very well may have since odds are Endgame is the last time we'll ever see him.

Attached: TT.png (830x707, 35K)

Name a single plot hole. You can't.

Steve realizing he can never go back to the past because the world's moved on without him would have been a much better ending.

That's literally how (non Doom) time travel works in 616 proper you retard.

What did Evans do to deserve this? I wanted Sam Cap. But not at the cost of Cap cucking himself. How long did Spider-Man fans take to get over One More Day?

>autism

>What did Evans do to deserve this?
youtube.com/watch?v=7oMcFupuL78

He is returning everything to normal as if it never happened, once that original timeline is restored the branched ones go away because that one defining change that created them is gone

I'm so glad they BTFO'd the retarded tumblrinas

Downey's said far worse about "tr*nnies" and stuff.

Why couldn't he?
Steve is from the future and this alt timeline has Pyms, Starks, Banner too. With time machine they can ass pull anything.

They BTFO'd Capfags too. So everyone saying MCU Steve's never had character growth, adjusted to the 21st century, has never moved on from his past - are now right.

I wish they made him open his eyes in an unfamiliar world just like the end of The First Avenger and left his off-timeline ambiguous shenanigans hidden, but still come back to give Sam the shield at the end of the long happy life he's lived there, instead of the Steggy puppet show.

Would have hurt less.

cope

This is possible, and probably will never be directly confirmed or denied because if they do anything with the alternate timelines, it’s likely to be the 2012, 2014, or 1945 one, because those have the most significant, interesting changes.

No.

You mean Hulk fucked up his time machine again which rapidly aged Cap.

>Prime Cap's back from the future like Scotty was
>He's being coy with Sam because he married him and had a long and beautiful life and he doesn't wanna mess up his younger self's marriage proposal.
>It's a spring wedding in DC

Attached: 0bed2286f83b81c9ea51c9548b655ec1.jpg (688x612, 88K)

>Being ok they ruined Cap because it BTFOs other people
???

FYI. Keep spamming this image doesn't make it true.

Fuck those timelines, it's every line for itself. They're superheroes. They are alright with killing countless versions of the people they care about to save the people they care about.

Yes. He can handle it. Because they aren't real. They aren't his original friends. It was just like a good dream to him.

He's old as fuck. He's cheating them out of a few extra years with him at most, and at least they last see him in sound body and mind after having had time to prepare themselves for his departure. Most people don't get all of that.

That's really depressing user.

He could never get happiness in this timeline so he spends 70 years in a happy dream. Like he would have an heroed if he stayed here.

Can any one who's done therapy weigh in on whether it's healthy? Isn't it escapism?

Attached: tumblr_pqsyl8H0zk1wslu2v_1280.jpg (1280x502, 124K)

Yes!

Captain America was an asshole for using time travel unethically.

I cant wait for the blowback. Fuck Steve

We don't know, we can't time travel to parallel timelines where we make sure things turn out alright. But god if we could, then goodbye you faggots.

>It's me, Ste --
>*Peg shoves Steve's face down to her crotch*

>Not her tits

They did do that, but so Capsicle could fuck 2023 Cap while he fucked Peggy.

>Aww does lil Stevey want his milkies?

Attached: fbbb97853633ae54c9122ec8bd55954c.jpg (540x803, 57K)

Motorboating doesn't feel as good as you think it does.

Endgame Steve was an even bigger bottom than Civil War Steve.

Sucking on your girlfriends's nipples does

Bucky watched.

Not his dick, his face.

Not through her clothes and bra.

If you could never return to a timeline you've been to before, then they could never go home either.

Look, it's real simple. When they're in the Quantum Realm, they fly into wormholes. Aim for the same wormhole you jumped into before and you end up in the same timeline you went to before.

That's why Tony called the wristbands a "GPS". It helps you locate the reality you want to be in.

Straights see a man and a woman smile at each other and assume they’re married.

Steve lived his life with peggy in an alternate timeline. Then used his time travel device to return to the mcu, after his peggy died. Snuck away from the big quantum tunnel and waited until he went into the past after the funeral to show up.

His alternate timeline got Steve as USAgent and in the 50s through 90s he lead Shield and defeated hydra. Saved Bucky from being Winter Solder. Then Captain America reappears in the 2000s from the ice. Never knowing Old Steve or the events of the mcu.

not if you do it to soulless skanks who are getting payed

Nibba do you realize how immoral cucking your alternate self is aand leaving him in an icey hell prison

Markus and McFeely call it "enlightened self-interest" whatever the fuck that means.

that Steve can just travel to an alternate timeline and cuck another Steve
Cucking on Infinite Steves

So it's basically the BTAS episode Perchance to a Dream but Bruce decides to embrace the dream? Yikes.

