Shang-Chi is the son of the 'comic book Mandarin'

Shang-Chi is the son of the 'comic book Mandarin'

The MCU Mandarin is the elite leader of a group called the Ten Rings, a group of ten criminals around the world - including Norman Osborn, the Black Knight, and Achebe.

The main plot of the movie is Shang-Chi being recruited by SHIELD to take down his father's organization.

It is revealed that Tony Stark was originally meant to be a member of Ten Rings when he was captured, but his escape prevented that, leading to Osborn's appointment.

The main villain, besides Mandarin, is Black Knight, who Kevin Feige really, really likes. Currently, Gerald Butler is in talks to play him.

The big reveal at the end is that the Mandarin does really have ten magic rings that tie to the cosmic MCU, and there will be a massive battle between father and son.

Attached: Shang_Chi-sq.jpg (500x481, 253K)

>LARPing about fucking Shang-Chi

At least do The Eternals, lad.

Nice dubs. I'm not involved in the Eternals in any way, shape, or form.

Even if you got a leaked script, at this stage of development its going to change so much it'll be unrecognizable

Would be a good payoff to that one shot

The script I have read was not 'leaked' per se, but yes it could absolutely change. Casting generally does not change, so I suspect Black Knight will remain a central antagonist.

Shang Chi being merged with Temugin?

I see it more as Mandarin being merged with Fu-Manchu.

>Implying they will ever do another Mandarin
>inb4 but muh noncanon All Hail the King!
They are never going to undo Iron Man 3 and reuse the Mandarin under the guise of “”””it’s the ‘real’ one though””””. Especially since the Mandarin is considered racist and they don’t want to offend the media and China.

If Shang Chi is anything but an enter the dragon kung-fu tournament ending in a fight against Taskmaster, i will be disappointed.

Wasn't he originally the son of Fu Manchu? Too bad Fu Manchu is considered racist now, it kind of balances it out if he has a hero son. Mandarin was just as big of a racial caricature originally, actually. Hell, even in the 90s Iron Man cartoon he had yellowish green skin. It would be cool if they could redeem the concept of Fu Manchu and also Charlie Chan.

Marvel doesn't have any rights to Fu Manchu, so they're not going to use him for this film.

Isn't Black Knight some Bostonian WASP that has links to Captain Britain?

Mandarin having the long black hair, mustache, etc. is fine so long as he is a dignified, regal presence in the film.

I thought Obadiah Stane hired the Ten Rings guys to kill Tony?

That would be a great way to establish taskmaster. He could be seen watching all the fights, and at the end he fights Shang Chi using all the moves we have seen in the movie against him.

All Hail the King is canon. Also look at that other short where General Ross wanted Abomination on the Avengers. Strong rumors of a Thunderbolts movie with Abomination are popping up. If so it would support that short being canon, so this one could be too. The concept of an evil Chinese person is only offensive if the hero is also not Chinese. Shang-Chi is, and much of the supporting cast likely would be too. They might have to change the name Mandarin though.

Stane gave them a time and a place to capture Tony - they use it as an opportunity to recruit him.

Still can’t believe they are seriously developing this shit

Isn't Black Knight a good guy ?

A good guy with an evil sword

What's wrong with kung fu movies?

He's a casual that doesn't read comics.

>Strong rumors of a Thunderbolts movie with Abomination are popping up.
You can't cite a single solitary source that isn't you fanboying on Yea Forums.
Fuck off, LARPer.

Attached: Behold.png (355x408, 210K)

Wasn't that just lip service from marvel? "Yeah, we could totally do the mandrian proper." *Wink Wink* besides didn't aldritch killian admit he and his think tank A.I.M. made up/ was behind the Madrian and the Ten Rings so either A He made up a terrorist group that just so happen to exist -which is dumb- or B he knew about the terrorist group and just used their image without permission- which is dumb- Or C did know about said group, asked and was denied only to use it anyways-which is dumb.

What's with all this Black Knight talk?
He's just a guy with a sword.

I mean, Ten Rings is a real terrorist organization in the MCU — they're the ones who kidnapped Tony in Afghanistan. Killian probably took their name to make himself sound more imposing. It's like someone in America claiming to be the leader of ISIS.

You took this idea from me when I posted it months ago

so they got ben kingsley and sam rockwell to take time out to shoot something non canon?

the tv isn't canon stuff at least makes sense.

when everyone shits on this stuff they always forget about that shit in ironman 1

This would be my favorite MCU film if this is true

I don't believe that Osborn shit. Disney and Sony's deal for Spider-Man doesn't have more than one or two films left in it. There's no way they would sprinkle Spidey stuff in other films and waste appearances on things like this.

It'd be pretty great to have the real Mandarin finally revealed proper though.

Black Knight is two dudes. Ones a master inventor who fought the Avengers (I think he had something to do with Doom but I forget). The second Black Knight is his son who try’s to redeem his fathers name and eventually gets a magic evil sword.

I never thought I'd be interested in a Shang-Chi movie but, if these rumors are even remotely true, here we are.

I'd imagine maybe Dr. Doom might be part of the Ten Rings as well?

The difference is that Kevin Feige is listed as a producer on All Hail the King (and Agent Carter) while he's not credited as producer on the other Marvel shows.

A member of the 10 rings is also seen in Ant-Man when Darren Cross is trying sell/show off the Yellowjacket suit. A guy has the 10 rings tattood on his neck

Even with Iron-Man 3 alone, Killian taking sole credit for the 10 Rings makes no fucking sense. There were clearly other forces at work, and the short proved that.

God I want the real Mandarin to show up in all his comicy glory. He's just Kim Jong-il meets Liberace with magic alien rings, what's so weird about that?

The ten rings also blew up his house in Iron man 3 there's nothing to suggest they were killian's men using the Ten Rings name

Hydra Agent: So you're with the ten rings.
TR Agent: Nah, Russian mafia. I went all out for that Ten Rings scam and, well, Tattoos are just permanent.
Hydra Agent: Aw shit man.

>here's nothing to suggest they were killian's men using the Ten Rings name
And nothing to suggest they weren't. Why would the true Mandarin retaliate against Stark making threats to a television fake?

user this is moderately retarded.

>I'd imagine maybe Dr. Doom might be part of the Ten Rings as well?
Nah. Doom needs no one

They fucked up Iron Fist. They'll fuck up Shang-Chi too. Disney can't into Kung Fu.

And a winged horse.

The first modern Black Knight, Nathan Garrett, was an Ant-Man/Avengers villain who had a lot of high-tech armor and a horse genetically modified to have wings. His nephew Dane Whitman later decided to redeem his uncle's legacy and eventually gained the same sword as their medieval ancestor, Sir Percy, which has magic powers, but corrupts the user slowly.

It has potential MCU potential. Although I don't know if they are going to start off with Garrett and have Dane take over the mantle, or just start Dane off as a villain then look for redemption.

The heroic incarnation is his nephew, the one associated with Doom is Dreadknight.

brap

Shang chjing chong ding ding me so retarded lol

When the fuck are we getting Fin Fang Foom?