Lol are they actually trying to compete

Lol are they actually trying to compete

Attached: IMG_20190501_075955.jpg (1620x2400, 532K)

Other urls found in this thread:

syfy.com/syfywire/childs-play-tv-series-tentative-title-back-to-horror-basics
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This trailer looks like they had a script for a killer Siri or Google Home that they couldn't sell so they slapped Chucky on it.

It looks to me like they're actually trying something new with a remake instead of doing a platinum dunes style one.

>a killer Siri or Google Home
That would be cool, no joke.

They're trying too hard

>would you like me to read tomorrow's obituaries?

Sorry Chucky, Toy Story has already been dead for a while.

It might be cool, but it would invite 2001 comparisons from all quarters.

>Siri, Siri, give me your answer, do...

This.
The original Chicky is still going as a tv shy on Syfy trying to do an Ssh vs the Evil Dead did

The reboot is trying to give a voodooless killer doll and giving Andy an "IT" ragtag group of friends.

It has been done. Called something like Mom House or Mom In The Walls or My Mom Is Home or whatever. Mom dies, they take her brain and put it in a computer and connect it to the house, mom doesn't want family to ever leave the house, mom house goes crazy.

House of Mom or something, man.

>June
>Not October
Seriously?

Pretty sure you're talking about that Disney channel movie, right?

Smart House

It happens

Although it didn't happen with Shazam strangely enough. I guess even they knew how much of a failure it would be.

Attached: D4IQk6_U4AAyC9R.jpg (1200x1200, 212K)

I dunno, I had it on laserdisc back in the 80s. It was by the guy that directed Pumpkin on the Roof, I remember that much.

Outside nostalgiafags who can’t get off the boat before the start whoring out sequels who’ll see it I don’t think the target audiences are overlapping

Or they're just doing it for a laugh, considering it's riffing on an existing TS4 poster.

So just Monster House but with Siri?

Well John it's been fun but I gotta go
I have a date with a 24 year old toy

Dean Koontz did it in the 70s with Demon Seed.

It comes out same day i think

its more simple than that, they want to be sure they can bypass china's mysticism ban. killer ai and massive cgi is an easier/cheaper sell

October belongs to someone else

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

Netflix Sabrina's second season premiered already tho.

got that right

Attached: MV5BODEyMDkxNzE4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzc3MDg1NzM@._V1_.jpg (1382x2048, 522K)

I’m pretty sure I accidentally watched some of Demon Seed as a little kid and it gave me a bunch of my fetishes.

The scariest part of the original movie is the bimbo chick grinding her nails in a back and forth motion which made me physically cringe.

Toy Story 4 is a mistake. An unnecessary one too.

Its got fail all over it, it's clearly gilding the lily.
Its sad that it'll tarnish the over all story.

>no Brad Dourif
>no spiritual angle
>no opportunity to see the mom from 7th Heaven get the crap beat out of her

Why bother?

Mommy-leficent

>grinding your nails like that

Attached: halloween_comics_window.jpg (620x609, 89K)

Season two is just too unwatchable for me, I gave up second episode. It's just so fucking preachy but if you actually pay attention the show just keeps contradicting itself. First season at least I could compare it to the comic.

Giving Andy a group of friends bothers me more than anything else in this. Still more interested in it than TS4 though.

Don't worry Boco everyone is coming back in the tv show

syfy.com/syfywire/childs-play-tv-series-tentative-title-back-to-horror-basics

Attached: Dy55FmhV4AAr5ta.jpg (645x1021, 124K)

That, plus a dash of Mark "creepy voice daddy" Hamill on it.

I'm expecting a lot of rage to come from Hamill after the character assassination from the last star wars movie.

It’ll do well because normies don’t care that 3 was the best ending and it’s just getting milked, it’s muh childhood (see also all the live action shit)
I can see massive backlash or even critical panning depending on how bad it goes

>It basically becomes Eagle Eye when they just leave the house like any sane person would suggest but Google/Siri is fucking everywhere.
It'll say a lot about our society.

Really this seems like an updated version of Small soldiers. Who were A.I toys that became too self aware. But with the added potential of being wifi connected. With Aubrey Plaza instead of Kirsten Dunst

Attached: That+song+always+makes+me+think+of+that+scene+from+_d3a64a6c4a4b8560611b4e18c6103e03.png (718x314, 270K)

Man I loved Small Soldiers. That movie never gets any love.

God I loved that movie.

So they're planning to drag out her fetid corpse again to make it dance for the tweenage girls?
God, it's a damned shame.

>Combine it and the Smart house idea
>They pull the trick they did with the Barbies with the smart controls of the house to make it their self-aware home base
>They think actual Humans are just an evil race of giants allied with the Gorgons
>They make it their mission to take back Earth for the Human race
>Movie is a race against time trying to take back the house before it can hack the Nukes