>Steve plans to go back and have his perfect little life
>Bucky, who had much more taken away from him is standing right there and Steve abandons him
Why is Steve Rodgers such a selfish piece of shit?

>Split the avengers over one dude, after hearing a quote from your now dead oneitis
>Abandons him and everyone else over said oneitis that is from the past, even though you hooked up with her niece

He is literally pussy-whipped

I love this.

Marvel discussion just becomes time travel magnet discussion.

Way to ruin your own timeline, nerds.

Bucky didn't wanna go. Two Steves is weird enough but at least one is frozen. Two Buckys would get complicated.

Attached: tenor-4.gif (320x218, 1.05M)

But why didn't Thanos just summon an infinite version of himself across all timelines?

Why didn't he do infinite snap?

We'll never have a Caplust thread without this argument. Eastern fujos are embracing Hydra Steve though.

Attached: D5gPejwUIAIw1UT.jpg (640x1024, 67K)

Because he didn't know that alternate timelines existed.

>Thanos just becomes big purple Funny Valentine.

How can he not know?

I'm not Thanos and even I know.
You mean Darkseid?

>I'm not Thanos and even I know
Hey, I want you to solve a quick riddle for me.

Nothing complicated. I just want to know where you think Sally is going to look.

Attached: sally ann autism ball.jpg (295x553, 34K)

This is bullshit.

This is like saying Sally has no concept the ball exists.

I think you mean Persuader from the Fatal Five, who used his Atomic Axe to open rifts to other universes, leading to the formation of the Fatal Five Hundred.

>How can he not know?
>I'm not Thanos and even I know.
t.Doylist

user, I have no idea how you came to that conclusion but I have some bad news for you.

Found an interview for an upcoming book.

>Chris Evans says Steve Rogers can still do this all day.

“... [After] Thanos completed his plan and we lost all these people, Steve’s really trying to jumpstart that optimism and rediscover that loyalty to conventions bigger than himself, and to somehow stay afloat. Otherwise, it’s so easy for him to just give up. But that’s not in his nature; I think he knows that. It’s a matter of him figuring out how to still be a leader in the face of the worst possible outcome.”

>According to Evans, Thanos is too complicated to be just a one-dimensional monster.

“It’s easy, when the villain is so clearly bad, to hate him. Marvel Studios have done this strange thing with Thanos where they gave him a logical point of view, in my opinion. He’s a sort of masked misanthrope or something cloaked in a binary logic about the greater good. … He’s not just this evil guy. He thinks he’s doing a good thing, which makes him sympathetic to some degree. [Josh] Brolin really grounds him in this kind of human way so you don’t see a monster or a villain. You see a person who thinks they’re doing something good.”

>Evans knows how much Steve Rogers has changed since his origin story -- and how much he hasn't.

“… [It’s] tough to try and present challenges to someone who is so selfless. … He’s always been this very austere kind of guy but has a real loyalty to institutions and to people. Across the movies, that’s slowly stripped away from him. … When we see him in ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ he’s just turned his back on a lot of things. In ‘Endgame’ he returns to that kind of sanguine, hopeful soldier/leader.”

What news, mein friend?

How can Thanos not know alternative universe exist if he has the time stone?

Isn't the titan a super smart race?

marvel.com/amp/articles/movies/robert-downey-jr-and-chris-evans-on-the-marvel-studios-process-in-avengers-endgame-the-official-movie-special

Darkseid is literally a multi-dimensional entity with the small Darkseid as its avatar.

No, I mean your comment.
What do you, a real person with an objective perspective of the entire comic, have to do with Thanos? What on earth was your segue for that?

They even dare to shit on Back to the future, stupid Russos

Tony died for this shit?

Fuck off fag-retard , they kissed and normal people(you wouldn't know of course) don't plutonically kiss.

I mean, me, a 21st century human with average level of intellect can know of alternative universe, how can Thanos not?

>"enlightened self-interest"
They ruined my boy. Fuck the Russos.

Attached: m0chc6oqaz811.jpg (850x1375, 137K)

Stop comparing yourself to fictional characters.

>I can do this all day
>except if I get a chance to fuck Peggy
>Peace Yall

lol fuck Endgame.

