Paranorman thread

lets talk about one of the most underrated movies of the decade

Attached: image_1024x576_paranorman_hero_v3.jpg (1024x576, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QbMcPeuQsfE
youtube.com/watch?v=wZUKOxIXZ8c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

youtube.com/watch?v=QbMcPeuQsfE

youtube.com/watch?v=wZUKOxIXZ8c

Norgatha's a cute ship

Attached: NorgathaMakeYouSuffer.jpg (539x799, 323K)

Attached: tumblr_miv9jjVQS21s57hfvo1_400.jpg (349x502, 153K)

Attached: tumblr_mf3xaxX7BU1rljyq8o1_1280.jpg (505x791, 244K)

This is probably going to die before it reaches 20 posts, but good on you for trying.

It deserves credit for breaking new ground in LGBT representation children’s animated films! Although I found its moral, that you shouldn’t be punished for doing horrific things to people, a little problematic.

Why haven't they been able to recapture the magic of this film?

Attached: Paranorman.jpg (394x582, 163K)

Nice movie but not much to talk about.

Aren't they somehow related?

With as many generations as there are between them I don't think they'd be much more closely related than any other randomly chosen pair of people. Plus she's dead.

I love Norghata.

They ar, although I prefer parapines.
The lesson was not repay people with the same coin.
For Agatha's time, it was normal to marry your firt cousin.

Attached: er_____dipper__by_monsternist.png (1280x1646, 2.83M)

Attached: AggieBed.jpg (552x1307, 456K)

Not with that attitude!

This was one of my favorite movies is high school but I haven’t sat down to watch it in years.
I should see if I still have the dvd.

Weak middle, but a solid first act and extremely strong third act, all with amazing animation. I'd argue it's Laika's best film.

Attached: paranorman_normanswalk.webm (640x268, 2.66M)

First cousins not so much, but marriage between second and third cousins was (and still is) extremely common and a generally accepted practice to keep power, land, and wealth within a family without the risks of inbreeding that come from pairings between first cousins or siblings.

I thought the moral was not to be afraid of what's different.

I wish there was more stuff like paranorman and monster house where kids deal with paranormal stuff that could actually kill them. It's good stuff.

I mean, there's IT, but you've got to put up with a giant heap of space turtles and child gangbangs with your 'kids dealing with paranormal stuff that could actually kill them'

Mescaline is one hell of a drug.

>tfw you'll never be able to unread that scene

Attached: depression.jpg (600x400, 15K)

Why?

The witch clouds looked absolutely AMAZING.

The the big bro being gay at the end had me and 2 other people in the audience burst into uncontrollable laughter.

Possibly Laika's best movie all around.

How?

Reminder, all the Babcock family has a nice butt.
Yes, especially Norman.

Attached: 1554934849487.png (1280x720, 862K)

>Yes, especially Norman.

Did I stutter, fag?

Attached: 1539288307666.jpg (750x500, 28K)

I appreciated how their token gay character was subtle and likeable, and the reveal was a hilarious punchline. Much better than the in-your-face socjus manner they do it nowadays.

By having really great stop motion effects and having one of their best stories.
Coraline is probably their best movie, story-wise. Then Paranorman, and then Kubo, then either Boxtrolls or Missing Link near the bottom (again, story-wise).
As for their stopmotion it continues to get more and more flawless. Coraline is their oldest and while still amazing they've improved their technique since then.

80s King was a creative genius, but off his fucking rocker. Remember that he was doing so much coke at the time that to this day he doesn’t even remember writing Cujo. Makes the conspiracy theory that he killed John Lennon seem less unreasonable.

Attached: 1677818 - Agatha_Prenderghast Dipper_Pines Gravity_Falls Norman_Babcock ParaNorman Zakeno comic cros (533x2569, 1.42M)

>Makes the conspiracy theory that he killed John Lennon seem less unreasonable.

Pic related works for both

Attached: shocking.jpg (254x252, 21K)

>Makes the conspiracy theory that he killed John Lennon seem less unreasonable.

Holy fuck I cannot wait to dig into this one.

Yes.

Different members.

>underrated
I find it pretty good for what it is but not outstanding.
Aggie a cute

That wasn't the moral.

The moral was that you shouldn't let anger control you and that staying mad at people isn't going to make you feel better.

Also being different is okay.

I can't believe how assblasted people got about it, I remember even seeing a Fox News segment saying it was LGBT propaganda.

There was a joke near the end. It served as a litmus test for the movie's message.