Why not? I'm just a dude.

Thanos is literally genius intellect.

Underrated.

You are a real person reading a comic book about a fictional character.

Can Thanos not read that in his titan library or whatever?

Or by pure logic?

Its the only one that makes sense.

Already confirmed

Attached: FB_IMG_1556474288332.jpg (720x433, 24K)

Its presented as this

Attached: Time Travel.png (1822x982, 164K)

I’ve fucked stranger

Exactly. Why they gotta make him a Stevil, man.

>The ending's so hated no one's writing or drawing self-cest

this whole thread proves why doctor who has the best time logic (creating too big of a paradox, like altering a fixed point in time, causes giant bug monsters to appear and eat anything involved in the paradox at best, and starts causing reality to 404 out of existence at worst)

>Q: Did Captain America's action at the end affect the timeline? Does that mean there was a time where two CA existed in a same universe?

>A: To me, CA's action in the end wasn't the fact he wanted to change anything, it's more like he has made a choice. He chose to go back to past and lived with the one he loved for the rest of his life. The time travel in this movie created an alternate reality. He lived a completely different life in that world. We don't know how exactly his life turned out, but I'd like to believe he still helped many others when they were needed in that world. Yes, there were two CA in that reality, it's just like what Hulk said, what happened in the past has already happened. If you go back to past, you simply create a new reality. The characters in this movie created a new timeline when they went back to the past, but it had no effect to the prime universe. What happened in the past 22 movies was still canon.

>Q: EG's plot, is it a parallel universe or a closed time loop?

>A: Nope, not a time loop. Both Ancient One and Hulk were right. You can't change the future by simply going back to the past. But it's possible to create a different alternate future. It's not a butterfly effect. Every decision you made in the past could potentially create a new timeline. For example, the old Cap at the end movie, he lived his married life in a different universe from the main one. He had to make another jump back to the main universe at the end to give the shield to Sam.

>The ending's so hated no one's writing or drawing self-cest
Good, the ending has so ooc (for Thor too) that deserves all the hate could get

Cap did the right thing, he deserves happiness, believe in his friends to deal with the outcome because he knows that they are capable - got to have a nice happy life with the love of his life AND do good in the new timeline - AND is still alive to hang out with Falcon and Bucky.

Literaly perfect for everyone.

Cry more fujos.

Attached: 216413_97.gif (194x194, 484K)

>got to have a nice happy life with the love of his life
That's not HIS Peggy. He stole her from that timeline's Steve who got iced.

Why everyone's bent on pushing this fucked up ending is beyond me.

I don't mind his weight gain, he suffered the most being the guy who fucked up on Thanos. But I wish he wasn't ragged on for being fat. It happens after trauma. Yelling or insulting a grieving person's not gonna help.

I heard a scene of the immediate aftermath, funerals and stuff was cut. Would have shown why he took it so badly.

But when has the MCU ever cared about being respectful to most characters or their trauma?

>That's not HIS Peggy
It is. He us the same Steve in the ice, and when times come the ce Steve will gget with her too.

Stop being insane.

> fucked up ending

OH NO! Steve is happy! And Carter! And ice Sfteve will be hapoy with Carter too! How HORRIBLE!

Cry more girl.

The Russos said:
>Yes, there were two CA in that reality

I don't want to argue with you because I'm right.

Yes, by hopping into another timeline to do it with another Peggy.

Cap's selfishness caused a loop of him getting a happy ending by jumping to new timelines.

What makes you think one cap won't realize the loop and choose to just go fuck up the cap who stole his peggy?

>Timeline hopping Caps all fucking alternate timeline Peggys
>Eventually it just loops around to another Cap fucking main timeline Peggy
Perfectly
Balanced

user its what he said Its aloop where everyone involved is condenned to be happy and make the world better.

Girl, that is Steve, not a "random", its literaly the Steve of her timeline in the future,they are identical in every single aspect, from dna to mind and feelings.

The Russos and writers didn't think this through, they won't address that because it's easier to ignore that.

>mind and feelings

nope. Cap's experiences in his time make him a different person than AU Cap.

>stole

They are together, he is Steve, he can't steal from himself. You are retarded and have a weird view of the world.

It's just a matter of time as Ice Cap is going throuth the same.

And as we saw, Carter didn't minded that. Its literaly the best outcome for him, for her and for the world in general as Russos said that cap kept doing things, I don't hget how it is "selfish".

>Joe Russo confirmed there are two Caps

Even if he didn't steal from himself, he technically stole her from Peggy's future husband.

It's selfish because this is still meddling with other timelines even if they don't effect the main one.

>Peggy's future husband
Himself?
Also is there any confirmation that there was one? If not, you can't complain about it.

>she still has her milkers in decent condition

He is stealing another man's life. How is it not selfish? His Peggy is dead and gone. He goes to another reality and starts fucking her all the while another Cap is in the ice, destined to go through the pain of not knowing Peggy's love. This cap could stop it. All he has to do is move on from Peggy and go back to his timeline. If he feels so bad, he can unfreeze that Cap to let him know Peggy's love. MCU Cap is a selfish asshole who chooses to live in a world of delusion.

Might I also remind you that Peggy had a non-Steve husband who is also being cucked.

The Russos denied time loop. It's alternate timeline and there are two caps. If you can't read, you should turn on your screenreader.

>even if they don't effect the main one.
He shows up at the end, he is there.

>He's is literally stealing another man's life.
Its his life, its a time loop. Stop being insane, the Steves are the same person.

>This cap could stop it. All he has to do is move on from Peggy and go back to his timeline.

This make a shitload of people less happy and the world a worse place.

>If he feels so bad, he can unfreeze that Cap
Pretty sure he has no idea how to find him, and even so THAT wouod fuck the timeline much worse, as the events of Avengers wouldn't happen. The only thing preventing it is past Steve knownledghe of the future and his will to remain hidden knowing that things will work out and everyone will be happy.

>still thinking there's a stable time loop with Cap being her husband when Joe Russo already confirmed there isn't

Q: Did Captain America's action at the end affect the timeline? Does that mean there was a time where two CA existed in a same universe?

A: To me, CA's action in the end wasn't the fact he wanted to change anything, it's more like me has made a choice. He chose to go back to past and lived with the one he loved for the rest of his life. The time travel in this movie created an alternate reality. He lived a completely different life in that world. We don't know how exactly his life turned out, but I'd like to believe he still helped many others when they were needed in that world. Yes, there were two CA in that reality, it's just like what Hulk said, what happened in the past has already happened. If you go back to past, you simply created a new reality. The characters in this movie created new timeline when they went back to the past, but it had no effect to the prime universe. What happened in the past 22 movies was still canon.

Q: EG's plot, is it a parallel universe or a closed time loop?

A: Nope, not a time loop. Both Ancinet One and Hulk were right. You can't change the future by simply going back to past. But it's possible to create a different alternate future. It's not butterfly effect. Every decision you made in the past could potentially create a new timeline. For example, the old Cap at the end movie, he lived his married life in a different universe from the main one. He had to make another jump back to the main universe at the end to give the shield to Sam.

>he stole her from Steve who got iced
>who got iced
He's going to be asleep for 70 years either way

>The Russos denied time loop. It's alternate timeline and there are two caps
Its a loop as Steve from that timeline will go throuth the same events and go to other timeline.

That's not guaranteed since the Russos have essentually said Cap will do good deeds and interfere further in the timeline.

I hate the idea of a woman being used as a prize. No Steve would dishonor Peggy like this and that's why I say, bad writing and directing. The Russos could do Man Out of Time, they couldn't do Infinity War.

>Might I also remind you that Peggy had a non-Steve husband who is also being cucked.
Source? And might as well be other Steve anyway.

That's not a good reason to cuck yourself.

>essentually said Cap will do good deeds and interfere further in the timeline.
Oldman Steve was in the end of the movie. He lived that reality.

>I hate the idea of a woman being used as a prize.
Peggy wanted to be with Steve. If anything he is her prize as much.

>No Steve would dishonor Peggy like this
She seemed pretty happy in having a happy life with the loveof her life.

Are you a woman?

>I don't mind his weight gain, he suffered the most being the guy who fucked up on Thanos. But I wish he wasn't ragged on for being fat.
I'm that user,and I didn't mean about the fat part,I meant the ending where he neglects his throne (after embracing the role in Ragnarok),his people and fucks off with the Guardians

This is what the writers said about Cap and Tony's ending.

>They always planned to kill Stark, since he already got to enjoy the retired life he always wanted with Pepper and their daughter during the time skip, and it was thematically fitting to close that chapter of the MCU.

>They always planned to retire Cap rather than kill him, and let him have his dance with Peggy, but him actually going back in time to do it came a little later, and they were concerned it was too fanservice-y.

>The view Cap’s and Tony’s endgames as a reversal of who they started out as: Cap was selfless and self-sacrificial, and learned to put himself first a little. Tony was selfish and self-centered, and learned to be truly selfless.

Good. Based Russos giving Steve a well deserved end, best possible outcome.

It literaly is the version with the most happy people and good deeds done to the world. Its very cringe the fags complaining about it - and they try to find faults at all this happiness by mentioning lots of nebulous stuff like "this giy who is literaly this guy is not this guy, and the chatracters should hate it if they didn't loved it, and they should be unhappy out of nebulous principles".

>Can any one who's done therapy weigh in on whether it's healthy? Isn't it escapism?
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance agrees with you.

>Are you a woman?
>Writers shit on all the awesome things Peggy did herself, had her own life and makes someone (Cap) from a different timeline steals all this from her
>not realizing this is wrong
That user just has common sense, unlike you

Attached: 1555591099412.jpg (640x640, 219K)

>We don't know how exactly his life turned out, but I'd like to believe he still helped many others when they were needed in that world.
But we know that was impossible. Its just fucking weird to think he had a happy marriage with Peggy while also keeping the Hydra/Shield thing secret.

>Writers shit on all the awesome things Peggy did herself, had her own life and makes someone (Cap) from a different timeline steals all this from her
How is having a relationship with Cap "steals" this from her? How it removes what she did?

You are insane.

And you are also acting like past Cartter didn't had a say at being with Cap.

>things didn't work out with Peggy
>he meets Howard Stark and realizes he's gay
>spends several decades as Howard's secret gay lover while Howard maintains his marriage for publicity
>Tony grows up knowing him as "dad's friend from work" but eventually catches on and things get awkward
>Steve starts to notice Tony's growing up to be quite a dish
>Howard catches Steve and Tony
>Steve decides he's been on this train long enough, hops back to his original timeline, and waits it out
>he meets Falcon again right after the point where he'd originally left
>Falcon asks Steve to tell him about his woman
>realizing it would be awkward and inappropriate to say "I want back in time, fuck Tony's dad, then groomed and fucked Tony" at a time when Tony's death is still fresh in Falcon's mind
>"no I don't think I'll tell you"

Maybe he just prevented disasters like JFK or 9/11? At the very least he probably saved Bucky and stopped Howard and Maria from dying.

You are pretty dumb girl. Nothing that Peggy did was erased, all that changed was that she was happier.

>happier

how do you know that? For all we know, her not Steve husband was a great man who made her even happier than Steve. Her children with him could have been great children. Too bad dick MCU Cap destroyed all that with his inability to move on.

Attached: bullshit.jpg (500x489, 104K)

>he prevented 9/11
bullshit, he probably helped ensure it went off

Are you really arguing thaft tghe Russos secretly planned to "OH EVERYTHING WAS SHIT WITH PEGGY"?

Do you really think that this is what the author has in mind? Or do you think that the Russos planed Cap to have a great love life with Peggy? What you HONESTLY think they implied?

And where you take this info of Peggy's "other husband" from? What info you have of him? She never had kids in either timeline.

Are you honestly making grimderp headcanons to what is presented as very happy ending, also confirmed by oldman cap, just to justify dumb anger?

>b-but Agent Carter isn't canon

Attached: 412e7a00-7761-0132-4381-0ebc4eccb42f.jpg (871x429, 55K)

It is a happy ending for Cap that he deserves, but even the writers said it was him being selfish.

None of the tv shows were. Never were... This is an objective fact since day 1.

user, you known that this and Shield were never canon right?

And besides photos what info you have of that? Might be her brother or something ;)

Thats Steve in disguise.
Done.

>Jarvis shows up with his actor from Agent Carter reprising his role
>Producers from the show also worked on Endgame

Attached: 1556739988526.gif (400x259, 1.44M)

user, the people IN CHARGE of the cinematic universe said that no tv show was canon.

Rerolling for this question

That doesn't work when Steve started an alternate timeline jump loop. There has to be ONE timeline where he doesn't end up with Peggy and she moves on.

Nope.

>user, the people IN CHARGE of the cinematic universe said that no tv show was canon.
They never said that, because if they had said that, Disney would have come down on them hard for delegitimizing a business venture by another department of the company. Feige has always been very diplomatic about the canon status of the TV shows.

Attached: 1554196847243.png (534x393, 130K)

google.com/amp/s/io9.gizmodo.com/how-the-marvel-cinematic-universe-left-its-tv-side-behi-1825160402/amp

You are deluded.

They don't say it in that article either. Feige has never gone on the record to deny the canon status of the TV shows, which the TV division has said are canon.

Oh I get you now. I hated that too. Ragnarok gave him responsibility and the Russos just entirely nixed a movie (on top of others. Poor Gamora and Quill). Thor and Steve fucking off is the opposite of their character arcs.

The Russos're the Bendis of marvel movies.

I hated the fact Tony was married to Pepper and had a kid too. And he became a house husband?

If they really wanted to show Tony as selfless, they should have written him taking the choice of resetting to 5 years back, to lose his child for the sake of trillions. His wife and kid still trumped the millions of babies who'd have survived the snap but died after having lost their parents, in the aftermath.

And those kids are never coming back but their parents now reappear 5 years later and find out their kids are dead.

As for "selfless" Cap, he is written as selfishly taking over another man's life.

If there's a backstory where he told Peggy the truth, she is okay with it, that's okay. That would make the What If where Peggy gets the serum work. They could find iced Cap and Bucky. 2023Cap and Peggy could then fall in love, maybe.

I can understand if he fucks even random strangers or gets married to someone else or starts a free love sex cult somewhere.

That would have been more in character than this.

Tony already proposed to Pepper in Homecoming, after everything that happened in Infinity War and spending nearly a month slowly dying right after it'd make sense that he'd fuck off in general.

And even then, the shows still aren't canon. Accept that the shows are in their own separate continuity that the MCU writers might pull from if they want. Thinking they're canon is just fucking retarded.

Cry more dumb fag, Russos did a pretty good job and Cap got his happy end.

That would go against the rules they set up regarding time travel, Joe also answered the question of using the Time Stone to revive Tony after the battle.

Q: In IW, Thanos used the time stone to reverse the time so he could the already dead Vision, and it didn't cause any time parallax. Why did no one use time stone to save Ironman's life in EG?

A: It's because even if you save Ironman, it will still not change the fact that Thanos will eventually win the war. Among the 14million possibilities that Doctor Strange has seen, Ironman's sacrifice is a must for that one win scenario.

Cap got a fever dream to delude himself in, it's like he punted himself into the Cosmic Cube because he couldn't deal.

For Tony, it was alcohol and the Tiberius dream machine thing.

However, almost them whole world agrees with you. That it was a beautiful ending. It's just, I don't.

>went back a few minutes after each stones was taken
>everyone had already left by then
>dropped off the stones
I don't see how you are even confused about this

Maybe 2023 Cap just gets together with that timeline's Bucky after he has his dance with Peggy (and then lets her hook up with frozen Cap)? Could be why he didn't want to talk about "her" to Sam.

>Why Ironman has to be the one to do the final snap, couldn't the people like Thor, Starlord or Captain Marvel whom all previously have handled the power of Infinity Stones done it instead?

Thor in this movie couldn't do it, only Hulk was strong enough to do the snap without dying. We are still not sure whether Captain Marvel can also withstand all the power of Infinity Stones at once. The reason we choose to let Ironman do it in the end was because he was the closest one to Thanos at the time. In all the futures Doctor Strange foresee, Ironman was the only one who could get close to Thanos and do the snap. People usually think the death of a hero is a horrible tragedy. But we think this is different. When his death was able to bring back hope, to save half of the universe, then his death was powerful and meaningful. We shouldn't feel too sad or anger about it.

Q: What about those people who got dusted? What did those five years mean to them? Why didn't they grow older when undusted?

A: Yes, those people whom was lucky to survive the snap are 5 years older than the people who just got back. The reason Spider Man saw his friend again in high school at the end was simply because his friends was unfortunately also dusted like Spider Man was. Of course, there are people in his grade whom didn't die and they are probably already in colleges by now. To those dusted people, they had no conscious in these past 5 years. They didn't know what happened. It's as if they had just woke up from a long sleep. The only one who was aware about how many years has passed was Doctor Strange, because he has already seen that when he was time mediating on Titan. Parker's reunion with Nat was a touching moment. There are also people whom indeed moved on but suddenly was reunited with their lost ones. Yeah it's kind a complicated world now.

Then why didn't he sacrifice himself and also reset time to 5 years ago and wish everyone back?

Because like Hulk said, you can't change what's already happened.

>Cap got a fever dream to delude himself in
You are insane. Those are real people.

Cap is straight.

It's kind of a weird grey area because Cap Prime and Cap are pretty much the same person. Plus, without Cap Prime's explicit and determined help, Cap would never be out of the ice anyway. And Cap Prime is the creator of the entire timeline in the first place. Plus with Cap Prime actually around he could with his knowledge of how events transpire build a much better reality.
You can get into weird loops if you get too philosophic on the morals of all this. Here's one: why doesn't Cap go back in time, pull himself out of the ice, hand himself a letter full of information needed to produce a better world, go back to the Prime Timeline, go back to the past, pull himself out of the ice, hand himself a letter full of information needed to produce a better world, go back to the Prime Timeline, go back to the past....
In fact why doesn't Cap go back in time to when Tony's parents died and prevent them from dying? Then hand them a letter...
In fact why doesn't Tony go back and kill Hitler in his sleep? Then hand the President a letter...
Repeat ad infinitum until we hit moral imperative bedrock - why doesn't Doctor Strange, the Hulk, etc. go back to the very beginning of time and shepherd mankind's infancy to avoid all suffering and move towards a heaven on earth, guiding mankind through generations? They could collect all the brightest minds from all possible universes and put them to work to create the best possible timeline.
This is why I like the interpretation that there is really only one timeline and the rest fade away once the traveler leaves, because it avoids all moral dilemmas. Cap's timeline that he chose to settle down in wasn't really "real" and he knew it, it was just a dream that he chose to spend the rest of his life in. Of course that doesn't fix the "why not go back and grab Nikola Tesla?" thing, so what I'd prefer is if you couldn't take individuals out of their timelines either. Let Gamora be perma-dead.

Butterfly effect. He couldn't know any future event after preventing one mayor disaster.
>saves JFK
>9/11 is changed to 4/7 or never happens

But it was already confirmed there's no butterfly effect:

This. The one thing he could for sure do is root out Hydra, if he chose to do so. The rest is up in the air.

You need to learn how to read. He's saying there's no butterfly effect because of how the timelines work - in context, he's saying that you wouldn't produce any changes in the main timeline. He's not saying a butterfly effect wouldn't occur in a branch timeline.

Does that mean all the good Cap tries to do ends up moot?

Attached: 1556301257028.jpg (463x557, 470K)

This. Whole time I was wondering why they weren't going back in time to snag alternate versions of their dead friends and any useful people to put to work guarding earth. God knows Fury would be all over it. Go get a few copies of Thor for example. Go get Thor all of Asgard back. Go get a few Hulks.

Like the other guy said, he could probably stop Hydra but after that who knows? It's then up to the national defense to do their jobs to the best of their ability.

Thanks for explaining. I like the idea too, timelines closing and merging and Steve knowing it's not "real" like the Prime that he has to return to.

This way, Steve was sure he could leave Bucky alone for a few seconds or minutes in Prime, that he's safe and then get to go have his life and come back to be with Bucky at the end of the line. I still don't agree it's gotta be with Peggy but maybe it's someone else (he didn't tell Sam about "her" either).

Attached: tumblr_pqnei76DqK1qllu80o1_1280.jpg (1000x707, 115K)

I was confused why Thor didn't just take his mom back with him seeing as she would have died that day anyway

She would've refused and accepted her fate

Except the Russos have said this isn't how it works.

Sure. Lets piss off a lot of branch timelines. What could go wrong?

Yeah but it seemed out of character for him not to try, or for example to then not want to go get a copy of Loki from before he was killed by Thanos or something.

>all of the Thanos from the branch timelines they take the Thors and Hulks from end up jumping too

Attached: 1556342263349.jpg (640x574, 269K)

They pretty much do that anyway lmao. Also doesn't answer the question of - why not send Doc Strange back to the very first man and have him manage all of humanity to create a perfect timeline
The "fact" that the branches exist is fucking retarded is what I'm saying. It should be like Donnie Darko where a parallel universe is inherently unstable and must collapse with God personally guiding it to appropriate destruction

Attached: 3388625-youngavengers00503.jpg (699x960, 194K)

>go back to very early Asgard
>sneakily take baby Thor and Mjolnir
>raise him on earth
just have someone disguise himself as an ice giant and tell Odin ice giants stole him

>wake up 70 years later
>eventually learn that an alternate version of yourself has been cucking you with the love of your life

What would you do in this situation?

>Hail Hydra

Oh shit.

Considering that 2014 Thanos jumped timeline and intended to wipe out a universe not his own, I'm surprised that none of the cosmic entities showed up.

>If they really wanted to show Tony as selfless, they should have written him taking the choice of resetting to 5 years back, to lose his child for the sake of trillions.
If Tony had willingly erased his own child out of existence, I would've felt pissed off about it. I can accept the idea that he makes a selfish choice due to being a parent who loves his child, but I have much more difficulty accepting the idea that he erases several years of unborn children (even his own) out of existence by replacing the whole timeline with another.
Attempting to rewrite reality is a tough topic with some uncomfortable questions about its moral implications, and I'm happy they didn't actually try to alter the things that had already happened. Yes, undoing the snap this way causes a whole different batch of problems and there would still be casualties like you mentioned, but I'm still happier with this approach instead of just pressing the reset button and erasing absolutely everything that had happened.

Thats how the movie itself says it works.

Huh. I'd not thought about the kids born in the interim. I still don't like the idea of a family man tony. This movie feels like the epilogue of Harry Potter.

And the Russos feel like Rowling with their explanations.

wait, when does it say Cap stops 9/11?

>wait, when does it say Cap stops 9/11?
It's implied by his angelic aura.

This shit is Samurai Jack/Secret Empire cap all over again. Yea Forums making the worst possible interpretation of events just to give themselves a reason to be angry.

We're getting used to losing Evans user. It's only been a week, give it a while. That five (or more) stages of grief thing is real.

We knew we were saying goodbye to Tony to Thanos. We didn't know we were losing Cap to the Russos.

This movie's a punch in the gut for a lot of people for a lot of different reasons.

Steve Rodgers is heterosexual.

I see him as bisexual but this anger/whinings is not about which gender he bangs. It's about which person and in what timeline and when.

I would have liked Steve to turn up again, as he left, on the platform in 2023 and Sharon Carter is waiting for him. And he asks her for a cup of coffee.

The Russos shafted her too.

But wouldn't those few minutes create anomalies?

>I see him as bisexual

Attached: ha.gif (160x160, 528K)

Hayley Atwell is literal perfection. Given the opportunity I would shirk all responsibility to spend the rest of my life with her.

>he's never seen Evans interact with Downey, Mackie or Hemsworth
>thinking Cap's straight

Attached: cTrcuwL.jpg (600x817, 124K)

No.

There is no good interpretation with the Cap storyline. It's an alternate timeline. He steals another man's life, no matter how you look at it. That's evil.

The bench doesn't even matter since they showed them able to freely travel through space and time. Nobody said Steve had to press the return button. He could have simply traveled there directly

>Cinema Sins will have a feast with this movie.

Attached: neckbeard.webm (640x360, 1.78M)

They'll be too afraid to really criticize it because of The Mouse.

Yup, they took so fucking long to do Infinity War so that there wouldn't be that much heat to them, whereas the likes of others such as Honest Trailers or other video essays that wait for Blurays for their clips did them as soon as they were available.

Attached: 1506056749504.png (324x246, 40K)

The infinity war hishe had no bite. Marvel got to them.

>People ITT are still applying Back to the Future time travel rules to the MCU when Endgame spent two whole ass scenes explaining how it's different

Attached: 1387987706970.gif (300x300, 1.49M)

>Q: What about those people who got dusted? What did those five years mean to them? Why didn't they grow older when undusted?

>A: Yes, those people whom was lucky to survive the snap are 5 years older than the people who just got back. The reason Spider Man saw his friend again in high school at the end was simply because his friends was unfortunately also dusted like Spider Man was. Of course, there are people in his grade whom didn't die and they are probably already in colleges by now. To those dusted people, they had no conscious in these past 5 years. They didn't know what happened. It's as if they had just woke up from a long sleep. The only one who was aware about how many years has passed was Doctor Strange, because he has already seen that when he was time mediating on Titan. Parker's reunion with Nat was a touching moment. There are also people whom indeed moved on but suddenly was reunited with their lost ones. Yeah it's kind a complicated world now.

This is the dumbest shit to me. The world would not just 'keep going' after the snap. It would be some major post-apocalyptic shit. No college, no internet, no videogames, none of that stuff would still be functioning. Half the population of the planet vanishing would leave a massive impact on every level of society, and them suddenly returning five years later would be even bigger. Spider-Man would not be going on a school trip to Europe close to the events of endgame.

who says she didn't